Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
gearsjudgement.png
I'll update this post as more data surfaces, currently all we can go on is
on what Gameinformer has given us:

The new installment in Epic's billion-dollar franchise is Gears of War: Judgment. The July cover of Game Informer shows series mainstay Damon Baird shackled as the Locust hordes rage around him. Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, soldier and world-famous Thrashball player, dons our second cover image in the same precarious situation. Check out both of the beautiful covers below, keep an eye out for the issue in your mailbox and on newsstands, and check back Monday for more information on Gears of War: Judgment's multiplayer mode. On Monday we'll launch our Gears of War: Judgment hub, along with a coverage trailer for all the exclusive Gears content you have to look forward to throughout July.
cvr-a-1280full.jpg

cvr-b-1280full.jpg

From the look of Baird and Cole's younger look, its pretty safe to assume that this will be a prequel. Its too soon to see if this will be part of a new trilogy or just a spin-off. It's already been confirmed that Bulletstorm's developers People Can Fly is involved with this one.

Extended trailer, and get Bairds goggles for your avatar free:

Extended Trailer

http://youtu.be/vBwB5JBMILA

http://www.facebook.com/gearsofwar/app_313854865355714

Facebook required!
thumblg.png

Avatar items available for Gears of War Judgement:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/AvatarMarketplace?Game=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530a26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxI839tVRwo

wChr_Baird.jpg
wChr_Cole.jpg

wChr_Garron.jpg
wChr_Sofia.jpg
Engineer - Damon Baird
Weapons: Gnasher and Blowtorch
Baird comes equipped with a sentry turret, which can be deployed near fortifications for an extra line of defense. If Tickers are causing trouble for your fences, the engineer’s blowtorch will get them back into top shape. An essential class if you plan on keeping your fortifications up for any significant amount of time.
Q-Tip: Are enemy Grenadiers throwing frag grenades at your e-hole? Not a problem for the Mechanic’s sentry turret. Throw one down and watch it shoot those grenades out of the sky.

Soldier - Augustus Cole
Weapons: Lancer and Boomshot
If you tend to stay on the offense during rounds of multiplayer, the soldier class will make you feel right at home. Armed with a lancer and boomshot, Cole is great for sawing Grenadiers in half at close range or blowing up crowds of tickers at range. This class isn’t all about racking up a high kill count, however, as the ability to throw ammo crates can make him an important addition to the team effort.
Q-Tip: The soldier can be paired with an engineer to create a formidable defensive position. Toss the ammo crate next to a Mechanic as he repairs fortifications to give him infinite blowtorch fuel.

Scout - Garron Paduk
Weapons: Longshot and Snub Pistol
As the only COG class to have access to special elevated positions, the scout is the perfect pick if you want a better viewpoint of the enemy’s tactics. You’ll be able to make your team aware of which direction the Locust are headed, and your tag beacon ability will point out their exact locations to every fellow COG. Staying up high and sniping is a solid tactic, but be ready to call out to your medic and soldier teammates if you’re in need of a revive or more ammo.
Q-Tip: Increase your odds at getting that glorious headshot by using the tag beacon to line up shots on targets before they turn a corner. Surprise!!

Medic - Sofia Hendricks
Weapons: Lancer and Snub Pistol
Many multiplayer games feature weak medics who exist mainly for support purposes. While Judgment’s medic certainly helps the team effort with her stim gas and revive ability, she still packs the firepower of a lancer. Whether she’s healing the team in the midst of a firefight or unloading a few dozen rounds into a Grenadier, Sofia is a massive help to the COG cause in OverRun.
Q-Tip: Just because you’re a Medic doesn’t mean that you can’t be lethal. Make yourself hard to kill by preemptively deploying stim gas and do battle from within its healing fumes.

Locusts:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/06/08/tips-and-info-for-gears-of-war-judgment-s-overrun-classes.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Hands on with Overrun Mode:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/06/04/hands-on-with-gears-of-war-judgment-39-s-overrun-mode.aspx

More to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
oh shit a giant statue god with a sword in the background fighting the humans
this is turning into god of war

This made E3 2012 way more interesting for me. I'm curious if its a prequel or if its People Can Roy's own take on the character models, making them a little more lean and less wore out. Either way, I'm there!!

[quote name='GUNNM']oh shit a giant statue god with a sword in the background fighting the humans
this is turning into god of war[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Wow so much for waiting until monday to see the covers. But they do say the game has multiplayer. God i hope so bad its old school gears, and not like Gears 3. It would be so sweet to have update smooth movements like Gears 3 but with Gears 1-2 style. I mean we still have Gears 3 MP for those who enjoy that type, give us hardcore fans something.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From the look of Baird and Cole's younger look, its pretty safe to assume that this will be a sequel. [/QUOTE]

Yep. As time goes on, people get younger.

[quote name='Trakan']Yep. As time goes on, people get younger.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. By the time they get to the 7th game it will just be them in diapers and it will be a babysitting sim.

I read some stuff from allegedly leaked scans of the GI article. The campaign follows Kilo Squad (Baird, Cole, and two new characters named Garron Paduk and Sophia Hendricks). There's some freedom to make choices that affect the narrative, and there's apparently some kind of Director-like AI system that changes enemy spawns each time you play.

Multiplayer is class based.

I do not have high hopes for this game unless it is different from GoW3. Here is my review of GoW3 and he developer as a whole:
--------------------------
The problem is that they changed so much in the mp that didn't need changing.

Retro lancer/ Sawed Off were 2 additions that added nothing but the new "Don't aim-get free kills" playstyle. Then they remove any possibility of run and gun shotgunning with the hugely buffed rifles. Apparently corner camping is the new fun, despite disagreement from fans online. Let me remind you that shotgun battling is what made GoW1 and GoW2 very fun despite massive game bugs, glitches, and lag. They fixed all of those things, and bring dedi severs to the table, but remove the fun gameplay which overruled the huge game development problems they had before.

The maps have way too many exits and entrances. Team deathmatch balance ruined several maps, because this is not even a TDM style game. TDM was not in the GoW series, instead were non respawn types such as Execution/Warzone, and even Guardian.

They then go and delete Guardian, because it's "unnecessary", alienating a large percentage of their fans. They replace it with Capture the Leader which is "way better." The proof they have for this? 0 players in CTL playlist. Yep, must be so much better that noone even wants to play it. It somehow takes them 4 DLCs to realize their mistake, and on the 4th DLC the gametype is released if you pay for it, and can't even be played competitively or privately. Nice.

That's cool! What else... Oh, pay an additional $50 for weapon skins already on the disc. SWEET! Their defense? "If they weren't on the disc noone could see them :(." Oh, that's cool bud. You are saying I should definitely spend $50 on weapon skins, it literally is not possible to include them in the $60 full price of the game?

The map packs were one thing I would pay for, but GoW 2 offered better quality DLC in my opinion. They clutter the DLC with characters and skins rather than quality, balanced maps.

Achievements in this game are by far the most absurd I have ever seen. Gears of War 2 had one difficult achievement called "Seriously 2.0" which required like 2 million kills. The result? Grind one level repeatedly for hours and hours until the kills are met. For one achievement, excessive grinding might be ok. But in Gow3, they make like 10 achievements, which are all Seriously 2.0 on crack. There is literally no way anyone could legitimately get the achievements. People have to leave their Xbox on and idle boost, boost online, boost with modded/turbo controllers to actually get these impossible and ridiculous achievements. FUN!

Disagree with me if you want, but unless serious changes come into play, this is just another ruined franchise. The game should be called Gears of Warfare 4.
---------------------------
Edit: The single player of the series has always been decent, not going to complain there. If anyone is actually interested in the story, it is pretty interesting, and GoW3 actually answers 0 questions about the origin of the Locust. A prequel would hopefully answer the questions of who Queen Myrrah is, and how the Locust came to be what they are.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I read some stuff from allegedly leaked scans of the GI article. The campaign follows Kilo Squad (Baird, Cole, and two new characters named Garron Paduk and Sophia Hendricks). There's some freedom to make choices that affect the narrative, and there's apparently some kind of Director-like AI system that changes enemy spawns each time you play.

Multiplayer is class based.[/QUOTE]

From IGN:

Baird, Cole, Garron, and Sofia -- the four members of Gears of War: Judgment's Kilo Squad -- have been "charged for treason because they didn't follow orders, stole equipment, and their actions could end up killing millions of people they swore to protect," an anonymous source told IGN.

This is the premise of Judgment, and the crux of the trailer debuting at Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday, June 4, where we'll learn officially that the next Gears of War is a prequel to the first game.

Baird and Cole look younger in Judgment because Kilo Squad was only around during the two years following Emergence Day, as far as the Gears of War novel Coalition's End is concerned. E-Day happened 14 years before the first Gears of War, which puts us more than a decade behind Epic's original Gears game, giving us the opportunity to watch their delightful relationship develop. It also leaves Judgment open to introduce a young Marcus Fenix before he gets thrown in the clink for desertion.

Two people new to the Gears canon join Baird and Cole, but we'll need to wait for Monday's E3 trailer to learn more about who they are, how they're connected to these guys, and what role they play in Kilo's treason.

I agree kirby. If the MP is gears 3 with additional stuff i will be really disappointed. The rumor of having classes just makes me feel like they are moving even more in the direction of turning gears into call of duty. Unless the classes are based on the horde vs beast mode. I can see someone being cole with boom, or anya with mortar, and those being classes. But i hope they do have a normal vs mode that is more like gears 1 and/or 2. I know i keep saying it, lol i want the old gears back. The game that made me fall in love with it.

While I agree with some of the above, just note that Seriously 2.0 only required 100,000 kills. 2,000,000 would have been monstrous overkill. I still believe Seriously... to be the worst due to the leaderboards not being accurate, and no fix was ever made for it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Multiplayer is class based.[/QUOTE]

Changing the multiplayer concerns me. It did not work in Halo: Reach, and this is the 4th game in the series. I understand trying new ideas, but completely renovating the multiplayer does not work. You divide your fanbase to try and grab other people, but that always backfires. I want like has been noted; similar style to Gears of War, with one life per round, smooth movements and animations, and a cover system that matters.

I believe the assault rifle power increase made sense. Shotgun rushing is an absurdly stupid tactic to encourage, as there is no reason to start players with an assault rifle if it does no effective damage, especially for ranged combat. The game is cover based, so it makes sense that if you're not using cover you'll be downed or killed. I want that game back. I want a game that makes you work to like it, where tactics and teamwork truly matter. And I still do not understand the point of the sawed-off shotgun; if they're close enough to shoot with that, they're close enough to hit with the Gnasher.

I want Horde to offer a Classic Mode in the setup that gives more XP. Remove the Silverback New Horde, or offer it to all 5 players. I want people who idle boost in any public matches, Competitive, Horde or Campaign, to be banned from the game after 3 strikes. Idling is 30 seconds of not moving, moving in one direction only (either stick), or constantly hitting one button (weapon swaps, trigger, roll button, running into a wall). I want people who intentionally suicide in games, ruining matches, to be banned after 2 strikes. Intentional suicides are people who do it repeatedly in games, draining lives, or weapons, shooting at the floor, at teammates, at pillars, just to die in order to get credit for a match. If you get a negative score in the game more than once a night, your rank should reset. I'm tired of assholes ruining a game I've paid twice for (game and Live) to play, and the only response is, if I have video proof of it, they'll look into it. I want this game to weed out worthless players.

I want a permanent stranded playlist, which offers more XP. I want classic characters lips to move. I want Cole to look like he did in Gears of War and 2, not the plastic surgery Cole face. It's a prequel, so his old face should be presented. I want smug Baird in this game, not soft Baird that was in Gears of War 3. I want few weapons skins, with only legitimate legacy unlocks offered. I want my weapon skins to actually mean something. Excess skins means no one cares what your skin is, which insults the point of legacy unlocks.

And please, can you actually try to have a coherent story in this game. Really, I know it's a video game, not literature, but I'd like to at least be interested in the characters and the outcome of the story, and not just be skipping cutscenes on my second play-through. After playing Bulletstorm, I don't have high hopes for a decent story, but it can't be that hard to make an interesting 'war story.'

If anyone has the leaked scans of the article please pm me them. Looks like they are passing it around on the epic forums, in the sticky thread about judgment. But since im banned i cant ask for it. Hope this isnt against forum rules?

I got this info from epic games forum. ... i really hope horde vs beast isnt the only MP mode in the game. Im not really looking forward to playing that. I barely play horde or beast in gears 3 as it is. I guess it could be fun. :/

Ok heres what we got for MP. It's class based, Locust classes wretches, tickers, kantus , Grenadier mauler blood mounts, corpses and serapedes.

Cog classes are as follows.

Baird-engineer=Weapons: gnasher and blowtorch,Special abilities: sentry turret, tip: blowtorch repairs damaged fortifications
Cole-Soldier= lancer and boomshot, deploy ammo crates, toss amo to engineer to give him infinite blowtorch ammo
sofia- medic= lancer and snub pistol, stim gas gernade, toss gernade at downed allies to revive them
garron-scout= longshot and snub, beacon gernade, climb perches for better sniping leverage

And of ourse overrun mode - cog vs locust. similar to DOTA or Team Fortress or at least takes a mod from.
Kilo Squad bios:

Augustus Cole:
A former Thrash Ball player turned soldier the "Cole Train" became famous in Sera for his on-feild performance and boisterous demeanour. Cole met Baird soon after enlisting, and the two quickly became best friends.

Garron Paduk:
A miltia refuge from the Union of Independent Republics. Garron comes from the other side of The Pendulum Wars. He brings a new perspective and brush personality to Kilo. Garron is the devil on Baird's shoulder that say's "Let's blow stuff up."

Sophia Hendricks:
A cadet from the onyx guard academy, she is more in line with colonel loomis by the book approach to combat. E-day halted her path to graduation from the academy, but she is still worth the soldier. She is the opposite of Garron, ready to suggest informing superior officers of every deviation from protocol.
Locust - OverRun mode

Wretch
Role: Leap over hazards, clim perches.
Special Ability: Stunning scream.
Tip: Travel in packs and stagger screams for maximum stunnig power.

Ticker
Role: Eat fortifications, eat grenades, detonate.
Special Ability: Speed boost.
Tip: Can be kicked over barriers by grenadiers.

Kantus
Role: Hammerburst rifle, heal friendly units, ride bloodmounts.
Special Ability: Chain heal.
Tip: Support valuable units like Corpser and Mauler with healing.

Grenadier
Role: Lancer rifle, ride Bloodmounts.
Special Ability: Frag Grenade.
Tip: Throw grenade at COG turret to cause deadly explosion near enemies.

Bloodmount
Role: Melee enemies/fortifications, be ridden by Grenadier and Kantus.
Special Ability: Halve the cooldown time on rider's special ability (passive)
Tip: Carry a mounted Kantus behind cover while his heal recharges.

Mauler
Role: Devastate fortifications and COG soldiers with flail and shield.
Special Ability: Spinning spike shield.
Tip: Aim the reticle at enemies while shield spins to deflect bullets back at COGs.

Serapede
Role: Eat through barriers, destory COGs, ranged support.
Special Ability: Spit poison.
Tip: Have two Serapedes overlap to protect one another's vulnerable rears.

Corpser
Role: Demolish fortifications and COGs with heavy melee.
Special Ability: Burrow and move underground.
Tip: Armored legs reduce damage from the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Ebbtide']While I agree with some of the above, just note that Seriously 2.0 only required 100,000 kills. 2,000,000 would have been monstrous overkill. I still believe Seriously... to be the worst due to the leaderboards not being accurate, and no fix was ever made for it.

[/QUOTE]
23k kills for me to unlock seriously... :bouncy:

[quote name='The Ebbtide']While I agree with some of the above, just note that Seriously 2.0 only required 100,000 kills. 2,000,000 would have been monstrous overkill. I still believe Seriously... to be the worst due to the leaderboards not being accurate, and no fix was ever made for it.

Changing the multiplayer concerns me. It did not work in Halo: Reach, and this is the 4th game in the series. I understand trying new ideas, but completely renovating the multiplayer does not work. You divide your fanbase to try and grab other people, but that always backfires. I want like has been noted; similar style to Gears of War, with one life per round, smooth movements and animations, and a cover system that matters.

I believe the assault rifle power increase made sense. Shotgun rushing is an absurdly stupid tactic to encourage, as there is no reason to start players with an assault rifle if it does no effective damage, especially for ranged combat. The game is cover based, so it makes sense that if you're not using cover you'll be downed or killed. I want that game back. I want a game that makes you work to like it, where tactics and teamwork truly matter. And I still do not understand the point of the sawed-off shotgun; if they're close enough to shoot with that, they're close enough to hit with the Gnasher.

I want Horde to offer a Classic Mode in the setup that gives more XP. Remove the Silverback New Horde, or offer it to all 5 players. I want people who idle boost in any public matches, Competitive, Horde or Campaign, to be banned from the game after 3 strikes. Idling is 30 seconds of not moving, moving in one direction only (either stick), or constantly hitting one button (weapon swaps, trigger, roll button, running into a wall). I want people who intentionally suicide in games, ruining matches, to be banned after 2 strikes. Intentional suicides are people who do it repeatedly in games, draining lives, or weapons, shooting at the floor, at teammates, at pillars, just to die in order to get credit for a match. If you get a negative score in the game more than once a night, your rank should reset. I'm tired of assholes ruining a game I've paid twice for (game and Live) to play, and the only response is, if I have video proof of it, they'll look into it. I want this game to weed out worthless players.

I want a permanent stranded playlist, which offers more XP. I want classic characters lips to move. I want Cole to look like he did in Gears of War and 2, not the plastic surgery Cole face. It's a prequel, so his old face should be presented. I want smug Baird in this game, not soft Baird that was in Gears of War 3. I want few weapons skins, with only legitimate legacy unlocks offered. I want my weapon skins to actually mean something. Excess skins means no one cares what your skin is, which insults the point of legacy unlocks.

And please, can you actually try to have a coherent story in this game. Really, I know it's a video game, not literature, but I'd like to at least be interested in the characters and the outcome of the story, and not just be skipping cutscenes on my second play-through. After playing Bulletstorm, I don't have high hopes for a decent story, but it can't be that hard to make an interesting 'war story.'[/QUOTE]Main reason I will not like ranged weapons in a 3rd person shooter is corner camping... and camping in general. Anyone who enjoyed the Gears series from Gears 1 or 2 and loved it did so because the shotgun was amazing. Wall bouncing and hip firing the shotgun was basically giving any player with skill super powers. In a game with so many bugs and problems I don't know who really found enjoyment in sitting behind a corner and lancering people... When the rifles were garbage anyway.If you are new to the series I guess I can understand.

Still, the Sawed off and Retro Lancer are unskilled garbage from the start, and they even acknowledged that unskilled garbage should be in their game for new players who don't want to learn basic things like cover, swat turns, wall bounce, rolling, left hand advantage.... Things which take a week to learn and increase the fun of the game.

Learn how to press "A button" properly? NO!!! RUN STRAIGHT INTO ENEMY PRESS R FREE KILL SAWED OFF.

Halo Reach was not a good direction for Bungie to take. I got a few hours of fun out of the multiplayer, but nothing in comparison to Halo 3.

As far as the Gears story, I find it interesting (Human-Locust interaction), and I will agree the games do not do a fantastic job at telling it. I've read into the actual story on the forums etc and like it. I want to know who Myrrah really is, and more of the Locust. But as far as Delta Squad and the main characters go they are boring to me. Other than a few short scenes we really have no character development for Cole and Baird up until now. Baird can fix a truck, Cole can shoot Locust in the head and play football. Wow, that's deep- not. Dom's story was probably the best of the main squad's, even if it wasn't executed perfectly it had the most emotion and length to it.

Just read over at Neogaf that the Y button is now the button to switch weapons, like COD. Also LB is to throw a nade. So i guess they are making the controls more FPS style. That doesnt turn me on really. Im starting to get the feeling that this game is gunna be cheap DLC on disc. Short campaign, beast vs horde, and thats about it. :/

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just read over at Neogaf that the Y button is now the button to switch weapons, like COD. Also LB is to throw a nade. So i guess they are making the controls more FPS style. That doesnt turn me on really. Im starting to get the feeling that this game is gunna be cheap DLC on disc. Short campaign, beast vs horde, and thats about it. :/[/QUOTE]
Like ODST. Short campaign some new mode and all of the maps for the previous title. I don't mind more gears is always fun I just hope this isn't a new MP but somehow integrates into 3

[quote name='GUNNM']Like ODST. Short campaign some new mode and all of the maps for the previous title. I don't mind more gears is always fun I just hope this isn't a new MP but somehow integrates into 3[/QUOTE]

Yup...and ditto!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Its most likely sophia hendrix... with cole, baird, and Garron Paduk[/QUOTE]
I've never read the books but does cole and baird go to jail in one of them?

[quote name='The 7th Number']saw this photo on neogaf.... prob a scan from the GI mag. Hope this isnt against forum rules... if it is i can remove it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m520ifDyQo1rnrq4so1_1280.jpg[/QUOTE]
It sure looks like Gears, down to the font and everything. :) I'm surprised that Sophia seems to be the one controlled by the player. Co-op screenshot, or can you choose to control someone other than Baird? That would make sense if they all have different abilities.

[quote name='The 7th Number']saw this photo on neogaf.... prob a scan from the GI mag. Hope this isnt against forum rules... if it is i can remove it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m520ifDyQo1rnrq4so1_1280.jpg[/QUOTE]
That looks more like Gears of War than Gears of War 3 did. I know it's one image, but at least they wearing armor. Did the place you got that from say if that was from 4 player campaign? Curious if we'll actually play as Baird and Cole in the lead 2 player slots, or if the two new characters are the leads.

I still don't understand how Y switches weapons, as Gears of War always had 4 options. Is the pistol completely removed? Are they using the control pad for a whole new control setup in game. Maybe they'll actually design a working Tac/Com. I assume nobody remembers that from Gears of War, since it wasn't used in the sequels. It'd be great if People Can Fly could take from other 3rd person tactical shooters like GRAW or Mass Effect and have the control pad give team or character specific commands. I'm hoping that's why they'd isolate Y as the weapon button, to free up the control pad for more sophisticated control.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']That looks more like Gears of War than Gears of War 3 did. I know it's one image, but at least they wearing armor. Did the place you got that from say if that was from 4 player campaign? Curious if we'll actually play as Baird and Cole in the lead 2 player slots, or if the two new characters are the leads.

I still don't understand how Y switches weapons, as Gears of War always had 4 options. Is the pistol completely removed? Are they using the control pad for a whole new control setup in game. Maybe they'll actually design a working Tac/Com. I assume nobody remembers that from Gears of War, since it wasn't used in the sequels. It'd be great if People Can Fly could take from other 3rd person tactical shooters like GRAW or Mass Effect and have the control pad give team or character specific commands. I'm hoping that's why they'd isolate Y as the weapon button, to free up the control pad for more sophisticated control.[/QUOTE]

I got it from neogaf, and all they said about it was "Dat hair" LOL. But her hair does look nice. Hopefully it flows properly in the game.

To switch to your pistol you hold Y, to switch lancer/gansher you tap Y, i guess it how it works. The 4th option was the frag which now is just LB. Doesnt seem too complicated, and it might make frags easier to throw since you dont really have to select them and then try to toss them. But i really didnt think there was a big problem using the Dpad.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got it from neogaf, and all they said about it was "Dat hair" LOL. But her hair does look nice. Hopefully it flows properly in the game.

To switch to your pistol you hold Y, to switch lancer/gansher you tap Y, i guess it how it works. The 4th option was the frag which now is just LB. Doesnt seem too complicated, and it might make frags easier to throw since you dont really have to select them and then try to toss them. But i really didnt think there was a big problem using the Dpad.[/QUOTE]
So the pistol swap sounds like they had it in the most recent Medal of Honor game. That wasn't too weird to get used to, just unique... And I'd assume that holding down LB gives the bolo-grenade trajectory.

I hope they're implementing something new to the D-Pad then, something more tactical, like I posted earlier. Or if they had it like the X-Men Legends or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games where you could tap the D-Pad to swap characters. Would make the single player more effective if when you were downed you could switch to one of the other active characters to keep fighting, or revive your previous character.

I don't know what's worse; my speculating, or that some gamers see a game image and instead are aroused by digital hair. And the new guy skin remind me of the Adam Fenix skin for multiplayer. Hopefully he doesn't make the old man groans with each movement like Adam did.

I only hope they removed or seriously disabled/nerfed the shotgun so I can enjoy MP again.

Who am I kidding, It would be more realistic to hope for the moon to turn to chocolate tomorrow.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I only hope they removed or seriously disabled/nerfed the shotgun so I can enjoy MP again.

Who am I kidding, It would be more realistic to hope for the moon to turn to chocolate tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

In Gears 3, Epic did virtually everything they can to eliminate the Gnasher. The maps are all clearly designed for rifle play, the sawed off owns the Gnasher in close range and in medium range, the retro lancer beats the Gnasher as well.

Honestly, the only things I want in Judgement is to have the Retro Lancer and Sawed Off completely removed(or make a casual playlist where they can be used), make the maps dark and more close quarters, and then design the maps around Execution/Warzone and not Team Deathmatch.

Complaining about shotguns in gears of war? What? It wasn't until GOW 3 is when people used other weapons besides gnashers

[quote name='thrustbucket']I only hope they removed or seriously disabled/nerfed the shotgun so I can enjoy MP again.[/QUOTE]

By shotgun you mean sawed off? Because i dont know how you enjoyed any of the games in the past if you meant gnasher. Gears 3 is the best game to counter gnasher players. If you mean sawed off, there were people already saying they seen pics from the GI mag that showed a SOS. I am just hoping thats in Overrun mode only. Honestly i dont think this game will have a standard vs mode, and if it does it will just add onto Gears 3, ODST style.

We will find out tomorrow!

[quote name='thrustbucket']I only hope they removed or seriously disabled/nerfed the shotgun so I can enjoy MP again.

Who am I kidding, It would be more realistic to hope for the moon to turn to chocolate tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, am with you... the Gnasher was ridiculously overpowered in Gears 2, and not much better in Gears 3. Yeah, 7th Number, I hear you already typing your rebuttal, but we all have our opinions and you and I disagree!

[quote name='DJP519']I, for one, am with you... the Gnasher was ridiculously overpowered in Gears 2, and not much better in Gears 3. Yeah, 7th Number, I hear you already typing your rebuttal, but we all have our opinions and you and I disagree![/QUOTE]

LOL okay since you already here me typing i have to comment. If Gears didnt have a gnasher it wouldnt be unique. Taking it away would be ripping the heart out of gears. Im not even that great with the gnasher but its the gun i like to use most. Probably because its the most satisfying gun to get a kill with. Popping someones head off, or just blowing them into pieces. It sure beats killing them with a rifle, that you can do in pretty much any other shooter.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I still don't understand how Y switches weapons, as Gears of War always had 4 options. Is the pistol completely removed?[/QUOTE]
Tap Y to switch between the two primary weapons, hold to switch to pistol. LB for grenade.

[quote name='GUNNM']Complaining about shotguns in gears of war? What? It wasn't until GOW 3 is when people used other weapons besides gnashers[/QUOTE]

Exactly why Gears 3 has been my favorite of the series.

The Gnasher is 100% the reason why I love this series so much. It takes genuine skill(most of the time) to be good with it and win battles. Honestly, is there anything more satisfying in any game than blowing someone's head off that is trying to wall bounce in a 1 vs 1 situation to win the game? I don't think.

more from neogaf...

Gears of War 2 introduced Horde Mode, Gears of War 3 introduced Beast Mode, and now Judgement, the latest in the series will introduce a combination of the two, Overrun.

Overrun introduces a concept not yet seen in a Gears of War game. Class based combat, but OverRun will also offer players progression and impose a stronger emphasis on teamwork and strategy. The game mode consists of two timed five versus five rounds, where one side defends a pair of objectives from the opposing side. Obviously the two sides are the Locust and the COG. As the COG, you’ll be protecting two sealed Emergence Holes and a Hammer of Dawn beacon. If you successfully defend the Hammer of Dawn, the round will end, blowing the Locust to smithereens. If the Locust reach the Emergence Holes and uncover them however, the COG are ripped to shreds by a flood of Kryll.

For those of you who are confused by the change in developer, this is still the same Gears of War you know and love, it’s still a third person shooter, same cover mechanics and essentially the same gameplay. I say essentially because the game offers even more action than ever before. If you’re interested in story details, please check Only SP’s article for those.

The classes will be described below in bullet form so you can compare more easily.

• Baird-Engineer (Weapons: gnasher and blowtorch, Special abilities: sentry turret, blowtorch that repairs damaged fortifications)
  • Cole-Soldier (Lancer and Boomshot, deploy ammo crates, share ammo with engineers)
  • Sofia-Medic (Lancer and Snub pistol, stim gas grenade, revives fallen allies)
  • Garron-Scout (Longshot and snub, beacon grenade, climb perches for better sniping position)
The article describes two of the maps from the hands-on demo the team at Gameinformer got to play OverRun on. One map is set atop city rooftops and the other on a militarized island. From the description of the map from the rooftops, it sounds like it may be similar to the Rooftops map from Gears of War 1, but obviously more complex in nature, offering ventilation shafts for Tickers and more chokepoints. The island map is described as being much more “open”, with a central battlefield in the middle of the map.

As we said earlier, OverRun will offer progression for yourself, but this progression system will also expand to leveling up single characters as well. The article explains that you can level up a Ticker, for example, to become a more powerful one, or level up the medic and so on. They did not go into specifics about this progression system just yet though.

There are plenty more details in the Gameinformer article for you to read when the issue lands on your doorstep/inbox. The full article describes part of a mission from their hands on time with the game, as well as their impressions from multiplayer. One quote we will share with you however, should give you more hope in the game and relax fans that are worried about the game.

With a high-tension campaign that aims to trim the narrative fat while funneling in tons of enemies and a multiplayer mode that combines the best part of past Gears titles, Epic is set to deliver the definitive entry in the Gears of War series. Giving players new innovative challenges means shaking off the thin layer of rust and dried blood that’s formed on the series over the last six years, and some fans may feel threatened by the change. We spent hours familiarizing ourselves with the series’ new overall direction, and Epic’s prequel is shaking up humanity’s fight against the Locust in great ways. – GI Article

So over run is like crazy king from halo meets beast mode? Sounds shitty if this game is $60 I might have to skip this game.

[quote name='GUNNM']So over run is like crazy king from halo meets beast mode? Sounds shitty if this game is $60 I might have to skip this game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Horde mode meets Beast mode. Sounds awesome to me...

Did I see correctly that there's supposed to be a longer version of the trailer with some gameplay online? I can't get gearsofwar.com to load.

bread's done
Back