MLB The Show 11 Early Release and 29.99 at Target!

robEstyles

CAG Veteran
I'm sure this is very YMMV but I was in Target yesterday and there was a stack of MLB The Show 11 marked down on clearance 50% off. This was not last years game this was the new version that isn't even supposed to be released until March 8th. Someone screwed up royally. Not sure if it was just 1 person at this particular Target that screwed up or some type of a pricing error that could be going on at all Targets. The Target I got mine at was the Milltown,NJ one. There was about 10 left and they weren't in the aisle they were on an end cap in the back of games with all the other clearanced stuff. They must have thought this was last year's version and marked it down.

UPDATE

Here is the picture for anyone that doubts

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/robestyles/092de8ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, yeah, MLB The Show 10 is supposedly hailed as the best baseball game ever. I wish I could get that one for $30 :lol: let alone the new one! I will scope this out when I go look for clearance drops today..

Definitely extremely YMMV and a screw-up on part of that store and employee. Especially if it was found in the clearance aisle. Probably meant to put The Show 10

Not sure if they're still there I picked it up last night on my way to an Oscar party. I'll post pics tonight when I'm out of work if you guys want proof. Even if people can't get the mistake deal maybe all Targets are putting it out early if people are just looking to pick up the game.

[quote name='akiladae']Definitely extremely YMMV and a screw-up on part of that store and employee. Especially if it was found in the clearance aisle. Probably meant to put The Show 10[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm guessing since almost all sports game use the next year's numbers (for example this years Madden will be Madden 12, NHL 12 etc..) They definitely thought it was last years version.

[quote name='robEstyles']Not sure if they're still there I picked it up last night on my way to an Oscar party. I'll post pics tonight when I'm out of work if you guys want proof. Even if people can't get the mistake deal maybe all Targets are putting it out early if people are just looking to pick up the game.[/QUOTE]

They actually didnt block the game since it is street dated because I find it weird if they didnt and did u have to get an over ride to get the price u said?

This should really be in regional deals, as this price is only going to be honored at that store where they screwed up.

[quote name='boogie4114']They actually didnt block the game since it is street dated because I find it weird if they didnt and did u have to get an over ride to get the price u said?[/QUOTE]

The original barcode is X'd out and the clearance barcode was the one scanned.

I would think that once the box is scanned, the computer would correct it right?

Anyhow great deal. If I was anywhere near there I would definitely grab one.

will check at lunch in the Norcross, Lawrenceville, Georgia area north of Atlanta. If only I can be so lucky... I'll update when I get back.

that target is about 40mins from my job, dont know if its worth taking the trip after work unless im guarenteed to get it being that its in the opposite direction of where i live.

If someone wants to go nuts and buy 10 of them or something I would like to get one and will pay you for your troubles :)

I'm thinking someone stacked them in the wrong place...I've had that happen before at Walmart. They had Rainbow 6 2 with the price tag for the first game on release day....but they had to honor it, so I picked up the $60 for $29.99.

It's really weird that they blocked out the barcode for a clearance item. You should check the dpci and see if it was meant for 2010 instead. I don't see the system letting it pass through early either, unless the dpci is for 2010.

Similar thing happened at a target near me with DC Universe Online for PC. They had it on clearance for $12.50 about a week before the game was released.

[quote name='joeyshadows']It's really weird that they blocked out the barcode for a clearance item. You should check the dpci and see if it was meant for 2010 instead. I don't see the system letting it pass through early either, unless the dpci is for 2010.[/QUOTE]

But they don't scan the DPCI, they scan the barcode. So the cashier would have to scan the barcode, have it say "not available for sale" or whatever it says before street date, then decide to just type in the DPCI number instead. I could see how this would work and what a lucky find for the OP.

[quote name='confoosious']But they don't scan the DPCI, they scan the barcode. So the cashier would have to scan the barcode, have it say "not available for sale" or whatever it says before street date, then decide to just type in the DPCI number instead. I could see how this would work and what a lucky find for the OP.[/QUOTE]

but if the cashier typed in the dcpi number wouldnt it have rung up for $59.99 instead of $29.99 because the OP said they x'd out the barcode and used a clearance barcode which I didnt even know target does for clearance games.

[quote name='boogie4114']but if the cashier typed in the dcpi number wouldnt it have rung up for $59.99 instead of $29.99 because the OP said they x'd out the barcode and used a clearance barcode which I didnt even know target does for clearance games.[/QUOTE]

no, the DPCI is the target number so it'd have come up with the MLB 10 price (The cashier wouldn't know the difference).

The UPC is the one that wouldve caused a 59.99 (and do not sell) to come up.

[quote name='smokedphish']will check at lunch in the Norcross, Lawrenceville, Georgia area north of Atlanta. If only I can be so lucky... I'll update when I get back.[/QUOTE]

If you get it pick up 2 copies please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here in N.Druid Hills.

[quote name='robEstyles']Not sure if they're still there I picked it up last night on my way to an Oscar party. I'll post pics tonight when I'm out of work if you guys want proof. Even if people can't get the mistake deal maybe all Targets are putting it out early if people are just looking to pick up the game.[/QUOTE]

WHOA, hold on, lets start with the real important stuff firstr. How was your Oscar party? Lots of fun? Who was best dressed and the prettiest on the red carpet? Like oh my god.

Sorry, just had to do it. My wife was all into this last night...

[quote name='mke464']I just went bought the last two left!!! Thanks Dude!!!![/QUOTE]

DAMN YOU!!!! I was about to drive from NY over there right now....I guess I'll just stay home and weep :cry:

There's so many exclamation points in this thread. Pretty hilarious error, but even though I love baseball and the MLB the show series, this is the type of game where there's really nothing special about getting it a week early. Congrats to those who got it though.

[quote name='aznhero913']If you get it pick up 2 copies please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here in N.Druid Hills.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see any! But if you want a ton of Gettin Fit with Mel B for $9.98 I know where you can find em!

[quote name='Darknuke']Someone at that Target is getting fired...[/QUOTE]

I've put in an official request to corporate to get that employee transferred to my home store. All sequels for previous clearance pricing and before street date!

/sarcasm

[quote name='wrencrest']WHOA, hold on, lets start with the real important stuff firstr. How was your Oscar party? Lots of fun? Who was best dressed and the prettiest on the red carpet? Like oh my god.

Sorry, just had to do it. My wife was all into this last night...[/QUOTE]

hahahaha yeah yeah I guess I kinda deserved that.

[quote name='Beatofficer']There's so many exclamation points in this thread. Pretty hilarious error, but even though I love baseball and the MLB the show series, this is the type of game where there's really nothing special about getting it a week early. Congrats to those who got it though.[/QUOTE]

! th!nk w!! n!!d more actua!!y!!!!

And I don't think most, if any people here care about getting it early. They care about the potential of getting it for $29.99

[quote name='Darknuke']Someone at that Target is getting fired...[/QUOTE]

Why? The system is just going to think that all of the MLB 10 clearance games sold and by the time 11 comes out out in a week and they realize that they don't have any in stock they will have trouble trying to figure out which employee on the price team tagged the wrong games. They scan in with a PDA but labels are printed off a separate printer that attaches to it and it depends if one person printed a bunch of labels for the drops that day or if they printed as they went. They won't link it back to someone and even if they don't it will just be an error, they won't get fired for.

Especially since SCEA won't realize it was sold before street date (Most likely). Unless all these people that bought it start playing online and all live close to the same area but they still will have trouble linking it to a specific store if it's not in the computer system as sold early.

[quote name='mission42']Why? The system is just going to think that all of the MLB 10 clearance games sold and by the time 11 comes out out in a week and they realize that they don't have any in stock they will have trouble trying to figure out which employee on the price team tagged the wrong games. They scan in with a PDA but labels are printed off a separate printer that attaches to it and it depends if one person printed a bunch of labels for the drops that day or if they printed as they went. They won't link it back to someone and even if they don't it will just be an error, they won't get fired for.

Especially since SCEA won't realize it was sold before street date (Most likely). Unless all these people that bought it start playing online and all live close to the same area but they still will have trouble linking it to a specific store if it's not in the computer system as sold early.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really can't see a team member getting fired for this, unless they were already on their final. It takes a lot to get fired from Target.

I'm sure AP will be freaking out though when their on hand count shows 10, but 0 copies actually exist.

The OP said there were only about 10 there when he spotted it, so you have to figure there weren't a ton to begin with. So this isn't really that big of a deal. This is more than likely an isolated incident too.

[quote name='ssjmichael']! th!nk w!! n!!d more actua!!y!!!!

And I don't think most, if any people here care about getting it early. They care about the potential of getting it for $29.99[/QUOTE]

for me its both and my friend is willing to pay $70 if he can have it in his hands today cuz we are baseball junkies

[quote name='Beatofficer']There's so many exclamation points in this thread. Pretty hilarious error, but even though I love baseball and the MLB the show series, this is the type of game where there's really nothing special about getting it a week early. Congrats to those who got it though.[/QUOTE]

That it was $30 was more of a selling point to me than getting it a week early.

bread's done
Back