Skyrim CE (X360) is available for store pickup for $59.99 at Best Buy

thank you, I missed the deal when it was posted earlier in the week, just submitted my order, hope it is in perfect condition

Damn, didn't want this to come back in stock.. Now I just had to order.

Guess I'll be in Hoarders in a couple of years at this rate.. :whistle2:#

...But thanks for the heads up! :D

[quote name='YBX87']thank you, I missed the deal when it was posted earlier in the week, just submitted my order, hope it is in perfect condition[/QUOTE]

Mine was shipped to me in a box with a label saying do not display until 11/11/2011. It seems like that's how the CE was originally shipped to BB. Hope you get a good copy too.:applause:

Just picked up mine at best buy, did ship to store for the ps3 version , didn't want my wife to know i had bought it. Box came in pristine condition and the extras are awesome. The book is heavy and feels expensive, the map is on canvas like paper*which is awesome too* just have to figure out how to take off the crease lines, and the dragon statue i thought would be heavier but no. Still its cool, my daughter like it and is scared of it at the same time. And she is having a lot of fun with the box lol. So if you have a two yr old they will enjoy the box.

[quote name='khartzfeld']Thanks OP. Why am I compelled to add to my backlog?[/QUOTE]

I'm also adding this to my backlog. Can't remotely imagine when will I ever get through all those games.

[quote name='Borellius'], didn't want my wife to know i had bought it. [/QUOTE]

LOL :lol:

This is a real good deal. Vanilla copies of Skyrim currently go for $40, I think, so you're getting a lot for only $20 extra. :cool:

[quote name='gundie']Mine was shipped to me in a box with a label saying do not display until 11/11/2011. It seems like that's how the CE was originally shipped to BB. Hope you get a good copy too.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Hey just like Bioshock 2 CE!

The game included inside -> is it sealed and does it have a "do not resale" marking on the back of the case art?

I already have a copy of the game and would only be interested in the extras.

[quote name='antlp89']The game included inside -> is it sealed and does it have a "do not resale" marking on the back of the case art?

I already have a copy of the game and would only be interested in the extras.[/QUOTE]

It's not a normal case. It's a cardboard case it's in.

Does anyone know if they spider lock these in store? I want to order one to pick up, but I don't want to deal with that kind of box damage those always leave.

[quote name='reininop']Does anyone know if they spider lock these in store? I want to order one to pick up, but I don't want to deal with that kind of box damage those always leave.[/QUOTE]
None have spider wire on them at either store by me. The boxes are beat to hell though.

[quote name='gundie']I'm also adding this to my backlog. Can't remotely imagine when will I ever get through all those games.[/QUOTE]

Just do what i do, i wanted to get a little caught up so i just played the game on easy and normal on some and still enjoyed the campaign. didn't do all the extra run around like trophy hunting i normally do and just postponed it until later, although it does bug me that i didn't get everything in the game. I passed 3 games like that in a week and a half . (took me that long because i had to stop playing to watch the basketball games, and go to work)

Ha Ha Ha , Skyrim didn't allow me to get within a mile of my backlog.
I thought I'd just give it a try the night I got it, just to see what it was like.....I didn't touch another game for the next 2 months.

[quote name='superhippy1986']DO NOT BUY! Do not buy Skyrim for the PS3. You will regret it so badly.[/QUOTE]

May I ask why? Turn off autosave and the freezing stops the updates have fixed all my broken quests. Some slowdown still exists but nothing bad enough to avoid the game all together.

[quote name='ritchardf']For those that already have the game trade in value is $21 plus 50% right now at best buy.[/QUOTE]
So BB accepts CE's of games? Cause I was planning on doing that but figured they wouldn't take it in cause it's not the standard Skyrim version.

[quote name='reininop']Does anyone know if they spider lock these in store? I want to order one to pick up, but I don't want to deal with that kind of box damage those always leave.[/QUOTE]

I've seen quite a few at nearby BB, and none of them has spider lock on it, but all of them are in terrible shape.

[quote name='eXiON']So BB accepts CE's of games? Cause I was planning on doing that but figured they wouldn't take it in cause it's not the standard Skyrim version.[/QUOTE]

Just trade in the disc, and keep everything else for yourself. They'll take the disc without a case.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Just trade in the disc, and keep everything else for yourself. They'll take the disc without a case.[/QUOTE]
Damn, no kidding? That won't lower the trade-in value from it because I'm missing the manual/case?

I'm a noob when it comes to video game trading, since I always felt they gave you ridiculous prices for brand new games. But the 50% + 10% GCU really evens it out.

Guess I'll put it in a paper sleeve and take it to BB and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, like you I rarely trade in games, but with Best Buys 50% extra trade deal, I've gotten rid of some dead weight.
I kept a couple of the cases, because some of these new Collectors Editions come with these cardboard cases, and that doesn't cut it for people who are constantly swapping games.

However, Skyrim pretty much stayed in the console the whole time.

[quote name='superhippy1986']DO NOT BUY! Do not buy Skyrim for the PS3. You will regret it so badly.[/QUOTE]
I've heard nothing but bad things about the PS3 version, there is no way I'd touch it either. Pulled the trigger on the 360 version though. I think it may finally sell out before it gets any cheaper than $60.

Picked up the 360 version since it came back in stock. I had held off before, figure I can sell the game and artbook on ebay and get the statue for virtually free.

I bought mine at launch and put in over 100 hours into the game, the only issues I had was framerate in towns, and they weren't even that bad.

Seems like people just like repeating what they heard on the internet.

On topic:
I just put in an order for the xbox version, I want to try the kinect stuff.

I'm tempted... but I'm not sure if I should really get it (as silly as that sounds). It seems as if a price drop was inevitable, as the case of all other large box collectors editions that we've seen before.

In any case, props to the OP for posting this. I'll try to make up my mind before it sells out lol.

Just received mine, it was beat up to absolute hell.

I usually get these CE's packaged in another box with the (DO NOT OPEN UNTIL XXXX). This one came in one of those silver shipping bags instead so I knew right off the bat It wasn't going to be pretty...

Well, I opened it up and all the corners are completely bent, the bottom of the box has all kinds of markings on it. There are tears all over the top, and when I pulled off the slipcover one of the flaps was torn up.

Out of the 6 CE's I've bought from them this was the first time I got this, I'm guessing because I purchased on the 2nd Batch they had going on. (Didn't purchase it the first time it was up on the Web).

Think I'm going to go to BB tomorrow and try and get another one, because it's in complete atrocious conditions.

I wonder how accurate BB is when it comes to their inventory, everywhere around me only has "Ship to Store".

And I'm not sure if I want a refund or not because I still do want that Alduin statue :p. What pisses me off is that the plastic seals were broken. Man, what to do.. the stuff inside is still worth well more than the $60 I paid. Decisions decisions..

[quote name='eXiON']I wonder how accurate BB is when it comes to their inventory, everywhere around me only has "Ship to Store".

And I'm not sure if I want a refund or not because I still do want that Alduin statue :p. What pisses me off is that the plastic seals were broken. Man, what to do.. the stuff inside is still worth well more than the $60 I paid. Decisions decisions..[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that BB inventory system is definitely not accurate. Last week I walked into a nearby BB, saw a skyrim CE for X360, and Gears of War 3 Epic edition on the shelf. But when I checked online, said they don't have any.

[quote name='gundie']I can tell you that BB inventory system is definitely not accurate. Last week I walked into a nearby BB, saw a skyrim CE for X360, and Gears of War 3 Epic edition on the shelf. But when I checked online, said they don't have any.[/QUOTE]

Has to be 3 or more in stock to show on tracker.

[quote name='eXiON']I wonder how accurate BB is when it comes to their inventory, everywhere around me only has "Ship to Store".

And I'm not sure if I want a refund or not because I still do want that Alduin statue :p. What pisses me off is that the plastic seals were broken. Man, what to do.. the stuff inside is still worth well more than the $60 I paid. Decisions decisions..[/QUOTE]

I'd take it in to the store and show the manager,
Tell them how you really wanted it and how hard they are to come by, and who knows, maybe they'll knock 10-20% off, or maybe give you a gift card.

You're right, it's still worth the $60, so if everything inside is OK, thats really all that matters.
.....although, I do keep the box to sit the gaming TV on.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll be sure to check tomorrow and see if they have any in-stock.

If it comes to worse, I'll just keep it and throw away the box. (Since I don't even know where the hell I'll put this one anyways .)

is this a permanent price drop since BB and Gamestop have it at the same price?
I checked amazon and it is still $100

is it possible that they will announce a permanent price drop at E3?

[quote name='eXiON']This one came in one of those silver shipping bags instead so I knew right off the bat It wasn't going to be pretty...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine showed up like this too, same packaging. Everything inside is fine though and since i'm not planning on reselling this or displaying the giant box somewhere, i'm not too worried about. The artbook and statue are pretty nice. Good deal for $60 IMO.

[quote name='eXiON']Thanks for the tips guys, I'll be sure to check tomorrow and see if they have any in-stock.

If it comes to worse, I'll just keep it and throw away the box. (Since I don't even know where the hell I'll put this one anyways .)[/QUOTE]

If you live in a small apartment, it looks like the size of a dining room table, at least it looked that way in the unboxing videos. :cool:

Just thought I'd chime in my ship to store experience with the Skyrim CE. Took about a week for the pickup to be ready. When I went to pick it up, to my surprise the box was in perfect condition, easily the best I had ever seen compared to the in store stock.

Yeah went to BB today and they told me they didn't have any at that store, but that the store (20 minutes away) did.

Not worth it for me, especially since the box is pretty damn big so it's going in the trash, truly a sad moment... Although I guess I could take captpluto9465's suggestion and use it as a coffee table? \\:D/

was all excited to get this for only $17 with some gift cards I have, got home and the right wing is curled up, not straight like in tall the photos, there isn't any damage, it's as though it had been put under high heat and started folding up. Back to BB, at least they had another but have to go through the pain in the ass of taking it apart and showing some dumbass CSR what is wrong with it.

[quote name='RoMee']I bought mine at launch and put in over 100 hours into the game, the only issues I had was framerate in towns, and they weren't even that bad.

Seems like people just like repeating what they heard on the internet.

On topic:
I just put in an order for the xbox version, I want to try the kinect stuff.[/QUOTE]

why buy a version where there are confirmed problems, when you can buy one that doesn't have them? Well, 360 versions still a bit buggy but not as game breaking as the PS3.Actually, Bethisda seems to suck with the PS3. I seem to recall Obvlivion had problems on the PS3 at launch too.

Anyway, about this deal.. damnit I still havent even played my copy that i got around launch, now this is down to 60 bucks? So tempted to just snag it. Im assuming these didn't sell so well. What exactly does it have other than the little dragon statue?

[quote name='Kenshindono']why buy a version where there are confirmed problems, when you can buy one that doesn't have them? Well, 360 versions still a bit buggy but not as game breaking as the PS3.Actually, Bethisda seems to suck with the PS3. I seem to recall Obvlivion had problems on the PS3 at launch too.

Anyway, about this deal.. damnit I still havent even played my copy that i got around launch, now this is down to 60 bucks? So tempted to just snag it. Im assuming these didn't sell so well. What exactly does it have other than the little dragon statue?[/QUOTE]
a really nice art book and a DVD disk (havent put it in yet so Im not sure whats on it). The dragon statue isnt very "little" also, its pretty big

Yeah, the statue is quite large. It's taller than the Reach statue, and nearly as wide.
I think the Artbook is the gem of the set though. It could easily be $30-$40 at a
bookstore.
The DVD is pretty good. It's you standard 'making of' DVD. I thought it was rather short however. I guess because the game is so big, I was expecting a bigger production.

bread's done
Back