Team Fortress 2 - Free to play....FOR-EV-ER...FOR-EV-ER...FOR-EV-ER

fail

EDIT: WOW dont i feel like a dick. IM SORRY TC FOR BEING A DUMBASS!!!
but yes sorry. you win. i lose. im out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it is only free for a time period much shorter than for-ev-er. Sorry, but please to enjoy while u can!

Yeah, I don't know why others are being dicks. This is the first I've heard of this, and it's a great game for free.

[quote name='jeebert']Because it is only free for a time period much shorter than for-ev-er. Sorry, but please to enjoy while u can![/QUOTE]

No, it's free forever now. The one week thing was a ruse.

[quote name='jeebert']Because it is only free for a time period much shorter than for-ev-er. Sorry, but please to enjoy while u can![/QUOTE]

It's heavily rumored that it's going permanent F2P, and it makes sense considering all the microtransactions they do now on there, not to mention Valve's recent addition of free games.

That said, it's not confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheeseknight28']It's heavily rumored that it's going permanent F2P, and it makes sense considering all the microtransactions they do now on there, not to mention Valve's recent addition of free games.

That said, it's not confirmed.[/QUOTE]

It is confirmed. It's free forever. Guys, do a quick Google search before smacking a guy down for posting a legitimate deal.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/24/breaking-team-fortress-2-is-now-free-to-play-forever/

let's see and if it really is true. i'll take back everything. The title is kinda stupid though, you might want to change it.

edit- He is correct and i take back everything. I'm sorry and will rate this thread with a 5 star.

If you guys hate free stuff especially TEAM FORTRESS 2, then you are all dirty filthy commies and we don't take kindly to dirty filthy commies around here. Am I rite boys?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']A simple link would have avoided all the backlash. Great news though, excellent game![/QUOTE]
But then there would be no drama and shitposting...

:cold:

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']If you guys hate free stuff especially TEAM FORTRESS 2, then you are all dirty filthy commies and we don't take kindly to dirty filthy commies around here. Am I rite boys?[/QUOTE]

shut the fuck up. When it was first posted it didn't seem like the fulll game was free forever. I knew it was free for a week but not forever. i already apologized and i thank the op for the great find

[quote name='scarhawk']He never directed it toward you. No need to be rude.[/QUOTE]

well considereing the fact that im 1 of 2 people who posted fail as the first two comments im pretty sure it was directed to me and the other guy.

Damn, I bought this during the Winter sale and haven't gotten to play it much. Kind of pissed it went to free, I didn't ever see that coming.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']well considereing the fact that im 1 of 2 people who posted fail as the first two comments im pretty sure it was directed to me and the other guy.[/QUOTE]
pretty sure that was a lighthearted comment made to celebrate the fact that TF2 is free. not really directed towards you. Do you really need to further your ignorance?
you just kind of look like a smart aleck jerkass.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']shut the fuck up. When it was first posted it didn't seem like the fulll game was free forever. I knew it was free for a week but not forever. i already apologized and i thank the op for the great find[/QUOTE]

SEvUO.gif

Was that really necasarry??? Lol! I mean, come on. Lenin up their buddy! I'm sorry if I offended you. Take a Che pill!
Sorry for these shitty puns, I've been drinking but Royal High Knight, didn't mean no disrepect my fellow CAG brother. Lets be friends!! :D

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']
SEvUO.gif

Was that really necasarry??? Lol! I mean, come on. Lenin up their buddy! I'm sorry if I offended you. Take a Che pill!
Sorry for these shitty puns, I've been drinking but Royal High Knight, didn't mean no disrepect my fellow CAG brother. Lets be friends!! :D
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Free? Dang, and I just bought this 4 years ago. Loved this game but only went back recently to check out the hat shop. Nice that it's available to everyone now, but considering how cheap they've been selling this I'm not too surprised.

This is huge, and I think it deserves a thread. This is one of the most popular games on the PC, and while the fanbase is huge, there are still a LOT of people who don't own the game yet. Props to Valve.

For anyone who hasn't picked up the game ever, here's the FAQ to answer any questions. By the looks of it you can just download the game for free, load up $5 in your Steam wallet and buy something from the in-game store to upgrade to a premium account FOR-EV-ER. So really it may as well be on sale for $5 or less if you already have money in your Steam wallet to blow on an item (cheapest is 49 cents.)

http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

Also, the Valve Store itself has a sale going on for TF2 merch. But the store itself is all nuts at the moment.

sorry tc. ur right. im wrong. u win. i lose. ur good looking. not not very attractive. im sorry. rated 5 stars. bump thread.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']If you guys hate free stuff especially TEAM FORTRESS 2, then you are all dirty filthy commies and we don't take kindly to dirty filthy commies around here. Am I rite boys?[/QUOTE]

Where do you hail from? Montana?

I don't take kindly to Chi-coms but that's a whole other different thread :)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Brazilians in every server within a week, enjoy it while it lasts[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate to agree with you it's probably true. F2P is a smart move money-wise on their part I'm sure but it seems like it'll ruin the game [more].

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']great, what do those who paid for the game get. A f*cking hat?[/QUOTE]

Those who paid for it got to play it for the last 4 years.

[quote name='mikejenks']Those who paid for it got to play it for the last 4 years.[/QUOTE]

No. I want refund. Or hat, but not on my account a code I can sell.

In all seriousness though, at least have exclusive servers that are separate from F2P.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']great, what do those who paid for the game get. A f*cking hat?[/QUOTE]

What do I get if I paid for the game?
To thank you for your years of support, we will be giving players who have purchased TF2 a special Proof of Purchase hat to wear on any character in-game.

XXX420BRXXX has joined the server. Gabe's minions have grown stronger

HUEHUEHUEUHE U WANT HATS? GIBBIE HATS! GO 2 TF2HATS.EU
USE COUPON CRYSUMMORE FOR 10% OFF UR PURCHASE!

XXX420BRXXX has left the server. Gabe's minions have weakened

bread's done
Back