The Official CAG April 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']You really should wait till its April everywhere not just where your located.[/QUOTE]

April Fools!

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']You really should wait till its April everywhere not just where your located.[/QUOTE]

I guess the jokes on you dumb ass, your assuming he is on the east coast. Do us all a favor and stay a lurker!

[quote name='skiizim']I guess the jokes on you dumb ass, your assuming he is on the east coast. Do us all a favor and stay a lurker![/QUOTE]

Yes because him being on the west coast and posting it is so much better.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Yes because him being on the west coast and posting it is so much better.[/QUOTE]

060609-allergies-cats_big%5B1%5D.jpg

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Yes because him being on the west coast and posting it is so much better.[/QUOTE]
thanx for ruining the topic moron

Why is everyone going on the defense .
OP didnt care so why do you.
I really dont see what i did thayt was so bad anyone care to explain.

Edit: Nvm sorry OP.
others screw off.

Last edited by a moderator:
This site is quickly becoming more and more like slick deals. Your post, shadow, exemplifies this fact in full. All your post did was make you look like a douche bag for the sake of a couple of hours. If you really don't get it, then there is just no helping you.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']I really do see what i did thay was so bad anyone care to explain[/QUOTE]

wut?

No pic, but I snagged FFXIII-2 PS3, HP Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D Blu and Rage on PS3 this morning for $25

[quote name='Zaku77']This site is quickly becoming more and more like slick deals. Your post, shadow, exemplifies this fact in full. All your post did was make you look like a douche bag for the sake of a couple of hours. If you really don't get it, then there is just no helping you.[/QUOTE]

Well i see that i didnt ask in the nicest way possible but was it really that bad

[quote name='Scorch']wut?

No pic, but I snagged FFXIII-2 PS3, HP Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D Blu and Rage on PS3 this morning for $25[/QUOTE]

Fixed. >

Snagged Batman: Arkham city, bulletstorm, rage, and L4D2 at about $37 before trade in offsets and prior credit, which had me spend $8 cash.

@Squarehead Your cat picture confused me.I'm using ad block for chrome and it's been posting cat pictures instead of ads.:bouncy:Fools of April.

What time would it be on the East Coast of the United States for the rest of the world to be April already?

What time would it have to be for it to be today or tomorrow and not yesterday for the rest of the world?

*Picked up nothing gaming related, head explodes from confusion.

Did I just read someone bitching about a thread being posted a couple hours too early? Jesus.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing a rush of Xenoblade pics in this coming week.

Xenoblade can now be added to the list of games I never would've heard of, had it not been for these threads.

I got Final Fantasy XIII-2, Rage: Anarchy Edition, and Batman: Arkham City for the PS3 today for $30 from Best Buy.

5gB3fl.jpg

Gt2Wul.jpg

Sorry for the terrible camera quality (crappy cellphone). But this last week I went a bit nuts. Spent more than I have in a year on games and stuff. All new and sealed (well when I bought them. Opened most of them up).

:dvd: Spartacus Blood and Sand Season 1
:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy
:360: Prince of Persia Limited Edition
:360: Skyrim
:360: Dragon Age Origins
:360: Mass Effect 3 N7 CE
:360: Mass Effect 2 CE
:360: Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition
:360: Assassins Creed 2
:360: Assassins Creed Brotherhood
:360: Assassins Creed Revelations Signature Edition
:360: LA Noire
:360: Darksiders
:360: Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
:pc: Witcher Enhanced Edition
:pc: Star Wars Empire at War Gold Pack

Amazon B2G1 free sale: Silent Hill Downpour, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Street Fighter x Tekken (free).

I'm weird I actually like Operation Raccoon City. Not amazing by any means, but I'm digging the co-op in it. Got that and Asura's Wrath for $35 each off a friend :D Asura's Wrath is probably my favorite game this year so far!

Binary Domain is pretty amazing too, and I haven't gotten a chance to try out Yakuza Dead Souls or Silent Hill HD yet. I cheated though some of these were from late March :p

new024.jpg

Bad news about that Silent Hill HD collection.. Otherwise cool stuff! I'm really looking to play Asura's Wrath (when it gets really cheap)

My late March/first day of April pickups.

I can't help myself when it comes to PSP games! They are so good! And with Gamestop's "get these outta here" prices matched with a B2G1, even better.

A few DS games.

I spent about $70 for everything above (thanks to trading in FFXIII-2). So that works out to about $3 per game. I am happy. One thing I am not happy about this transaction with Gamestop is this!

WTF?! I did not even know it was possible to change UMD holders. Gah OCD collector kicking in and I don't like the generic umd plastic. Does anyone else have these? Do they effect them being able to be read (they are noticeably thinner) ? I can't test since my PSP is at my girlfriend's house.

grumble grumble...

Anyway. Other Random stores. Toys R Us clearance. Five And Below. Best Buy.

Traded in FFXIII-2 to Gamestop, kept the novella/box.

Kid Icarus AR cards from Club Nintendo and Game Informer.

I got all the following stuff from a Flea Market for $7

Finally got Atari 400/800 games: Soccer, Billiards, Submarine Commander, Basic all complete. Missile Command, Star Raiders loose. Pac-Man with manual with arguably the best rendition of the icon.

Controllers and PS1 memory cards

And finally loose/well loved copies of Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtua Cop

All in all a busy start to the month.

[quote name='kermit036']WTF?! I did not even know it was possible to change UMD holders. Gah OCD collector kicking in and I don't like the generic umd plastic. Does anyone else have these? Do they effect them being able to be read (they are noticeably thinner) ? I can't test since my PSP is at my girlfriend's house.

grumble grumble...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gamestop did that with my "WTF: Work Time Fun" UMD. I haven't noticed any issues with it. If anything, it feels more stable (less shifting) than the others despite the whole being thinner thing.

I'll be going out and grabbing a bunch of games wednesday when the B2G1 starts.

I got some games today, but one of the UMD cases is cracked and seems to be affecting playability. Ah well, just gonna return it.

4f3adc97.jpg

Latest Pick Ups:
Fable 3 CE stuff only- $10 Ce
FF13-2 360/PS3- $15 BB
Bulletstorm/Rage- $5 BB
Batman AC- $10 BB
Ys: Ark of Nepatism- $6 GS. Nice to find a complete one.
Green Lanturn Shirt- $13 Target, nice to finally find my size. Next time Superman.
Edit:Turns out it does not fit since its from different makers.
2614184c.jpg

Asst Wii Bundle, no games- $10 for both, Ce
Forza 3 LE- $10 Ce
Psych S4- $15 Target
Supernatural S6- $15 Target. Glad I waited for this and got it cheap.
Debated getting The Walking Dead, Shameless and Parenthood for $15 too.
And forgot my Mad Men $5 off coupons to get a set for my lowball since they would have been $5.

I haven't posted in these pickup threads in the past couple months, mainly since I've started compiling all my monthly loot into single shots on Tsuki-Board (most of the stuff in those shots is generally not game-related anyway). However, I got these in today and wanted to share :)

2011_04_osts.jpg

They all came from VGM World and are all used and in excellent condition (and were 50% off!) save for the Mario & Luigi album, which is brand new and sealed. All are complete, and the M&L album included the note from Club Nintendo.

- Gran Turismo 2 OST, 1240 yen
- Xenogears OST (Square Enix reprint), 1290 yen
- Cool Cool Toon OST, 1490 yen - easily the rarest of this bunch, and now one of the rarest game OSTs in my collection.
- Final Fantasy VII Reunion Tracks (Square Enix reprint), 790 yen
- MilkCan, Make it Sweet!, 1190 yen
- Mario & Luigi RPG Sound Selection, 2980 yen - Japanese Club Nintendo exclusive
- Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack (Limited Edition), 1990 yen - the FFVIII OST is now the only game soundtrack I own two copies of!

With shipping included, the total came to 13,398 yen, for an average of 1914 yen per album. Not too shabby :)

Went on a 360 game binge this week and got some good deals.

Mass Effect 3 *new* $44.00
Batman: Arkham City *new* $22.95
Devil May Cry 4 *new* $7.50

Halo Reach *used - very good* $13.33
Gears of War 2 *used - very good* $4.79
Alan Wake *used - very good* $10.49
Rage *used - very good* $9.00

[quote name='kelsoanim']Went on a 360 game binge this week and got some good deals.

mass effect 3 *new* $44.00
Batman: Arkham City *new* $22.95
Devil May Cry 4 *new* $7.50

Halo Reach *used - very good* $13.33
Gears of War 2 *used - very good* $4.79
Alan Wake *used - very good* $10.49
Rage *used - very good* $9.00[/QUOTE]

Batman: Arkham City was $10 new at best buy.
And Rage was $5 new at Best Buy. Gears of War 2 wasn't that bad a deal, on the other hand...

To be honest, I was too lazy to go and get that magazine in store to get the discount. Best Buy is a little out of the way for me so I was okay spending an extra $10 to grab these online. Guess I shouldn't have bragged about that one with the Best Buy deal going on...

[quote name='Potatoeman']Bad news about that Silent Hill HD collection.. Otherwise cool stuff! I'm really looking to play Asura's Wrath (when it gets really cheap)[/QUOTE]

Yeah wish I would have gotten SH: HD off Amazon like I normally do rather than Gamestop "new" since I peeled off the sticker before reading about it to avoid getting the residue on the case. Damn! Yeah I beat Asura's Wrath in two sittings so it might be better for $20 for most people, but I really enjoyed it! Ninja Gaiden 3 is also fun too...I seem to be liking the "shit" games lately :)

picture.php

Got the WiTN CE for $29.99 after $10 PUR Coupon. Shocked to find a Legendary Trigger Happy at TRU.

picture.php

Dragon Age Woodbox CE (via trade with a fellow CAG)

picture.php

Top Row Via Best Buy with Coupons :D
DR2:OTR from Newegg $12.99 and got LA Noire Complete from Target for $20

picture.php

Aria Litho.

picture.php

#2 Reaper Attack Litho. I now have 2 single numbered Lithos :D (The other one is my Team Litho which is #7

My mid-to-late March pickups:

IMG_1244.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles x2 - $10 each from Toys R Us
Heavy Rain - $6 from Toys R Us
Final Fantasy XIII - $10 from Toys R Us
Devil May Cry 4 - $6 from Toys R Us
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening - $6 from Toys R Us

IMG_1247.jpg

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE - $10 from Toys R Us
Vanquish - $10 from Toys R Us
The Orange Box - $15 from Sears
Tales of Graces f - $60 from Gamestop

IMG_1253.jpg

Batman: Arkham City - $10 from Best Buy
Final Fantasy XIII-2 w/ novella - $15 from Best Buy
Kid Icarus Uprising - $10 from Best Buy (using the $20 gift card from pre-ordering Mass Effect 3)

I would've loved to grab some 3DS games at gamestop this week if anyone had a used Kid Icarus :/ KI, RE:R, and MGS:3D would've been my lucky grab :p

IMG_20120402_221612.jpg

Got this only so I could 1000gs the game without a headache.

IMG_20120405_230521.jpg

Figured if I bought two embarrassing things at the same time they'd cancel each other out lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back