CAGcast #234: Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]This week's show focuses on Crysis 2 and a lot of silly talk. We've also got the latest industry and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

[podcast]143[/podcast]
Download - 80 minutes, 48MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
The Download link appears to be pointing to the last episode.

Edit: Quick fix! :)

[quote name='brentaw']Glad to hear the CAGs on news song back again![/QUOTE]

I was thinking best intro EVER! Man I can't believe I had forgotten about CAGs on news.

The Itunes download is giving me an error. Can you fix that? Screw it, downloading from site anyway.

I was listening on my way to work and it stopped at the 18:11 mark.... nothing more. It rudely cut Shipwreck off mid-sentence.

I redownloaded it and it came up the same way. WTF?

Pack 5 condoms for a weekend away and come home with 4? I'm glad it's not just me. Good show so far - I'm about 1/2 way in.

Keep on the Borderlands is a D&D module, recently updated and used in D&D Encounters last season. It was first season DMing Encounters. Good stuff.

Just finished the CAGcast (Great show!) and I have only 5 points to make:

1.) The homosexual undertones of today's CAGcast were hilarious. For example "Hey, check out my Unicorn" or "Moondiver" or (my personal favorite) "The dogs should be blasting me in the face . . . somehow".

2.) The random "Yeah, F U SkaDave" made me laugh outloud (FYI - I listened to the CAGcast at my office so others definitely heard it). I'm sure that comment alone will generate 20-30 posts on this thread - most of which will revolve around hatred for the PS3 for some unknown reason (No offense SkaDave, I really do enjoy reading your posts. I look forward to hearing your thoughts).

3.) Cheapy, you're married and you still use rubbers?!?!?! . . . . Child, Please! Your wife needs to get the Nouva Ring or the pill. Trust me, once she gets on birth control meds, she will "rove you rong time"!

4.) Wombat . . . . . No handjob reference???? What gives???

5.) Shipwreck, do you stare at your video game collection while throwing your hands in the air and yelling "UNBELIEVABLE!!!". . . . ???

Those are my takeaways. Great show! More banter the better!

[quote name='Curufinwe']Really?[/QUOTE]

Compared to always having to use rubbers . . . Yes!

If your "really?" quote was referring to my crack on Cheapy's wife being Asian, then lighten up. It was a joke and thus, intended to be funny. I'm not sure if you are going there so please don't take offense.

Just got done listening and Wombat, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that doesn't keep his wallet in his back pocket! After having my wallet snatched when I was around 6, I started keeping it in my front pockets and have been made fun of for it by pretty much all my friends ever since. And it totally works! I haven't had a problem with someone trying to steal my wallet since.

[quote name='kaw']Wombat incorrect fact #487. There are actually 8 Cracker Barrels in New York.[/QUOTE]

North of Manhattan is fake New York and does not count.

[quote name='Wombat']North of Manhattan is fake New York and does not count.[/QUOTE]

I would go with North of the Bronx... but to your sentiment, Amen.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Just got done listening and Wombat, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that doesn't keep his wallet in his back pocket! After having my wallet snatched when I was around 6, I started keeping it in my front pockets and have been made fun of for it by pretty much all my friends ever since. And it totally works! I haven't had a problem with someone trying to steal my wallet since.[/QUOTE]

I also keep my wallet in my front pocket because I don't want to risk someone being able to snatch if out of my back pocket. My wallet isn't overstuffed like George Costanza's, so it's not a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoPf98i8A0g

Good show, but you guys missed a key opportunity to re-nickname 'boatcrash' to 'freckle bitch'. Please correct this matter on the next show.

[quote name='Wombat']North of Manhattan is fake New York and does not count.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! *cry* I live near one of the Crackerbarrels in NY. Yummy food, and I always get decent treatment, haha.

phatbhuda = Chinese American.

Shipwreck,
There is an app on the PS3 you can download called Adhoc Party. It fools the PSP into thinking there's PSP's in the same room as you, but it allows you to play the ad hoc mode of PSP games online. It being a Sony app though there are two minor-major issues:

You have to connect your PSP to the PS3 with a USB cable and you have to be using a wired broadband connection (wired into a router is ok) on the PS3 instead of wireless.

The interface is god awful and confusing.

Once you get it working though its great, no lag. CAG Joe2187 and I played VC 2 with no problems. If you want to try it out sometime, I can send you my list of PSP games and we could play something, or just put it up on Twitter and I'm sure there are others that will do it with you (you have to create a "room" inside the app and you can have up to 20 people in that room.)

Cheapy/Wombat,
I also keep my wallet in my front pocket to avoid getting stolen/sitting on it. I usually wear Dockers so the pockets are bigger. I have my wallet/keys in my front right pocket, and my IPhone & Zune in my front left pocket.

I'd like it if PS3's cloud saving could hold my mandatory installs, because it sure ain't my gamesaves that filled my hard drive.

Wombat, maybe it's intentional that you haven't seen much advertisment for Crysis 2 where you live because it's about a pretty obliterated New York City. Then again, when have video game companies ever been sensitive with their marketing?

Have you guys visited vgchartz.com? They post weekly sales charts. They even split 360 and PS3 sale numbers. I don't know where they get their figures, they could be making them all up. According to them, Homefront's first week was better than week one & two for Dragon Age 2.
Homefront's long term sales aren't really the key to their profit strategy. If you've played the game, you know it's set up to be very episodic. They invested the marketing and initial setup to establish a franchise. They'll probably try to milk it every year like Call Of Duty.

Oh, and Cheapy, I sent you a friend request on PS3 two and a half years ago. Perhaps if you can get around to denying it, it might free up a slot to let someone else you actually want on your list.

P.S. Chiropractors warn against back-pocket wallets, because it unbalances your posture and screws with your spine alignment. Unless you have an equal sized wallet in both pockets, I suppose.

people still carry a wallet. really.
i have my cash and cards in my front pocket with a money clip....problem solved.

another good show gents...:applause:

Regarding Cracker Barrel me and my wife had a conversation about racism at Cracker Barrel; Because there's a seeing in the front of the store saying that they accept all people regardless of their race. Here in Miami, there are two cracker barrels I've been to both of them several times and I've always been treated really well. Sometimes it takes getting sued to get companies to get their act together. I just hope they aren't spitting in my food.. but damn those Pancakes are so damn GOOD!!!!

You guys didn't know Cracker Barrel discriminated against people? There's a racial slur in the name for crying out loud.

[quote name='KingBroly']You guys didn't know Cracker Barrel discriminated against people? There's a racial slur in the name for crying out loud.[/QUOTE]

I hate it when people call me 'Barrel'. Words can hurt like a fist.

Just wanted to fact check what Wombat said about the Zune. All the "Zune Is Dead" stories originated from one Bloomberg News article quoting an unnamed source. Here's the facts. Soon after the Zune HD was released (to a lot of positive reviews) they said that it would probably be the last dedicated Zune device. Going forward, Windows Phone 7 devices would be the new Zune devices. They outlined these plans 18 months ago! This was not news!

Zune, the music and video service, and Zune Pass, the music subscription service, continue to be available on Zune devices, Windows PCs, Xbox 360, and many, many models of Windows Phone 7. Just four months ago Zune expanded from U.S. only to international. It's not going away anytime soon.

Bonus Zune Fact: CAGcast is currently ranked #44 on the Entertainment: Games podcasts rankings in the Zune Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonus Zune Fact: CAGcast is currently ranked #44 on the Entertainment: Games podcasts rankings in the Zune Marketplace.

Nice CAGcast, guys - moved really fast.

Cloud Saves...why would we want 'em? In case our system takes a crap. My PS3 sank while streaming some video two years ago - just stopped, took a huge dump and needed a complete re-install. My 60%-ish completion on Demon's Souls was kaput. Of course I back up that sucker now, but a Cloud Save would've totally saved the day.

Crysis 2 - man, totally down with that one. The multiplayer demo was terrible, glad to hear all the feedback is positive. Can't wait.

Dragon Age 2 - it's an odd beast. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I want to love it and am actually enjoying the story (about midway through Act 3, I'd guess), but kinda hate playing it - it feels like one huge fetch quest. The fighting has lost its strategic edge, which was what I really enjoyed about it. Ah well. Guess I'll finish it and get back to Dead Space. =)

[quote name='meager']I'd like it if PS3's cloud saving could hold my mandatory installs, because it sure ain't my gamesaves that filled my hard drive.

Wombat, maybe it's intentional that you haven't seen much advertisment for Crysis 2 where you live because it's about a pretty obliterated New York City. Then again, when have video game companies ever been sensitive with their marketing?

Have you guys visited vgchartz.com? They post weekly sales charts. They even split 360 and PS3 sale numbers. I don't know where they get their figures, they could be making them all up. According to them, Homefront's first week was better than week one & two for Dragon Age 2.
Homefront's long term sales aren't really the key to their profit strategy. If you've played the game, you know it's set up to be very episodic. They invested the marketing and initial setup to establish a franchise. They'll probably try to milk it every year like Call Of Duty.

Oh, and Cheapy, I sent you a friend request on PS3 two and a half years ago. Perhaps if you can get around to denying it, it might free up a slot to let someone else you actually want on your list.

P.S. Chiropractors warn against back-pocket wallets, because it unbalances your posture and screws with your spine alignment. Unless you have an equal sized wallet in both pockets, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

See cancellation of Disaster Report series and indefinite delay of Motorstorm: Apocalypse for sensitivity.

VGChartz numbers are HIGHLY questioned around the net. If you mention them on NeoGaf for example, you're permabanned.

My interest in XBL Indie Games are ruined by the limitation of the MS points system. Indie devs are complaining about user ratings that are screwing them over now.

I keep my wallet in my front pocket because it's harder to swipe and it's better for my tailbone/spine. My DS and PSP fit in the other pocket just fine, so I can't imagine how small the pockets of complainers must be.

The cloud saves are for storage, so you can keep locked or important saves stored safely without fear that a dead system or accident will cause them to lose their saves.

I'd love to see Zune Marketplace be removed from the dashboard, as it's ruined the video library and marketplace, though deleting made it possible to find the few videos I had on my hard drive.

Decent show.

As usual:

The current link dump is far too inadequate for what is actually discussed on the show and does a huge disservice to the people that want to be more informed about those topics. You talk about more news than is listed in the OP and just causes people like the one a few posts up to ask for more details. Then there are the games you talk about in-depth but only mention the name once at the very beginning, so they need to be listed so those of us that miss the name don't need to listen multiple times to figure that out. Finally, there are just the random websites you talk about that also need to be linked because of the large amount of people that can't tell how Raptr is spelled from an audio aspect. As it is, the link dump is a disappointment.

I also wanted to mourn the death of the CAGbag, which has been neglected by Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck for long enough that the thread might as well be locked and the link removed from the OP because you guys never use/support it any more. You only support the people that follow you on Twitter and ignore those that actually use/support the site that gave you guys the opportunity to even do a podcast in the first place. You'll never get to 100,000 downloads without fostering the community that you blame for the CAGbag's death. You ignored them and they stopped asking questions.*

*Added dramatic tone for the purpose of getting this concern noticed.

bread's done
Back