Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']I.want.that.steelbook

*looks in wallet*
*cries* :([/QUOTE]

They don't charge your card until they ship out the item, which isn't for another few months. GET IT.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']I.want.that.steelbook

*looks in wallet*
*cries* :([/QUOTE]

You have 2 months to save.. \\:D/

Are the games or anything different in this version from the US release? Or is this just the LE bonus stuff that's different. I thought I had heard that there was gonna be the first MGS in the EU release

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']Are the games or anything different in this version from the US release? Or is this just the LE bonus stuff that's different. I thought I had heard that there was gonna be the first MGS in the EL release[/QUOTE]
I think that was japan only

[quote name='trunks982']is it possible to play multiplayer with a friend whos playing the US version?[/QUOTE]

Yes but you have to make a UK account to get this version online. I have a lot of EU games with no issues for the PS3. I hope this continues with the ps4

I saw an auction for this on eBay last night that was over $300 lol. I think it ended because I can't find it now.

[quote name='cartoondream']I've been watching ebay - I think most go over $200, so I think this is actually a deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused how can this go/sell for x amount when this is a preorder? or is this like a reproduction?

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm confused how can this go/sell for x amount when this is a preorder? or is this like a reproduction?[/QUOTE]

Because it is 'limited' and the previous pre-order closed/or sold out. It was an auction for their pre-order. The particular auction I'm talking about even had a screenshot of their order status on Zavvi.

I had the Steel case one preordered for a while,but cancelled. decided i didn't need any video game mantle pieces. I buy my games to play and i open them all, usually (only if I forget otherwise).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Woot! I got 4 pounds discounted! :D

Use code "NEXTDAY" when you spend over £75 and get £3.99 off.[/QUOTE]

How did you get that to work? It's £69.99. Didn't work for me.

[quote name='barrit']How did you get that to work? It's £69.99. Didn't work for me.[/QUOTE]
I added 2 copies to make it over £75. Standard Shipping is £1 per order. So, £70 x 2 qty - £4 coupon + £1 shipping = £136 or £68 each.

[quote name='Vinny']WTF? They haven't even shipped the Ultimate collection but are taking POs for a new version??:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
This is the ultimate collection. Contents and quantities were modified recently

So, err, I'm confused... This is a second chance of getting the Zavvi exclusive MGS HD Collection? The first pre-order batch was sold out less that a month, it was advertised as limited to 4,000 copies. So what's the deal with this one? It seems to be the same one as the previous pre-order.

The previous pre-order contains the platinum edition of MGS 4 and a special exclusive outer box.

[quote name='Serpentor']So, err, I'm confused... This is a second chance of getting the Zavvi exclusive MGS HD Collection? The first pre-order batch was sold out less that a month, it was advertised as limited to 4,000 copies. So what's the deal with this one? It seems to be the same one as the previous pre-order.

The previous pre-order contains the platinum edition of MGS 4 and a special exclusive outer box.[/QUOTE]

Not sure either, seems to have 'disappeared'

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ultimate-hd-collection-disappears-from-zavvi

[quote name='DanteWarrior']This is the ultimate collection. Contents and quantities were modified recently[/QUOTE]

No, this is the Limited Edition which spawned from the orginal "Ultimate Edition." The original pre-order contained everything and a download code for Metal Gear Solid 1 and five exclusive art cards.

However, Zavvi now changed that to include the platinum copy of MGS 4 and an exclusive outer case. That's the "Ultimate Edition" which I believe what's selling on eBay?

This is definitely an "inferior" version of the previous pre-order for the same price.

[quote name='Serpentor']No, this is the Limited Edition which spawned from the orginal "Ultimate Edition." The original pre-order contained everything and a download code for Metal Gear Solid 1 and five exclusive art cards.

However, Zavvi now changed that to include the platinum copy of MGS 4 and an exclusive outer case. That's the "Ultimate Edition" which I believe what's selling on eBay?

This is definitely an "inferior" version of the previous pre-order for the same price.[/QUOTE]

This is how I read the change:

Original Ultimate Edition - HD collection steelbook, MGS4, MGS1 PSN D/L, 5 Art Cards

New Ultimate Edition (Called Limited) - HD collection steelbook, MGS T-shirt, 250 page artbook, MGS4(if you pre-ordered originally)

The part I'm most confused about is how many they were producing originally vs. how many they are producing now (8k PS3, 5k Xbox)

[quote name='LagFighter']I'll pass. Can't justify ~$94 for an HD collection, even if it is in a steelbook.[/QUOTE]

If anybody wanted to pay msrp for the U.S. LE that sold out then its pretty good considering that you get a steelbook with it now.

Im probably gonna bite. Thanks OP

[quote name='hazzmos']This is how I read the change:

Original Ultimate Edition - HD collection steelbook, MGS4, MGS1 PSN D/L, 5 Art Cards

New Ultimate Edition (Called Limited) - HD collection steelbook, MGS T-shirt, 250 page artbook, MGS4(if you pre-ordered originally)

The part I'm most confused about is how many they were producing originally vs. how many they are producing now (8k PS3, 5k Xbox)[/QUOTE]

I believe that's how most people read it, but there's a mess up on Konami and Zavvi's original agreement...
Does not exist anymore... This version has scrapped the MGS1 PSN D/L and 5 art cards. The content is now same as the new pre-order, but with platinum copy of MGS 4 and exclusive outer box to avoid confusion (word for word from Zavvi's e-mail).

No, not the same as you pre-order originally. This is the new one, which you can pre-order now. The contents are listed as it is on the site. This is virtually the same version as the original pre-order. Just that the original pre-orders are now boxed with a different outer box and a copy of MGS 4 platinum.

The part I'm most confused about is how many they were producing originally vs. how many they are producing now (8k PS3, 5k Xbox)
Original pre-order stated there are 4000 copies (both PS3 and xbox, so fair to assume 2000 each)... So the new numbers can either be inclusive or exclusive. If including the original number, then the current pre-order are really a max of 6k PS3 amd 3K Xobx. If not, total of 8K and 5K still stands.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']No thanks. I got burned by buying the "limited edition" MGS4 PS3, so I don't trust konami with limited anything.[/QUOTE]
lulz, i remember when these boards were going batshit crazy trying to order those at like 2am one night to try to get one, and they ended up having multiple shipments

[quote name='Serpentor']I believe that's how most people read it, but there's a mess up on Konami and Zavvi's original agreement...

Does not exist anymore... This version has scrapped the MGS1 PSN D/L and 5 art cards. The content is now same as the new pre-order, but with platinum copy of MGS 4 and exclusive outer box to avoid confusion (word for word from Zavvi's e-mail).

No, not the same as you pre-order originally. This is the new one, which you can pre-order now. The contents are listed as it is on the site. This is virtually the same version as the original pre-order. Just that the original pre-orders are now boxed with a different outer box and a copy of MGS 4 platinum.

Original pre-order stated there are 4000 copies (both PS3 and xbox, so fair to assume 2000 each)... So the new numbers can either be inclusive or exclusive. If including the original number, then the current pre-order are really a max of 6k PS3 amd 3K Xobx. If not, total of 8K and 5K still stands.[/QUOTE]

So my preorder for the Ultimate HD Collection (the original, 4000 only PS3 exclusive) has now turned into this? Or... what...?

I am so fucking confused... I never got any notice of the Ultimate version being altered, just an email yesterday saying they're "sorry for the delay, etc.". That's kinda shady that they accepted all those pre-orders and then waited to completely change everything.:whistle2:?

In case I'm pathetic and have yet to beat all three by the zavvi release date, will my saves from the HD version transfer to the one being sold by Zavvi?

Can anyone confirm that you can download MGS 1 from the UK Xbox Live arcade? I just made a UK account and it's not listed on the website. Can I pay microsoft points for it or is it only going to be available (or perhaps not available at all now) through a code?

[quote name='Vinny']So my preorder for the Ultimate HD Collection (the original, 4000 only PS3 exclusive) has now turned into this? Or... what...?

I am so fucking confused... I never got any notice of the Ultimate version being altered, just an email yesterday saying they're "sorry for the delay, etc.". That's kinda shady that they accepted all those pre-orders and then waited to completely change everything.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was confused like you until I put the pieces together. Check your spam folder, there should be another e-mail regarding the change of contents of your original pre-order. It is shady, but in Zavvi's defense, Konami changed the plan... So we're not getting the MGS 1 download code (we can't use it in the US anyway) and the FIVE art cards (that's a bummer). Instead of those two items, we're getting a physical copy of MGS 4 platinum (no trophies, oh the irony) and an exclusive outer box.

The original pre-order is a "superior" version of the current pre-order at the same price. As for the term "variant" in "Variant MGS HD Collection Steelbook" I think it just means a different artwork on the case. Both pre-orders (the old one and the one going on right now) have the same cover. So in essence, Zavvi just increased the number of copies... NOT COOL!

[quote name='Serpentor']Yeah, I was confused like you until I put the pieces together. Check your spam folder, there should be another e-mail regarding the change of contents of your original pre-order. It is shady, but in Zavvi's defense, Konami changed the plan... So we're not getting the MGS 1 download code (we can't use it in the US anyway) and the FIVE art cards (that's a bummer). Instead of those two items, we're getting a physical copy of MGS 4 platinum (no trophies, oh the irony) and an exclusive outer box.

The original pre-order is a "superior" version of the current pre-order at the same price. As for the term "variant" in "Variant MGS HD Collection Steelbook" I think it just means a different artwork on the case. Both pre-orders (the old one and the one going on right now) have the same cover. So in essence, Zavvi just increased the number of copies... NOT COOL![/QUOTE]

Nothing in my spam folder either... unless the MGS Ultimate HD Collection is now called "Penis Extender".

So basically, all that's special about the Ultimate HD preorders is the "outer box", which will likely be a cheap, paper-thin cardboard box that will get destroyed during transit? Wow, thanks Zavvi.:roll:

BTW, are there any pics of the Ultimate HD steelbook (besides the one they showed back when you could preorder it?) or the outer box? The only picture I see is of the current LE on Zavvi's page.

So theres still going to be a difference from the old ultimate edition preorder with the exclusive outer box? Sounds like I missed out. Well damn I guess ill just keep my LE from amazon then.

bread's done
Back