- - - - -

New Feedback System: speak up now or forever hold your peace...

#61 WhipSmartBanky   Bring on the free hooch! CAGiversary!   15317 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

WhipSmartBanky

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:21 AM

The Wall Of Shame - Currently it's showing anyone with at least 1 negative. That's rather harsh, considering trades can and will go bad with otherwise good traders. Should it possibly be considered users who have a -1 or less overall?

#62 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:17 AM

The Wall Of Shame - Currently it's showing anyone with at least 1 negative. That's rather harsh, considering trades can and will go bad with otherwise good traders. Should it possibly be considered users who have a -1 or less overall?

I think that's a good idea. Also, could these be manually input by the mods? I think the wall of shame should be the list of verified scammers we have in the tally. Also, sometimes people don't leave feedback for scammers or scammers are found before people are actually scammed.

Off topic, I noticed from the top traders list it lists some of the members with 0 posts. There's names like !cherelle_99 and #milly_78 and other <special character><name>_## that have 0 posts. I think those were made by spam bots.

#63 zewone   Thursday CAGiversary!   43156 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

I will never see my 70+ feedback I earned, so I hate the new system, but whatever.

#64 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:31 PM

I will never see my 70+ feedback I earned, so I hate the new system, but whatever.

The only way to truly integrate it into the new system is to manually add in 10,000+ posts through an Excel file. The side listing for the rank was a compromise.

The old system was very simple and the new system is anything but. No easy way to input them, except the old manual way. And my 271 feedback is in the same situation as yours, won't be into the new system, just off to the side.

#65 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

The only way to truly integrate it into the new system is to manually add in 10,000+ posts through an Excel file. The side listing for the rank was a compromise.

The old system was very simple and the new system is anything but. No easy way to input them, except the old manual way. And my 271 feedback is in the same situation as yours, won't be into the new system, just off to the side.

Is it going to stay that way forever or are people going to, ever so slowly, add posts to an excel file? Maybe people can optionally fill out excel forms for their own feedback or the feedback they left for others?

#66 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17751 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

In can be...I'd recommend you start typing now
www.cheapassgamer.com/trade

#67 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:59 PM

I would be fine with doing my own feedback, since I don't have massive amounts like some of you guys. I'm guessing we would just do feedback that was left for us and leave the comment out? What's the format for the date?

#68 chickenhawk   Like sand in the scumbag CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chickenhawk

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:19 PM

So this is a done deal I am assuming? Is there a deadline by which we have to complete this for ourselves? Also, how do we get this to you once we complete the form for our old feedback? If you've previously covered this, I must've missed it.....

Thanks!

#69 doraemonkerpal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

doraemonkerpal

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

If we are going to go with a static field on the TraderRatings screen all I need is the Username and tally rating (any format is fine).

In fact, we can have 2 week (or so) period where we have the users enter in their own old trading tally on their profile, then lock the field so no new entries/changes can be made.

We can always have the old (final) tally list handy just in case there are any issues with less than honest users entering their own old tally.

We can get started using the new system this week, once I get the go ahead from you guys.

is this what we're going to do? if so, when does it start? if not, what has everybody decided on? sorry but after reading all these posts, i'm confused :lol:

#70 blackjaw   probably surfing CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:35 PM

soo...we manually enter in how much feedback we have?

shouldnt be hard for my..what...10 or 11 :)

sorry shrike!

#71 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17751 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:38 PM

Ok...here is what I think we have really decided on.
When we are sure, I will put it in the OP.

1) Users will be responsible for coming up with their final feedback tally from the old system and entering in a field for this currently on Edit Profile. After a designated time, this field will be locked and no longer be editible by users.
edit: We will verify the feedback entered in by the users who choose to do so.

2) The old number will be listed on your Trader Ratings screen (and possibly profile), but will not affect your Feedback score.

3) I think we can just skip importing the negative feedback and just go with the above plan.

#72 doraemonkerpal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

doraemonkerpal

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:09 PM

ok, thanks for clearing everything up for us cheapyd! once the new system is in place, i'll go ahead and enter all my past trading info. the plan sounds great so far!

#73 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:16 PM

Ok...here is what I think we have really decided on.
When we are sure, I will put it in the OP.

1) Users will be responsible for coming up with their final feedback tally from the old system and entering in a field for this currently on Edit Profile. After a designated time, this field will be locked and no longer be editible by users.

2) The old number will be listed on your Trader Ratings screen (and possibly profile), but will not affect your Feedback score.

3) I think we can just skip importing the negative feedback and just go with the above plan.

So we're not going to have the option of making our own excel files so we can integrate old feedback into the new feedback system?

#74 blackjaw   probably surfing CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

So we're not going to have the option of making our own excel files so we can integrate old feedback into the new feedback system?

no, from what i understand, you just enter what your old feedback was into your profile page and thats that

but what about people that only have 1 or 2 trades and put 10 or 20? i guess we will just have to look in the old thread to make sure?

#75 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

no, from what i understand, you just enter what your old feedback was into your profile page and thats that

but what about people that only have 1 or 2 trades and put 10 or 20? i guess we will just have to look in the old thread to make sure?

i think thats just stupid...this thing seems to be way more difficult than i thought it would be....if thats the case (typing your old rating into your profile and users being able to make-up #s), then why can't we just have the old rating permanent and uneditable (word?) somewhere in our profile or near our user name...where a mod would have to enter it into your profile and if they wanted to, they could verify it....

then again, if anyone wanted to be fraudulent...they could've been faking trades with other users all along, just to raise their rating...so what can you do?

#76 Jaket   Ask me about my Halo 3 stats CAGiversary!   4806 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

:( suck

i wish there was something easier

shrike and I have hours upon hours of work to look foward to

#77 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:58 PM

I only have 11 trades so far but I completely agree. I definitely empathize w/the top 10 traders along w/anyone else w/a high number. Considering what a big part of the community the trading aspect is there should be a more thorough way to integrate the previous rankings. I would certainly give suggestions if I were knowledgeable enough to do so. StealthySeal is right, this is a suck.

#78 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:00 PM

I only have 11 trades so far but I completely agree. I definitely empathize w/the top 10 traders along w/anyone else w/a high number. Considering what a big part of the community the trading aspect is there should be a more thorough way to integrate the previous rankings. I would certainly give suggestions if I were knowledgeable enough to do so. StealthySeal is right, this is a suck.

Yeah, that 271 feedback tends to make me the king of suck in this way. Actually, it'll be double that, since you have to cover feedback on BOTH sides of the transaction, so I'd have to transcribe 542 posts. :shock:

#79 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

Can't you just use the old tally in the tally list?
Edited to add:

Yeah, that 271 feedback tends to make me the king of suck in this way. Actually, it'll be double that, since you have to cover feedback on BOTH sides of the transaction, so I'd have to transcribe 542 posts. :shock:

Again, I thought we're just sticking our old tally into that old feedback field that CheapyD added. I'm so confused. :?: (<- this is supposed to be a question mark "smiley")
Also, why would you transcribe 542 posts? Wouldn't that cause feedback to be counted twice when the other side does their own feedback?

#80 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17751 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:06 PM

i think thats just stupid...this thing seems to be way more difficult than i thought it would be....if thats the case (typing your old rating into your profile and users being able to make-up #s), then why can't we just have the old rating permanent and uneditable (word?) somewhere in our profile or near our user name...where a mod would have to enter it into your profile and if they wanted to, they could verify it....

then again, if anyone wanted to be fraudulent...they could've been faking trades with other users all along, just to raise their rating...so what can you do?

read my last post again.

What work is that?read my last post again.

#81 The Successful Dropout   eye we tall did CAGiversary!   9551 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Successful Dropout

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

read my last post again.

:headache: :oops:

i didn't see that...i saw blackjaw's post about people being able to edit their old ratings and make them higher which made me respond the way i did...

won't happen again

:notworth: :lol:

#82 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17751 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:19 PM

No worries...I'm still amazed how many people simply don't give a shit one way or another.

These are the only people who apparently care:
CheapyD 20shrike4242 15judyjudyjudy 11The Successful Dropout 4Trakan 3chickenhawk 3WhipSmartBanky 3javeryh 2CaseyRyback 2doraemonkerpal 2KowHunta 2blackjaw 2punqsux 2neocisco 1Mr Unoriginal 1zionoverfire 1alonzomourning23 1joshingit 1-Never4ever- 1MorPhiend 1StealthySeal 1zewone 1WebScud 1Dazz 1

That's why im not going to lose much sleep over this one.

#83 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:22 PM

No worries...I'm still amazed how many people simply don't give a shit one way or another.

These are the only people who apparently care:
CheapyD 20shrike4242 15judyjudyjudy 11The Successful Dropout 4Trakan 3chickenhawk 3WhipSmartBanky 3javeryh 2CaseyRyback 2doraemonkerpal 2KowHunta 2blackjaw 2punqsux 2neocisco 1Mr Unoriginal 1zionoverfire 1alonzomourning23 1joshingit 1-Never4ever- 1MorPhiend 1StealthySeal 1zewone 1WebScud 1Dazz 1

That's why im not going to lose much sleep over this one.

Oh, I certainly care, and might take the opportunity to pull all of mine down and transcribe them into Excel, if nothing else for my own archival purposes, since when you've traded with over 150 different CAGs, you'd like to see how many of them have actually done more than a single trade. Plus, if I can do it, I might set an example for others to do their own. Who knows?

#84 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:24 PM

Cheapy, I would change the title of this thread (or make a new one) saying something like "MAKE SURE YOU ADD YOUR OLD FEEDBACK TO YOUR PROFILE". It may just be a case of people not seeing it.

#85 blackjaw   probably surfing CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:28 PM

Oh, I certainly care, and might take the opportunity to pull all of mine down and transcribe them into Excel, if nothing else for my own archival purposes, since when you've traded with over 150 different CAGs, you'd like to see how many of them have actually done more than a single trade. Plus, if I can do it, I might set an example for others to do their own. Who knows?

im always down for a good trade with you shrike..haha ;)

#86 Jaket   Ask me about my Halo 3 stats CAGiversary!   4806 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:36 AM

3 dollars paypal to whoever does my feedback excel sheet thingy! hahaha

#87 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:42 AM

Check your PMs

#88 Trakan  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:44 AM

I think it's important to get the negative feedback from a certain couple of people. (You may already have this in mind.)

#89 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:45 AM

So we are doing the individual Excel sheets? From what Cheapy said, it seems like we're just doing the old tally totals... Am I the only one confused about this? :cry:

#90 Trakan  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

I think the seal may have confused what shrike said. shrike said he was going to back it up in excel for his own personal reasons. Of course I may be the one confused.