Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

I picked up Parappa the Rapper (psp), innocent life: a futrustic harvest moon (psp), syphon filter: dark mirror (psp) and a few others a couple weeks ago. selection seems to vary heavily between stores, but I always check in when I'm nearby.

I know there are a couple of locations that opened recently in IL. Bloomingdale and McHenry. There's another one in the Brickyard since I live in Elmwood Park, IL

Nice find, but I don't have any in my area :(

I wish there was more to your story.. like you happened to discover it because an employee gave you a wink and a nudge then told you 'shhh' as they pointed you in the right direction.

Wait wha...they just opened one around the corner from me. I may have to go check them out, didn't know they sold games.

Rather old. But it's still great to know. I picked up Naruto about 7 months ago. I also got Jeanne D' Arc and Monster Quest. None of which is still there. I go there every few weeks to see if they do have something else worth it.

i go there all the time i havent been in like two months gotta ask my GF to take me there!!! I live in lancaster PA

Just stopped at one on vacation, picked up a few stylus pens for $5 each and some Griffin/InCase cases for my iPod Touch. Looked at the games, but nothing really interested me. They also had a few 3DS accessories there.

Around the holiday times they'll sell 360/PS3/Wii games. I remember last year they had about 5 or 6 different titles for $5 each.

I know I'll get these names wrong...At the Crossroads store in Cary NC, I saw Parappa the Rapper and Arthur M.'s Mercury Meltdown combo pack for the PSP. I didn't look at the other console games, but they have a huge selection of cheap headphones and gaming accessories.

5 Below also has a decent selection of DVDs.

I got Chulip there, which is pretty rare although not expensive. Highly recommend that game for 5 bucks if you want to play something incredibly strange, unique, and disturbing. Not good, but definitely those, lol.

[quote name='Falcongamer']I know there are a couple of locations that opened recently in IL. Bloomingdale and McHenry. There's another one in the Brickyard since I live in Elmwood Park, IL[/QUOTE]
There's one in Mchenry?
I only know of the one in crystal lake

They're springing up around me in MD/PA like crazy recently. I've picked up a few goodies like Chulip and the Aqua Teen game, and also some accessory bundles like the Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass lunchbox sets. Never hurts to check there.

They have one at Gravois Bluffs in Fenton, Missouri. Additional games of note include Sly Cooper and Sly 3. They also have $5 licensed Nintendo shirts, Mario figures and Nintendo/Sega pull cars.

And I'm willing to bet that all of you who find decent games at your 5 Below are also the same people that have Big Lots in the area that sell real games, too, amiright?

The 5 Below 40mins from me opened up 2 years ago and the three times I've gone in there I walk out with nothing but a laugh at the off-branded PS2 games or the knock-off iPad docks that they sell. There is nothing of any interest at all in my store, your stores must be golden meccas by comparison.

*waves grumbly old man cane at the kids in the front yard* BAH!

I hit up my local one in central PA from time to time. I think the only game I got there though was THUG for the OG XBox (Platinum Hits) for my bro. For a good while around opening (which was 2007 I wanna say) they were carrying a good bit of XBox and GBA games and then would get DS/360/Wii games for the random holiday, etc. sales.

I remember when they got Dark Sector and an older NBA 2K, but I had the former and no interest in the latter.

Oh, and my sister got a Yoshi shirt there.

Not sure if they're still there, but the Five Below at the Brickyard in Chicago, IL, had quite a few copies of Monster Tale for $5. Apparently they also had NES controllers with a USB end to use with a pc. Those I haven't personally seen, but I want one.

Well, I did put up the correct forum in the deals section since although it's not like with the other stores (Best Buy, Target, etc.) where you have either weekly sales or they would wait a very long time until they put up for discount. Take for example the Best Buy in Village Crossing at Skokie, IL. They have an area where they put up games, accessories, etc. and they heavily discount. I am also amazed that my forum has gained over 2,000 views and it has been close to 18 hours passed since I started this forum. Let us make it 5,000 views guys and I would love you all for making this forum popular!

At Christmas I got some kids pc game pack for my younger cousins, I wish I could remember the name of it but yeah Five Below is great for cheap stocking stuffers.

Kind of off topic, but if you go to five below, you must try these:

0407011310.jpg

Seriously, try them, they are quite possibly the best thing ever, you will become addicted, and five below is the only national place i know that carries them.

[quote name='Falcongamer']I know there are a couple of locations that opened recently in IL. Bloomingdale and McHenry. There's another one in the Brickyard since I live in Elmwood Park, IL[/QUOTE]

The brickyard store is the one I visit after I check out the gamestop next store.

[quote name='pksellers']Kind of off topic, but if you go to five below, you must try these:

0407011310.jpg

Seriously, try them, they are quite possibly the best thing ever, you will become addicted, and five below is the only national place i know that carries them.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. I'm glad that this along with others viewing this forum post is now #13 in today's top 15 deals. Hopefully you guys keep on viewing and spread the goodness and let us climb to the top and leave every other forum post in the dust.

I'm still looking for a copy of the :ps2:Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am, which was supposedly being carried at Five Below a while ago. Unfortunately I only have two in my area(used to be three but I think one shut down) and they're far apart from each other.:cry::whistle2:#

Hopefully they'll get it in stock at the closest one one of these days.

[quote name='pksellers']Kind of off topic, but if you go to five below, you must try these:

0407011310.jpg

Seriously, try them, they are quite possibly the best thing ever, you will become addicted, and five below is the only national place i know that carries them.[/QUOTE]

I get these from Mitsuwa but they come in a green and yellow box, and all the writing is in Japanese. They cost around $4 a box and yes, they are very addicting. I think the Japanese put something in the chocolate.

Japanese-Mushrooms-chocolate-meiji-1_medium.jpg

[quote name='barrit']Nice find, but I don't have any in my area :(

I wish there was more to your story.. like you happened to discover it because an employee gave you a wink and a nudge then told you 'shhh' as they pointed you in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

You forgot the lips and the BANG.

Five Below is a great store if you are still buying original PSP games, I stop by at least once per month just to see their inventory. My last pick up was a 2-disc set of Watchmen for $4.

0407011310.jpg

Borders used to carry those as well... But yeah, they've been gone for a while now. Pretty sure I've seen them at FYE, too... I could be wrong. They're pretty good, but I prefer Pocky.

I have 2 fairly close to me-never been there but I guess that will have to change now...thanks OP

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still looking for a copy of the :ps2:Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am, which was supposedly being carried at Five Below a while ago. Unfortunately I only have two in my area(used to be three but I think one shut down) and they're far apart from each other.:cry::whistle2:#

Hopefully they'll get it in stock at the closest one one of these days.[/QUOTE]

i still have my 5 Below copy sealed on my shelf, probably never to be opened

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still looking for a copy of the :ps2:Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am, which was supposedly being carried at Five Below a while ago. Unfortunately I only have two in my area(used to be three but I think one shut down) and they're far apart from each other.:cry::whistle2:#

Hopefully they'll get it in stock at the closest one one of these days.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i still have my 5 Below copy sealed on my shelf, probably never to be opened[/QUOTE]

What!!?? I have been looking for that game (cheap) forever and they have been sitting at 5 below?

[quote name='slowdive21']What!!?? I have been looking for that game (cheap) forever and they have been sitting at 5 below?[/QUOTE]

i got mine over 2 years ago, i think...its been quite some time, i just never opened it

There's one down the street from me. I check every once in a while but there hasn't been a lot of good games lately (they did have the Naruto Wii game though)

I bought a bunch of Natsume and SNK Playmore PS2 games from there a while back. Some great stuff like SNK Collection, King Of The Fighters XI, King Of The Fighters 2006, Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1 and 2, Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon, and quite a few more.

I picked up Coded Arms for PSP for $5 from there back in the beginning of January at Perimeter in Dunwoody, GA. Right now the games are blah. Waiting for them to get some new stuff.

I've never found a game worth buying at Five Below before. Most of it is junk I wouldn't touch for $5. Most of the stuff is overpriced, honestly... but I still love going in there from time to time just because they have some neat things.

bread's done
Back