- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3001 CGH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Credited for my complete final fantasy tactics advance several bundles pending.

Currently playing

:3ds: Mario Kart 7

:ps3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

#3002 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12158 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

sending a box out that has a ship date for the 30th on monday should be okay, right? UPS doesn't even pickup on weekends.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3003 io   ... Super Moderators   24110 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

sending a box out that has a ship date for the 30th on monday should be okay, right? UPS doesn't even pickup on weekends.

Yes.

#3004 evanwink   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Repeating a question someone else asked earlier that I didn't see an answer to: Has anyone traded in GC Animal Crossing without the memory card? What was the result? I'd kind of like to hang on to the memory card, but will include it if needed.

#3005 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1163 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Repeating a question someone else asked earlier that I didn't see an answer to: Has anyone traded in GC Animal Crossing without the memory card? What was the result? I'd kind of like to hang on to the memory card, but will include it if needed.

I just sent in animal crossing yesterday without, but I doubt you will be able to wait that long to see what happens.

#3006 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2229 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Assuming to get the highest condition you need all original packaging and contents I would say its needed.

needler420.png

#3007 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34895 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

OK, so I might be getting nervous for no reason, but there are two of my transactions still processing (cart-only GBA trades--Godzilla: Domination and Cabela's Big Game Hunger) that I created exactly 25 days ago (9/15), and I have no idea why they're taking so long (they arrived at AFS on 9/26 according to the tracker); will they be deemed expired starting tomorrow because of how long it's been since the creation of the trade-ins and if so, should I contact Amazon CS about the issue?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#3008 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

OK, so I might be getting nervous for no reason, but there are two of my transactions still processing (cart-only GBA trades--Godzilla: Domination and Cabela's Big Game Hunger) that I created exactly 25 days ago (9/15), and I have no idea why they're taking so long (they arrived at AFS on 9/26 according to the tracker); will they be deemed expired starting tomorrow because of how long it's been since the creation of the trade-ins and if so, should I contact Amazon CS about the issue?

Thats only 15 days...

#3009 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34895 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Thats only 15 days...

EPIC. MATH. FAIL. #-o

..And I have a B.S. in Mathematics... :cry:

Sorry about that.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

#3010 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

To add to that I have a number of trades from the 16th still processing....one trade had 24 items in it: they received it on the 25th and the complete games were paid on the 27th the cart only stuff was paid on the 28th(I did in fact get $21 for a cart only dk64) and the disc only stuff is still stuck in processing.

Really holding my breath with these trades because I am all in on this one.

#3011 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

EPIC. MATH. FAIL. #-o

..And I have a B.S. in Mathematics... :cry:

Sorry about that.

u serious about the bs in mathematics? lol

#3012 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34895 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

*sigh* Yes, I'm serious. :oops:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3013 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16570 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

One of my trade-ins says "still not received" when they actually received it last week according to the tracking. Does it work out itself or do you need to contact customer service to resolve the problem? I sent in other boxes as well and they were all marked "processing" while one has actually paid out already.

It'll work itself out, and even if it doesn't amazon cs will ask that you wait until right around when the trade-in would expire anyways. So, patience.

MildObstruction.png

#3014 PapaSmerf   Central Scrutinizer CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

I have always held that Mathematics is not the same as Arithmetic.

EDIT: Unfortunately, as a Mathematics degree holder I must do so quite often. :lol:

#3015 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

So... I got my package sent back to me by UPS with the shipping label I had stuck on the box inside the box, along with the box contents all fucked up (the games were laying on top of my tracking sheets instead of neatly laid on top like I packed it) NorAm's label was for 10 lbs while UPS weighed it at 6... so... uh... what the Fuck was the point of that? It was also my largest value box.

Fuck you, UPS.

#3016 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

That's a ball sucker.

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3017 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

That's a ball sucker.

No kidding. My ball is being sucked into the pre-puberty state.

#3018 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34895 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

So... I got my package sent back to me by UPS with the shipping label I had stuck on the box inside the box, along with the box contents all fucked up (the games were laying on top of my tracking sheets instead of neatly laid on top like I packed it) NorAm's label was for 10 lbs while UPS weighed it at 6... so... uh... what the Fuck was the point of that? It was also my largest value box.

Fuck you, UPS.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I noticed that the shipping label I printed out for my Star Fox Adventures trade-in (the only title in that trade-in) had "3 LBS." at the top while the prior ones I'd printed had "1 LB.", and since there's no way Gamecube games weigh 3 lbs., I found that a bit odd. The package did arrive at AFS, though, so I guess UPS didn't think the same thing. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3019 io   ... Super Moderators   24110 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

The weights on the labels don't make any difference. Sounds like maybe your package got opened by mistake FoS. Was there any damage to the box? I tape the hell out of my label - pretty much cover it completely with clear tape. So there's no way they could send it back to me in the box even if they wanted to ;).

#3020 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I have a trade-in worth ~$150 for 7 Dreamcast games due to be delivered today. The values for these titles have completely tanked since I submitted my trade. Is that normal?
Posted Image

#3021 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1828 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

It sure is, Amazon trade-ins seem to always wildly fluctuate, sometimes stuff goes from $22 to $10 before you know it, and in this case, those crazy high Trade-in values seem to be going back to normal (locked in and sent in two original Metal Gear Solid's for $30 a piece when it's an incredibly common game).

#3022 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

It sure is, Amazon trade-ins seem to always wildly fluctuate, sometimes stuff goes from $22 to $10 before you know it, and in this case, those crazy high Trade-in values seem to be going back to normal (locked in and sent in two original Metal Gear Solid's for $30 a piece when it's an incredibly common game).

Thanks. Very weird.
Posted Image

#3023 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34895 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

The weights on the labels don't make any difference. Sounds like maybe your package got opened by mistake FoS. Was there any damage to the box? I tape the hell out of my label - pretty much cover it completely with clear tape. So there's no way they could send it back to me in the box even if they wanted to ;).

Same here; I (and my mom who occasionally helps out with packaging when I don't have the time) pretty much guarantee that the package cannot be reused due to the amount of packing tape on it. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3024 predseth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Had a BUNCH of cart only games downgraded to acceptable (as expected) just now. I'll take $21 a piece for those all day long. My perfect condition cart only Pokemon Stadium was marked unacceptable as some other people here have mentioned. For whatever reason, they are still processing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Donkey Kong Country. Anyways, looks like all the values are being honored.

#3025 thefunkyredcaboose   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

thefunkyredcaboose

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Had my last two trades accepted today! Phew, I was concerned after having a cartridge denied for a made up reason. Still deciding whether to contact Amazon about that or not.

#3026 thefunkyredcaboose   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

thefunkyredcaboose

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Had a BUNCH of cart only games downgraded to acceptable (as expected) just now. I'll take $21 a piece for those all day long. My perfect condition cart only Pokemon Stadium was marked unacceptable as some other people here have mentioned. For whatever reason, they are still processing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Donkey Kong Country. Anyways, looks like all the values are being honored.

Let us know what happens with your DKC, mine was returned for heavy damage and I'm still not sure why.

#3027 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

My stuff has been processing since Thursday I believe. The anticipation.

#3028 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34895 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

My stuff has been processing since Thursday I believe. The anticipation.

I'm with you, man; I've got six transactions processing...

:bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3029 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48152 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

So, I guess you'll be doing a lot of :pray: and hopefully ending up with \\:D/ by the time it's done with?

Two of my shipments that arrived on Thursday were just paid out for full amount.

#3030 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

haha same here with the thursday part. i'm f5'ing the page every 15 mins.

i have 6 more trade ins to send in and had a question though. one of my trades is 2 cart only gb games, i was planning on using quite a small box to ship them, but the shipping label when printed would be too big for it. is it okay to resize a label in paint or something a little bit to make it smaller or will it not scan then?