- - - - -

Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

#61 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8020 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

No offense, but that's why you don't trade in 12 copies of the same game to one store. I used to get questionable looks when I'd have 2 of the same game, and that made me feel like I was pushing it. Trying to unload 12 is just asking for trouble. If you don't want to get caught, next time try to be a little more discreet.

Thing is that at the time they had a promotion going on that when you traded like 5 or more games you got like 50% extra credit or something crazy like that. Flipping them 1 or 2 at a time would result in a loss, flipping all at once meant as I said a $100-$200 profit and a $20 PSN card.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#62 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

i LOVE these sales! let's see, what to get...
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#63 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8020 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

It was their mistake. Seems rather silly to bar a customer for their own stupidity. Seems like the wrong way to keep business. But then again, I spose they could care less so long as they rake in cash hand-over-fist.

Kind of what I thought.....as I said over the years I had spent $1,000s at their store and now they ban me meaning I do not really shop with them anymore. I spent the credit I made mostly on console point cards and moved on. The money they lost was their own stupid mistake and they already have lost even more money by banning me.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner

#64 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   5417 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

Mafia 2, Enslaved, and The Saboteur (all PS3) for $42.95 in credit. 3 games I have had my eye on, and gamestop credit I needed to use = :D

Thanks OP!

Check out Inverted Access for gaming news and reviews.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#65 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15254 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Thing is that at the time they had a promotion going on that when you traded like 5 or more games you got like 50% extra credit or something crazy like that. Flipping them 1 or 2 at a time would result in a loss, flipping all at once meant as I said a $100-$200 profit and a $20 PSN card.

Ah, well, at least that makes sense. You had to know you were pushing it though, haha. Come on. That's pretty ballsy, especially once you show them how you're screwing them over. It shouldn't have been a total shock that you pissed somebody off.

Kind of what I thought.....as I said over the years I had spent $1,000s at their store and now they ban me meaning I do not really shop with them anymore. I spent the credit I made mostly on console point cards and moved on. The money they lost was their own stupid mistake and they already have lost even more money by banning me.

Right, but from their perspective, you're a shady customer (or even a "dealer"). For all they know, you only buy from them when you can turn around and make a profit. They decided they would rather lose your business. Not defending Gamestop here. Just saying it's not really surprising.

#66 jaydepps   CAGiversary! Lowball Ban   1330 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

So tempted especially with my $25 gift card.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#67 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Awesome just bought 9 games. Now hopefully they dont send me beat to crap cases and dont jip me on the manuals and/or cases lol

#68 Angriwooki   Nacho Libre CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Angriwooki

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

I just ordered 3 games over the weekend :(

#69 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8020 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ah, well, at least that makes sense. You had to know you were pushing it though, haha. Come on. That's pretty ballsy, especially once you show them how you're screwing them over. It shouldn't have been a total shock that you pissed somebody off.

Hehe O I knew I was pushing it and risking them reporting me but as I said I figured making almost $200 in credit and a $20 PSN card was worth it. As I said I only shopped there once or twice a year during the b2G1 sales and even then id play like a $500 order and end up returning $300 of it because it came in shit condition. Totally worth the ban.

#70 Tonious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Gah, this sucks. All the games I want aren't in stock. :/ I hope they move this to the store, there are like 4 around me.

#71 egonpax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

Have you been inside a Gamestop.com before?

Yeah! There's a Gamefly right across from there! :)

#72 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Can someone refresh my memory? Does AC: Brotherhood require a one time use code for online multiplayer?

#73 Kevfactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Kevfactor

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

hope it gets tot he store

i want to play a few old games like resident evil 5, gears, and gta :)

#74 blazinkent   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

blazinkent

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Got 9 Games to Canada for $177. Gonna make a packet off these for sure.

1x Red Dead Redemption
2x NBA 2K11
2x AC: Brotherhood
3x Fallout: NV
1x Tiger Woods 11

Thanks guys!

Update: Under Review, is this normal?

#75 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

I just ordered 3 games over the weekend :(

Return them at your local store if the stuff you want online is available. It's the same process if you want to swap out cases or crappy disks.

#76 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

I went with Destroy All Humans: Path of Furon (360), Batman AA GOTY (PS3), and Yogi Bear (Wii). I didn't even know DAH existed. I enjoyed the PS2 games so this was a nice surprised. As for Yogi, what can I say? I'm a sucker for side scrollers.

#77 oasisboy   Banned Banned   3135 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

oasisboy

According to many CAGs, GameStop is the worst B&M retailer of the year! Seriously? I guess your local Wal-Mart and Best Buy have deals like these all the time.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#78 egonpax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

I'm wanting to pull the trigger but can't seem to bring myself to do it with the huge backlog of games. I think I'll just wait. :)

#79 dino88   Fa Fa Fo Hi CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

Can someone refresh my memory? Does AC: Brotherhood require a one time use code for online multiplayer?

Nope, no code required. There's not even an instruction manual. It's more like a 2-3 page insert, so don't worry if that isn't included.

#80 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8020 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

According to many CAGs, GameStop is the worst B&M retailer of the year! Seriously?

Where were the CAG awards posted anyways? I always miss them.

#81 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

I completely agree with this. Bought 4 Splinter Cells not too long ago, Double Agent and the original 3. Only Double Agent came with original box and instructions. The other 3, generic custom cases and no instructions.

Why would you do that with the SC HD Trilogy coming out in a few months?

#82 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6544 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Lol, I love how I JUST got my gov't refund in the mail and there's a sale like this, perfect timing.

#83 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

Nope, no code required. There's not even an instruction manual. It's more like a 2-3 page insert, so don't worry if that isn't included.

Awesome! Thanks for the response.

#84 LottaGames   Banned Banned   285 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

LottaGames

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Unless it's not easy to swap them out or they don't have them...

This, plus you don't know if the employee will cooperate. I haven't had much trouble in the past which is good, but ya never know.

The biggest thing keeping me away is what do they have that I need? The flood of sales elsewhere has kept my backlog well stocked with new games at good prices, making the used market less useful to me. There's a thought, is the sale good on controllers? I need a new DS3 and could use a nav controller if I ever get the sharpshooter.

#85 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19931 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Their website is damn slow... I actually wanted to order a few things this time too but it'll take forever to even find anything at this rate.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#86 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

glad i got my order in already...their servers are being raped right now

#87 sylaxRKO   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

sylaxRKO

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

Red Dead Redemption
New Vegas
Black Ops

for 49.12 gonna trade in my current Black Ops for $40 credit in-store.

#88 egonpax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

Dang it's not even loading for me now. That really helped me officially decide on not to get anything.

#89 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   5417 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

glad i got my order in already...their servers are being raped right now

I assume someone must have posted this sale on slickdeals or something

ebgames.com always works when gamestop.com is getting slammed

Check out Inverted Access for gaming news and reviews.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#90 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Slickdealers always rape good deals.