- - - - -

Help put my wife into a coma! 4/25 MASSIVE UPDATE INCOMING! DVDs,PS3, N64, misc

#31 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

Definitely sorry to hear about your situation. I'm possibly starting up a lowball of my own soon, if I do you can expect a portion of the profits to be headed your way.

I'll also probably end up buying something from you this week as well. :)

Best of luck to you!

#32 mossman43   Castlevania Freak CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

I'll do what I can to help as soon as I can get to my laptop. My wife and daughter are the most important things in the world to me and it would kill me just to even know that mine was in pain like that. I tip my hat to you for doing this and god bless all you CAGs that donated for helping this guy!

#33 Lemarfanz   Video Games Are Art! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

I really hope you're being honest about this because I just donated a few bucks to you. It isn't much but I really wish you the best...

#34 Lemarfanz   Video Games Are Art! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

Also, while were on the topic...BUMP.

#35 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

I really hope you're being honest about this because I just donated a few bucks to you. It isn't much but I really wish you the best...

Thanks for your donation! :)

I certainly am being honest. Like I said up above, I wish to god I wasn't being honest and this was all a hoax. Life is terrible for her (and me) right now, I'd rather it be all a lie..

#36 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

Mixer and Mossman up above, thank you very much for any future donations and if you can't... that's ok, too. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Probably will be listing a bunch of DS games shortly.. they aren't anything terribly exciting, mostly shovelware/puzzle/etc. from my mother in law that she's tired of playing... but maybe someone will find something for their mother in law! :)

#37 Lemarfanz   Video Games Are Art! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

If you have any ps3 game i'd love to buy them off of you!

#38 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

Hmm... I'm not at home right now, but I'm pretty sure the only two PS3 games I was willing to part with were Unreal Tournament 3 and Lair. Both definitely have their original case as well, although I can't remember if the manuals are there or not (I will check). I guess $10 shipped for either one, or more if you are feeling generous :)

#39 Moltres423   Not easy being meaty CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Moltres423

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hmm... I'm not at home right now, but I'm pretty sure the only two PS3 games I was willing to part with were Unreal Tournament 3 and Lair. Both definitely have their original case as well, although I can't remember if the manuals are there or not (I will check). I guess $10 shipped for either one, or more if you are feeling generous :)

I'm sorry, but if this story is really true I would be prying the boards off my floor, gathering all the jewelry/watches, dvds,speakers, ANYTHING I could sell and using it towards this surgery. Hell, I might just consider stealing if I thought I could get away with it.

You're saying that CAG is your only hope? Do everything in your own power to help yourself, sell all of your games,systems, and luxury items before asking others to chip in.

#40 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

I'm sorry, but if this story is really true I would be prying the boards off my floor, gathering all the jewelry/watches, dvds,speakers, ANYTHING I could sell and using it towards this surgery. Hell, I might just consider stealing if I thought I could get away with it.

You're saying that CAG is your only hope? Do everything in your own power to help yourself, sell all of your games,systems, and luxury items before asking others to chip in.

Hahah, yeah the "CAG is my only hope" is just a reference to Star Wars, that's all. Believe me, we've gotten rid of a ton of shit already, and still are getting rid of more. ;)

And the "willing to part with", well I only have two other games which are Little Big Planet and Metal Gear Solid 4. I like both of them quite a bit (wife loves Little Big Planet), and they aren't huge money makers so I'm not parting with them quite yet. I don't feel I have to sell absolutely everything I own... YET. Trying to get donations, setup fundraisers, etc. etc. before I quite get to the "alright we aren't keeping anything anymore" phase. Right now it's "OK, time to go through games and movies I've never played, never will play, don't like, willing to part with for a good price, etc." phase.

#41 maxim2boobles   AwesomeNOT CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

maxim2boobles

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:42 AM

Shenmue 2 (Japanese edition)

is that dreamcast or PS2?

#42 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:46 AM

@maxim2boobles
they made A PS2 VER of Shenmue 2

#43 maxim2boobles   AwesomeNOT CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

maxim2boobles

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

@maxim2boobles
they made A PS2 VER of Shenmue 2

i will donate $20

also, i want to know which version is shenmue 2?

#44 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

That would be the Dreamcast version. It really is in fantastic condition, with the exception of the outer slipcover. That has some shelf wear and such, but still looks pretty decent.

#45 aots16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

felt bad that my trade list was above this one, so bump!

#46 dv8mad  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

felt bad that my trade list was above this one, so bump!

:rofl:
That's awesome.

#47 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

:rofl:
That's awesome.

Agreed. :) I'm so happy to see the CAG community helping my wife and I out in a time of need. I know I'll get nowhere near $50,000 on CAG (obviously, I don't expect to), but right now... every little bit I can get counts. I just had a CAG donate $50 to me!!

You guys and gals are fantastic..

#48 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Just dropping in to give my condolences. :(

Thanks. I'm so excited, yet scared for the upcoming six to nine months...

#49 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Stay positive. If you start thinking negatively, it'll only get worse. :(

$50,000 is a'lot of money, especially with the state of the economy, but it can be reached. Never give up, because you're doing this for the love of your life. Always remember that.

Yarp. It is a lot, but we'll find a way to get it. :)

#50 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

bump bump

#51 pixi   Megabitch CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

D'hh :(

Good luck to the both of you! :(

#52 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

D'hh :(

Good luck to the both of you! :(

Thanks.

One thing I didn't mention much in the OP, but I was thinking about a lot today, is the fact that this condition is hard for people to understand. My wife is dealing with an incredible amount of pain that never goes away, yet she shows very little physical symptoms. There is some... redness, swelling, facial drooping (if the methadone dose is missed somehow), etc. Technically though, her bones and muscles are fine (as of this point). If it continued to get worse where she wouldn't be able to move anymore, their would be permanent effects like muscle atrophy and bone softening.

If you look up those pain scale tests they do for different conditions and diseases, you'll see that CRPS (aka RSD) is pretty much tops on them. It's the type of pain that you would rush to the ER for (and we certainly have), only to realize there isn't really anything that they can do.

Edited by Biglesworth23, 31 January 2011 - 02:51 AM.

#53 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

One last bump before bedtime..

#54 haruky   Vengeance. CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

Up to the top this one goes.
I hope all things turn out okay!

#55 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppity do

#56 LegioXIX   SPQR CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

Bump

#57 dv8mad  

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

My highest selling item went for $30, so that is all yours.

Wish you and your wife the best of luck.

#58 saad77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

Bump!

My prayers are with you! Hope everything works out!

#59 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

My highest selling item went for $30, so that is all yours.

Wish you and your wife the best of luck.

Thank you very much. :)

In the coming days, I will definitely be adding more games. I think most CAGs are probably turned off because well.. the game selection isn't exactly good. I was looking at it as a "Hey, donate a little money, get a free game out of it", but I don't think most others are viewing it as such. :) Still though, I am happy with the turn out so far. We've cleared over $100 from CAG donations alone, and only two CAGers requested a game. Impressive!

#60 FeedMeAStrayCat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

FeedMeAStrayCat

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

Bump!

My prayers are with you! Hope everything works out!

Thank you. I'm not a religious man, but we'll take any help we can get. :)