Help put my wife into a coma! 4/25 MASSIVE UPDATE INCOMING! DVDs,PS3, N64, misc

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Thanks. I'm so excited, yet scared for the upcoming six to nine months...[/QUOTE]
Stay positive. If you start thinking negatively, it'll only get worse. :(

$50,000 is a'lot of money, especially with the state of the economy, but it can be reached. Never give up, because you're doing this for the love of your life. Always remember that.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']Stay positive. If you start thinking negatively, it'll only get worse. :(

$50,000 is a'lot of money, especially with the state of the economy, but it can be reached. Never give up, because you're doing this for the love of your life. Always remember that.[/QUOTE]

Yarp. It is a lot, but we'll find a way to get it. :)

[quote name='pixi']D'hh :(

Good luck to the both of you! :([/QUOTE]

Thanks.

One thing I didn't mention much in the OP, but I was thinking about a lot today, is the fact that this condition is hard for people to understand. My wife is dealing with an incredible amount of pain that never goes away, yet she shows very little physical symptoms. There is some... redness, swelling, facial drooping (if the methadone dose is missed somehow), etc. Technically though, her bones and muscles are fine (as of this point). If it continued to get worse where she wouldn't be able to move anymore, their would be permanent effects like muscle atrophy and bone softening.

If you look up those pain scale tests they do for different conditions and diseases, you'll see that CRPS (aka RSD) is pretty much tops on them. It's the type of pain that you would rush to the ER for (and we certainly have), only to realize there isn't really anything that they can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dv8mad']My highest selling item went for $30, so that is all yours.

Wish you and your wife the best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. :)

In the coming days, I will definitely be adding more games. I think most CAGs are probably turned off because well.. the game selection isn't exactly good. I was looking at it as a "Hey, donate a little money, get a free game out of it", but I don't think most others are viewing it as such. :) Still though, I am happy with the turn out so far. We've cleared over $100 from CAG donations alone, and only two CAGers requested a game. Impressive!

[quote name='saad77']Bump!

My prayers are with you! Hope everything works out![/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm not a religious man, but we'll take any help we can get. :)

I'm open to ideas as well. If any of you can think of anything you think would boost the donations, let me know (either in the thread so others can see or PM if you want, doesn't matter). If there's a different method that could potentially work better, it's worth trying. I thought about a "give whatever you want" method to donation, perhaps with a small caveat about at least enough to pay for shipping (probably $2ish). I'm not sure how well it would work though, but I'm considering it.

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Free bump your way. My lowball is over later today, and I'm hooking you up with 10% of profits from it.[/QUOTE]

You are a hell of guy/gal! :) And I just noticed, not far away from me at all. Bucks County, not too far... Currently live in Dauphin County, used to live in Schuylkill County.. can't say I miss it, hahaha :)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']You are a hell of guy/gal! :) And I just noticed, not far away from me at all. Bucks County, not too far... Currently live in Dauphin County, used to live in Schuylkill County.. can't say I miss it, hahaha :)[/QUOTE]

Nice dude. Never know when a fellow cag is near. Been hit with alot of snow over there so far?

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Nice dude. Never know when a fellow cag is near. Been hit with alot of snow over there so far?[/QUOTE]

Not too much actually... you?

Dr. House (tv) had this procedure for his leg pain! lol random I know, but I may or may not be in the middle of watching the entire series :p

For the moment, a bump for you. I'll check out the games more carefully when I get home from work :)

Best of luck, your situation is rough.

Bump - Our prayers are with you and you family, mate. I wish i could give more, but i've donated a little to the email message included in the original post.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Bump - Our prayers are with you and you family, mate. I wish i could give more, but i've donated a little to the email message included in the original post.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

[quote name='randomthinker']Dr. House (tv) had this procedure for his leg pain! lol random I know, but I may or may not be in the middle of watching the entire series :p

For the moment, a bump for you. I'll check out the games more carefully when I get home from work :)

Best of luck, your situation is rough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, someone else mentioned that to me as well. I'll have to try to find that episode.. :)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Not too much actually... you?[/QUOTE]

Got a good amount within the past 2 weeks. Expecting more tonight or tomorow morning.

may God bless you, your wife, and everyone that cares about you all. i will continue to pray for financial blessings for your family, along with your wife's comfort & well being. i've been unemployed almost 1 & 1/2 years, so unfortunately i don't have anything to donate except my prayers. i will put a link to this thread on my tradelist & maybe it will help get you a couple extra views (which could hopefully lead to donations).

if you could get someone to make a sig for you, many of us could use that & it would do better than links to the page that are easier overlooked. i have found that CAG has a ton of great members with good hearts. i have no doubt that they will step up to the plate to help your family. again, God bless you & good luck. please keep us updated. thank you.

Thank you very much for your kind words. :)

Thanks for the signature idea. Yeah, I would definitely like one... if anyone would like to make some fancy one up for me, that would be grand.. ;)

Currently going through a large lot of stuff I just pulled from my upstairs.. "hobby room". Getting rid of a lot of games I held on to for no particular reason... massive new list of games incoming... :)

if i knew how, i'd make a sig. i, however, have no idea. i mostly acces the net thru my game systems. i have an old laptop, but it doesn't have MS Paint on it (which is where one would start, i'm guessing).

i put a link to here on the top of my trade page in bright orange, lol. let me know if someone ends up making a sig for you so i can use it. take care, bud.

Being a broke kid in college I don't really have much I could donate at the moment, but if I happen to get some cash I'll keep this in mind. I hope all works out well for you and your family.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Being a broke kid in college I don't really have much I could donate at the moment, but if I happen to get some cash I'll keep this in mind. I hope all works out well for you and your family.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. BTW, nice avatar. :)

Ugh. Apparently I didn't save the last bit of stuff I added to the list, started working on it on my laptop, and saved on there. Bleh. Then the desktop shutdown because our power went out (damn ice).

oh and... bump?

Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) - Complete (Greatest Hits)
Final Fantasy IX (PS1) - Complete (Black Label)
Alundra 2 (PS1) - Disc only

I'll take these 3 for $25

$10

Five PS1 games that do not work (either freeze upon startup, or freeze shortly into the game). If you think you can fix them, go for it. The only reason I'm listing them is because they are actually somewhat rare games:
Chrono Cross, Front Mission 3, Intelligent Qube, Warcraft II Dark Saga, and Star Ocean the Second Story. Take all five games for $10 (or whatever you feel like donating above that... :) ), maybe you can get them to work.

I want these. Do you take Money order?

I will probably be continuously adding stuff to the list as the day goes by... :)

More PS1 games, some misc. stuff, etc.

I figure, why not. If you guys don't buy it up (and most of it won't go, I'm sure), it will go to the big flea market/yard sale/chinese auction event we will be having in June. :)

Thanks Burrito King. :)

I'll probably be adding some more older games tomorrow. NES/Genesis/etc. I have quite a bit to go through.. lots of Atari/Colecovision stuff too..

bread's done
Back