Otomedius Excellent Pre-Order drops to $29.99 @ Gamestop.com & Amazon.com

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
As of today this game is now $29.99 on Amazon and Best Buy for standard editions. You can safetly switch your pre-orders to Amazon for no tax (in most states) and free shipping (everywhere). Not sure if they would add release date delivery for a product like this, if they do I will update the OP again (or if the price drops again to say $20).

This is now wikied so anyone can feel free to contribute to this thread as I will not have Internet for near a month, but should have it just in time for when this title is out.

Right now the release date is 11/1 which of course is always subject to change. (Game has been pushed back all year now.)

The collectors editon for $20 extra comes with: Pillowcase, Artbook and Game Soundtrack. Not too shabby.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003WY86NE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 Standard Edition at $25.10 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Otomedius-Exc...YZXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308291351&sr=8-1 Collectors Editions OOS as of 2/7/2012

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960 Standard Edition $29.99 Best Buy

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/otomedius-excellent/77876 Gamestop online looks to only be supplying the collectors edition for now. (OOS as of 2/7/2012. Pre-Owned is $39.99.)

Wal-Mart currently wants $40 for this and a few other sites are over the new MSRP. If anyone happens to find any cheap deals on this game in the future feel free to wiki edit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIuPCFC3Cw&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite interesting. I just got the japanese version of this which came out almost the end of April. This is the quickest port for a shmup I've ever seen.

I assumed this was cancelled long ago. Or maybe I'm thinking about Otomedius Gorgeous. Whatever. I'm down if it ever comes out.

I'll wait for a sub-$20 price on this, which will happen sooner or later. It happened with Raiden IV and Fighters Aces.

Sure is censored in here.

pveYR.jpg

And here come the haters and the people to make fun...

I went ahead and pre-ordered it to lock in that price. But then the release date changed to 7/19 when I came back, versus it being 6/29 this morning.

GameStop just better not screw up my online ordere this time like they did when I ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes.

[quote name='Vortextk']This is the funniest presentation ever and it's completely straight(maybe?).[/QUOTE]

Well, to be completely fair, it wasn't just this game that was presented badly in that press conference. Last year, Konami had the most ridiculous E3 Press Conference I'd ever seen. This video sums it up pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM
Alright, that's the last thing I post about this, I swear!

Yet another title I'm amazed is making it to the States.

Okay so Amazon says June 28, GameStop says July 19. Wonder who (if either) is correct.

Was I hearing things, or did the guy in the presentation say "Winter" ? I hope not, this is absolutely on my must buy list and I want it as soon as it's finished printing to disc.

Either way, I'm in for one (saved to my cart on amazon), thanks for the links OP! Here's hoping for a cheaper price match though. (Even though 40 is reasonable for this game =D)

Edit: Submitted GS' price to Amazon for a PM. Cross your fingers! =3

Newegg has a date for Sept. something for it but they have it for 50. I'm going to preorder this online and not bother with the store.

I'm trying to get free shipping on this item and it isn't giving it to me. I entered the code and everything, no free shipping = no buy for me. Might as well preorder it at the store then.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I'm trying to get free shipping on this item and it isn't giving it to me. I entered the code and everything, no free shipping = no buy for me. Might as well preorder it at the store then.[/QUOTE]

The code didn't work for me either even though it said it's valid until 5/31. I'm gonna ask a store associate how much it is in the store to pre-order and if it's the same, then I'll cancel my online pre-order.

Alright, I'll preorder this when I pick-up my preorder for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon! Thanks for sharing this, I completely forgot about this game. Too bad though that there isn't some sort of preorder bonus like DLC or a face plate for Otomedius Excellent.

I saw an uncensored trailer for this, without the stars, all I saw was cleavage. I guess the stars were necessary if they wanted to market this game to everybody. Maybe I should watch the trailer again, perhaps I missed something.

I'd rather have an earlier launch time than 10 dollars myself...July is too long to wait :/

Needs more anime SHMUPs, can't get enough lolipops in a day! =x

Preordered from Amazon, any decent shmups releases in North America get an automatic preorder! We've only had a few for the 360, including Raiden Fighters Aces, Raiden IV, and Deathsmiles. Would be nice to see more Cave Shmups released in the States, but it doesn't look very promising.

Anyone know what other shmups are planned for North America release? Haven't heard of any others yet.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Preordered from Amazon, any decent shmups releases in North America get an automatic preorder! We've only had a few for the 360, including Raiden Fighters Aces, Raiden IV, and Deathsmiles. Would be nice to see more Cave Shmups released in the States, but it doesn't look very promising.

Anyone know what other shmups are planned for North America release? Haven't heard of any others yet.[/QUOTE]

No but Mushihimesama Futari is a Platinum Collection release in Japan now. ~40 for what might be the most manic shooter I've ever seen.

Glad to hear it's coming 7/19 & for only $30. Konami needs to sell the game cheap if they want it to sell a decent amount. I'll have to see when I'll be able to pick this up. Been waiting years for Konami to localize this.

Anyone know if they're censoring it? If the original game wasn't made to be so ecchi, I would have bought it still, I just get annoyed when the original is messed with.

[quote name='elessar123']Anyone know if they're censoring it? If the original game wasn't made to be so ecchi, I would have bought it still, I just get annoyed when the original is messed with.[/QUOTE]

The ESRB rating seems to suggest that it's uncensored.

This title is rated Teen (T) for:
Mild Fantasy Violence
Suggestive Themes
Partial Nudity

http://konami.com/games/otomedius/

Yeah, it shouldn't be censored like the E3 presentation trailer. I'd look on the ESRB's site to see if some of the stuff is still in (they'd mention why the game has suggestive themes & partial nudity, some of which I'm betting is due to the gallery), but it's not up yet.

Man, I have the Platinum Hits version of Otomedius Gorgeous and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Guess this will encourage me to hurry up...

so what is this.. a shoot em up of some kind? It looks kind of pretty i guess but i dont see much info on it online.

I also dont see any kind of pre-order bonus.. if im not stoked about it would it be better to just wait for a price drop? I like the art style but im not a huge Shmup fan

Oh ya im also concerned about censorship. The E3 trailer is obviously censored. Im not sure why they would do that if they didn't plan on censoring the actual game. I dont really feel comfortable ordering it untill some info on the censorship is released. I HATE that crap. I never bought manhunt 2 because of it. Theres a couple people guessing that it may not be but i dont see any real proof one way or another. I would think it would be safer to just assume it IS since they felt the need to do so for the trailer

[quote name='FairyLeviathan']Is Otomedius Gorgeous region free? Might have to import it if it is...=D Also looking forward to Radiant Silvergun on the 1st of June.[/QUOTE]

No, it's region-locked to Japan. I have an Asian 360 console for imports. Excellent will surely be the better game anyway, so you should be fine without Gorgeous.

The game's not going to be censored as there's no nudity in the first place - just mildly revealing outfits. The censored trailer is kind of silly but other games have done that before, including Duke Nukem Forever.

[quote name='Kenshindono']so what is this.. a shoot em up of some kind? It looks kind of pretty i guess but i dont see much info on it online. [/QUOTE]

Never heard of it til last week, but from what I can tell, it's Gradius + anime girls. Character designs are from the guy known for Sgt. Frog / Keroro, so if the characters look like Angol Mois, that's why.

[quote name='eastx']No, it's region-locked to Japan.[/QUOTE]

:x That sucks for the collecting types like myself...but Excellent is definitely number 1 on my wish list still even w/o Gorgeous.

lol @ censoring a few seconds of cleavage with stars though. That's almost a 4Kids move @_@;

Do we think this'll actually drop in price without selling out? I want it, and I have no money, even a month or two from now most likely.

[quote name='Vortextk']Do we think this'll actually drop in price without selling out? I want it, and I have no money, even a month or two from now most likely.[/QUOTE]

this... i figure this will be 20 bucks relatively soon unless its a super limited run then it may be worth getting at 30 bucks

I've never seen a current generation go for so low at launch. I heard from someone that the first Earth Defense Force was released like this at a low price.

bread's done
Back