Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kidrocklive']there is a thread for CE stuff. I was hoping they announced what was in it but nope.[/QUOTE]

One thread for every CE is stupid.

Anyway, Gears LE's seem to be rarer than most, so I wouldn't bet too hard on getting this cheap later on.

[quote name='Xiemos']I'll be ready for the epic price drop.[/QUOTE]

Like Amazon.com did with the Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $59.99 before they released it. Lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']there is a thread for CE stuff. I was hoping they announced what was in it but nope.[/QUOTE]

This is a "Longshot" but I am going to say a plushy like Little Big Planet's Sackboy but instead Trashball Cole. Of course I am joking but you never know. Lol.

5516639042_5c787420a1_o.jpg

Does anybody have a link to the CE Thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Like Amazon.com did with the Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $59.99 before they released it. Lol.

This is a "Longshot" but I am going to say a plushy like Little Big Planet's Sackboy but instead Trashball Cole. Of course I am joking but you never know. Lol.

5516639042_5c787420a1_o.jpg

Does anybody have a link to the CE Thread. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that would suck so bad it would be funny. They could call it the Epic Fail edition:lol:

I guess deals new definition should be "Either under priced, priced at normal or over priced which is up to solely the descretion of the person claming deal" since the "deals" thread is mostly just msrp shit anymore or someone posting a pre order msrp price and thinking its a deal. We have multiple forums for this shit for a reason.

Unless its something amazing, I am probably just going to get the Limited edition, I have an unopened Gears 1 and Gears 2 LE

wth you at least need to post what's included. This is in no way shape or form a deal. Shit like a week or two ago I think you could at least use PRE10 and get a few bucks off this but thats not even valid now.

[quote name='gargus']I guess deals new definition should be "Either under priced, priced at normal or over priced which is up to solely the descretion of the person claming deal" since the "deals" thread is mostly just msrp shit anymore or someone posting a pre order msrp price and thinking its a deal. We have multiple forums for this shit for a reason.[/QUOTE]

+1

get this mess out of here. we need MODERATION of these forums from all the BS thats posted.

[quote name='shrike4242']These have been on Amazon for more than a week, if not two weeks.

No details of what they come with at this time.[/QUOTE]

Can you post the link for Amazon. I can only find the Standard Edition. If a person preorders the Epic Edition from Amazon I wonder if they will they get the advertised $20 Credit. Thanks.

I will post more information later on.

[quote name='ShockandAww']wth you at least need to post what's included. This is in no way shape or form a deal. Shit like a week or two ago I think you could at least use PRE10 and get a few bucks off this but thats not even valid now.[/QUOTE]
The epic edition details were released on the same day the creators first showed game play.
You get a poster, cog tags, special feautures disc, and a model of marcus fenix

[quote name='zerosigmavirus']The epic edition details were released on the same day the creators first showed game play.
You get a poster, cog tags, special feautures disc, and a model of marcus fenix[/QUOTE]

Could you post a link for use because I saw something similar but it was a PAX giveaway instead. Thanks.

[quote name='zerosigmavirus']The epic edition details were released on the same day the creators first showed game play.
You get a poster, cog tags, special feautures disc, and a model of marcus fenix[/QUOTE]
Yeah I cant find anything on that is there a link anywhere you can find?

[quote name='gargus']I guess deals new definition should be "Either under priced, priced at normal or over priced which is up to solely the descretion of the person claming deal" since the "deals" thread is mostly just msrp shit anymore or someone posting a pre order msrp price and thinking its a deal. We have multiple forums for this shit for a reason.[/QUOTE]

an MSRP thread wouldn't be an MSRP thread without gargus bitching about it. :applause:

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Can you post the link for Amazon. I can only find the Standard Edition. If a person preorders the Epic Edition from Amazon I wonder if they will they get the advertised $20 Credit. Thanks.

I will post more information later on.[/QUOTE]Last time I checked on it, which was a few days ago, there were links to the three versions. When I checked now, they're just showing the "normal" version.

I'm sure if Gamestop has posted the links for the three versions, Amazon won't be far behind with (re-)posting their links (again).

[quote name='zerosigmavirus']theres more stuff that wasn't leaked/hinted to, Also the Epic edition will be "limited"[/QUOTE]

thats what all the devs say. honestly the limited now a days means a million copies

[quote name='zerosigmavirus']theres more stuff that wasn't leaked/hinted to, Also the Epic edition will be "limited"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying to help me with this thread. If you could would you pin point the actual video and time where they talk about the Limited/Epic Editions. I would appreciate it. If you have anymore information let me know and I will update the first post and give you credit. Thanks.

[quote name='shrike4242']Last time I checked on it, which was a few days ago, there were links to the three versions. When I checked now, they're just showing the "normal" version.

I'm sure if Gamestop has posted the links for the three versions, Amazon won't be far behind with (re-)posting their links (again).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will keep an eye out.

$150? Are they serious?

Sometimes I think Epic believes they are a bigger gorilla than they actually are. Apparently they forgot how many customers they pissed off after the "epic" fail with the online in GoW2.

How exactly is this a deal? Overpriced. I rather wait the 2-3 months and watch this be on Amazon for 60$. I'm happy I'm getting the game for free plus 20 dollars credit.

Quoted for truth.

I don't even care that much about the price not being a deal, but making a placeholder thread when there's no concrete information about what's in the $150 version seems...pointless. Might as well start one for Batman: Arkham City as well.

And yeah, pretty much every fancy edition is over-produced now. When's the last one that was hard to find a couple weeks after release?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't even care that much about the price not being a deal, but making a placeholder thread when there's no concrete information about what's in the $150 version seems...pointless. Might as well start one for Batman: Arkham City as well.

And yeah, pretty much every fancy edition is over-produced now. When's the last one that was hard to find a couple weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 and Blackops Steelbook edition to name some. And if I'm not wrong, Gears 2 collectors edition is quite rare too.

Saying the Deals forum is 'mostly' this is more than a slight exaggeration. While I agree that posting a $150 MSRP on a game may not be a deal, the deal forum still 'mostly' has actual deals. Looking at the first ten threads on the front page, all of them are actual deals except this one.

I'm a sucker for CE when they are for franchises I've enjoyed in the past. Call it being consumer wh*re or simply a sucker... but I recently pre-ordered this and the MK-TE.

As a CAG, i'm ashamed :(

[quote name='rsra13']What was the last REAL limited edition of a game?[/QUOTE]

Dead Space LE, ToV LE are two off the top of my head.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Mass Effect 2 and Blackops Steelbook edition to name some. And if I'm not wrong, Gears 2 collectors edition is quite rare too.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon version of the GoW 2 LE was pretty decent. It included the Gears of War Lancer Replica that's out of production.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Both Mass Effects.[/QUOTE]Bioshock 1 CE, the one with the Big Daddy statue, is another one.

You can also start lumping in the Dead Space CE that was only order-able directly through EA and was a run of 1000 each.

Gears 1 CE and Gears 2 LE are semi-limited, though you can sometimes find them on Amazon on the cheaper.

I miss the days when you spent $10 extra, got a metal case, artbook, DVD, etc. I can't justify paying $150 for a game that comes with a statue I'm going to look at when I could spend $50 more and get a system itself.

But those of you that love this stuff, go for broke.

I'm hoping that Epic will follow the path of COD: BO and COD: MW2, where the only difference between the $79.99 and $149.99 edition was the "toy" (RC car or night vision goggles), where the game content (steelbook, bonus maps, avatar items, etc.) was the same between the two versions.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm hoping that Epic will follow the path of COD: BO and COD: MW2, where the only difference between the $79.99 and $149.99 edition was the "toy" (RC car or night vision goggles), where the game content (steelbook, bonus maps, avatar items, etc.) was the same between the two versions.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool. I have noticed that alot of videos and interviews have a reference to Trashball Cole and they show a picture of this. Could this be a hint. Maybe like the Noble Team Statue but instead a Trashball Cole Statue. What do you think. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Gears3Thrashball%2BCole%2BMP%2BVariant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H3m1 R4m']That would be cool. I have noticed that alot of videos and interviews have a reference to Trashball Cole and they show a picture of this. Could this be a hint. Maybe like the Noble Team Statue but instead a Trashball Cole Statue. What do you think. Good Idea or Bad Idea [/QUOTE]

Horrible idea but that's not gonna happen. THrashball Cole is an exclusive unlockable costume for Cole, acquirable during the beta. That's why you're seeing it mentioned everywhere. Also I believe your description in the OP isn't accurate but rather misleading. No details have been announced about the EE. And if what you have posted turns out to be true, might as well close this thread now because this EE would be garbage and not nearly worth 150 USDs.

[quote name='panda911']Horrible idea but that's not gonna happen. THrashball Cole is an exclusive unlockable costume for Cole, acquirable during the beta. That's why you're seeing it mentioned everywhere. Also I believe your description in the OP isn't accurate but rather misleading. No details have been announced about the EE. And if what you have posted turns out to be true, might as well close this thread now because this EE would be garbage and not nearly worth 150 USDs.[/QUOTE]

Consider it fixed. I was going to fix it earlier but got side tracked.

Damn I would like to preorder this but don't know what is going on with work. I go from working 6 12 hour days to seeing over half the next shift being another company. Really want to pre order just to get into the beta but damn it sucks not knowing what is going on with your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back