[DEAD] GameFly PC Download Summer Sale: Final Destination

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
GameFly Summer PC Download Sale
Sale Ends 6/20/2012 at 11:59 PM PST.

Extra 10% off code SLICK0611 Valid thru the 24th (can be used multiple time, only applies to Digital Games, Pre-Order Digital Games, Bundles, Bundles containing Pre-Order Items.)
Final Destination (All 94 Titles)

West Coast

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 $2.49
Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm $2.49
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars $2.49
SpellForce Platinum Edition $2.49
GUN $2.49
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $3.75
L.A. Noire $4.99
Blur $4.99
Cabela's Trophy Bucks $4.99
Vampire: The Masquarade Bloodlines $4.99
Driver: San Francisco $7.49
Dead Rising 2 $9.99
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.49
Need for Speed: The Run $13.99
Alan Wake $14.99
Fallout New Vegas $24.99
DiRT 3 $24.99
DiRT Mega Pack(includes DiRT 1, 2, 3, and Showdown) $79.99

East Coast

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $4.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $7.49
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition $29.99 (4.99 + 7.49 = WTF?)
Prototype $4.99
Prototype 2 + Pre-Order Bonus $49.99
Left 4 Dead 2 $6.79
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game Of The Year Edition $4.99
Batman: Arkham City $7.49
Mafia II $7.49
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $9.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $40.19
The Darkness II $12.49

Kingdoms of Fantasy

Tomb Raider: Underworld $3.75
Kings Quest Collection $4.99
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings Enhanced Edition $33.99
Total War: Shogun 2 $8.99
Rift $9.99
Rift Ashes of History Digital Collector's Edition $7.49
The Lord of The Rings: War in the North $9.99
A Game of Thrones: Genesis $9.99
Two Worlds II $9.99
The Sims Medieval $10.19
Stronghold 3 Gold $29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $35.99
TERA $39.99
TERA Collectors Edition $49.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $40.19

The Old World

Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe Edition $4.99
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition $9.99
Assassins Creed Revelations Gold Edition $19.99
The Saboteur $4.99
Sid Meier's Civilization V $7.49
Empire and Napoleon Game of the Year Edition $10.19
Football Manager 2012 $19.99
Wargame: European Escalation $26.79
Battlefield 3 $29.99
F1 2011 $33.49
Sniper Elite V2 $44.99

Islands of Adventure

Far Cry $2.49
From Dust $3.75
Just Cause 2 $4.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Pirates of Black Cove $4.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition $4.99
Risen $5.99
Bioshock 2 $7.49
Jurassic Park: The Game $7.49 (Redeemable on Steam)
Crysis Maximum Edition $8.99
Tropico 4 $9.99
Dead Island $11.99 (Redeemable on Steam)

The Final Frontier

Space Quest Collection $4.99
Dead Space $4.99 (Can be activated on Origin)
Dead Space 2 $4.99 (Can be activated on Origin)
Aliens vs. Predator $5.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Mass Effect $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $4.99
Mass Effect 3 $35.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron $7.49
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $10.19 (Requires Steam)

Road Trip to the Future

X-Com: UFO Defense $1.25
Portal 2 $6.79 (Steam required)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $7.49 (Steam required)
Singularity $7.49
Back to the Future: The Game $7.49
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition $9.99
Homefront $9.99 (Steam Required)
Brink $9.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Syndicate $20.39 (Origin required)
Anno 2070 $24.99
Rage $29.99 (Steam required)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pantsattack']Does gf have a client you have to download?[/QUOTE]

Yep. It isn't all that bad though, it doesn't not work or anything, at least for me

Are any of these worth the money? I've played GUN and that seems like a fair price for a nice little arcade style western shooter, but what about stuff like Spellforce and Vampire? Is there a reason LA Noire is this cheap on the PC?

(Not a whole lot of discussion going on here, huh?)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Are any of these worth the money? I've played GUN and that seems like a fair price for a nice little arcade style western shooter, but what about stuff like Spellforce and Vampire? Is there a reason LA Noire is this cheap on the PC?

(Not a whole lot of discussion going on here, huh?)[/QUOTE]

I think the LA Noire PC port is pretty bad. Although maybe they patched it.

What on earth is with that New Vegas price? It costs 20 bucks on Steam non-sale, and you have to register it there anyway even if you buy it from Gamefly.

Standout deals are probably Alan Wake, Vampire, and Driver. Great games, great prices.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Are any of these worth the money? I've played GUN and that seems like a fair price for a nice little arcade style western shooter, but what about stuff like Spellforce and Vampire? Is there a reason LA Noire is this cheap on the PC?

Vampire is great, but a general buggy mess. Fanpatch pretty much required really. Combat is pretty meh but the story and writing are among the best.

Spellforce are enjoyable games, RTS/RPG hybrids. However since their release the whole hybrid thing has been done a lot in RTS games by now so a lot of the mechanics have been refined quite a bit, and leave Spellforce feeling a bit dated. There's also another expansion coming soon so I wouldn't buy Spellforce 2 until it becomes clear if each store is getting the expansion (only confirmed store is Steam as far as I know).

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I think the LA Noire PC port is pretty bad. Although maybe they patched it.[/QUOTE]

I have it and didn't have any issues with it. Great game.

FWIW, I've been waiting for a great sale on L.A. Noire since it came out and have not seen it this cheap before. I'm not the most vigilant CAG so I may have missed some sales but I have been keeping an eye out - I was hoping to see it for 9.99 on Steam, but I'll take 4.99 on Gamefly instead!

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']I have it and didn't have any issues with it. Great game.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I like the game and have not had any issues with it. I don't think it sold very well though for whatever reason. A month or so after release Steam had it on sale for $20. This is the cheapest I have seen it go so far though. Most AAA releases don't go sub $5 so I don't imagine it will get any cheaper.

Well, GUN is really good, actually; it's kind of a proto-RDR. The story is good and the game mechanics are well-executed, so if you haven't played it yet that's a nice price.

I'll second the up-vote for VTM: Bloodlines too. The "haunted mansion" area is one of the creepiest levels I've ever played in a game (it probably didn't help that I was playing at night). I think they really nailed the whole VTM vibe in this game and its predecessor (Redemption), and the story is terrific, but I actually got bogged down toward the end because the combat got pretty tough.

[quote name='VACRMH']Any idea how to figure out what games can be registered on steam? I'm interested in LA Noire and Vampire.[/QUOTE]

Click em, look at the requirements, there will be a 3rd party blah blah and sometimes a more info button.

But off the top of my head it's just Alan Wake and New Vegas.

Edit-Call of Juarez and Dirt 3 too, and I think Showdown.

[quote name='ajh158']FWIW, I've been waiting for a great sale on L.A. Noire since it came out and have not seen it this cheap before. I'm not the most vigilant CAG so I may have missed some sales but I have been keeping an eye out - I was hoping to see it for 9.99 on Steam, but I'll take 4.99 on Gamefly instead![/QUOTE]

Amazon PCDD had LA Noire for $5 a couple months back; and they will probably pricematch Gamefly's price [if you need to buy from them instead; no game client].

[quote name='apathylad']Do these activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

See Corpekata's post a few up from yours. Most do not but a few do.

Blur is my favorite console racing game, hands down. Not sure about PC version, but if it plays similar to the console version, it is well worth your $5.

The download speed is painfully slow using their client. It's almost slow enough to make me never want to buy a game from them again.

Vampire: Bloodlines is great. Just make sure you patch it up to newest Unofficial Patch - whether you use Wesp's patch or Tessera's patch, up to you.

Also, I loved LA Noire on the PC - I have the Complete Edition for that, BTW.

GUN is in Activision's back catalog like VTMB and neither of those two have gotten respectable sales except on random whims as of late. These prices should be taken as a rarity.

If you like pulp in your westerns, GUN is fantastic. RDR puts it to shame but there's just so much fun in GUN that it will always have a place in my heart despite how dumb it is.

Also, it was clearly rushed but if every rushed game was that polished, gaming would be a better place.

VTMB is great and the price is rare for the same reasons. Wesp's and Tessera's patch war e-drama has been so legendary you absolutely cannot even mention VTMB online without stirring up some embers from it. It's prime e-drama. (My take seems like Tessera is a prima donna.)

Driver San Fran is always amazing but it's Ubisoft so the price will be low. If NFS:The Run was worth your time, that would be a nice price too.

Yeah, I'm going to have to second that LA Noire for $5 is wicked. I borrowed a friends steam account and played through most of it. I thought things would slow down once you get promoted from homocide, but vice was a nice change of pace.

For once I'm in agreement with RollingSkull, I had a blast with Gun way back at the 360 launch, and seeing it this low is pretty rare.

To the backlog it goes.....

June 7th

East Coast Games

Batman Arkham City - $7.50 (yessssss)
GTA 4- $5
Left for Dead 2- $6.80
CoD MW3- $40.19

Rest of the deals for the month suck.

[quote name='MysterD']GUN was a lot of fun.
Easily worth $2.49.[/QUOTE]

I played through that on the original Xbox, I liked alot. Id be tempted at 2.50, you gotta use gameflys app to play? Never bought a d/l game from them that wasnt steam redeemable

So tempted by these sales... Will they really be available till the 20th? Gives me some time. Hopefully Amazon will PM these; would be helpful if some other people tried to get these price matched on the Amazon PCDD thread as well!

[quote name='Stry-ker']I played through that on the original Xbox, I liked alot. Id be tempted at 2.50, you gotta use gameflys app to play? Never bought a d/l game from them that wasnt steam redeemable[/QUOTE]
You know something, no clue on w/ if games bought from GameFly require it to run, since it became GameFly.
I've mostly bought Steam-required games from GameFly, of late - i.e. FEAR 3 when it was $5.

Back when D2D was around [before GameFly bought them out], I had a few games from D2D that didn't use any client to run in the background.
Drakensang: The Dark Eye basically just wanted me to activate the game online...and that was it.

No clue how it PC games download work now w/ GameFly that use their own DRM.
Anyone know?

[quote name='Idiotekque']So tempted by these sales... Will they really be available till the 20th? Gives me some time. Hopefully Amazon will PM these; would be helpful if some other people tried to get these price matched on the Amazon PCDD thread as well![/QUOTE]

This specific list of titles expires on 6/7 at 11:59 PM after which a new set of titles goes on sale. I added to the OP information about the upcoming sales.

Can Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines be activated on Steam? Highly interested in adding this game to my Steam list.

LOL at that Rage price. Has Bethesda simply forgotten to tell Gamefly that they've lowered the prices on their products or something? Or does Bethesda secretly hate them?

Just Cause 2 + "Third party download required" = $5 + 10% off - 5 gamefly bucks = 'Free' Just Cause 2 on Steam

Is my math right on that?

Think it's worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Just Cause 2 is worth all the monies. It does get a bit cheaper at times but not by much (been 3.75ish a few times).

Popped on Spellforce Platinum and VTM so far (waiting to see if Amazon will PM LA Noire). I sorta wish GameFly was selling Spellforce 2 Gold instead of both titles separately. Even if it was $4.99, lol. Perhaps I'm just OCD.

Smart sale with the second expansion coming out in a few weeks. I'm surprised, GameFly.

I imagine it's Nordic that's pushing for sales. They're releasing an expansion to a 6 year old game, they're going to need to push it pretty hard.

[quote name='MysterD']You know something, no clue on w/ if games bought from GameFly require it to run, since it became GameFly.
I've mostly bought Steam-required games from GameFly, of late - i.e. FEAR 3 when it was $5.

Back when D2D was around [before GameFly bought them out], I had a few games from D2D that didn't use any client to run in the background.
Drakensang: The Dark Eye basically just wanted me to activate the game online...and that was it.

No clue how it PC games download work now w/ GameFly that use their own DRM.
Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You need the gamefly client to download and install the game. After that, you can launch the game without the client running.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Just Cause 2 + "Third party download required" = $5 + 10% off - 5 gamefly bucks = 'Free' Just Cause 2 on Steam

Is my math right on that?

Think it's worth it?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is you can't use Gamefly bucks, as they are technically for used goods.

[quote name='apterous']Blur is my favorite console racing game, hands down. Not sure about PC version, but if it plays similar to the console version, it is well worth your $5.[/QUOTE]

On a decent/average PC, it plays well.

[quote name='HornyPony']June 7th

East Coast Games

Batman Arkham City - $7.50 (yessssss)
GTA 4- $5
Left for Dead 2- $6.80
CoD MW3- $40.19

Rest of the deals for the month suck.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree--that's a pretty good price for Arkham, but most of the other sale prices are kinda crap.

[quote name='Meatyflakes']
Only problem is you can't use Gamefly bucks, as they are technically for used goods.[/QUOTE]

Ah, drat. Maybe I can get Amazon to price match the download so I can still get it on credit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comprehension fail, as it is says "select games' for each theme, regardless....

Hmm, looks like the posted upcoming list is incomplete. I'm seeing 'the Darkness 2' for $12.49, 'Modern Warfare 2' for $9.99, and Prototype for $4.99, and a few others. Good to know, leaked lists take the fun out of it, hah....

Had to laugh at the overview of Mw2 having a copy of the lawsuit....

In for Batman AC can't pass up the price, but no paypal option and the DL speeds suck big time. I won't be buying from them again unless it's an absolute killer deal or a steam game.

I'm sure they aren't but can anyone confirm whether or not both or either batmans are steam redeemable?

bread's done
Back