Arcana Heart 3 (PS3) PAL Disc $33 Shipped

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakaHina']I assume there's no trophy support though, right? Not that it matters for an awesome game like this.[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't all ps3 games have trophy support now??

Question is, will we be able to play with those who buy the PSN version?

Otherwise, a good alternative to those who would rather have a physical format of the game.

[quote name='HakaHina']I assume there's no trophy support though, right? Not that it matters for an awesome game like this.[/QUOTE]

Of course there will be trophy support.

The Hut is the same company as Zavvi. They are reliable, although their customer service blows (for some reason the last time I ordered I had to call them to confirm my billing address and it took days before someone finally answered the phone during their posted business hours) and anything that's not in a hard case is at risk of being damaged. You should be fine on this although the other UK retailers will likely be listing this for the same price relatively soon.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Whoa, there's no US PS3 disc version? Dumbass SCEA or dumbass publishers.[/QUOTE]

Aksys Games said they are only releasing it on PS3 via PSN. Also some reps on their forums say they aren't releasing it on the 360 in the states. Maybe the 360 UK version will be region free? Doubt it, but it's possible.

I would have purchased this day one, if it were a disk release. I won't be buying it at all digital. I hate digital releases for anything other than ports for older titles, or smaller arcade games. This is a game I'd take to my friends who also loves fighters and just play it along with all the other fighters we have.

Having it bound to my ps3 is terrible. I might consider importing it, but will I be able to play it online?

[quote name='AugustAPC']I would have purchased this day one, if it were a disk release. I won't be buying it at all digital. I hate digital releases for anything other than ports for older titles, or smaller arcade games. This is a game I'd take to my friends who also loves fighters and just play it along with all the other fighters we have.

Having it bound to my ps3 is terrible. I might consider importing it, but will I be able to play it online?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I want to be able to take this to a buddies house to play, not just play it in my room. As far as online play goes, I don't see why not? When you play SFIV or MVC3 you play with people from other countries.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I was thinking the same thing. I want to be able to take this to a buddies house to play, not just play it in my room. As far as online play goes, I don't see why not? When you play SFIV or MVC3 you play with people from other countries.[/QUOTE]

True, it makes sense that you should be able to play online, but I haven't imported a game since PSX, so I'm not sure how the networks work with them.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Whoa, there's no US PS3 disc version? Dumbass SCEA or dumbass publishers.[/QUOTE]

SCEA because they required all games to have dub. Sony Europe doesnt have such policy.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I would have purchased this day one, if it were a disk release. I won't be buying it at all digital. I hate digital releases for anything other than ports for older titles, or smaller arcade games. This is a game I'd take to my friends who also loves fighters and just play it along with all the other fighters we have.

Having it bound to my ps3 is terrible. I might consider importing it, but will I be able to play it online?[/QUOTE]

Well if you download a digital copy, you could gameshare it with your friend. That you and your friend both have a copy and you can play each other online.

[quote name='62t']Well if you download a digital copy, you could gameshare it with your friend. That you and your friend both have a copy and you can play each other online.[/QUOTE]

Still not biting. Digital content for more than 10 or 15 dollars is just too much. If I'm payin' 30+ dollars for a game, I want a game that I can manage, not something that causes a hassle if my ps3 gets fucked.

Guess it's just personal preference, but for something more than single digits, I need to be able to hold it.

there is also the likely chance that this might not be shareable because it is a full retail game just like warhawk, midnight club, ect... and those aren't shareable

Does anyone know if The Hut or HMV is like amazon where they don't put a hold on your card or charge you until it ships? I bought something from HMV awhile back, but I can't remember.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Shouldn't all ps3 games have trophy support now??[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SDC']Of course there will be trophy support.[/QUOTE]

I think I was kind of vague. I assumed that there would be no trophy support because the UK version of Record of Agarest War (also localized by Aksys) did not have trophy support for the US region PS3s, though it played perfectly on them. I do know that with some imports, they give another trophy set along with the US one, but for Arcana Heart 3, I wasn't sure if it would be this way or if it would follow Agarest.

To answer several questions:

HUT is great, I've ordered many games from them including the disc versions of Siren & the Prince of Persia collections.

"Your card is not charged until order ships. "

Also, as far as trophy support, my UK PoP Collections gives my US account trophies just fine.

:)

[quote name='HakaHina']I think I was kind of vague. I assumed that there would be no trophy support because the UK version of Record of Agarest War (also localized by Aksys) did not have trophy support for the US region PS3s, though it played perfectly on them. I do know that with some imports, they give another trophy set along with the US one, but for Arcana Heart 3, I wasn't sure if it would be this way or if it would follow Agarest.[/QUOTE]

Actually Ghostlight localize the UK version of Record of Agarest War.

So. Can anyone confirm if we'll be able to play online or not? And if so, do you think it'll include people who download the game?

[quote name='AugustAPC']So. Can anyone confirm if we'll be able to play online or not? And if so, do you think it'll include people who download the game?[/QUOTE]

Game isnt out anywhere, so there no official answer. Bu no other game has had "region blocking" of online multiplayer unless there is no server in your country (aka, if the game is never released here), And other "DL versus disc" titles have also worked fine.

[quote name='62t']Actually Ghostlight localize the UK version of Record of Agarest War.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're right. It's US version that Aksys localized. Disregard my rant about trophies then, I'll just buy the game and see for myself.

[quote name='phantasyx']You might want to watch a video before you bite on this one. Its a little to much lolita for some peoples tastes.[/QUOTE]

I'm worried there might not be enough actually. . .

While I like having the disc. I find it very hard to sell imported games, and selling back games is the top reason why I want a physical copy.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']To answer several questions:

HUT is great, I've ordered many games from them including the disc versions of Siren & the Prince of Persia collections.

"Your card is not charged until order ships. "

Also, as far as trophy support, my UK PoP Collections gives my US account trophies just fine.

:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I never ordered from HUT, just HMV. Maybe I'll just preorder from them instead because it is cheaper.

I am intrigued. It would be nice to have a physical copy.

To either of these sites use Paypal?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I am intrigued. It would be nice to have a physical copy.

To either of these sites use Paypal?[/QUOTE]

HUT does take paypal, but I'm not sure how that works with a "pre-order".

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You sure about the free shipping to the US? I'm going to have to change my original post then.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered Tactics Ogre (psp) from them and didn't get charged for shipping. Hopefully the game shows up soon and in good shape so I can give them the thumbs up.

They usually ship in bubble mailers so ur Tactics Ogre box could get banged up. They usually wrap in bubble wrap then use a bubble mailer for overseas shipping.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You sure about the free shipping to the US? I'm going to have to change my original post then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they use to charge something like 3 pounds to ship to the US, but that changed about a month ago. I've ordered Lord of Arcana, 3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre, and a few others from them. They also tend to have some 10% off codes readily available (check the UK Collector's Edition thread here in the game deals forum for up to date ones).

They do ship in bubble mailers, but so far I haven't had anything arrive damaged. As long as it's not a collector's edition in an over-sized, mostly empty cardboard box, you should be fine.

not sure why anyone would want to buy a pathetic ass digital download over a physical copy.

10 years from now, your digital download is worth as much(or way less) as superman n64.

but gamers are stupid and lazy.

thanks OP, i had no idea we werent getting a physical copy of AH3.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']not sure why anyone would want to buy a pathetic ass digital download over a physical copy.

10 years from now, your digital download is worth as much(or way less) as superman n64.

thanks OP, i had no idea we werent getting a physical copy of AH3.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I very rarely purchase anything as a digital download (or anything that requires an online service for continued validation). I tend to look at my game collection as a long-term thing. I go back and play my retro systems a lot. If my entire Sega Saturn collection (for example) was tied to some sort of online "Sega Network" I'd be pissed, since they would all likely have become completely unplayable the minute Sega closed it's hardware division. Sure, it seems unthinkable right now that Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo would lose enough market share to shut down their online services but the fact is that history doesn't support that perspective.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']not sure why anyone would want to buy a pathetic ass digital download over a physical copy.

thanks OP, i had no idea we werent getting a physical copy of AH3.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with gamers being stupid and lazy, it has everything to do with publishers wanting to maximize profit. This is an incredibly niche title and doing even a limited run would likely not be cost effective for the publisher in the US. Simply publishing the game digitally is much cheaper and less risky for the publisher and still allows those who want the game to buy it over here. As a collector I agree that digital versions are not great, but if the choice is between being able to play the game and not, I would at least rather have the option to buy a localized version, even if it is digital only.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Sure, it seems unthinkable right now that Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo would lose enough market share to shut down their online services but the fact is that history doesn't support that perspective.[/QUOTE]

I think of this every time I look at my original Xbox games that have "Live Online Enabled" on the case. Not anymore ...

[quote name='bojay1997']It has nothing to do with gamers being stupid and lazy, it has everything to do with publishers wanting to maximize profit. This is an incredibly niche title and doing even a limited run would likely not be cost effective for the publisher in the US. Simply publishing the game digitally is much cheaper and less risky for the publisher and still allows those who want the game to buy it over here. As a collector I agree that digital versions are not great, but if the choice is between being able to play the game and not, I would at least rather have the option to buy a localized version, even if it is digital only.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. However, given the HUGE benefits of digital distribution to publishers, there should be corresponding concessions to the consumers. i.e. The cost of digitally-distributed titles should cost far, far less than their physical counterparts and that just isn't happening for the most part.

The digital distribution system is almost wholly beneficial to the publisher, at the expense of everyone else in the industry. The publisher removes virtually all of it's direct per-unit costs, including manufacturing, distribution, and retail markup differential. This results not only in higher profits for publishers, but major losses for the manufacturing, retail, and re-sale sectors.

And, of course, the consumer loses any long-term product certainty along with virtually all product ownership rights. Anyone who thinks that's good for the industry as a whole, long-term, should take a look at the dwindling state of the PC gaming industry which has been headed in this direction for quite some time now (with Steam and single-use CD-keys).

Digital distribution is something most publishers want to see happen across the board because it is a HUGE short- and mid-term win for them, but it's a HUGE loss for consumers (and retailers) in the long run.

bread's done
Back