Pandora's Tower HMV exclusive collector's box & collector's artwork book

scorponok

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this mentioned. Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

If you order Pandora's Tower at HMV you get an exclusive collector's box (holds Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles), and a collector's artwork book full of imagery from the 3 games. I noticed HMV added these exclusive bonus items only a few days ago. They are included with the regular and the special edition.

Regular edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594914

Special edition http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=594981

*sigh* I guess I am going to have to order this now too. I was thinking I might skip Pandora's Tower but they had to go throw in bonuses for the other two games too damn them. *shakes fist*

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, and I'd have to be an idiot. I'll wait for the US localization. ;)

ORDER SUBMITTED! That's awesome. It's like NOE is making fun of NOA.

594981_02.JPG

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got 2 games pre-odered out of 3. I don't think I ever able to play Pandora's Tower on US Wii or US Wii U :([/QUOTE]
In the same boat as you... will have to decide whether I should get Pandora's Tower just to keep all 3 games together.

*sigh* in for one. Why can't you allow me to remain blissfully ignorant about things like this.
Anyway, thanks OP.
Clear out the next 50 pages of posts, RE: packaging problems :D

[quote name='argyle']Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, and I'd have to be an idiot. I'll wait for the US localization. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can certainly understand that from the standpoint of just wanting to play the game on a US Wii without having to jump through hoops.

I don't regret importing these sorts of games though. Nintendo of England did all the work for the localizations and without them there almost certainly would not have been a US release of Xenoblade or Last Story and I don't mind supporting them.

Beyond that there are the extras that the UK version of Last Story got which were rather nice. Last I heard there was no word about a CE for the US version but even if there is one it would almost certainly have different extras.

Anyway, I pre-ordered this so now I'll have a complete set with a case. :p

I ordered both the Xenoblade and Last Story PAL CE's only to be foiled by NOA releasing these, I'll wait for the inevitable release down the road of Pandora's Tower NTSC version. Already planning on selling my PAL CE's on ebay soon.

I was not planning on getting this, but that collector's box roped me in. At least it will also come with a steelbook.

Had to bite on this. Now my "Operation Rainfall trilogy of Collector's Editions" will be complete! :D I'm also eager to get my US copy of Xenoblade and see if it's possible to use my PAL save data. Hmmm... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Motoki']I can certainly understand that from the standpoint of just wanting to play the game on a US Wii without having to jump through hoops.

I don't regret importing these sorts of games though. Nintendo of England did all the work for the localizations and without them there almost certainly would not have been a US release of Xenoblade or Last Story and I don't mind supporting them.

Beyond that there are the extras that the UK version of Last Story got which were rather nice. Last I heard there was no word about a CE for the US version but even if there is one it would almost certainly have different extras.

Anyway, I pre-ordered this so now I'll have a complete set with a case. :p[/QUOTE]

I don't regret Xenoblade in the least, it was an incredible game (tied w/ Skyrim for my favorite game of last year) and I got to play it a good 6 months before it came out over here. Plus, when the US relelase was first announced I sold my copy for a nice profit before that info became too widespread.

With Last Story, when it was announced for a US release the day my copy shipped, I was miffed. The "stuff" is cool, but I don't want stuff I just want the game. And even tho it was no problem modding my Wii to play imports, I'd like to be able to play these games on the Wii-U later on as well.

As far as who to support goes, if the US versions of these games don't sell, they won't keep bringing them out over here. That's why I'm picking up the US Xenoblade this week, because that's a game that deserves my support.

In for one, glad Nintendo finally actually listened for once.

Now if they would only get back on the horse and release more Virtual Console stuff.....

[quote name='OtakuFerret']I'm also eager to get my US copy of Xenoblade and see if it's possible to use my PAL save data.[/QUOTE]

The answer is obviously 'no'.

[quote name='Stele']Isn't this game the weakest of the 3 by far?[/QUOTE]

What reviews lead you to that conclusion?

I don't want it enough for an OCD buy, so I'll wait and see if it is announced in the US. Hopefully soon. If not, I'll order it then if they still have it.

So if you already preordered, will you still get this or do you need to cancel and re-order? Also, does HMV refund and give you the lowest price like Amazon? Thanks!

What separates the Special Edition from the Regular Edition? Is it just that the Special Edition comes with the steelbook?

[quote name='milleniumbugx']What separates the Special Edition from the Regular Edition? Is it just that the Special Edition comes with the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

The special edition also includes a 32 page art book.

I'm going to have to pass on this. Got my Special Edition for £33.33 + £2.29 shipping so that like paying about $10.50 more US dollars for the Collector Box if I switched to HMV.
This is a bit tempting as a collector.

Damn you hmv. I'd had this in my cart on Zavvi for a couple weeks and kept going back and forth on it. I had finally decided to wait for a price drop on it, given the fact that the LE of Last Story is still available, then hmv baits me with this stupid box. Damn them and their effective marketing tactics (and my compulsive need for swag).

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The answer is obviously 'no'.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. In the case of certain PAL games where the US version is identical, it's as simple as renaming the file and folder on the SD card and copying it back to the Wii. Now, NTSC-J to NTSC-C usually doesn't work because the save data is different. I'm sure they'll be an answer on the GameFAQs forums within a couple days of release.

In the end we all care about the disk that plays the game. The extra bonuses will come in handy if you plan on reselling later for a profit, or you like staring at limited edition boxes just for the sake of saying you own something special. Wait for NA release and rid yourself of all the hassle.

[quote name='Nintendonly']ORDER SUBMITTED! That's awesome. It's like NOE is making fun of NOA.

594981_02.JPG
[/QUOTE]

:drool:

I still regret not picking up one of those cases for the Professor Layton series.

Did anyone previously order from HMV? I was curious whether you cancelled your preorder and then reordered or if you are just leaving it as-is? (I guess all this recent Gamestop Xenoblade fiasco has made me anxious).

Ouch, I am glad that I finally caved in and pre-ordered at 11:52 pm last night, but now I am worried... partly because this will also be my first time dealing with hmv.

My order is still showing even though the page is gone. I haven't gotten any sort of cancellation notice. I hope there's not any huge delay though since I am moving at the end of the month and it doesn't look like I can edit my order at all on their site. I can't cancel and re-order either since the item isn't there anymore.

[quote name='HawthorneKitty']Ouch, I am glad that I finally caved in and pre-ordered at 11:52 pm last night, but now I am worried... partly because this will also be my first time dealing with hmv.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any problems with them.
YMMV ;)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']We can confirm that Nintendo Wii Game, Pandora’s Tower has been officially removed from our website and is no longer available to order with hmv.

But does this mean that we'll still receive it if already ordered, or will they all be canceled?[/QUOTE]

I read on another website that they only had a set amount of them and once they reached that amount in pre-orders they yanked the item. I haven't seen any official confirmation of that though.

My order is still up and everyone else who got in by all accounts still has their order listed as pending so cross your fingers!

Unbelievable... I didn't even see this. Dammit... art from all 3 Operation Rainfall games in one box? fucking hell.:bomb:

I wonder if XSEED would be kind enough to have something similar to this boxset made. They do push out quite a good bit of decent swag for Limited Editions. Might not be able to pull it off, but they could at least swing it by Nintendo of America.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I wonder if XSEED would be kind enough to have something similar to this boxset made. They do push out quite a good bit of decent swag for Limited Editions. Might not be able to pull it off, but they could at least swing it by Nintendo of America.[/QUOTE]

You could always ask. They are pretty good at responding to people on their forums.

That said, I don't think they've even announced a CE for Last Story, have they? Also Xenoblade wasn't even published by them. Would someone really make a box to hold a game another company published? In the UK these were all published by Nintendo of England so that situation didn't really exist there with multiple publishers.

Trying that now. Hopefully their forums will support it.

And yes, sadly. They haven't even announced a LE version, just that it was in consideration and "it'll be easy to switch preorders" if it were to come out as such. On their twitter, they announced that they'd have more news for it in March, so hopefully there will be wind of that soon. The same for preorder bonuses, since none have been announced.

Yeah, that whole "make a box for somebody else's game" wouldn't be ideal, imo. But XSEED is working with NoA, hopefully NoA would be able to assist in this manner too. If this were to possible come out like the Professor Layton Box set, where Club Nintendo users of NoE were able to receive it for free if you had registered all three of the DS games in the series, that'd be ideal.

But if NoA doesn't want to do it, I can't think of another company that would want to release a casing for the three.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Glad I ordered from 365games. They got TLS to me fast and unharmed. Highly recommend them for anyone who is still looking to preorder this game.[/QUOTE]

Please explain. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Zavvi and dvd.co.uk

Was yours the LE of TLS? How was it packaged?

bread's done
Back