Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went down to GS this morning to upgrade my limited edition pre-order to the lancer limited edition. Anyways their computer didnt have a listing for it, though GS.com does. They told me they think it may be a online only pre-order.

[quote name='Jesusaramis']I'm hoping Amazon adds the $20 gift card to the Limited Edition. If not I'm just going to buy it at Gamestop, since UPS tends to deliver games to me extremely late in the day.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about. Been there and done that.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So I went down to GS this morning to upgrade my limited edition pre-order to the lancer limited edition. Anyways their computer didnt have a listing for it, though GS.com does. They told me they think it may be a online only pre-order.[/QUOTE]

It is Online Only. You can Preorder it here. So far No In Store Pickup.
http://www.gamestop.com/games/gears-of-war-3-limited-edition-retro-lancer-bundle/91048

You might want to re-read the OP. I added a little inside joke about the Retro Lancer. Credit goes to you.

awesome job on the front page!

Man gears statue, now retro lancer. Now im just waiting for them to unviel a gears of war 3 xbox 360 console to make die hard fans spend 630 dollars + LOL

[quote name='The 7th Number']awesome job on the front page!

Man gears statue, now retro lancer. Now im just waiting for them to unviel a gears of war 3 xbox 360 console to make die hard fans spend 630 dollars + LOL[/QUOTE]

damn it...now you got me thinking about this..... I MUST RESIST THE LANCER!! MUST RESIST ANY NEW CONSOLE!!!

[quote name='Darklurkr23']o man it's gamestop only? Son of a bitch. Maybe I'll just buy it straight :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd do the same, but it's an extra $20 buying it solo. Almost the same deal, basically. Guess it depends if the other extra are worth it.

:applause:OP, great job on the update! I would love to have a full size toy lancer replica. I guess I will be canceling my order at Amazon and putting in my order at Gamestop. It's only money, but a lancer is a lancer! Thanks again for the update!

[quote name='The 7th Number']awesome job on the front page!
Man gears statue, now retro lancer. Now im just waiting for them to unviel a gears of war 3 xbox 360 console to make die hard fans spend 630 dollars + LOL[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
[quote name='jr8rulz']damn it...now you got me thinking about this..... I MUST RESIST THE LANCER!! MUST RESIST ANY NEW CONSOLE!!![/QUOTE]
Like they did with MW2 and Halo Reach.
[quote name='deantjeep']:applause:OP, great job on the update! I would love to have a full size toy lancer replica. I guess I will be canceling my order at Amazon and putting in my order at Gamestop. It's only money, but a lancer is a lancer! Thanks again for the update![/QUOTE]
Thanks
[quote name='Serpentor']Don't they have a clean version of the Lancer? I don't want the blood...[/QUOTE]
No.
[quote name='Donut2922']is there any free shipping code that'll work with this?[/QUOTE]

OK, they got me! I just pre-ordered the Limited Edition with Lancer and I got an extra Lancer just for chuckles!

[quote name='deantjeep']OK, they got me! I just pre-ordered the Limited Edition with Lancer and I got an extra Lancer just for chuckles![/QUOTE]

Wow. It looks cool, but dont way to much. With high gas prices and 9% unemployment rate, Im shocked people still going after these "collector" items.

It would be cool to turn the lancer into a paintball gun if possible...

\\:D/ Has anyone pre-ordered the standard edition from Wal-Mart? Did you get the $20 gift card emailed to you yet? Does it work on any item, or is there a catch? Need answer!!!! \\:D/

[quote name='The Punisher']Wow. It looks cool, but dont way to much. With high gas prices and 9% unemployment rate, Im shocked people still going after these "collector" items.

It would be cool to turn the lancer into a paintball gun if possible...[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the fact that this is going to have an epic price drop in a few months. They seem to be making a ton of these.

[quote name='The Punisher']Wow. It looks cool, but dont way to much. With high gas prices and 9% unemployment rate, Im shocked people still going after these "collector" items.

I am glad somebody else has thought of the Paintball Gun. I thought of it the second I saw a picture of it at Gamestop.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']\\:D/ Has anyone pre-ordered the standard edition from Wal-Mart? Did you get the $20 gift card emailed to you yet? Does it work on any item, or is there a catch? Need answer!!!! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

It will be like Amazon you will get your $20 Gift Card after the game is shipped. I will add this to the OP because it is becoming a FAQ.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't forget the fact that this is going to have an epic price drop in a few months. They seem to be making a ton of these.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that. Remember the Gears of War 2 Limited Edition and Lancer.
http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-2-L..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1306293526&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Gears-Amazon-..._6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1306293526&sr=1-6

http://gamerant.com/gears-war-3-exclusive-multiplayer-preorder-bonuses-riley-86195/
Gears-of-War-3-Exclusive-Pre-Order-Characters.jpg

to anyone who pre-ordered the lancer and epic edition, does it charge you the full $230+ right at the checkout or is it charged once both items ship? also is there a pre-auth hold put in place?

I'd like to put in my pre-order online but I don't have enough in my account until the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

[quote name='Setherial']to anyone who pre-ordered the lancer and epic edition, does it charge you the full $230+ right at the checkout or is it charged once both items ship? also is there a pre-auth hold put in place?

I'd like to put in my pre-order online but I don't have enough in my account until the next 2 weeks. Thanks![/QUOTE]

This is from the Gamestop website:

"Billing does not occur until shipment is processed."

So, they won't charge your credit card until they ship your item. Once your item is in their shipment processing stream, your card gets charged. I don't believe there is a pre-authorization hold put on your card.

I ordered the Limited Edition with the Lancer and I bought an extra Lancer.

[quote name='deantjeep']This is from the Gamestop website:

"Billing does not occur until shipment is processed."

So, they won't charge your credit card until they ship your item. Once your item is in their shipment processing stream, your card gets charged. I don't believe there is a pre-authorization hold put on your card.

I ordered the Limited Edition with the Lancer and I bought an extra Lancer.[/QUOTE]

ahh awesome thanks! I just put in my order, now i have to go to the store near me and cancel my epic edition.

Thanks again!

IIRC, the original Lancer got battery issues (for sounds, the saw is not motorized). I remember some people actually got an "one time only" credit for the problem (Amazon orders), I think the credit was on individual basic, I remember one guy got a $50 credit from it (I offered to buy the Lancer from him, but he decided to keep it).

It's still a long wait anyway, so plenty of time to decide. Money is tight, so yeah, I don't know how some people got no issue buying a $200+ game. I know if I blow that kind of money on one game, I got nothing else for other games...

OP is correct, there is no free shipping on the Lancer bundles or single Lancer. I purchased the Limited Bundle and an extra Lancer, my shipping for both was $8.99. I live in Oregon, so there is no sales tax.

Again, thank you OP for the great post! You made my day!!!!!!! I wanted the Lancer from Amazon for Gears 2, but found out about it too late. Too expensive on the secondary market. Glad I got in on this one.

I'm still on the fence about this but I'll have to look what I can trade in towards credit for the lancer with limited edition purchase. You'd figure for close to $200 they'd throw in some free shipping or something. Also I'm pissed that Gamestop got one of the worst character DLC's in my opinion. Give me an afro wearing Cole in some pseudo disco alt any day!

I think this new Lancer looks more realistic than the first one. Many comments on Amazon mentioned that once they got their Lancer, they saw how plastic it looked. It looked better from a distance. This new Lancer has the weathering and battle scaring which will give it a real look. More like a movie prop, than a toy replica.

Well with 9% unemployment, 91/100 people still have jobs and are earning a wage... That's an awful lot of potential buyers out there still.

I ordered the Lancer Bundle. I seriously doubt that edition will be available after launch. First game I dropped that much cash on. Time to sell some older stuff to make it hurt less

I pre-ordered the EPIC Edition off of Amazon for $149.99 (No tax/ No Shipping)... but really want that Replica Lancer, which is a Gamestop Exclusive (which sucks... because I hate them).

Gamestop's EPIC Edition + Replica Lancer Bundle came out to $268.85 ($22.88 for Tax/ $15.99 in 2 Day Shipping)... so basically the Lancer is going to cost me $119. Ugh... I don't know what to do!

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']It will be like Amazon you will get your $20 Gift Card after the game is shipped. I will add this to the OP because it is becoming a FAQ.[/QUOTE]

At Walmart.com you pay for the egift card upfront and get it immediately.

I still have my original Lancer from Gears 2 in the box. Never opened it and now I'm scheduled to move. I wonder if I should attempt to get rid of it first?

Kind of sad they're doing yet ANOTHER Lancer for 3. :whistle2:/

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']
It will be like Amazon you will get your $20 Gift Card after the game is shipped. I will add this to the OP because it is becoming a FAQ.[/QUOTE]

Walmart actually charges you $20 for the gift card and emails it you right after you preorder.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I still have my original Lancer from Gears 2 in the box. Never opened it and now I'm scheduled to move. I wonder if I should attempt to get rid of it first?

Kind of sad they're doing yet ANOTHER Lancer for 3. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

If I were you I'd never open that bad boy and sell it in 25 years :D

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I still have my original Lancer from Gears 2 in the box. Never opened it and now I'm scheduled to move. I wonder if I should attempt to get rid of it first?

Kind of sad they're doing yet ANOTHER Lancer for 3. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

They go for roughly $175 on eBay, if you're thinking about unloading it. Too much for me, as much as I want one.

I decided to just order one of the retro ones from GameStop. I don't think they're as cool without the chainsaw blade (even if the battle damage makes it look better), but at half the price, it's a worthy investment for hanging on my game room wall.

alright question, so I pre- ordered the epic edition from the store about 3 weeks back. heard about the lancer and went instore to order the epic+lancer bundle, they said that they weren't sure if their getting that bundle at the store.

So I went home and came online here to the forums and found that it's an online bundle only, also found out that they don't charge until it ships (great news because i can't afford it right now) so I placed my order for the online bundle. (epic/lancer)

Went back to GS store today to cancel my epic edition pre order and the worker tells me that they are getting the lancer after all, only that it won't be bundled with the epic edition.

Long story short, what's the difference from getting it online bundled together than to pre-ordering them from the store separate? Epic is $150, lancer is $100, tax about $20, i'm looking at about $270 in store getting them a la cart. Online it's $150 for epic, Lancer at $80, Tax $20 Shipping $16 (overnight release date) total about $270ish aswell.

What should I do? Is there a difference in the packaging or contents?

Getting Gears 3 from Amazon for the $20 credit. Everything else is just not worth it IMO. If you get Gears 3 LE from amazon do you get $20 credit, or only in the standard edition?

[quote name='Setherial']Long story short, what's the difference from getting it online bundled together than to pre-ordering them from the store separate? Epic is $150, lancer is $100, tax about $20, i'm looking at about $270 in store getting them a la cart. Online it's $150 for epic, Lancer at $80, Tax $20 Shipping $16 (overnight release date) total about $270ish aswell.

What should I do? Is there a difference in the packaging or contents?[/QUOTE]

That's funny and sad that the $20 discount is basically saving you on the shipping costs only compared to buying things separately in-store. It's also sad you can't get the discount in-store. At least help us save some money by not making you ship it, GameStop!

So how long before they take trade-ins on Lancer so I can pick up a used one for cheap with my PUR card? ;) I kid.

I had the standard edition pre-ordered from Amazon for $60 with the $20 pre-order credit. I cancelled that to pre-order the Limited Edition Lancer bundle online from Gamestop for $160, no tax (Oregon), $4.50 shipping (standard shipping). I also pre-ordered another Lancer for $100, again no tax, $4.49 shipping. I guess I could have pre-ordered the extra Lancer in store and save the shipping charge and get it on release day, but oh well.
I can see how tax can kill the potential savings, as well as your choice of shipping method. I don't need to get it on release day, so I am willing to wait and therefore use the cheaper shipping.

Any word on a Gold Retro Lancer replica exclusive for other markets?

I think I remember the Gold Lancer replica was exclusive for the UK.

[quote name='Setherial']Is there a difference in the packaging or contents?[/QUOTE]

This is the only thing keeping me from ordering. If there is some uber packaging that bundles the Epic edition and Lancer, I could see ordering it online, but if there just seperate like I'm thinking, then better to get the Epic Edition in-store and just order the Lancer seperately online. Would love to know for sure...

[quote name='Setherial']alright question, so I pre- ordered the epic edition from the store about 3 weeks back. heard about the lancer and went instore to order the epic+lancer bundle, they said that they weren't sure if their getting that bundle at the store.

So I went home and came online here to the forums and found that it's an online bundle only, also found out that they don't charge until it ships (great news because i can't afford it right now) so I placed my order for the online bundle. (epic/lancer)

Went back to GS store today to cancel my epic edition pre order and the worker tells me that they are getting the lancer after all, only that it won't be bundled with the epic edition.

Long story short, what's the difference from getting it online bundled together than to pre-ordering them from the store separate? Epic is $150, lancer is $100, tax about $20, i'm looking at about $270 in store getting them a la cart. Online it's $150 for epic, Lancer at $80, Tax $20 Shipping $16 (overnight release date) total about $270ish aswell.

What should I do? Is there a difference in the packaging or contents?[/QUOTE]

I will ask Gamestop tomorrow and see if they will have the Bundle. It is up to you after all it is your money.

The Retro Lancer definitely looks really nice, but if it's exclusive to Gamestop, I'll be going without. I already have the Epic Edition preordered through Amazon, so unless they later add the bundle, I'll probably just keep it how I have it.

I just want to say I went into Gamestop today and the guy told me "O TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR LEGENDARY GEARS 3 RESERVES" Granted there is no such thing, but I'd ask yoru local store if your own the fence about Limited or Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back