* * * * * 1 votes

The Walking Dead - 400 Days (Between Seasons Episode) Out 7/2 for $4.99 - $19.99 Season Sub or $4.99 per Episode

#61 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

has no one played episode 4? definitely a great episode. shits gettin' real

EightBitArtist.png

#62 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3213 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

has no one played episode 4? definitely a great episode. shits gettin' real

I played it and I thought it was awesome, really good cliffhanger at the end too. The only problem I had was some minor freezing here and there when playing. It kinda messed up the flow of things little. Not sure if that's happening to everyone.

#63 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

i had no freezing issues. in fact, this has been the smoothest running epi for me out of all 4.

EightBitArtist.png

#64 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Ive been busy playing xcom and watching the debate for the halo 4 armor. After work today... This is going down

#65 xCappax   Real Madrid CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

no why :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I HATE YOU WTF OMG :((((((

#66 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

I just started playing this, after having had it downloaded for free from PS+ for a month. Great gameplay and a very nice cel-shaded graphics engine. I just wish the plot had an ounce more creativity than the cliched "woo, zombies" theme, but oh well, with the gameplay being as unique as it is, I might end up buying episodes 3/4/5 regardless.. hmm.

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita/PC games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

#67 x3x1x   So fresh and so clean CAGiversary!   2207 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

I just started playing this, after having had it downloaded for free from PS+ for a month. Great gameplay and a very nice cel-shaded graphics engine. I just wish the plot had an ounce more creativity than the cliched "woo, zombies" theme, but oh well, with the gameplay being as unique as it is, I might end up buying episodes 3/4/5 regardless.. hmm.

I'm guessing you haven't been exposed to The Walking Dead before if you think the story is focused on the zombies.

#68 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm guessing you haven't been exposed to The Walking Dead before if you think the story is focused on the zombies.

If you're referring to the show its based upon, no, I haven't seen it. If you're referring to the franchise as a whole, I'll comment on the game:

The characters and story arc in the game are interesting and well-written, and the majority of the writing focuses on the dynamic relationships between the characters, but yes, behind that all lies an extremely tired plot cliche: zombie apocalypse.

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita/PC games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

#69 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   11859 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

If you're referring to the show its based upon, no, I haven't seen it. If you're referring to the franchise as a whole, I'll comment on the game:

The game isn't based on the show, it's based on the comic book. Sorry, just being nit picky.

#70 x3x1x   So fresh and so clean CAGiversary!   2207 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

The characters and story arc in the game are interesting and well-written, and the majority of the writing focuses on the dynamic relationships between the characters, but yes, behind that all lies an extremely tired plot cliche: zombie apocalypse.

Much better :) It just sounded like you were short changing it the first time by lumping it in with every other game that involves zombies out there. Yes, the apocalypse is there to drive the story, but they use it to create a lot more drama and emotion than any other zombie game out there.

#71 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

The game isn't based on the show, it's based on the comic book. Sorry, just being nit picky.

Ah, you're right, thanks for the correction. (not being sarcastic-- I'd rather be corrected than mistaken ;))

Much better :) It just sounded like you were short changing it the first time by lumping it in with every other game that involves zombies out there. Yes, the apocalypse is there to drive the story, but they use it to create a lot more drama and emotion than any other zombie game out there.

Very true. As I play more and more into it (currently toward the end of episode 2), I'm becoming more and more impressed by the skill of the writers.

Josh1billion.png

#72 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

I played it and I thought it was awesome, really good cliffhanger at the end too. The only problem I had was some minor freezing here and there when playing. It kinda messed up the flow of things little. Not sure if that's happening to everyone.

Worst episode as far as freezing and slow down/stuttering goes for me too. I hard to do a restart at the part where you close the door in the school due to freezing, which was a first for this game.

Good episode, I chose to:
Spoiler

I think I'll probably end up doing another run through at least episodes 4 and 5 to see how things would have with different choices, assuming they do make a difference for the ending (finger crossed).

#73 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59801 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Finished Episode 4, which was great like the last few episodes. Episode 3 was the worst episode for me as far as bugs are concerned as the train sequence bugged out on me so that the camera was way under the ground and impossible to do anything until I quit and reloaded the save. It's a shame that they haven't fixed the issues with end of scenes transitions that has been around since at least Episode 2, though at least it's not as bad as the XBLA versions.

The ending to this episode is one that makes me hate the writers in the best way possible. With there being a second season in the works, I was hoping that this sort of thing wouldn't happen to potentially ruin the
Spoiler
I have absolutely no idea where they're going to go beyond this season.

This is the worst bug of Episode 4 by far, as I'd like to know what the five major choices are.

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#74 Azarius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Having a 7 yr old daughter myself makes playing this game extra heart wrenching, I'm so glad I bought the season pass. Can't wait for season 2. On a side note I've had a few small graphical bugs nothing major.

#75 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59801 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

It seems that Episode 5 may be out sooner than you think with the release of the stats video for Episode 4 and I've read that some reviewers have already gotten codes for the last episode of the season.

#76 Joshua Jude Chesser   CAG in Training CAG in Training   6 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Joshua Jude Chesser

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Froze on me too but its worth a play and it might just be my hardware for a number of reasons.

#77 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

It seems that Episode 5 may be out sooner than you think with the release of the stats video for Episode 4 and I've read that some reviewers have already gotten codes for the last episode of the season.

considering the disc version comes out in 3 weeks, epi 5 better come out soon. otherwise the internet will rage.

EightBitArtist.png

#78 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59801 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Episode 5 will be out next Tuesday.

#79 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Just finished Episode 5 - very short compared to the previous ones.

In typical The Walking Dead fashion, the endings was depressing as shit. Once again, there is no such thing as a happy ending the TWD universe.

I kinda wished there was a little more closure provided at the end. I'm still hoping you take over as Clem next season and they don't do season 2 with all new characters.

Please Telltale - don't abandon the Clementine character, keep her story going.

#80 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

what a shitty ending. no closure what so ever. i get saving something possibly for season 2, but come on.

EightBitArtist.png

#81 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

On the plus side, I did get my platinum trophy.

And this episode ran as smooth as episode 1 did for me.

#82 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7131 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Wow. Just wow. How was that a shitty ending? What do you really expect to come out of The Walking Dead? Never expect anything happy, that's for sure. I thought it was done perfectly and I actually called it happening this way a few episodes back. I'm sad, but damn that was enjoyable.

This episode was as smooth as butter regarding performance. No framerate drops or freezing whatsoever.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#83 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   11859 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Being a seasoned WD reader I was expecting this ending. The game pulls no punches and I love it for that. Still the final episode was really sort with little to no puzzles. Question to people who beat it:

Spoiler

#84 Baron O Hell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Baron O Hell

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Being a seasoned WD reader I was expecting this ending. The game pulls no punches and I love it for that. Still the final episode was really sort with little to no puzzles. Question to people who beat it:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#85 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I need to do a re-play sometime and try to make different decisions to see how things play out differently, or don't. This is no Heavy Rain as far as decisions making a big impact on story, but still a great game and GOTY worthy title IMO.

#86 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7131 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Spoiler

I need to do a re-play sometime and try to make different decisions to see how things play out differently, or don't. This is no Heavy Rain as far as decisions making a big impact on story, but still a great game and GOTY worthy title IMO.

Spoiler

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#87 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

the ending was shitty because it left too much open. it was obvious
Spoiler

the scene in the beginning with lee climbing up a ladder had insanely terrible frame rate for me. so bad that i didnt even get to press any of the button options.

EightBitArtist.png

#88 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

the ending was shitty because it left too much open. it was obvious

Spoiler

the scene in the beginning with lee climbing up a ladder had insanely terrible frame rate for me. so bad that i didnt even get to press any of the button options.

I was hoping for that ending too, not that it would be a "happy" ending, but at least give you some closure to this chapter of Clem's story.

I still hope the game is a continuation of Clem's survival story for future seasons.

#89 Baron O Hell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Baron O Hell

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

This wasn't Clem's story it was Lee's.

#90 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3213 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just finished this up and wow what a game. Even though I was expecting the ending I got it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Definitely a GOTY contender in my book, can't wait for season 2.