* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

#511 Rhett   Global Defense Initiative CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Recently killed an interesting boss... No spoilers, but it was pretty hard compared to the others thus far. Pretty far into the game. Dropped A LOT of loot. Definitely gonna be popular for farming, I think, despite the difficulty.

Also, I have a +20.9% (I think) Sniper Rifle Damage relic if someone wants to offer anything for it... I think it requires level 20.
Steam: Rhett816

#512 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Recently killed an interesting boss... No spoilers, but it was pretty hard compared to the others thus far. Pretty far into the game. Dropped A LOT of loot. Definitely gonna be popular for farming, I think, despite the difficulty.

Also, I have a +20.9% (I think) Sniper Rifle Damage relic if someone wants to offer anything for it... I think it requires level 20.

Spoiler

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#513 Rhett   Global Defense Initiative CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler
Sorry if you aren't that far, or maybe I'm not as far as you... :X

Edited by Rhett, 21 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#514 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Still rocking my kerblaster - it'll probably stick with me for a while. Got my second orange from

Spoiler

I got the same it's an awesome shield for around the 18-22 rank... when your shield goes down it starts annihilating shit around you until it recharges

#515 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

I still don't have an Orange loot besides one shield that was already outclassed by a Green one. Sigh. It seems like my bad luck from Borderlands 1 is continuing into this one. Really bums me out.

I'm at Level 14 currently, and honestly, the game is getting to be a bit too punishing for my liking. Borderlands 1 had a lot of extra missions so I could be a bit over where the next Story Mission was. Here, it's like 'if you do all of these Side Missions, you'll always be at where you want to be for the next Story Mission. No ifs, ands or buts.'

But it might just be because I feel fatigued on Borderlands 2 since I was playing the original for the past week and a half on PS3.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#516 Trakan   The Vengeful One Super Moderators   18111 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

I still don't have an Orange loot besides one shield that was already outclassed by a Green one. Sigh. It seems like my bad luck from Borderlands 1 is continuing into this one. Really bums me out.

I'm at Level 14 currently, and honestly, the game is getting to be a bit too punishing for my liking. Borderlands 1 had a lot of extra missions so I could be a bit over where the next Story Mission was. Here, it's like 'if you do all of these Side Missions, you'll always be at where you want to be for the next Story Mission. No ifs, ands or buts.'

But it might just be because I feel fatigued on Borderlands 2 since I was playing the original for the past week and a half on PS3.

Stop playing it by yourself. Much easier with 2-4 players. Not to mention it's less boring and has better loot.

#517 Rhett   Global Defense Initiative CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

There are more side missions than I feel like doing, and I've skipped a handful + have 5+ to do around my level, as it is... And after being slightly over-leveled, I'm at or below the level needed to progress, myself...

I have had consistent occurrences where I noticed my current weapons won't work too well going forward (despite being pretty good), so you may need better guns. Farming a little couldn't hurt, either. If I had another character around your level, I'd offer to play... I may have a gun or two you could have, though, at the least. I REALLY want to get to PT2/"True Vault-Hunter Mode", so I haven't put much time into alts... (currently level 28 Commando, I think?)

#518 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Stop playing it by yourself. Much easier with 2-4 players. Not to mention it's less boring and has better loot.

I've mostly been playing with 2-4 players and have it set to an Open Game. I played last night for 4 hours and no one joined ;__;
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#519 elessar123  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

The game got so much easier after 12 for us. We got good weapons, and we're pretty much breezing through. At level 17 now.

Spoiler

Using a sniper rifle with 350ish damage, a rocket launcher with 2100 damage (single rocket!), and a 650x6 grenade mod. One grenade can kill a badass sometimes. It's insane.

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#520 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Why do all assault rifles fire rockets/grenades? It seems like the SMG are the way to go so far (for me at least).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#521 elessar123  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

They don't. I have some that fire explosive damage, shock damage, and corrosive damage ones.

#522 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13400 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

Anyone know when you're able to access the Creature Slaughter Dome stuff from GS preorders?

#523 Ziv   Jerk Extreme CAGiversary!   1676 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

It's about a third of the way through the main story.

#524 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Sigh. I wish you could choose not to progress through your story in other players' games. I played with a friend tonight who was just a little bit ahead of me, and not only did I miss some significant plot elements, but a portion of the best written character in the game. It really sucks :(
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#525 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Sigh. I wish you could choose not to progress through your story in other players' games. I played with a friend tonight who was just a little bit ahead of me, and not only did I miss some significant plot elements, but a portion of the best written character in the game. It really sucks :(

The game pops up a message when you are in your game asking '"would you like to skip missions played previously" as in with other players.. while you're working on your own storyline.. just pick no.. thats what I did ...

its cool playing with others but I take my time and go over everything so I don't miss something and its really gotten me some cool shit. Plus you don't have others picking up weapons before you get to see them and all either

#526 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

I received no such message. Basically, my situation went like this. I joined a Friend's Game who was on the same Mission as me, but I had completed none of it. When I joined he was already 2/3 through it.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#527 atomicsmurf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

atomicsmurf

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

I hear the "field of vision" is smaller on the xbox 360 for this game, and has caused some folks to get motion sickness. Anybody else notice anything like this?
I am a bit prone to getting motion sickness in certain games, but I think the guy that experienced it had played long hours non-stop. I usually put 3-4 hours in a night before bed.
Thanks for any advice! I'm very close to making a purchase on this game.

#528 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

I hear the "field of vision" is smaller on the xbox 360 for this game, and has caused some folks to get motion sickness. Anybody else notice anything like this?
I am a bit prone to getting motion sickness in certain games, but I think the guy that experienced it had played long hours non-stop. I usually put 3-4 hours in a night before bed.
Thanks for any advice! I'm very close to making a purchase on this game.

I've put close to 40 hours into it (I completely lost Wednesday to it) spread over 3 characters and I haven't had any experience of it.

#529 elessar123  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Spoiler

#530 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17172 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

I thought every new copy of BL2 came with that mechromancer dlc code?

#531 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1285 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Make sure to back up your saves . . . lost everything that is shared today on my characters. Shared stash? Gone. Badass tokens / ranks? Reset to 0, with all the challenges still marked as done. Skins? Gone. Even lost an unused Golden Key.

http://forums.gearbo...ad.php?t=150243

And a video of it happening live to someone else:
Posted Image

#532 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Does anyone know where the second hidden vault door in Frostburn Canyon is? I found one by accident (the one down the ladder in a big area of ice) and then was looking at the challenges and found out that the other is in there also - I just thought the second would be somewhere else in the game when I found the first. I was pretty thorough when exploring there. I went back through it all again after getting right to the end because I didn't know about the 10 totems either. I did find all of those but I'd like to get that last door before I finish up the mission. Or can you go back there later?

Edit: OK, they are Vault symbols. I must have run right over the first one in Frostburn Canyon. It is on the ground...

http://www.xbox360ac...d.php?p=5283356

Edited by io, 22 September 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#533 hufferstl   Get your symbols kid CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I thought every new copy of BL2 came with that mechromancer dlc code?

Only pre-orders.

#534 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Make sure to back up your saves . . . lost everything that is shared today on my characters. Shared stash? Gone. Badass tokens / ranks? Reset to 0, with all the challenges still marked as done. Skins? Gone. Even lost an unused Golden Key.

http://forums.gearbo...ad.php?t=150243

And a video of it happening live to someone else:

Fucking great! I've never used cloud to save, can I backup my save there or do I need a USB drive?

#535 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Interesting...I didn't realize your Badass Ranking carried across all characters.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#536 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17172 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Only pre-orders.

tysir

I love the fur mohawk my claptrap sports :bouncy:

#537 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1285 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Fucking great! I've never used cloud to save, can I backup my save there or do I need a USB drive?

No idea. I'm using the cloud as a backup, in hopes that will work. No news on what causes this issue, but I had it happen to me (but not my wife's character). Hoping it doesn't happen again, as I lost a good 600 badass rank and all my skins :(
Posted Image

#538 bordjon   tastes good on the bun. CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

I copied my saves to the cloud. Never used it before but I'd imagine it'd work just like a usb drive for storage.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#539 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

No idea. I'm using the cloud as a backup, in hopes that will work. No news on what causes this issue, but I had it happen to me (but not my wife's character). Hoping it doesn't happen again, as I lost a good 600 badass rank and all my skins :(

Yeah I've unlocked a bunch if skins and heads (30 or so) & my badass rank is over 1100. I'd be pretty upset if I lost it all. Thanks for the heads up on this. Sorry to hear you lost yours, hopefully gearbox finds some sort of fix.

#540 woodcan   TX Regional CAG VP CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

The really crappy part is that Borderlands 2 doesn't support the cloud saves. Then again, it would probably synch your bad save anyway if it got borked.
Spoiler