* * * * * 4 votes

Windows Phone & Windows 8 Deal Thread

wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

#4381 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   3877 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

Anyone install the Windows 10 preview on their Phone?  It finally rolled out to the Lumia 928 I have and was considering it.  Does it wipe everything causing you to have tor reinstall all your games or not?

DRUNKZ+27.jpg

Used to chase gamerscore, now playing too much Destiny

#4382 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

Everything you need to know about alliance wars in Royal Revolt 2

Royal-Revolt-2-Alliance-Wars-screens-05.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games 4+ nights a week at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Tylerh1701 streams on my channel!
  • Wednesdays: PlayStation Vita games, sometimes with prizes!
  • Thursdays: Xbox One games
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#4383 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

Overkill 3 is now available for the low price of free

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 11/02/14 *Most Recent: World of Keflings - W8*)   
This Week on YouTube: Killer Instinct Broken Character Glitches!
This Week on Twitch:  Project Spark
Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#4384 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2530 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago   Has been playing World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

New $5 Win8 & WP game: Hitman Go

Still can't believe it.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4385 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

Threes! the popular number puzzle game is finally available on Windows Phone. It's a late arrival compared to iOS and Android but those platforms had to pay $1.99 for it. Windows Phone gets it for free.

https://www.windowsp...07-79794d9e7af4

#4386 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

New $5 Win8 & WP game: Hitman Go

Still can't believe it.

At least it is cross-buy

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 11/02/14 *Most Recent: World of Keflings - W8*)   

#4387 Wahad  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hitman GO finally... I've been waiting for that for such a long time, even decided to postpone purchase of Win device because lack of that game on Store.

#4388 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   3877 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Threes! the popular number puzzle game is finally available on Windows Phone. It's a late arrival compared to iOS and Android but those platforms had to pay $1.99 for it. Windows Phone gets it for free.

https://www.windowsp...07-79794d9e7af4

No achievements?  Really?

DRUNKZ+27.jpg

#4389 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Lots of big games aren't Xbox enabled. Only a few games get Xbox features due to the cert process, yadda yadda.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games 4+ nights a week at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

#4390 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7176 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

I'm just glad we're getting it at all to be honest, especially for free.

OuN33jx.png

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#4391 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   3877 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

Lots of big games aren't Xbox enabled. Only a few games get Xbox features due to the cert process, yadda yadda.

Yea I know all the excuses that are used to not include achievements.  Although the XB1 version of Threes has them so seems odd to me not to do the same on the phone. 

They seem to have de-emphasized achievements on Win 10 and phone games.  Then again, more often than not Games with achievements on Win 8 and WP7/8/8.1 were glitchy, poorly implemented or abandoned and delisted quickly so maybe it is for the best for them to go this route. 

Either way I'm not sure they have a any type of unified strategy with achievements going forward.

DRUNKZ+27.jpg

#4392 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

No achievements? Really?

That could change. There have been games that were updated with Xbox Live. If enough people play it the devs could see there's a demand there.

#4393 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

That could change. There have been games that were updated with Xbox Live. If enough people play it the devs could see there's a demand there.

It's more like if Microsoft sees the demand and approaches the dev. Just having made a game on Xbox One doesn't get devs a free pass to Xbox WP because it's set up so poorly. And all Xbox One games have Achievements, so they don't have the same hurdle (other than getting accepted into ID@Xbox, which is way easier).

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central

#4394 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Some interesting stuff announced today. My favorite being that Android and IOS devs can port apps without needing to change any code.

#4395 Zashule   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

Anyone install the Windows 10 preview on their Phone?  It finally rolled out to the Lumia 928 I have and was considering it.  Does it wipe everything causing you to have tor reinstall all your games or not?

Probably a little late, but as someone who grabbed the win 10 preview I would say dodge it. It is missing a ton of features. Didn't erase any data, but among many things it does not do the following:

No way to set a time frame for Quiet Hours.

During Quiet Hours, alarms do not make sound or rumble.

Unable to set custom notification tones.

Mail has been replaced with Outlook which is vastly inferior.

Haven't been able to launch Insider Hub.

And the usual beta stuff

Phone freezes a lot.

Some apps occasionally won't work until you restart.

Have had touch screen / buttons not respond

If it is not your main phone, it is worth a shot, but for me, I was dumb enough to let it cripple me since I enjoyed the 8.1 preview so much. Lumia 1020 BTW.

#4396 chefgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

so are about all windows phones good for is games

#4397 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

so are about all windows phones good for is games

No.  They are excellent phones in general.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#4398 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   3877 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Probably a little late, but as someone who grabbed the win 10 preview I would say dodge it. It is missing a ton of features. Didn't erase any data, but among many things it does not do the following:

No way to set a time frame for Quiet Hours.

During Quiet Hours, alarms do not make sound or rumble.

Unable to set custom notification tones.

Mail has been replaced with Outlook which is vastly inferior.

Haven't been able to launch Insider Hub.

And the usual beta stuff

Phone freezes a lot.

Some apps occasionally won't work until you restart.

Have had touch screen / buttons not respond

If it is not your main phone, it is worth a shot, but for me, I was dumb enough to let it cripple me since I enjoyed the 8.1 preview so much. Lumia 1020 BTW.

Yea I went ahead and installed it anyways fully expecting to run into some issues.  I installed the Win 10 preview on an old laptop I had lying around and figured I'd try the phone version out as well.  Neither are my primary phone or laptop so I can deal with the issues.  I just didn't want it to wipe everything on the phone and it doesn't.  Both seem to be decent upgrades for now. 

DRUNKZ+27.jpg

#4399 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35236 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

As much as I like my Windows Phone, I'm getting tired of apps I want to use not being available on it.

Hopefully that changes with what MS is doing with android apps, otherwise I'll probably ditch it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

#4400 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

Quick warning about new games that came out in the past week. Many of them are a scam. Here is how to spot one of these apps. If you recognize a few of these in a game store listing, stay away.

- Over 200 reviews in the New + Rising section (starting to trickle into Top Free)
- Almost no negative reviews
- Reviews have nothing to do with the game. For example a tower defense game with a review that talks about how similar it is to 2048 or an interactive novel.
- Check other games with high reviews in New + Rising. Look for duplicates. Several of the games have the 2048 review and Zombie High (interactive novel) with the exact wording.
- Reviews like djehsvwub7$(2()2)
-Reviews that talk about how terrible the game is, but still give it 5 stars. Example "Game crashes instantly." With 5 stars
- Requires access to almost everything on your phone
-Publisher has only 1 published game
- Title screenshots have a different name than listed in the marketplace
- The game looks exactly the same as another game you've played (stolen)

I first noticed this with Demon Defense. They stole Castle Mine and used a ton of fake reviews. I contacted Mugshot Games to let them know. They replied the next day saying that they intend to tale action. I'll be checking daily to see if it gets removed.

The other games loaded with fake reviews might be stolen versions of games that I haven't played yet. Microsoft needs to step up and stop this before it starts spreading like the emulator games.