Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The 7th Number']apparently now they have retail exclusive mp skins. Pretty pissed about this! They better be available for download a few months after release!

BEST BUY
Mechanic Baird

AMAZON
Savage Kantus

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=795207[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt worry about it. They will probably be released later on as DLC just like Rockstar did with Red Dead Redemption and are going to do with LA Noire. You get Adam Fenix through the Epic Edition no matter where you preorder. The Savage Kantus does look pretty cool.

Where did you get your avatar.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Where did you get your avatar.[/QUOTE]

It was on the gamestop gears 3 page that showed the beta tester medal you get in the beta. Not the regular game pages, but some special gears 3 page that showed different stuff.

Holy good grief, this epic edition looks awesome! I'm looking forward to the game, no doubt, but the content of the epic edition is just way too cool, even for the $150 price tag. It's loaded with tangible and virtual goodies. Cannot wait!

Another paper weight, some crazy medal and some pieces of paper for $150. I'll stick to my standard with amazon credit.

[quote name='kidrocklive']so there's no steel book, lame![/QUOTE]

I just contact Epic Games by Email about this. Hopefully I will hear something this week and be able to update this. But I doubt it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']apparently now they have retail exclusive mp skins. Pretty pissed about this! They better be available for download a few months after release!

BEST BUY
Mechanic Baird

AMAZON
Savage Kantus

That link isn't working anymore, oddly. I think this is the thread (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=795206).

I'm not liking all of this pre-order DLC being showcased while the game is still months from being released. I would have preferred more weapon and player skins as unlocks for kills, wins, or something game related.

And Adam Fenix has the Beta Tester emblems on his knees and shoulder armor. I wonder what the significance of that symbol is.

I dont really like TDM. Reason is half the time we get down to the last 5 lives, i die right when we hit that so i cant respawn. Im also the one that usually has the least deaths. So im sitting dead with 6 kills and 3 deaths while someone who is 1-10 gets to play in the final moments.

O man I have tons of Walmart money. I hope that the skin is great for them. Waitng to hear about what they'll be before I order EPIC!!

I gotta say though, I don't see ANY preorder bonus for Epic edition on Amazon. They still valid? Don't tell me they wouldn't do the 20 bucks and Savage Kantus for actualy giving them MORE money

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont really like TDM. Reason is half the time we get down to the last 5 lives, i die right when we hit that so i cant respawn. Im also the one that usually has the least deaths. So im sitting dead with 6 kills and 3 deaths while someone who is 1-10 gets to play in the final moments.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I know the feeling. Here I was in a game on Thrashball on Round 3 my friend and I lead the team and we both die due to our team mates throwing smoke at us and dropping a mortar on our heads causing both of us to be killed by a Sawed Off Rush. Luckily I Frag Tagged the base entrance right before I died and got a Triple Kill to win it.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']O man I have tons of Walmart money. I hope that the skin is great for them. Waitng to hear about what they'll be before I order EPIC!!

I gotta say though, I don't see ANY preorder bonus for Epic edition on Amazon. They still valid? Don't tell me they wouldn't do the 20 bucks and Savage Kantus for actualy giving them MORE money[/QUOTE]

The only Preorder Bonus from Amazon is with the SE for $60 with a $20 Gift Card and a Savage Kantus Skin. I have contacted Amazon and Best Buy about Preorder Deals. I have not heard anything from either of them yet. Once I do I will update the OP.

*Correction. Walmart as the following deal. No Exclusive Skin.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gears-of-...art.com-eGift-Card-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/15119086

BEST BUY
Mechanic Baird

AMAZON
Savage Kantus

Will this tack on to previous pre-orders? I already put my order in place for Amazon, can't undo & redo if I still want the release-date shipping.

[quote name='velvet396']Will this tack on to previous pre-orders? I already put my order in place for Amazon, can't undo & redo if I still want the release-date shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just like the LA Noire preorerder deal. If you preorder ahead of time you will get what they offer and if they change it you should get what they change it to also. Some people who preordered LA Noire got a $25 Gift Card because it was first $10 and they changed it to $15 and they got both. Hope this helps.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Yes. Just like the LA Noire preorerder deal. If you preorder ahead of time you will get what they offer and if they change it you should get what they change it to also. Some people who preordered LA Noire got a $25 Gift Card because it was first $10 and they changed it to $15 and they got both. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the peace of mind

lol how come the statue is different from the one thats previously posted? about the trash sport thingy? (ive never played the previous gears). but in any case it still looks awesome.

ill buy it when the price goes cheaper. i only buy LEs on release day when its for a game im hyped for.

like mortal kombat. bought KE and TE on first day with no regrets

[quote name='velvet396']thanks for the peace of mind[/QUOTE]
No problen your welcome.

[quote name='giantqtipz']lol how come the statue is different from the one thats previously posted? about the trash sport thingy? (ive never played the previous gears). but in any case it still looks awesome.

ill buy it when the price goes cheaper. i only buy LEs on release day when its for a game im hyped for.

like mortal kombat. bought KE and TE on first day with no regrets[/QUOTE]

You should play Gears of War 1 & 2 back to back. It is a real good game. Go on youTube and watch gameplay videos maybe even cutscenes if you are interested. Trust me it is worth it. You can get the Gears of War Triple Pack that was Gears 1, Gears 2, and Gears 2: All Fronts Collection for $30 or you can just buy both games at Gamestop for around $17.

The statue stuff was on here before it was announced. I kept sawing the Marcus Statue and the Cole Statue. Im glad they went with Marcus instead of Cole. Nothing against Cole I just did not care that much for the statue it felt more Thrashball then it did Gears of War and I think it would of took away from the Epic Edition.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wish Amazon would add the $20 gift card to the limited edition[/QUOTE]

me too, but i dont think they do that normally. 10-20 credit for 60 dollar games, limited editions dont get that offer.

[quote name='imacgod']Successfully cancelled my Epic Edition preorder through GameStop. Now to wait for that inevitable price drop.[/QUOTE]

I heard it was going to be extremely limited because of each statue being hand painted. Lol.

[quote name='imacgod']Successfully cancelled my Epic Edition preorder through GameStop. Now to wait for that inevitable price drop.[/QUOTE]

this is also my sentiment, i can imagine this to follow the route halo's and Killzone's took, in fact that's how i feel about most big box AAA titles, except Crysis 2's Nano

[quote name='Darklurkr23']*bump*

Just want to say Savage Kantus on ALL editions now. Still no 20 bucks for LIm or Epic[/QUOTE]

Amazon rarely offers credit on LE editions. So I wouldn't hold my breath on it based on past history.

Pre-order at Walmart.com and receive an exclusive multi-player character Savage Grenadier Elite

So now we have 4 different skins...2 COG and 2 Locust

Amazon - Savage Kantus
Best Buy - Mechanic Baird
Gamestop - Commando Dom
Walmart - Savage Grenadier Elite

[quote name='bossman']Pre-order at Walmart.com and receive an exclusive multi-player character Savage Grenadier Elite

Amazon - Savage Kantus
Gamestop - Commando Dom
Walmart - Savage Grenadier Elite[/QUOTE]

Really want the other COG skins but not badly enough to switch away from Amazon. Would be nice if they're unlockable at some point.

[quote name='The 7th Number']add commando dom to gamestop pre order bonus skin. Its the canadian site, i dont think it would be canada exclusive.

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/gears-of-war-3-limited-edition-with-bonus/309109

I wonder if Bling Cole is a retail pre order skin.[/QUOTE]

I will go ahead and add this to my OP. I heard the Preorder Bonus for Gamestop was Thrashball Cole and The Gold Retro Lancer for people who did not get it unlocked for Retail in the Beta.

What is Bling Cole. I would really like to see a link or a picture of this.

[quote name='bossman']Pre-order at Walmart.com and receive an exclusive multi-player character Savage Grenadier Elite

Amazon - Savage Kantus
Gamestop - Commando Dom
Walmart - Savage Grenadier Elite[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will add this to the OP as well. I will look for the link and picture but if you do have one feel free to post it.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I will go ahead and add this to my OP. I heard the Preorder Bonus for Gamestop was Thrashball Cole and The Gold Retro Lancer for people who did not get it unlocked for Retail in the Beta.

What is Bling Cole. I would really like to see a link or a picture of this.

Thanks. I will add this to the OP as well. I will look for the link and picture but if you do have one feel free to post it.[/QUOTE]

I have heard of Bling Cole on the Epic forums as well. I haven't see any pictures or officially heard anything about it though. Maybe it could be a TRU exclusive since the other major retailers have been announced?

I haven't been able to find any pictures of the savage grenadier elite.

Heres a pic of Bling Cole, though from what I've heard it's an in-game unlockable skin, not a preorder bonus.

71260339.jpg

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Heres a pic of Bling Cole, though from what I've heard it's an in-game unlockable skin, not a preorder bonus.

71260339.jpg
[/QUOTE]

AWESOME! Where did you fond this because I would like a link.

SORRY FOR ALL CAPS BUT DOES ANYBODY READING THIS KNOW HOW TO TAKE A LINK LIKE http://www.google.com/ AND MAKE IT SAY GOOGLE II WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT WAY I CAN ADD MORE STUFF TO THE OP

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']AWESOME! Where did you fond this because I would like a link.

SORRY FOR ALL CAPS BUT DOES ANYBODY READING THIS KNOW HOW TO TAKE A LINK LIKE http://www.google.com/ AND MAKE IT SAY GOOGLE II WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT WAY I CAN ADD MORE STUFF TO THE OP[/QUOTE]

You mean like this? GOOGLE II

Its [ url=(Insert address here) ] (Insert name here) [/url]
Ex [ url=http://www.google.com ] GOOGLE II [/url]

Remove the space when doing it

[quote name='velvet396']Really want the other COG skins but not badly enough to switch away from Amazon. Would be nice if they're unlockable at some point.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting mine at GS and would prefer the Kantus. I never use Dom. If you want we can trade when the time comes. :p

[quote name='bossman']You mean like this? GOOGLE II

Its [ url=(Insert address here) ] (Insert name here) [/url]
Ex [ url=http://www.google.com ] GOOGLE II [/url]

Remove the space when doing it[/QUOTE]

Thanks bossman. Now I can redo the OP and add more stuff to it.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']AWESOME! Where did you fond this because I would like a link.

SORRY FOR ALL CAPS BUT DOES ANYBODY READING THIS KNOW HOW TO TAKE A LINK LIKE http://www.google.com/ AND MAKE IT SAY GOOGLE II WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT WAY I CAN ADD MORE STUFF TO THE OP[/QUOTE]

It was on the IGN forums. There was a video interview with Cliffy B a while back where he talks about Cole and they showed it. Someone on the forums just took a screencap and posted it.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wish they would've just had all these skins as unlockables in the retail game. it's gonna be a pain trying to get ahold of all these codes...[/QUOTE]

They may decide to release it as DLC for 80MSP each like Rockstar Games did with Red Dead Redemption and are going to do with LA Noire. If I hear anything else I will update.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im not sure which one i want. Baird is kinda cool, but if im COG im probably going to end up playing as Sam. Might have to go to one of the Locust skin pre orders. No pic of the savage grenadier elite.

Wow i didnt even know but the Marcus statue in the epic edition glows in the dark. Maybe i didnt watch the video good enough about the statue?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27907074&postcount=8769[/QUOTE]

I will update the OP with this. Thanks. Here is a better link to the statue. It does light up and glow. Read the OP now I gave you credit.
http://epicgames.com/community/2011/05/exclusive-look-the-gears-of-war-3-epic-edition-statue/

Oh wow those are some sweet pics. And the parts that glow in the dark are awesome. I pictured the whole statue glowing, not just the lights on the suit.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Oh wow those are some sweet pics. And the parts that glow in the dark are awesome. I pictured the whole statue glowing, not just the lights on the suit.[/QUOTE]

The Halo Reach statue has nothing on the Marcus Fenis statue. Give your self some credit becuase if you didnt post that link I probably would have never even found the other 2 links I posted.

[quote name='eau']If only Amazon adds the $20 credit to the Limited Edition, I'll upgrade my order![/QUOTE]

I asked a rep today, and they simply just pointed me to the standard edition. I wonder if I could somehow change their minds and get them to add the promotional credit to the Limited Edition.

Is it possible?

[quote name='Flesseck']I asked a rep today, and they simply just pointed me to the standard edition. I wonder if I could somehow change their minds and get them to add the promotional credit to the Limited Edition.

Is it possible?[/QUOTE]

They offered a $20 credit on Fable III LE pretty last minute, and they had one for the Black Ops LE, so it's POSSIBLE, but I wouldn't get your hopes up; it's rare for LE's to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back