- - - - -

MLB The Show 11 Early Release and 29.99 at Target!

#211 Sanjuro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

What is the price for MLB 2k11, I'm not really interested in getting it I'm just wondering the price?

I'm back home now. I didn't actually check the price. Seeing that game on the shelve was like a giant slap in the face and I left.

The Show or bust. Have never been actually in Marlborough, beautiful town.

#212 Charlie Traplin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Charlie Traplin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

Smithfield, RI is a negative.
I have yet to check the Warwick store.

Oh well, looks like I'm going to wait until Tuesday.

#213 Flakes   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:16 AM

I'm back home now. I didn't actually check the price. Seeing that game on the shelve was like a giant slap in the face and I left.

The Show or bust. Have never been actually in Marlborough, beautiful town.

Which targets in malborough did you go to? I went to the new one and they were open today even though when I called earlier in the day and they told me it would open tomorrow. I looked around and didn't see MLB 11 the show so I asked and they someone else tried to buy it today and they wouldn't sell it.

#214 warpedsoul   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:32 AM

In Bristol VA they had the PSP version out, but not the PS3.

I would still appreciate it if someone could hook me up :D. A full reimbursement would be promptly sent.

#215 airwalke   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

airwalke

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:36 AM

Sorry sent this from my dying phone. It's Stonecrest in Georgia. Target must have thought this was a PS Move only game so it was on clearance like the others

NO... the system marks the stuff on clearance down for us. If you scan it with one of our PDAs, the system acknowledges that it's not on the sales floor but that it has a future location (i.e. on March 8th) yet to be set.

My guess is that this happened: Some stores got a slightly early shipment of MLB 11 before it is given a future sales floor location. When scanned onto the PDA, the screen basically says "No Sales Floor Locations" and "Only Sold on Target.com". Bobby Joe thinks "uh oh, online item! Better discount it so it doesn't stagnate in the backroom!"

Item is stickered, put onto the clearance end-cap, few days later the planogram that has MLB 11 on it is finally in the system. Targets that receive the game after this occurs carry on as normal, backstocking the game until its release date.

#216 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

nothing at North Bergen, NJ or Edgewater, NJ

#217 Prophecy8421   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Prophecy8421

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

Damn, wish I was lucky enough to get this.

your not the only one

#218 davidb69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

davidb69

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:56 AM

I was in the stores on wedsnesday and they didn't have any and Playstation was making comments on friday. It was mainly to quietly bash the idoits at Target.

#219 dboy81   Fiat Lux CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

I was in the stores on wedsnesday and they didn't have any and Playstation was making comments on friday. It was mainly to quietly bash the idoits at Target.

"Idoits?"

#220 Sanjuro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Which targets in malborough did you go to? I went to the new one and they were open today even though when I called earlier in the day and they told me it would open tomorrow. I looked around and didn't see MLB 11 the show so I asked and they someone else tried to buy it today and they wouldn't sell it.

Pretty sure it was the new one. It was up on a hill.

#221 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

NO... the system marks the stuff on clearance down for us. If you scan it with one of our PDAs, the system acknowledges that it's not on the sales floor but that it has a future location (i.e. on March 8th) yet to be set.

My guess is that this happened: Some stores got a slightly early shipment of MLB 11 before it is given a future sales floor location. When scanned onto the PDA, the screen basically says "No Sales Floor Locations" and "Only Sold on Target.com". Bobby Joe thinks "uh oh, online item! Better discount it so it doesn't stagnate in the backroom!"

Item is stickered, put onto the clearance end-cap, few days later the planogram that has MLB 11 on it is finally in the system. Targets that receive the game after this occurs carry on as normal, backstocking the game until its release date.

What probably happened is employees got confused with the cover art because MLB 10 and MLB 11 uses the same cover athlete. That's the reason why most if not all sports titles uses a new cover athlete every year with a rare exception.

Compare MLB 10 The Show with MLB 11 The Show and anyone who's not into videogames can make an honest mistake. :)

#222 Flakes   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

Pretty sure it was the new one. It was up on a hill.

I guess some people got lucky, but it seems now that no one is finding MLB 11 The Show at Targets

#223 Flakes   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Is anyone willing to pick up a extra copy of MLB 11 The Show for PS3 and I will reimburse you through payapl.