MineCraft 360 Edition $15 bestbuy.com (dead for now, might still work in stores)

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Minecra...02488&skuId=1000002489&st=minecraft&lp=1&cp=1

Cannot order it yet online, but you can preorder it in the store for $15, saves you $5.

"When I printed out the preorder ticket though, it said I would owe $15 at the register, instead of $20. It's priced the same on the website. Either pre-ordering it at the store or waiting to buy it when it is available on the website will net you a code given to you through e-mail tomorrow at some point. If you wait until tomorrow to buy it at the store, the code will be on your receipt and they will e-mail you the code as well, just in case."

See how long it lasts and if it'll be $15 on the website when it releases tonight at midnight instead of "coming soon." I won't be going to one tonight to try and preorder it, so if someone does, tell us your experience!

EDIT: Currently works in store and gives you the code right away, allowing you to download it as soon as you get home!
[quote name='URMonkeyTron']It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

You wanna know the best part?....... I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Still might work in stores as of today (May 9):
[quote name='vicious7171']I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M. I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']Can you play this with PC servers?[/QUOTE]

No. Separate development. It's Minecraft Lite.

[quote name='Gosha']Can you play this with PC servers?[/QUOTE]

No. Heard you can join random players' worlds. No servers. If host leaves, you leave and go back to yours.

[quote name='Trojann']If you buy this instore what do you get? Just a code?[/QUOTE]

You get a preorder ticket which you bring back tomorrow and get the code on your receipt, and it seems like they email it to you as well.

[quote name='dopehat']Don't think it's even that. It's just people on yer friends list.

For anyone who's interested here's a quick look from giant bomb

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/17-5953/[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are right.
I thought it was online (anyone can join you), invite only, friends only, and offline. Looks like it is just friends and offline. Not too bad for me, since I never played Minecraft before and will playing it splitscreen a lot of the time, which is why it appealed to me as a first time MineCraft player.

Source:
http://www.hookshotinc.com/minecraft-for-xbox-splitscreen-and-more/

"The game will support four-player local splitscreen and eight players over Xbox Live, and you can mix and match the splitscreen and online modes. Also, you can only play with people on your Friends List, so there’s no griefing from strangers."

Thats kinda cool i guess though, i know i have heard from people and friends about having awesome things destroyed by random strangers.

Atleast you wont have to worry about that nearly as much (Or if you did, you'll know who to rage at)

[quote name='Jcaugustine']So tempting... oh what the heck, will check it out at the store.

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

That's how i feel too.. mmmmmmm OK FINE I'LL GO CHECK IT OUT lol..

Thanks OP

It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.

I also saved a 1600 point card especially for this game so I almost bypassed this, until I remembered my spare $10 best buy gift card... oh dear. Looks like you saved me a ton of spacebucks, OP, thank you.

[quote name='URMonkeyTron']It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.[/QUOTE]

Oh dang, seriously? Gr...wish I didn't live so far. At least it is live and works for people who can get to one tonight!

[quote name='vantheman']What would be a good estimate as for what time this will come out tommorow?[/QUOTE]

If you're just looking to get this off Live, then things usually pop-up shortly after 2 am Pacific Time.

[quote name='staulcub']I just went to Best Buy and bought it and the activation code was on the receipt. I just downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I am currently in St. Lucia for vacation so I've been eyeing the "Coming Soon" on Bb.com for days now, lol...

I am in no rush to go out and get it tonight but I definitely will pick it up online once it goes live there for $5 less. Thanks for the heads up OP!

It should have been at this price to begin with. I was going to pass at 1600 but 1200 seems more reasonable. If its still this price at Best Buy tomorrow, I'll pick it up.

EDIT: Oh its available now...cool. Going down to BB in a bit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It should have been at this price to begin with. I was going to pass at 1600 but 1200 seems more reasonable. If its still this price at Best Buy tomorrow, I'll pick it up.

EDIT: Oh its available now...cool. Going down to BB in a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think I can change the title to include: "in stores now!" huh?

But hopefully the first post helps. I'll fix it up a bit so people know to go to the store now if they can.

[quote name='ShadowMillions']Yeah, I don't think I can change the title to include: "in stores now!" huh?

But hopefully the first post helps. I'll fix it up a bit so people know to go to the store now if they can.[/QUOTE]

You can, go to Edit and from there click on Advanced Edit on your original post. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You can, go to Edit and from there click on Advanced Edit on your original post. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir. Not many times is it I that is posting deals.

[quote name='RandomAlec']If I go buy the Minecraft code at BB right now is it $15 flat or is tax thrown on top as well?[/QUOTE]

I don't think digital merchandise can be taxed

Very tempted.

I'll just order online. By the time this goes on sale, it could easily drop to 15.00 instead of 10.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't think digital merchandise can be taxed[/QUOTE]

Varies by state. If you go into the GS TIV thread I think there's a list in there on what states charge tax and which don't with digital purchases.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']Just picked it up in Michigan, with tax.[/QUOTE]

Always tricky. Some states tax, others don't. Some stores do, some don't. I once bought a points card at BlockBuster, no tax. Went a month or so later, was taxed--Did not buy. Came back a week later, and it was not taxed. So who knows.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Varies by state. If you go into the GS TIV thread I think there's a list in there on what states charge tax and which don't with digital purchases.[/QUOTE]

Possible link please? I barely know what "GS TIV" stands for. :roll:

[quote name='MSUHitman']Varies by state. If you go into the GS TIV thread I think there's a list in there on what states charge tax and which don't with digital purchases.[/QUOTE]
That's right, can't believe I didn't remember that. I was part of a big conversation about it a few years back.

@randomalec. It's the GameStop trade in values thread.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Just picked up my copy, guy had to manually type it into the computer to get the game to ring up.

Edit: and mine was taxed

Lol. Was going to post "MSRP is not a deal", but then I remembered this game is insanely overpriced at $20.

Why am I tempted to buy this when I have little to no desire to play it? Cause it's probably not going to be less than this for a loong time, that's why. Hmm...

[quote name='geco17']for those who downloaded it already, it's not a big file is it? ~40 mb i'm guessing?[/quote]

113.21 mb

Is this even worth it? I mean, isn't the PC version more customizable? I've been interested in teh game, but don't want a watered down version.

bread's done
Back