* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

#241 Sinfulfate   The Podfather CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

i am only lvl 16, lol
my char is a wizard too. you are right around my level. do you want to game together sometime. most of the people are already level 60+, i don't understand how they level up so fast.

Sure. My PSN is SInfulfate.  I have it for Vita though.

have multiple weapons in your bag. you want to be changing your rod depending on the persons weakness(demons ice, humans lightning, undead fire, etc..). the wizard is a powerhouse. my meteor swarm does 125K damage.

dungeon runs with trailblazer prayer(1.5x xp). biggest xp run ive had is 15 million.

Alright. I've noticed my weapons doing less damage on certain enemies but I've been using the extra space in my bag for spells.  I just realized there is a skill to get more bag size so I'll be upgrading that asap.  I wish there was a easy way to respec skills.  I've wasted too many points on that summon golem spell which doesn't seem useful especially online where all the players just rush in and destroy the wooden boxes.

#242 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Alright. I've noticed my weapons doing less damage on certain enemies but I've been using the extra space in my bag for spells.  I just realized there is a skill to get more bag size so I'll be upgrading that asap.  I wish there was a easy way to respec skills.  I've wasted too many points on that summon golem spell which doesn't seem useful especially online where all the players just rush in and destroy the wooden boxes.

golem is useless. slow plus blaze on slow/stationary bosses absolutely destroys. i use slow, blaze, storm and thunderbolt. 2 rods, usually fire and lightning since lightning will still do decent damage to enemies with cold weakness. youll get a respec potion in the labyrinth of chaos.

for skill points, i did mostly concentration, more mp, slow, blaze, storm, thunderstorm, nutrionist, more bag space, androit hands, levitation and more hp.

#243 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

golem is useless. slow plus blaze on slow/stationary bosses absolutely destroys. i use slow, blaze, storm and thunderbolt. 2 rods, usually fire and lightning since lightning will still do decent damage to enemies with cold weakness. youll get a respec potion in the labyrinth of chaos.

for skill points, i did mostly concentration, more mp, slow, blaze, storm, thunderstorm, nutrionist, more bag space, androit hands, levitation and more hp.

yeah, that is similar to my build. lol
are you still playing dragons crown? or you sold your game like the others?

#244 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

To level up fast means getting to inferno as soon as possible or doing long chain runs (at least 9+). Buying those prayers that increase round scores help too. It's really not that difficult to level up. I have 3 characters at max before I stopped after the platinum (Elf, Wizard, and Sorc). Now, I just play with friends when they ask me. Anyway, the wizard has a great endgame where he starts hitting his stride around level 45+. During the times I did play with randoms, I did not meet one elf that could keep up with me DPS wise on both mobs and bosses. Amazons could only beat me if they used a Str potion so he is pretty devastating when played correctly.  ;)

Your core skills for maxing out are concentrate (fast recharge), spirit up (max hp), levitation (+50% dmg boost to all air attacks), slow (duh), blaze (main boss killer), and fire ward (+50% fire damage to all enemies inside the ward & be able to cast fire on water). Casting slow > fire ward > blaze along with UP + O is devastating. Of course, you can make it more ridiculous with a fire rod by jumping and spamming fireballs via evade cancelling. Add a strength potion and call it a day. :rofl:

Other skills to have for sure are adroit hands to cast everything in quick succession, deep pockets (for spells and 2 rods), and evade. Now, evade is used to keep you in the air longer with levitate (evade cancelling) as well as to give the longest i-frames in the game when holding R1 on the ground.

The rest you can put into whatever you want. I choose extinction to clear out elite level mobs in one shot in Chaos lab. That spell can hit multiple enemies too and save a lot of time, but it is slow. It's best used with a sorc who has gravity. There are also those that put some into HP, but only put enough so that food gets you to 999HP otherwise it's a waste. Thunderstorm spell is useless because of thunderod's jump + O lightning storm attack. Same effect as the spell but with multiple casts and no skill points wasted. Storm is another viable option to clearing out mobs and doing mediocre damage to fire-resistant bosses. It's okay to use when there are a lot of wizards/demon imps spamming fireballs since pillars deflect.

Golem is useless outside of normal mode. If you have any skill points left over, one point in nutritionist is more than enough. Meteor swarm is too slow, but so worth it with coordination (with at least one sorc and one fighter). Sorc casts protection, fighter with 100% dmg increase to allies when shielding, strength potion for Wizard, and just laugh as most inferno bosses' life bars take about a 70% hit right off the bat. If no sorc, then use stalwart potions to cast uninterrupted if you decide to take meteor. Otherwise, blaze does a better job.

#245 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

i disagree on thunderstorm, maxed out, its pretty beastly.

#246 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

i had the most fun, during the cooking part.lol
it seems like many other players i have played with in random games rarely participated in it. joining random games, sometimes end up being crapshot, i was having a bit of difficult of finding games last night. the previous i was connecting to games with no problem.

#247 Sinfulfate   The Podfather CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Any tips on beating the final boss as a wizard solo? I can get him down about 3/4s health but once he summons that blue skeleton Im done.  The blue skeleton just sits back with the crossbow shooting me while I try to refill my mana and when I try killing him I end of dying by the boss's magic attacks. I have no points in evasion so avoiding the boss's magic attacks seems almost impossible.  I tried using 3 other AI to help me but they just make the boss that much harder since he has more health and the AI in this game is terrible.    

#248 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Use an ice rod if your not doing so. Since you have no points in invasion, your going to have to destroy the dragon's attacks to prevent them from manifesting. The green twin Cyclone attack will form green orbs on both ends of the plain. Attack one of them to clear one whole "level" for yourself. Left one covers the bottom and right one covers the top iirc. For it's triple fire-rain (the long flames on the left, center, and right.) Up + O ground attacks can destroy the middle without having to move at all. You can also deflect it's green projectiles that it fires in the background to save your rock cover and deal more damage to it.

Lastly, your going to have to kill the skeleton wielding the crossbow when he comes out. You can either eliminate them all or you can carry the crossbow yourself to the very top of the rock cover before ditching it. Thus, the rest of the skeletons will be obsessed with getting the crossbow rather than attacking.

#249 Sinfulfate   The Podfather CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Use an ice rod if your not doing so. Since you have no points in invasion, your going to have to destroy the dragon's attacks to prevent them from manifesting. The green twin Cyclone attack will form green orbs on both ends of the plain. Attack one of them to clear one whole "level" for yourself. Left one covers the bottom and right one covers the top iirc. For his triple fire-rain (the long flames on the left, center, and right.) Up + O ground attacks can destroy the middle without having to move at all. You can also deflect his green projectiles that he fires in the background to save your rock covers and deal more damage to it.

Lastly, your going to have to kill the skeleton wielding the crossbow when he comes out. You can either eliminate them all or you can carry the crossbow yourself to the very top of the rock cover before ditching it. Thus, the rest of the skeletons or at least some of them will be obsessed with getting the crossbow rather than attacking.

Thanks for the suggestions but I managed to beat him before you posted this.  Took me like 50 tries but I finally got him.  I figured out my problem was that I only had 2 spells, slow and meteor, which aren't really helpful on the final boss.  I just did some quests to get some more skill points and got more spells to help improve my damage.   

#250 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

you can just summon storm and itll reflect all those green orbs he shoots back at him. i used slow, blaze, storm and thunderbolt and he was easy peasy. also, if you keep running outta lives, go pray at the shrine for +3 lives.

#251 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Prayers for extra lives do not work with the Ancient Dragon battle. Anyway, just wanted to write that the amnesia elixir is farmable at level 99 of the LoC.

#252 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

I am pretty much giving up on this got pretty bored might pick it up again down the road but getting 30$ for it  makes it a nice rental for me.

#253 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

I am pretty much giving up on this got pretty bored might pick it up again down the road but getting 30$ for it  makes it a nice rental for me.

what else you gotta do? i just gotta do one more speed run and i have plat. not sure ill keep it. maybe i can sell it with the artbook for more than $30.

#254 willardhaven   Thief of Life CAGiversary!   7087 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

willardhaven

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

I haven't started playing yet. Is it as good as Odin Sphere? That game grew on me even though I disliked it at first.

#255 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

what else you gotta do? i just gotta do one more speed run and i have plat. not sure ill keep it. maybe i can sell it with the artbook for more than $30.

more runs and some more of the side quests I think I have everything else done

#256 booni3  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

I've played this game for 30 hours now (PS Vita) and I could easily see myself spending well over 100 trying to get the platinum trophy, I haven't even played online yet. I love this game, the art is gorgeous and I'm very happy to have snagged an art book. These are going on the shelf when I eventually tire of them, there's no way I'm selling. 

#257 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

i platted it in 65 hours. so 100 hours might be a little long, although i did speed run through the other 5 play throughs with my level 99 wizard as player 2. something you cant do on the vita.

#258 booni3  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

yeah plus I'm definitely taking my time with it. So far I've got a level 40 amazon and a level 17 sorceress. Kinda wanna grind up the amazon and do some high level stuff and play online before starting on the wizard or the elf. But it's on hold for the moment as I'm playing Killer is Dead for review. 

#259 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Well, this game is officially my GOTY.  Refreshing and unique with incredible artwork and gameplay to boot.  Absolutely love the Elf and the skill-based air-cancel combos.  This game is like MvC2 meets Gauntlet and I can't get enough.  Just hit 33 screwing around with all the side quests I can while getting the nine amulets before going online to grind some.  What is the level cap on normal: 50?

Also, the update today made it even better by auto-looting hidden treasures instead of having to click them anymore which is a great improvement.

#260 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

What is the level cap on normal: 50?

Caps: Normal (35), Hard (65), and Inferno (99).

#261 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Ha, well then I better just finish getting the last two amulets and beat the final boss then.

#262 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Well, this game is officially my GOTY.  Refreshing and unique with incredible artwork and gameplay to boot.  Absolutely love the Elf and the skill-based air-cancel combos.  This game is like MvC2 meets Gauntlet and I can't get enough.  Just hit 33 screwing around with all the side quests I can while getting the nine amulets before going online to grind some.  What is the level cap on normal: 50?

Also, the update today made it even better by auto-looting hidden treasures instead of having to click them anymore which is a great improvement.

did they finally fix the broken online coop, it was barely playabale online with all the lag, and disconnect

#263 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

From the notes, they improved co-op stability but I've yet to ever try online so IDK.  Could give it a shot and find out.

#264 zerotl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

I haven't started playing yet. Is it as good as Odin Sphere? That game grew on me even though I disliked it at first.

This game definitely grew on me, it was kinda boring at first, but once you unlock the online functionality, it opens up. I bought it to co-op with a friend, but since he's been offline, it's actually not bad playing with randoms.

I'm collecting the talismans now, so if anybody want to make a run, I"m a lvl 22 sorceress that's still getting used to it, add me online. My ID is: AngColette. (just add mention cag in the request)

#265 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

This game definitely grew on me, it was kinda boring at first, but once you unlock the online functionality, it opens up. I bought it to co-op with a friend, but since he's been offline, it's actually not bad playing with randoms.

I'm collecting the talismans now, so if anybody want to make a run, I"m a lvl 22 sorceress that's still getting used to it, add me online. My ID is: AngColette. (just add mention cag in the request)

are you on ps3 or vita?

#266 zerotl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Oh am on ps3

#267 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oh am on ps3

ok, i will add you later tonight then.

#268 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

New Patch Will Allow PS3 and PS Vita Cross Platform Multiplayer

One of the few flaws of Vanillaware’s Dragon’s Crown is that it didn’t allow cross platform gameplay between players using the PS3 and PS Vita version. Luckily, that’s going to change with the patch released today in Japan, and that will probably follow soon on the North American version. At long last we’ll be able to play with our friends regardless of the platform they’re using.

Here are the full patch notes.

Improved stability under certain circumstances.
Cross-play is now possible for co-op gameplay, matching players with the PS3 and PS vita versions.
It’s now possible to set a on/off toggle to protect items so that they’re not accidentally sold or discarded.
In the “Game Setting 2″ screen is now possible to toggle NPC joining on and off.
The behavior and effects of the skills of each class has been adjusted.
Conditions for matching in the Labyrinth of Chaos has been relaxed. Now it’s possible to join regardless of the number of rounds.
Other tweaks have been implemented in order to improve the system across the board and comfort of operation.

#269 graf1k   BAM BAM CAGiversary!   2496 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Glad they relaxed the matching on LoC but even after the patch it never finds a game for me to join. Shame too because I love this frigging game but LoC is the only thing I have left and bots are completely useless 99% of the time in LoC and my Amazonian can only do so much.

#270 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Glad they relaxed the matching on LoC but even after the patch it never finds a game for me to join. Shame too because I love this frigging game but LoC is the only thing I have left and bots are completely useless 99% of the time in LoC and my Amazonian can only do so much.

1. you can solo it with the right build

2. you can easily find partners here: http://www.ps3trophi...first-post.html