Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

guhhhhhhhhhh I haven't even played FO3 (which I bought for $10) but I'm a huge sucker for for CEs.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Anyone who has it, would you say the game alone is worth $30 for PS3?[/QUOTE]

The game alone is definitely worth $30. The story-telling is a far cry above Fallout 3 and there are a few moments of downright awesomeness where you'll feel you're inside a movie. Fantastic game, and amazing Collector's Edition! The items have some weight to them. The Lucky 38 poker chip inside is pretty much a beast and it has some cool (plot related) dates carved into it as serial numbers. I recommend it.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Anyone who has it, would you say the game alone is worth $30 for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Very buggy on PS3 from my experience... the game would freeze every couple of hours - requiring me to turn off the PS3.

the regular edition has been marked down to 17.99 used and 19.99 new online at gamestop.com for the 360 and ps3

So...tempted! Not sure about the CE though. Are the extras worth it? I love my CE for FO3 but I get the feeling I would regret getting this one.

Thanks OP. Even though I already have this for PS3, had to pick up a copy for 360 at this price. Lucikly, my local gamestop had a sealed copy in the back.

The story is way better in New Vegas, if you're a fan of Fallout 1 and 2, this game is a far better sequel than 3. It has tons of references that only someone who played the first two games will pick up. The faction system actually feels like a Fallout game, in the sense that not every group of raiders will immediately try to kill you (the khans, bombers, etc) and the Brotherhood of Steel are back to being self-interested assholes rather than some altruistic wasteland savior group.

Basically, even with the glitches, the plot is just far more engaging ... and the vaults are incredible ... like the one that required a certain monthly 'sacrifice' ;) ... that's all I'm gonna say.

Oh ... and PS ... some animals will kill you in 2 hits ... ya know, the way deathclaws are supposed to ... especially the single legendary deathclaw alpha that exists somewhere on the map ;)

I'm very tempted by this. The nearest Gamestop is less than a mile away and the game is in stock . . .

Question is, will other places like amazon match?

I'm gonna have to check this out. None of the GS near me are in stock, but some a little further away are. Might be worth a try- FINALLY something I can use some of my GS credit on! I've been hanging onto about $60 of GS credit for like 6 months now...

I'm still working my way through FO3 (50 hours in, and still a long ways to go) and it's pretty good. Honestly I think I might end up liking NV better just because of setting bias. Wandering around a destroyed east coast city starts to drag on me after a little while. Going to a brighter/more colorful desert setting may decrease that feeling for me.

Ruahrc

[quote name='cheapfrag']Very buggy on PS3 from my experience... the game would freeze every couple of hours - requiring me to turn off the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I played F:NV on PS3 for over a hundred hours and experienced less than ten freezes, most of which just required saving and reloading, and only two or three that required turning off the machine. My friends had similar experiences. I think the bugs might depend on how you play, but I'm not certain.

I've been reading a lot if posts making the game sound unplayable lately and I figured I would point out that there's a mixed bag of experiences with the glitches.

2 Gamestops in my area has this game in stock. I personally am holding out for the GotY edition. Knowing Bethesda and given their track record (Oblivion, Fallout 3), a GotY edition will definitely happen.

Anyways, if anyone wants, I could pick up a copy for you if you pay for game + shipping. I'm assuming about $40 or so (it's been a while since I've shipped stuff out).

[quote name='Ruahrc']Question is, will other places like amazon match?

I'm gonna have to check this out. None of the GS near me are in stock, but some a little further away are. Might be worth a try- FINALLY something I can use some of my GS credit on! I've been hanging onto about $60 of GS credit for like 6 months now...

I'm still working my way through FO3 (50 hours in, and still a long ways to go) and it's pretty good. Honestly I think I might end up liking NV better just because of setting bias. Wandering around a destroyed east coast city starts to drag on me after a little while. Going to a brighter/more colorful desert setting may decrease that feeling for me.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Amazon hasn't been pm'ing a lot of these collector clearance prices, especially since it always shows as out of stock on Gamestop.com, so there really isn't a huge need for them to compete with another online store that doesn't even have it available to buy online.

All the previous SE and CE stuff, I have yet to see Amazon really do much about, so don't get your hopes too far up.

[quote name='danh920']does the 360 version have the same amount of glitches and issues as the ps3 version that I keep hearing about?[/QUOTE]

I know some people had problems, but i spent nearly 60 hours playing all the way through the 360 version and had it freeze once. That was also before they patched it.

Just went to my local GS to pick this up, last one in stock. No hassles, and actually had a pretty chill employee ring me up for it. Quite a rarity, knowing Gamestop, haha.

[quote name='blindinglights']I played F:NV on PS3 for over a hundred hours and experienced less than ten freezes, most of which just required saving and reloading, and only two or three that required turning off the machine. My friends had similar experiences. I think the bugs might depend on how you play, but I'm not certain.

I've been reading a lot if posts making the game sound unplayable lately and I figured I would point out that there's a mixed bag of experiences with the glitches.[/QUOTE]

I have a launch 60GB PS3... wonder if that makes a difference. It was definitely playable... I completed the main story. But the freezing got annoying after a while (and it seemd to happen more often the latter into the story that I got) and I would lose my progress since my last save.

[quote name='danh920']does the 360 version have the same amount of glitches and issues as the ps3 version that I keep hearing about?[/QUOTE]

I have had it since it came out before the patches fixed sum things you will still get freezing and glitches and the occasional autosave corruption but its worth the price

[quote name='erectiontown']What the hell. I went to my store and it rang up $79.99. I told the guy it was $30 on the website and said the web prices differ.[/QUOTE]

That blows. The one I bought even had a 29.99 sticker on it....

Picked up newsed copies of both Ps3 and 360. 360 i'm keeping for myself, so as long as the disc isn't mangled(haven't checked yet) im ok. Ps3 is potentially for a buddy, but he should feel same way since its a good deal.

Was amusing to see one 20+ year old denied buying games b/c he had no drivers license - and then another guy ask if the 3DS had xbox 360 graphics.

Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow, if I have time. I already have the game but I LOVE Fallout: NV (and 3) and I'm a sucker for goodies.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I have a launch 60GB PS3... wonder if that makes a difference. It was definitely playable... I completed the main story. But the freezing got annoying after a while (and it seemd to happen more often the latter into the story that I got) and I would lose my progress since my last save.[/QUOTE]

I also have a 60gb, so I'm not sure that has much to do with it. Like I mentioned, I wonder if it has something to do with character types or what decisions you make? Even though I finished 3 of the 4 endings my character is usually the same general type, so I can't know if that makes a difference.

Called a store and they said they'd hold a copy for me.. but I swear an employee in the background said, "fuck that, it's mine now."

:whistle2:?

Oh well, guess I'll find out in a few hours. I've missed every single CE they've cleared out these past few weeks except for the Killzone 3 one last night (which cost significantly more).

Never call ahead, especially at Gamestop! I'd rather risk them not having it in stock than tipping off an employee to a deal.

[quote name='Vinny']Called a store and they said they'd hold a copy for me.. but I swear an employee in the background said, "fuck that, it's mine now."

:whistle2:?

Oh well, guess I'll find out in a few hours. I've missed every single CE they've cleared out these past few weeks except for the Killzone 3 one last night (which cost significantly more).[/QUOTE]

What was the story with the Killzone CE?

Scored one for the 360. The employee, who is the only guy I have ever seen behind the counter, did not know about the price reduction but it came up in the system as the correct price.

Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='nekromantix']Not sure why I am even considering buying a PS3 copy when I own the 360 version.

Developing some bad habits here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no kidding. I keep upgrading different systems when there's really not any reason for me to do so. My backlog is like 15 deep and is about the get deeper if I score one of these CEs. It's like a disease, man.

ran the fuck out the door when i saw this post.. managed to get the last one, along with the last borderlands goty. Traded in my copy of New Vegas since I picked up the CE.. i've been waiting for this to drop forever. Thanks op!!!

DAMN HOARDERS!!!!!!!

I went to my local GS about 20 minutes after seeing this thread (saw it around 1:20PM). I arrived and immediately asked for the F:NV Collector Edition and the employee (he knows me by name, so I trust him) tells me that someone just came in and bought ALL copies less than an hour ago. He just cleaned out the store. I'm kinda down, but I can just wait for the GOTY edition anyhow. Damn the hoarders around me are fast. This was at the White Flint mall GS in MD.

bread's done
Back