Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone knows HOW the skin codes come? I was thinking Amazon for Savage Kantus, but SGE looks pretty nice as well. How have people gotten codes in the past? Is Amazon's in the case? Or Email? How do the Walmart ones come? I knokw Walmart's return policy is the easiest of them all to return w/o receipt so I'd love to get both of those skins.

[quote name='Flesseck']I asked a rep today, and they simply just pointed me to the standard edition. I wonder if I could somehow change their minds and get them to add the promotional credit to the Limited Edition.

Is it possible?[/QUOTE]

Yes maybe if enough people would come together just like they did with LA Noire to get the extra $5 Promo Credit they will do something to get us off their backs. Keep it up contact them again.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']H3M1 R4m, thanks for doing an amazing job at keeping the OP updated, very refreshing to see.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Your welcome. With that being said. I think it is time for today's update. Click the links.
http://www.gameguru.in/action/2011/19/more-than-one-million-copies-of-gears-of-war-3-pre-ordered/
http://thegamershub.net/2011/05/gears-of-war-3-beta-stats/

New update to the OP. I am currently adding pictures of the Multiplayer Skins being offered by retailers.
EDIT - Does anybody have a decent picture of Mechanic Baird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few more pictures of the glowing in the dark parts of the statue.

23071321083851561369811.jpg

22523321083833894704911.jpg

22657021083835228038111.jpg

Here is a pic of baird.

sub_mechanic0515.jpg

So the statue is glow-in-the-dark and not lit up LED's? Wouldn't mind battery-powered LED's personally. Kind of a shame NECA isn't making the statue when they make the GoW figures, and they've put LED's in Dead Space Isaac's figures which came out pretty nice.

[quote name='imacgod']So the statue is glow-in-the-dark and not lit up LED's? Wouldn't mind battery-powered LED's personally. Kind of a shame NECA isn't making the statue when they make the GoW figures, and they've put LED's in Dead Space Isaac's figures which came out pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

I dont know if it is Glow in the Dark or Light Up LED. More information should be released around E3. Has anybody else watched the video on Inside Xbox today. It is called Gears of War 3: Limited and Epic edition of game. I have also looked on the internet and contacted Epic Games. Since Gears of War 2 came with a Metal Case so will Gears of War 3 Limited Edition and Epic Edition.

[quote name='Flesseck']I hope I can get Amazon to tack on $20 on Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

I just sent them an email too - they'll probably do it at some point. :pray:

you should really add a 4th option
* Epic edition.. in 6-8 months when its dropped down to 40 bucks or less like every other mass produced 'limited' edition out there

I didn't notice before that The Great Wal and Amazon are doing GC battles again and both are offering special characters. Can't go wrong with two companies competing hard for your money...both are fantastic deals with $20 GCs.

[quote name='Kenshindono']you should really add a 4th option
* Epic edition.. in 6-8 months when its dropped down to 40 bucks or less like every other mass produced 'limited' edition out there[/QUOTE]
Thanks for adding absolutely nothing useful to the discussion. See posts #2, 3, and 4. Enjoy buying your price-dropped EE's in 8 months and keeping them sealed or trying to sell them on eBay or whatever it is that you do.

Oh man, that Savage Grenadier looks tight. I really want that one and Baird. Too bad the Kantus Amazon is getting is the one I dislike the most.

Get ready to get ready. Epic Games announced today it will offer a "stunning look" at Gears of War 3 in a new trailer set to premier during two of this month's biggest sporting events: the NBA Playoffs and the Champions League Final. Set to air on Saturday, May 28 on TNT during Game 6 of the NBA Playoffs and the Champions League Final match at 9:45 p.m. PST, the trailer will feature gameplay and an overview of the storyline in the Gears 3 campaign. Here's a hint of what's coming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rER-DwCZkuQ

I pre-ordered the Standard from Amazon a couple months ago when the $20 credit was originally up. Will Amazon send me a Kantus code as well, or should I just cancel it and re-order to make sure?

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']I pre-ordered the Standard from Amazon a couple months ago when the $20 credit was originally up. Will Amazon send me a Kantus code as well, or should I just cancel it and re-order to make sure?[/QUOTE]

I believe Amazon has a policy of some sort that if a better deal comes along after you already put your order in, they will give you the better deal. So you SHOULD get a Kantus code, but if it is no trouble you could just re-order it.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I believe Amazon has a policy of some sort that if a better deal comes along after you already put your order in, they will give you the better deal. So you SHOULD get a Kantus code, but if it is no trouble you could just re-order it.[/QUOTE]

You will get both.

[quote name='GlassAgate']With Walmart and Best Buy, do they tend to e-mail you a code,
or do they have it in the packaging?[/QUOTE]

I dont know. I never preorder from Walmart. But I am going to say that you will recieve an email after your game is shipped.

[quote name='GlassAgate']With Walmart and Best Buy, do they tend to e-mail you a code,
or do they have it in the packaging?[/QUOTE]

My questions as well. You think the codes will be in the cases or somehow outside of the cases?

[quote name='H3m1 R4m'] I have also looked on the internet and contacted Epic Games. Since Gears of War 2 came with a Metal Case so will Gears of War 3 Limited Edition and Epic Edition.[/QUOTE]

So you have been able to confirm the steelbook case then?

and I found this info on bestbuy.com

Enjoy a cast zinc alloy replica of Adam Fenix's Octus Service Medal that he received for his work on the Hammer of Dawn, and use the engraved Xbox LIVE code to unlock the Adam Fenix in-game character for use in multiplayer gameplay

[quote name='jr8rulz']So you have been able to confirm the steelbook case then?

Enjoy a cast zinc alloy replica of Adam Fenix's Octus Service Medal that he received for his work on the Hammer of Dawn, and use the engraved Xbox LIVE code to unlock the Adam Fenix in-game character for use in multiplayer gameplay[/QUOTE]

Yeah every Adam Fenix COG award has a code on the back to unlock him.

[quote name='jr8rulz']So you have been able to confirm the steelbook case then?

Enjoy a cast zinc alloy replica of Adam Fenix's Octus Service Medal that he received for his work on the Hammer of Dawn, and use the engraved Xbox LIVE code to unlock the Adam Fenix in-game character for use in multiplayer gameplay[/QUOTE]

So far the steel bookcase has not been confirmed. It is rumored at the moment. I did read on the internet that more information will be released during E3 and if Gears of War 3 gets Most Anticipated 2011 at E3 Epic Games will have a 30XP Event in Gears of War 2.

I think I may get the limeted lancer edition. I really dont care for the statue and I'm sure we'll see it on clearance eventually, but I really want that lancer and dont want to miss out on it!

I saw the Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer when I was at Gamestop today. My friend that works there showed me on the computer. If I had the money to buy one I would modify it and turn it into a Paintball Gun.

New Cutscene:
http://gamerant.com/gears-of-war-3-cutscene-riley-85904/

Retro Lancer Replica:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011...over-200-bundle-comes-with-life-sized-lancer/
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129006

Besides me who else thought of turning this thing into a Paintball Gun once it is released.

This thread is epic. OP, I salute you. I don't know why people are rating this bad. You have EVERY single detail that anyone would ever need to know about the release of this Gears 3.

I love this thread, and don't let PS3 fanboys who give it bad ratings get you down. Keep up the good work man, this is amazing.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']This thread is epic. OP, I salute you. I don't know why people are rating this bad. You have EVERY single detail that anyone would ever need to know about the release of this Gears 3.

I love this thread, and don't let PS3 fanboys who give it bad ratings get you down. Keep up the good work man, this is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Your welcome. I am cleaning up the thread a little bit so if something goes missing that is why. I have it all saved in a word document so in case I mess up I am still safe.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']This thread is epic. OP, I salute you. I don't know why people are rating this bad. You have EVERY single detail that anyone would ever need to know about the release of this Gears 3.

I love this thread, and don't let PS3 fanboys who give it bad ratings get you down. Keep up the good work man, this is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Your welcome.

Updated thread. If you can I need you to Rate 5 Stars. That way more people will see it and can help make this thread even better. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone pre-ordered the standard edition from Wal-Mart? Did you get the $20 gift card emailed to you yet? Does it work on anything?

[quote name='Flesseck']My questions as well. You think the codes will be in the cases or somehow outside of the cases?[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy website says "code will arrive via e-mail on release date". If this is true they would hopefully be outside the box at local stores.

I seriously hope Amazon adds the $20 credit offer to limited edition. After seeing a few games I have in mint condition are worth about $80 in total on their trade in program I cancelled my standard edition order and am waiting to see if they make it for the limited edition too. I'll probably still order it either way though. Awesome thread OP.

[quote name='KingNothing09']I seriously hope Amazon adds the $20 credit offer to limited edition. After seeing a few games I have in mint condition are worth about $80 in total on their trade in program I cancelled my standard edition order and am waiting to see if they make it for the limited edition too. I'll probably still order it either way though. Awesome thread OP.[/QUOTE]

If they do decide to add the $20 Gift Card to the Limited Edition I will update the thread and let everybody know.

I'm hoping Amazon adds the $20 gift card to the Limited Edition. If not I'm just going to buy it at Gamestop, since UPS tends to deliver games to me extremely late in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back