Gamestop PUR - $10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up for 2000 points

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...t/Yq9fn2N3taxfAyZjPETOX7xpAjOAnAkPAp7UiVxyA==

$10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up
Pick up the pre-owned games you want for less! With this coupon, you’ll save $10 on any one pre-owned game that is regularly priced $19.99 or higher. Hurry, this coupon is only available from 6/11 through 6/24. Don’t miss out on this extremely limited time offer. Redeem yours now for only 2,000 points.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you have some points just sitting around. Mind the expiration date, through 6/24 only.

This is honestly a pretty good deal. a $10 off a game under $20 is kind of useless in my mind, so 2000 points for $10 off "any" (worthwhile) game is a good deal.

Does anyone know if you can get this multiple times? I bought one and it looks like it will let me buy another so I assume it will work but I don't want to waste points if I don't have to (I have two used $20 games I want to buy). Thanks.

I finally found a dragon's dogma, with the 10% off, this coupon, and no tax from trades should get it around $40, not bad...keep hearing good things

Question: Does the coupon itself expire 6/24, or is that just the last day you can redeem points for this coupon?

If it doesn't expire 6/24, I've got a desperate idea: Try to find a complete Pokemon Conquest soon after its release on 6/18 and snag it for $15-$20. I know a lot of GSs are throwing out DS cases now, but there are a couple in the area that don't.

[quote name='Vigilante']Question: Does the coupon itself expire 6/24, or is that just the last day you can redeem points for this coupon?[/QUOTE]

the coupon itself says 6/24 expiration

[quote name='gospelman']the coupon itself says 6/24 expiration[/QUOTE]*sigh* I was afraid of that. Thanks for the clarification.

This is a pretty good deal, I've been meaning to pick up Heavy Rain and with the other coupon I can redeem I'll get something else too (anyone know if Heavy Rain DC has any substantial content worth paying the extra $7).

[quote name='Jdudley']Can we get multiple copies of this? Like, can I "buy" 4 coupons?[/QUOTE]

Don't see why not, it's part of the catalog. WHOLE bunch of games I want to pick up but if not, that's okay. I'm start with 2 coups and see what happens.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']This is a pretty good deal, I've been meaning to pick up Heavy Rain and with the other coupon I can redeem I'll get something else too (anyone know if Heavy Rain DC has any substantial content worth paying the extra $7).[/QUOTE]
Nothing substantial, also no trophies associated with it. Having said that, I enjoyed it...but not worth an extra $7.

[quote name='kanamit']Nothing substantial, also no trophies associated with it. Having said that, I enjoyed it...but not worth an extra $7.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

Aww shoot, I'm 150 points shy of 2,000. Would a 1,600 MSP Xbox Live card ($20) get me from 1,850 to 2,000? I'm sure I'll be needing one of those soon anyway.

Very good deal. I just redeemed 4,000 points last week for a $5 off coupon. Luckily, I have just over 2,000 left to get one of these.

Just for clarification, since there's been a lot of questions:

The coupon will be available in the Rewards Catalog from 6/11-6/17
Coupon valid in stores 6/11-6/24

[quote name='Turbojugend']Aww shoot, I'm 150 points shy of 2,000. Would a 1,600 MSP Xbox Live card ($20) get me from 1,850 to 2,000? I'm sure I'll be needing one of those soon anyway.[/QUOTE]

i get 220 for $20 PSN cards (i'm PUR+ though)

One thing I'm not sure about is "regularly priced $19.99 or higher." I'm wondering if this will include games that are currently on sale for less than $19.99, but have the regular price (in red, with the slash through it) of $19.99 or higher next to it.

[quote name='Stri26']It won't be possible to use more than one of these coupons on the same item, correct?[/QUOTE]I sincerely doubt you could--I've got enough points for more than 10 of these, and being able to use more than one on the same item would result in my going ballistic on some games that would likely not lower in price for some time (e.g., Warriors Orochi 3).

You can't use multiple copies of the same coupon. Each coupon has a unique UPC code and when attempting to use more than once the system will recognize the coupon has already been used. This comes from experience trying this in the past without success.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']i get 220 for $20 PSN cards (i'm PUR+ though)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm PUR+ too, or at least I think I am. Whichever one that costs me $15 a year.

In that case I should be good.

[quote name='dino88']One thing I'm not sure about is "regularly priced $19.99 or higher." I'm wondering if this will include games that are currently on sale for less than $19.99, but have the regular price (in red, with the slash through it) of $19.99 or higher next to it.[/QUOTE]

Now you have me worried. lol. My local Gamestop has a game I want, but it's the only one I want. I don't want to waste the coupon if it's not accepted. I think it will be though. Ugh, what to do...

Edit: Here's another good question. The game I want is $19.99, would taking my 10% PUR discount off now make this game ineligible?

I have an excess of store credit and rewards points. Just having trouble finding a game I want.

Dirt 3: Complete Edition looks like a good option at $25, but there are none at stores near me right now.

Is Xenoblade a good pickup for $45 -$10? Or will this be dropping in price eventually?

[quote name='gospelman']I have an excess of store credit and rewards points. Just having trouble finding a game I want.

Is Xenoblade a good pickup for $45 -$10? Or will this be dropping in price eventually?[/QUOTE]I'm in the same boat, though I already own Xenoblade (unplayed due to backlog, of course :roll:). I think that since that's a GS exclusive, the likelihood of it dropping in price is lower than for other titles.

It's gotten pretty great reviews and is an awesome JRPG from what I've heard, so I doubt you'd regret the purchase.

[quote name='jwk94']Will this stack with an employee discount?[/QUOTE]
If you ask this, then it implies you have employee discount, which in turns implies you are an employee. So if you are an employee, shouldn't you have more info than the rest of us...

[quote name='dino88']One thing I'm not sure about is "regularly priced $19.99 or higher." I'm wondering if this will include games that are currently on sale for less than $19.99, but have the regular price (in red, with the slash through it) of $19.99 or higher next to it.[/QUOTE]

If so this would be ideal for something like FFXIII-2 which is $18.99 .... who wants to be the guinea pig? :)

[quote name='mightymek']Now you have me worried. lol. My local Gamestop has a game I want, but it's the only one I want. I don't want to waste the coupon if it's not accepted. I think it will be though. Ugh, what to do...

Edit: Here's another good question. The game I want is $19.99, would taking my 10% PUR discount off now make this game ineligible?[/QUOTE]

The PUR discount shouldn't affect anything. I would think the "regular price" wording covers that.

An example of what I'm wondering would be Neverdead. It's regularly priced at $24.99, but is on sale right now for $18.99. I don't know if the coupon would work now that it's below $19.99 even though the regular price is over $19.99. Hmmm...

[quote name='jwk94']Will this stack with an employee discount?[/QUOTE]

If you're an employee, shouldn't you know the answer? :D

[quote name='dino88']The PUR discount shouldn't affect anything. I would think the "regular price" wording covers that.

An example of what I'm wondering would be Neverdead. It's regularly priced at $24.99, but is on sale right now for $18.99. I don't know if the coupon would work now that it's below $19.99 even though the regular price is over $19.99. Hmmm...

If you're an employee, shouldn't you know the answer? :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I had my eye on Neverdead too. I just assumed it wouldn't work because the price it will ring up as is below $19.99. Could be wrong of course.

So the game I want is $24.99, with a price drop to $19.99. So in theory, I *should* be able to get the game for $19.99, minus 10% PUR, minus $10? I wonder if I should just take the risk and try it.

[quote name='dino88']The PUR discount shouldn't affect anything. I would think the "regular price" wording covers that.

If you're an employee, shouldn't you know the answer? :D[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...might try on Neverdead, thanks for sharing the info!

This could also be good Best Buy trade-in flips.

NCIS is $19.99 for both 360 and PS3 - $10 off = $9.99 at Gamestop. Best Buy's TIV for it is $8 + 100% is 16 and that is before Unlocked bonus.

Tiger Woods '11 is the same way.

Not a huge gain, but it is still good if you're looking to build credit at Best Buy.

[quote name='Donut2922']If so this would be ideal for something like FFXIII-2 which is $18.99 .... who wants to be the guinea pig? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mightymek']Hmm, I had my eye on Neverdead too. I just assumed it wouldn't work because the price it will ring up as is below $19.99. Could be wrong of course.
[/QUOTE]

I just called 2 stores. The first store told me it would work, the second that it would not work. :lol: I guess we won't know until someone actually tries it. I think I'll have to look around for another game, just in case it doesn't work.

So the game I want is $24.99, with a price drop to $19.99. So in theory, I *should* be able to get the game for $19.99, minus 10% PUR, minus $10? I wonder if I should just take the risk and try it.
I'm almost positive that will work. I just used a $5 coupon last week and their system deducts the coupon before the PUR discount. So it will be $19.99 - $10 = $9.99 - 10% = $8.99

Well now I feel stupid. I decided to get a second coupon but on the coupon itself it says this

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 6/24/12.

I think that's BS because the offer does not state that limitation and it let me buy 2 of the damned things. I assume it wont work now, I'll try but I am a bit pissed I wasted a second 2000 points.

[quote name='Mugatu']Well now I feel stupid. I decided to get a second coupon but on the coupon itself it says this

I think that's BS because the offer does not state that limitation and it let me buy 2 of the damned things. I assume it wont work now, I'll try but I am a bit pissed I wasted a second 2000 points.[/QUOTE]
When you use the second coupon, dont use your PUR card. You should be fine.

I think I'll pick up The Disney DDR and Magna Carta 2 with this.

This would also be a good deal on something like RE Mercenaries USED or Tekken Prime 3D used.

[quote name='TooPoor']If you ask this, then it implies you have employee discount, which in turns implies you are an employee. So if you are an employee, shouldn't you have more info than the rest of us...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tony208']That says a lot about Gamestop employees[/QUOTE]

How so? I haven't used the discount much since I find better deals elsewhere.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Aww shoot, I'm 150 points shy of 2,000. Would a 1,600 MSP Xbox Live card ($20) get me from 1,850 to 2,000? I'm sure I'll be needing one of those soon anyway.[/QUOTE]
it would give you 220 points.

No idea what to get lol

Want to replace my MGS HD collection but at $34 seems too expensive atm... guess I will wait a few days and see if any prices drop on some games

[quote name='Brother Daz']Nice thanks op. picked up heavy rain with this for $9.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']I'm almost positive that will work. I just used a $5 coupon last week and their system deducts the coupon before the PUR discount. So it will be $19.99 - $10 = $9.99 - 10% = $8.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. Seeing the coupon and PUR work for the $19.99 game Brother Daz just got means I'm going to Gamestop after work!

bread's done
Back