- - - - -

PS Vita / PS3 games price drop at Sony Retail Store (B&M)

#91 ryanredzie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

ryanredzie

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

This was at the Woodlands store, the Galleria one was kinda picked clean.

The Woodlands store is still pretty well stocked as of May 10 2pm. Plenty of copies of Ridge Racer at $25. Also a bunch of PSP games discounted on the small shelf opposite of the vita display.

#92 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I went to the closest Sony Store and found pretty much every Vita game posted here (except Touch My Katamari, but I'm not interested in that), but despite planning on picking up Lumines, I just couldn't decide which single game (trying to save money :razz:) to get from the following:

-BlazBlue: CS Extend
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Shinobido 2
-UMvC3

I'm not much of a fighter fan, but there's something appealing about playing games like BlazBlue or UMvC3 on the go, even if I wouldn't play them seriously. I love puzzle games like Tetris, but I'm concerned as to how long Lumines would last me and if the $20 price tag would justify it (the Target trade-in deal has definitely spoiled me for the foreseeable future). I know the least about Shinobido 2, but it appears like the game with the most potential for a lasting game experience; the lukewarm reviews don't exactly inspire me to pick it up, however. :\ I plan on going back this Sunday, but any advice on which I should get would be most appreciated.

Aside from those, the Vita games that interest me are stuff like Uncharted: GA, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Dynasty Warriors Next, Rayman Origins (holy snap, I want this on-the-go so BAD), and hopefully Gravity Rush.

...OK, so I don't have a Vita yet, but does that really matter for us CAGs? :whee:

Edited by Vigilante, 11 May 2012 - 05:26 AM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne; The Walking Dead S1 :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!; Shovel Knight

Last Beaten/Completed Game [4/29]:  :vita: XBlaze Code: Embryo (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#93 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

MJ should be free..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#94 jmillion   Gaming is Therapeutic CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

jmillion

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Yeah, I went to the one on Madison Ave in Manhattan. Great selection and very low key. Even had a great convo with one of the workers.

Picked up Shinobido, Lumines and KoFXIII. Oh, and a trigger grip for the Vita that's incredible.

thanks for the update. i might run over there tomorrow. :D
Posted Image

#95 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2243 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Other PS3 markdowns i saw at the Sony Outlet store that can be included in the 1st post.

You Star 2 - $4.97
Just Dance 2 Kids - $9.97
NCAA 11 - $4.97
Ratchet Tools of Destruction - $14.97
Logitech PS3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel - $79.99

#96 Naramie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

I went to the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store in San Jose, CA. Everything was marked at regular MSRP price.

#97 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

I went to the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store in San Jose, CA. Everything was marked at regular MSRP price.

But did you try ringing anything up? It's possible their stickers just weren't updated yet.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne; The Walking Dead S1 :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!; Shovel Knight

#98 DjRoo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Go back. I went there too and at first glance, the wall of Vita games are full priced. I was about to leave and asked a sales associate and she led me to a small case with all the Vita and PS3 games on sale. I picked up Lumines.

#99 SpiceHustle29   The Cheapest Gamer! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

SpiceHustle29

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just some others that were worth checking out imo...

Shadows of the Damned - $14.97
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise - $9.97

There really are quite a few games on sale...if you take the time to look there are more than the titles listed in this thread. I went to the Madison Ave. store in NYC.

-Spice

#100 joaryche   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

closet store: 400.5 miles from Nashville

#101 VyseArcad1a   New Mirror's Edge? CAGiversary!   1685 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

VyseArcad1a

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

-UMvC3

Wait, UMVC3 was $20?? Damn, if so, I totally missed that.

#102 rvdnsx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Umvc is 29.97

#103 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Did you happen to see mgs4 or no more heroes paradise?

#104 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Umvc is 29.97

Not according to some people (see OP); I probably should have had it price-checked to be sure, but I assumed that the $29.97 stickers on the copies I saw were possibly not updated to $19.97 yet.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#105 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6118 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks OP and posters; will check out a couple of the Sony stores when I'm in their area and see what I can find.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#106 yesan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Not according to some people (see OP); I probably should have had it price-checked to be sure, but I assumed that the $29.97 stickers on the copies I saw were possibly not updated to $19.97 yet.

Price-checked at the Sony Store at U Village Seattle last night and it was $29.97.

#107 Prota   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, I went to the one on Madison Ave in Manhattan. Great selection and very low key. Even had a great convo with one of the workers.

Picked up Shinobido, Lumines and KoFXIII. Oh, and a trigger grip for the Vita that's incredible.

Hey, did you, or anyone else who went to the store at Madison Ave, see Agarest War or Alice there?

#108 gedean   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Price-checked at the Sony Store at U Village Seattle last night and it was $29.97.

Same here, price checked UMvC at the Century City store in LA and it was still $29.97

#109 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   1858 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
XONE

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Just got back from the Sony store at the Wrentham outlets. Grabbed Blazblue for $19.97. Also saw Army Corps of Hell, Shinobido, and Lumines for $19.97. MvC was still $29.99. Also saw the Darkness 2 and Soul Caliber 5 for $20, and R&C A41 and Medievil Dedmjnds quest for $14.99. Wish I didn't just replace my car battery or I woulda grabbed SC5 and Shinibido as well. Will probably head back next week.

Anyone here play Shinibido or Army Corps of Hell yet and have opinions?

#110 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Same here, price checked UMvC at the Century City store in LA and it was still $29.97

Oof, my bad, then. I guess I won't consider it with the other three Vita titles I mentioned in my original post, though I would like any opinions as to which I should get, if any: Lumines, BlazBlue: CS Extend, or Shinobido 2. Read my earlier post for more info as to my thoughts on each.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#111 SpiceHustle29   The Cheapest Gamer! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

SpiceHustle29

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hey, did you, or anyone else who went to the store at Madison Ave, see Agarest War or Alice there?

Agarest I saw yesterday. They don't have Alice.

-Spice

#112 ishikokitsune   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ishikokitsune

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Sweet deal, thanks for the heads up. There's two Sony stores down in SoCal, but I'll probably hit the one at Fashion Valley in a few days. I'll see what they have.

#113 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

I just stopped by the Sony store in Fashion Valley and was pretty disappointed at what I found. There were a few of the Vita deals listed in the OP, but I had already bought several of them used from GoHastings so all I picked up was Army Corp of Hell (and only so I didn't leave completely empty-handed). Had hoped to get some of the PS3 games, but their selection (in the same case as the Vita games) was pretty poor.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#114 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

I think I'm taking a trip to the Madison Ave store tomorrow. Going to pick up some Vita games. Thanks for the info!

#115 Prota   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Agarest I saw yesterday. They don't have Alice.

-Spice

Thanks for the heads up. ^_^ Was really hoping for Alice, as I don't see myself playing Agarest for a long time. I already have a big backlog, and I'm in the middle of Xenoblade...I think I'm going to need a break from RPGs after that behemoth.

#116 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

BE SURE TO LOOK FOR/ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE A BASKET OF GAMES!

I asked her if the ones on the wall were all the PS3 games they had. They were not. Pointed me to the basket when I asked about more PSP games. Almost made me miss Medieval Moves!:twoguns:

KOF XIII with CD $19.97(marked $29.97. New to this series. Will check out more YouTube gameplay videos before I open it.)

Medieval Moves $14.97(Yes. I know it's been said as $11.98 on clearance at Target. After 5 Targets or so and full price, whatev.)

Mass Effect 2 $9.97

Yoostar 2 $4.97

MLB The Show 09 $2.97

Thanks for the thread, OP!:)

Edited by ChunLiBarbie, 12 May 2012 - 03:41 AM.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#117 Cabhills   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Was able to pick up Darkness II LE for 19.97 and Alice for 9.97 at the Tampa, FL Sony Store. They had a limited selection from what was at the wall of what I saw. Asked the guy if he could check on the computer if they had other marked downed games in stock and I was told what was on the wall is all they got. If anyone in the area wanted the vita games from the OP they did have those marked down with the orange sticker.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#118 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Was able to pick up Darkness II LE for 19.97 and Alice for 9.97 at the Tampa, FL Sony Store. They had a limited selection from what was at the wall of what I saw. Asked the guy if he could check on the computer if they had other marked downed games in stock and I was told what was on the wall is all they got. If anyone in the area wanted the vita games from the OP they did have those marked down with the orange sticker.

I bet they had a basket!:)

Chick told me the wall was all. Then, I saw more in the basket.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#119 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1275 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

BE SURE TO LOOK FOR/ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE A BASKET OF GAMES!

I asked her if the ones on the wall were all the PS3 games they had. They were not. Pointed me to the basket when I asked about more PSP games. Almost made me miss Medieval Moves!:twoguns:

KOF XIII with CD $19.97(marked $29.97. New to this series. Will check out more YouTube gameplay videos before I open it.)

Medieval Moves $14.97(Yes. I know it's been said as $11.98 on clearance at Target. After 5 Targets or so and full price, whatev.)

Infamous 2 $9.97

Yoostar 2 $4.97

MLB The Show 09 $2.97

Thanks for the thread, OP!:)

Infamous 2 $9.97?!? WTF Nice. Wish I asked about the price on that(hard to see price stickers on the wall form where I stand in front of register). Looks like I will be going back. Got Army Corps and Shinobido2 though. Thanks for the info!

#120 jmillion   Gaming is Therapeutic CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

jmillion

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Went into the Sony Store in on Madison Ave today

Blazblue,Army Corp, Dungeon Hunter,Lumines,Shinobido2 were $19.97
Umvc3 was $29.97 as per sticker. I didnt have them ring it up since i have already.
I had them try Virtua Tennis 4 and Fifa they came up at $40. I think Wipeout was $30. I bought Blazblue.
Posted Image