Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition $59.99 at BB

Some BB supposedly have it on Clearance for $59.99 so I think this might be YMMV for some Best Buy. My local BB in Hawthorne, CA hardly has anything left around in time for Clearance.

EDIT: Just texted my buddy who works at BB. Price is correct but my locals have no stock.

$60? sheesh. this is what they get for refusing to sell me one on launch day because they needed to keep copies for black friday. what a load of crap.

Man... I dunno if this is still worth it for $60. With my current backlog, Gran Turismo 10 will be out by then... and IF I buy it, should I actually keep it sealed?

I wondered when this would leak out...it's been this price in their system (regardless of what the tag says on the shelf) for a few weeks. I have scoured my area near and far, and came up with a surprising amount of copies.

[quote name='SakBee']Man... I dunno if this is still worth it for $60. With my current backlog, Gran Turismo 10 will be out by then... and IF I buy it, should I actually keep it sealed?[/QUOTE]

GT10? You have 30 years worth on your backlog!?

Pfft, between the holiday B1G1 half off, B2G1 @ GS, and the recent sale at BBV, I'd say my backlog is more like FIFTY years lol!!

But seriously, is this collector's edition a keeper for that price? Since my backlog is so huge, I probably won't get around to this until summer.

Oh wait, MvC3 & MK will be out soon, too... Dammit!

You're getting a diecast model car, what's essentially a racing driver's manual, DLCs, and a keychain. Considering how the regular game hasn't really dropped in price, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. (Was going to get the game anyways, so now I'm getting free stuff with it)

[quote name='n1c0']You're getting a diecast model car, what's essentially a racing driver's manual, DLCs, and a keychain. Considering how the regular game hasn't really dropped in price, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. (Was going to get the game anyways, so now I'm getting free stuff with it)[/QUOTE]

does anyone know how good are the 5 chrome line cars compared to the stealth cars? from GT's website it doesn't look like this edition include stealth cars :cry:

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/collectorsedition

hey, everyone!

what's the best buy sku for ass creed bro collector's ed. ps3 so i can search for that? different retailers (amazon, etc. have diff. sku's for their respective merch right?).

the ass bro ce ps3 doesn't show up on bestbuy.com at all so i can't get the sku myself. does anyone know the sku?

[quote name='SakBee']Man... I dunno if this is still worth it for $60. With my current backlog, Gran Turismo 10 will be out by then... and IF I buy it, should I actually keep it sealed?[/QUOTE]

You might as well open the game and get some enjoyment out of it. Whenever a new game in the GT series comes out, it arrives with more tracks, cars, and improvements that usually encompasses and surpasses everything found in the previous games. Are people really going to want to go back and play an older racing game once the newest version hits?

[quote name='PublikDefender']hey, everyone!

what's the best buy sku for ass creed bro collector's ed. ps3 so i can search for that? different retailers (amazon, etc. have diff. sku's for their respective merch right?).

the ass bro ce ps3 doesn't show up on bestbuy.com at all so i can't get the sku myself. does anyone know the sku?[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, the Assassins Creed CE is on clearance too? How much?

[quote name='PublikDefender']hey, everyone!

the ass bro ce ps3 doesn't show up on bestbuy.com at all so i can't get the sku myself. does anyone know the sku?[/QUOTE]
First of all, you spelled ass bro ce ps3 wrong! :lol: Its Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition. You said you can't search it @ the website. Its still there when I typed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition sigh. :roll:

:ps3: PS3
:360: Xbox 360

[quote name='ComfortablyNumb']So wait, i just read this thread and so far, ACB CE is not $69. Right? This was just a misunderstanding.[/QUOTE]
Right.

Nice, i was really considering getting this game with all my friends playing it now, if i can get the CE ill jump on it. (Especially with that 10% off text coupon)

Man, I wish I hadn't gotten the regular version now. I agonized over it, but just decided the CE wasn't worth $99.99 when I got the regular version for $45. For $40 less though, it's a no-brainer.

If you guys search google (best buy grab turismo 5 collectors edition) you can pull up the cached page which still has a working "Find in Store" link.

Either way, dead to me since no store has a copy (and the radius seemed pretty big)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Nice, i was really considering getting this game with all my friends playing it now, if i can get the CE ill jump on it. (Especially with that 10% off text coupon)[/QUOTE]

Is the 10% coupon your talking about the one that expires on 1/31? I thought video games didn't work with that coupon?

Hopefully that "find in store" link is working correctly because every single bb near me has it in stock, I think....does in store only mean it is in stock?

I don't think I have ever seen one in my area. I want to pick this game up but I'm holding out for it to come down in price or maybe next year to come out with all the stuff on PSN for 60.

I'd be willing to call around but is this a national clearance? How would I convince them its 59.99? I had to get them to PM COD Black Ops off the website.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'd be willing to call around but is this a national clearance? How would I convince them its 59.99? I had to get them to PM COD Black Ops off the website.[/QUOTE]

If it's $59.99 in one of the stores, then the pricing should be the same across the board. BB uses a company-wide point of sale network to do all of their B&M pricing. The only time you would really run into an issue is if there is an online-only sale or clearance (since those prices come from a separate database).

I'm heading out to my local store right now. I'll post back with my results.

All stores in my area indicate "IN STORE ONLY" for availability. Is that supposed to mean they have it in stock? I seem to think that is not the case given I have never seen it in the store myself at my closest store when I heard about this clearance about a week or two ago. Although, I just looked for it in the PS3 section and didn't ask for it.

ALL the stores in area says "IN STORE ONLY" when checking inventory using the link in this thread. I don't believe all of them actually have it in stock, at least for a couple that I was at 2 weeks ago and didn't see any on the PS3 floor.

I returned a copy last week because the stupid bestbuy.com shipped in a bubble envelope and it took some severe beating to it in the 2 freakin' week it was in during transit. Perhaps that store still has it on the sale floor but I'm sure no collector would like the condition it's in.

There are 4 in Winchester, VA. If anyone cares to help a brother out for that morsel of info, give me a PM. That was confirmed via Best Buy's internal inventory system.

here is a link for the GT5 collectors inventory checker just need the zip or city/state

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olste...searchmode

None in Nashville TN. I can drive to KY to get it but I would rather just pick it up from Gamestop( I think they have one in stock). These things sell on ebay for $160(with 12 bids) so they are harder to find and rare.

I went on a search for this and came back with an Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition for $49.99. This was was at the Tampa, Fla., location on Dale Mabry.

bread's done
Back