Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that annoys me the most in these $150 LEs is that the figure they include is usually a cheap $20 figure. If they upped the quality, then I could understand charging $70 more for a figure, but so far, I don't understand their reasoning for most CEs. The Team Noble figure is at most $30-$35. It's cool, but not that high quality. The Assassin's Creed 2 figure was the same as the $15 Target figures almost. The night vision goggles were a $40 pair of Night Vision goggles with CoD written on them. The RC Car was a $30-$40 RC car with CoD written on the side. I would love to have these figures, but I'm not paying anywhere near $70 for them. I know they make these CEs to make money, but god damn they are getting greedy as hell.

Edit - Just realized the AC2 CE was only $80. That one CE gets a pass. It wasn't too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
150 dollars is a lot of money and i think they're really exploiting people with the price tags.
Like Darkrider said, the "SUPER CE" stuff is just like cheaply made figures or helmets/boxes.

For 150 bucks, you can get Gears of War 3, and another brand new release, and pick up something that came out a month ago.

This should be renamed "The Stuff You'll Forget About After A Couple Of Months Until You Have To Dust It Edition". Or how about "The Stuff That Shows How Much Of A Geek You Are Edition". :lol:

Like I've said before. I would be happy with a "CAG Edition" Where it's the game disc in a jewel case. It doesn't even need a cover. Just direct me to a web site where I can download and print it. Sell it for $35 to $45 and all is good. ;)

I mean the name of this site is Cheap Ass Gamers, right?

[quote name='eau']For those who bought Bulletstorm, when does the beta begin?[/QUOTE]

April 18th. 1 week before the Gamestop Preorder Beta.

You get an unlockable during that week.

(That article was horribly written: 12' is 12-feet. 12" is 12-inches. Dead Rising 2's collector's edition never came with a zombie statue.)

Assuming the unclear article is trying to say that it's a Marcus Fenix 12-inch statue, I'm not THAT excited about the Epic Edition I have pre-ordered. And I don't understand what's going on with that Cole statue that I keep seeing random pics of. Maybe that comes with it too?

Hopefully I can find a way to downgrade my online pre-order through GameStop if the Epic Edition is less than epic.

[quote name='imacgod'](That article was horribly written: 12' is 12-feet. 12" is 12-inches. Dead Rising 2's collector's edition never came with a zombie statue.)
[/QUOTE]
one of the uk editions did - i don't recall from where...maybe a hmv exclusive (it was more of a figurine, not statue)

[quote name='imacgod'](That article was horribly written: 12' is 12-feet. 12" is 12-inches. Dead Rising 2's collector's edition never came with a zombie statue.)

Assuming the unclear article is trying to say that it's a Marcus Fenix 12-inch statue, I'm not THAT excited about the Epic Edition I have pre-ordered. And I don't understand what's going on with that Cole statue that I keep seeing random pics of. Maybe that comes with it too?

Hopefully I can find a way to downgrade my online pre-order through GameStop if the Epic Edition is less than epic.[/QUOTE]

I would cancel it and preorder it again or call them. It is a bad article but I posted it anyway. I am thinking the Cole Train statue will be included because of all the hype he got during the beta. I do like the idea of the Marcus Fenix statue though. I just hope whatever Epic decides to include I hope they will give it the same detail and overall quality as the Halo Reach statue.

Hopefully I can find a way to downgrade my online pre-order through GameStop if the Epic Edition is less than epic.[/QUOTE]

You can try canceling and doing another preorder or just call them at
1-800-883-8895. I had the number saved from a previous call and never did delete it. Good luck.

[quote name='solidusdeus']Anything other than Vanilla on this is garbage.[/QUOTE]

I got Vanilla Ice Cream. Will that work. Lol.

[quote name='proKoyeon']one of the uk editions did - i don't recall from where...maybe a hmv exclusive (it was more of a figurine, not statue)[/QUOTE]

If you can find the link that would be great.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Thrashball Cole figurine? If so, sold. That looks absolutely awesome. Can't wait for this game to drop![/QUOTE]

I would rather see the Marcus Fenix statue but I guess Cole would be ok. Alot of people like Marcus and alot of people like Cole. I would like to see this but that would be to much to ask for and would cost around $250 or more. Lol. See spoiler.
GoW3GC.jpg

Here a better picture of the Cole Statue.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...f-war-3-20110224102707850.html?page=mediaFull

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i remember amazon had a gears2 CE that had a life size lancer and it was only about $135? Anyone remember that?[/QUOTE]

^^this...i feel that they should do the same as the Amazon edition and re-release with the Lancer or the Retro Lancer or my personal favorite the Boomshot :D

If they were smart, they would just include a bad ass Gears of War 360 controller with the epic edition. Like a blood red color with the COG symbol where the Xbox button is or something like that. Now that would be epic and worth the price.

meh that statue doesn't look that nice to me at all. more on the crappy side. most statues as of late have been epic fails by developers. pass

I really don't like the way the Cole thrashball statue looks. I didn't even like Thrashball Cole in the beta. I would like a Carmine statue instead...

[quote name='proKoyeon']here is an unboxing
[video]
called the Outbreak Edition - European/Australian exclusive[/QUOTE]
Finally, an unboxing video without a sweaty, overweight, and/or obnoxious guy.

It seems strange that the statue would be of Thrashball Cole, when Gears of War is about soldiers and action. I would have expected Marcus and Dom, weapons raised, side by side. Something that presents action and confrontation. Thrashball just seems so indistinct towards representation of the game.

Seriously, if you had that statue out, people wouldn't get the reference. You'd have to explain Gears of War, then explain that it's a shooter game, and then that Cole's a character in it, and that he once played a sport called Thrashball. If it were a statue like the one Halo: Reach had, all you needed to say is that, "these are the characters from Halo: Reach."

[quote name='iSuperfly']If they were smart, they would just include a bad ass Gears of War 360 controller with the epic edition. Like a blood red color with the COG symbol where the Xbox button is or something like that. Now that would be epic and worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I hate this increased trend of including statues/figurines in CEs. They're tacky and more importantly, it's just more dust-collecting clutter. I'd so much rather have a full-size art book (not these half-size ones) or something practical like an exclusive controller. I passed on the Limited Edition of Infamous 2 just because it comes with a Cole statue. Same thing for the collector's edition of AC2 - a jester statue? You have got to be out of your mind if you think I'm going to display this.

Anything that fleshes out the game universe is pretty nifty though, e.g., that Halsey notebook from Reach was well done.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Finally, an unboxing video without a sweaty, overweight, and/or obnoxious guy.

It seems strange that the statue would be of Thrashball Cole, when Gears of War is about soldiers and action. I would have expected Marcus and Dom, weapons raised, side by side. Something that presents action and confrontation. Thrashball just seems so indistinct towards representation of the game.

Seriously, if you had that statue out, people wouldn't get the reference. You'd have to explain Gears of War, then explain that it's a shooter game, and then that Cole's a character in it, and that he once played a sport called Thrashball. If it were a statue like the one Halo: Reach had, all you needed to say is that, "these are the characters from Halo: Reach."[/QUOTE]

Agreed, if that is the one in the epic edition it is the dumbest thing they could have done. Perhaps they are making a "collection" of figures to be sold separately but not the one in the epic edition (hopefully).

I hope they have a nice collection of figures from the game at some point. The Halo ones are so cool... I'd like to get a set of Gears ones. I freaking love this series of games...

If only that cole train statue/figure had a button and when you pressed it he screamed ITS THE COLE TRAIN BABY WOOOOO i would totally buy it.

but i just don't have room for toys

Since this Gears of War published by Microsoft game studios and not Gears of War published by Atlus it's safe to say this will probably end up like the Reach Legendary edition.

[quote name='iSuperfly']If they were smart, they would just include a bad ass Gears of War 360 controller with the epic edition. Like a blood red color with the COG symbol where the Xbox button is or something like that. Now that would be epic and worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Id prefer a controller over a statue/figure of either marcus or cole. If thats the only difference between LE and EE, im downgrading my pre order because id rather have 70 dollars than a dust magnet. Hopefully the announcement is soon, like before LA noire comes out!

Would love a controller, and I'd probably pay MSRP (or close to it) through Amazon for some great Gears swag. Can't wait for the goodies announcement.

Yeah, I can't wait either. I'm guessing they'll announce it right around the time the beta ends to give their players something to look forward to. Hopefully it's high quality.

I pre-ordered the Epic Edition with hopes that we would get another replica weapon. Anything less and i'm downgrading for sure.

I have the standard edition pre-ordered from Amazon to take advantage of the $20 credit, but do have my eye on the other editions. I too, would be disappointed if the epic edition includes a custom figure. I like the controller idea!

You would think game publishers would learn their lesson and realize these stupid statues are useless and they don't sell. They just end up being marked down because the boxes are obnoxiously large and take up valuable retail space. God forbid they actually include something practical that will see usage.

[quote name='postulio']+1

get this mess out of here. we need MODERATION of these forums from all the BS thats posted.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

The "deals" forum is a joke because of all of these MSRP "deals." If I want to see what is in a CE I would check Amazon, Gamestop, etc. I come here to get deals, not news. Please get it together, mods.

This is a heads up for people who would like to preorder Gears of War 3. So far I have been updating this thread as information is released. I have also contacted Amazon and Best Buy about preorder deals. Hopefully people who see this can also contact Amazon and Best Buy about a preorder deal. I would really like to see Amazon do another screw up like they did with Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $60 with a $20 gift card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back