- - - - -

MLB The Show 11 Early Release and 29.99 at Target!

#31 ajumbaje   West Coast born East Coast raised CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Ditto w/ mgford

#32 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Not sure if they're still there I picked it up last night on my way to an Oscar party. I'll post pics tonight when I'm out of work if you guys want proof. Even if people can't get the mistake deal maybe all Targets are putting it out early if people are just looking to pick up the game.

WHOA, hold on, lets start with the real important stuff firstr. How was your Oscar party? Lots of fun? Who was best dressed and the prettiest on the red carpet? Like oh my god.

Sorry, just had to do it. My wife was all into this last night...

#33 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

I just went bought the last two left!!! Thanks Dude!!!!

DAMN YOU!!!! I was about to drive from NY over there right now....I guess I'll just stay home and weep :cry:

#34 Beatofficer   Swords don't run out of bullets. CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Beatofficer

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

There's so many exclamation points in this thread. Pretty hilarious error, but even though I love baseball and the MLB the show series, this is the type of game where there's really nothing special about getting it a week early. Congrats to those who got it though.

#35 shady859   Big Blue Nation CAGiversary!   7283 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

Buy them all, Ebay, profit!

#36 Darknuke   Guncraft: Voxel-FPS! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Someone at that Target is getting fired...

#37 smokedphish   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

smokedphish

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

If you get it pick up 2 copies please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here in N.Druid Hills.

Didn't see any! But if you want a ton of Gettin Fit with Mel B for $9.98 I know where you can find em!

#38 Jankee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

I've put in an official request to corporate to get that employee transferred to my home store. All sequels for previous clearance pricing and before street date!

/sarcasm

#39 robEstyles   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

robEstyles

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

WHOA, hold on, lets start with the real important stuff firstr. How was your Oscar party? Lots of fun? Who was best dressed and the prettiest on the red carpet? Like oh my god.

Sorry, just had to do it. My wife was all into this last night...

hahahaha yeah yeah I guess I kinda deserved that.

#40 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

There's so many exclamation points in this thread. Pretty hilarious error, but even though I love baseball and the MLB the show series, this is the type of game where there's really nothing special about getting it a week early. Congrats to those who got it though.

! th!nk w!! n!!d more actua!!y!!!!

And I don't think most, if any people here care about getting it early. They care about the potential of getting it for $29.99

#41 mission42   To start, press any key CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

Why? The system is just going to think that all of the MLB 10 clearance games sold and by the time 11 comes out out in a week and they realize that they don't have any in stock they will have trouble trying to figure out which employee on the price team tagged the wrong games. They scan in with a PDA but labels are printed off a separate printer that attaches to it and it depends if one person printed a bunch of labels for the drops that day or if they printed as they went. They won't link it back to someone and even if they don't it will just be an error, they won't get fired for.

Especially since SCEA won't realize it was sold before street date (Most likely). Unless all these people that bought it start playing online and all live close to the same area but they still will have trouble linking it to a specific store if it's not in the computer system as sold early.

#42 UberSwiss   Cheap Suits? CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

Why? The system is just going to think that all of the MLB 10 clearance games sold and by the time 11 comes out out in a week and they realize that they don't have any in stock they will have trouble trying to figure out which employee on the price team tagged the wrong games. They scan in with a PDA but labels are printed off a separate printer that attaches to it and it depends if one person printed a bunch of labels for the drops that day or if they printed as they went. They won't link it back to someone and even if they don't it will just be an error, they won't get fired for.

Especially since SCEA won't realize it was sold before street date (Most likely). Unless all these people that bought it start playing online and all live close to the same area but they still will have trouble linking it to a specific store if it's not in the computer system as sold early.

Yeah, I really can't see a team member getting fired for this, unless they were already on their final. It takes a lot to get fired from Target.

I'm sure AP will be freaking out though when their on hand count shows 10, but 0 copies actually exist.

#43 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

The OP said there were only about 10 there when he spotted it, so you have to figure there weren't a ton to begin with. So this isn't really that big of a deal. This is more than likely an isolated incident too.

#44 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

! th!nk w!! n!!d more actua!!y!!!!

And I don't think most, if any people here care about getting it early. They care about the potential of getting it for $29.99

for me its both and my friend is willing to pay $70 if he can have it in his hands today cuz we are baseball junkies

#45 thirtytwoutside   HOW CAN SHE SLAP CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

thirtytwoutside

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

That it was $30 was more of a selling point to me than getting it a week early.

#46 jacs   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

Maybe he bought the PS2 version.

#47 Jayare   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

i was going to get this anyway and if i could find it for $30 that would be sick.

#48 narec   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

i'll be checking my local targets after work and crossing my fingers

#49 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10637 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

Dont know if it's already been mentioned, but how did the computer system let you purchase it? I thought when the cashier scans the game, it'll pop up on the screen that it's street dated and wont let you buy it.

#50 afredmiller   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

afredmiller

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thought the release date was March 8.

#51 mgford11  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thought the release date was March 8.

hence the OP thread title...

#52 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

lol

#53 lizard6king6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

lizard6king6

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

I call BS, and either way it may be at just one store this stupid mistake if anything.

#54 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Dont know if it's already been mentioned, but how did the computer system let you purchase it? I thought when the cashier scans the game, it'll pop up on the screen that it's street dated and wont let you buy it.

If only there were some sort of forum feature whereby you could see what all of the previous comments on a topic were. They should totally add that sort of functionality. :roll:

#55 rzenger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

If only there were some sort of forum feature whereby you could see what all of the previous comments on a topic were. They should totally add that sort of functionality. :roll:

:applause:

#56 andy1ua   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   35 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

I'm kind of doubting the legitimacy of this.

First, all clearance items end in either an xx.x8 or xx.x4 at Target depending on the percentage off. Second, the barcode would only be blacked out if someone did a "Not on File" repackage or an "Online Only" markdown. The fact that the team member scanned the barcode by the price leads me to believe:

Someone at the store purposely did an NOF markdown on it so they could bypass the street date hold prompt at POS

or

Someone made up a fake DPCI and price for the item and priced it at 29.99.

Either way, none of those would make sense in this situation because both of those markdowns make the price end in something other than a xx.99 price point.

Something is fishy here.

#57 Halo3Champ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Halo3Champ

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

I'm sure this is very YMMV but I was in Target yesterday and there was a stack of MLB The Show 11 marked down on clearance 50% off. This was not last years game this was the new version that isn't even supposed to be released until March 8th. Someone screwed up royally. Not sure if it was just 1 person at this particular Target that screwed up or some type of a pricing error that could be going on at all Targets. The Target I got mine at was the Milltown,NJ one. There was about 10 left and they weren't in the aisle they were on an end cap in the back of games with all the other clearanced stuff. They must have thought this was last year's version and marked it down.

Can you go buy me a copy and ill pay for shipping?

#58 kingotnw   The Devil! CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kingotnw

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but even I would jump in on this for $29.99.

I would love to see pictures posted because if the computer let you buy the game, it means it is a UPC error. Anyone else see this happen?

#59 wreckemtexastech   Red Raidin' CAGer CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

wreckemtexastech

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

dude... halo3champ... no just no.. now everybody and their brother is going to be asking, and i doubt OP's store has that many in stock to sell him 52 MLB the show 11's...

and I now petition to have this thread removed from CAG say aye!

#60 robEstyles   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

robEstyles

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

For any of the non- believers. Here it is

http://i58.photobuck...es/092de8ec.jpg

I assumed clearance since it was so cheap but actually it says Online Item on it so I'm not sure what that means. Maybe a errored returned shipment from Target.com thinking it was last years game.