* * * - - 2 votes

Five Below $5 games

#871 Sauza12   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:18 AM

The 5 Below near me had Titanfall 2 for the Xbone.  It was ringing up at $8 for some reason and they had to adjust it down.

#872 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14374 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:35 AM

Saw the 3 pack Animal Crossing amiibo set at my local 5 Below.  I'm still kicking myself for paying almost double for that set.

You should be kicking yourself for buying any of them at all. Amiibo Festival is pure trash, and they barely add anything worthwhile to Welcome Amiibo.

#873 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:38 AM

The 5 Below near me had Titanfall 2 for the Xbone.  It was ringing up at $8 for some reason and they had to adjust it down.

Might have to check out my local stores.  I have a copy for XBone already, but it's a fantastic game and I have a few friends that never picked it up.

#874 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6418 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:37 AM

You should be kicking yourself for buying any of them at all. Amiibo Festival is pure trash, and they barely add anything worthwhile to Welcome Amiibo.

You realize that once they finally release an Animal Crossing game for the Switch that those will work with it, right?

#875 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14374 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:02 AM

You realize that once they finally release an Animal Crossing game for the Switch that those will work with it, right?

And what's their functionality? How many more amiibos and trading cards are being released? When is the game being released? Do you buy toilet paper a year in advance?

#876 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6418 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

And what's their functionality? How many more amiibos and trading cards are being released? When is the game being released? Do you buy toilet paper a year in advance?

No, but then again I also don't tell other people they should kick themselves for buying things. I tend not to worry what other ppl spend their money on. Try it, you'll live longer. 

#877 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

Do you buy toilet paper a year in advance?

Do people not do this?  Are you buying them a roll at a time?

#878 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7591 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Do people not do this?  Are you buying them a roll at a time?

Sucks to be a guest at his house when that roll runs out...

Wait, gotta have friends to have guests, and anyone that cheap on TP.... well...

#879 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5370 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

I don't even have any of Animal Crossing Amiibo related games.  :( I just like the look of them.  :D

3 Amiibo for $10 seemed like a deal when I was paying $10.39 for just 1 figure at Best Buy with Gamer's Club Unlocked.

Also, if I had the money and space I totally would buy things like toilet paper in advance in massive quantities.

Now more on topic, has anyone seen the Animal Crossing Amiibo Isabelle in summer outfit at 5 Below recently?  I know it was there given the sideways photo in this thread, several months ago.

#880 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:27 PM

I don't even have any of Animal Crossing Amiibo related games.  :( I just like the look of them.  :D

3 Amiibo for $10 seemed like a deal when I was paying $10.39 for just 1 figure at Best Buy with Gamer's Club Unlocked.

Also, if I had the money and space I totally would buy things like toilet paper in advance in massive quantities.

Now more on topic, has anyone seen the Animal Crossing Amiibo Isabelle in summer outfit at 5 Below recently?  I know it was there given the sideways photo in this thread, several months ago.

But what you like to buy, most of my amiibo collection was bought for aesthetics first, functionality second.  All of my AC ones (along with most of my Smash ones) came from 5B or TRU clearancing out.

I definitely buy TP and paper towels in bulk.  It's much cheaper, and I only have to restock about once every 6 months - But I have the space to store it now.  When I lived in an apartment I didn't.

As far as summer outfit... I just got mine a few weeks ago at the 5B next to my work.  I'll swing by tomorrow and see if they still have her.

#881 starmartyr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

starmartyr

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:30 PM

Saw plenty of copies of Titanfall 2 for Xbox One at my local Five Below.

#882 Jurai  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

stopped at a five below earlier but sadly they had no games at all

#883 Togepy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:38 AM

What amiibo are people finding here today?

Here's a list of what I've seen people find:
SMB Yoshi
SMB Toad
SMB Peach
Splatoon Boy original
Splatoon Girl original
Ryu
Lucas
Famicom ROB
Palutena
Kirby series Kirby
All Animal Crossing

Any others?

#884 Rictor   I like big butts... CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

I've only seen the Animal Crossing amiibos at 5 Below so far.  Also 3 packs of Skylanders Superchargers.

#885 TheGrimHeaper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

TheGrimHeaper

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:21 AM

What amiibo are people finding here today?

Here's a list of what I've seen people find:
SMB Yoshi
SMB Toad
SMB Peach
Splatoon Boy original
Splatoon Girl original
Ryu
Lucas
Famicom ROB
Palutena
Kirby series Kirby
All Animal Crossing

Any others?

Mine had a single Falco(which I bought) and a ton of Smash Bros Peach(along with Inklings and Lucas) when I went a few days ago.

#886 Jurai  

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

my store has a ton of animal crossing amiibo still but that was it

#887 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

Mine only have Animal Crossing left.  Previously they had Roy, Lucas, Palutena, and ROB

#888 severdheartdies   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

severdheartdies

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

At brick, nj location: falco, toad, peach, yoshi, r.o.b. famicom color, kirby, inkling boy, and a bunch of animal crossing ones including the 3 pack.

At Toms river, nj: Ryu, all animal crossing, and kirby

#889 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14374 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:30 AM

The one near me had...

Super Mario Bros series:

Peach

Yoshi

Toad

Kirby series:

Kirby

Waddle Dee

AC series:

Kapp'n

Blathers

Mabel

Lottie

Timmy & Tommy

Rover

#890 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1600 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:55 AM

Damn you all and your golden magical Five Below stores filled with great amiibos and games!!! There's 3 stores near me and each of them have only had wall-to-wall Animal Crossing and stacks of Battleborn for months. I was there last night and was hoping they'd stock the current amiibos everyone else is finding now, but nope. Either that or employees refuse to put out the new ones until someone makes a dent in those Animal Crossing ones taking up an entire shelf.

#891 toadielurks   Working is for chumps. CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

toadielurks

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:41 AM

My local Five Below, had 20 copies of Max Payne 3 (360) and a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibos and that's it.

#892 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:39 AM

Saw a ton of amiboes and picked up Titanfall 2 for ps4

#893 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2148 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:43 PM

went to two stores.
1st one had ryu, peach, all animal crossing.
2nd store had those mentioned plus Kirby, splatoon, rob, Lucas, falco.

#894 GreenT  

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

Huber Heights, OH had a lot of Amiibos in a wheelbarrow up front.

Ryu, Toad, Peach, Yoshi, Kirby, inkling Girl, ROB, and all of the Animal Crossing characters everyone has already mentioned.

#895 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:50 AM

Woah, totally going to pick up some amiibos, thanks for the heads up.

#896 Rictor   I like big butts... CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:18 PM

Plainfield, Indiana

Greenwood, IN

Castleton, IN

These three Five Below stores had a large assortment of amiibos as of this weekend, not just the Animal Crossing amiibos.  They had big displays of them at the front of the stores and then more back with the video games.

I saw all Animal Crossing singles, Animal Crossing 3-pack, Rob, Lucas, Falco, Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon Boy, and some others.  Looks like they got a big restock.

#897 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:37 PM

I’m thinking there is a good chance we get a large amiibo refresh with the new Nintendo Switch announcement next year. I think they make them a more integrated part of the games they bring out and I can’t imagine that they don’t do a new Smash line with Ultimate doing so well right now.

#898 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

I'm hoping the new Animal Crossing uses these dumb things in a useful way like Breath of the Wild did. 

#899 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14374 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:49 PM

The best usage I got out of these AC amiibos was scanning them into Smash Ultimate to unlock more spirits. The Resetti spirit is Ace level and my most powerful grab type so far. Implementations for actual AC games is awful though.

Isabelle AC amiibo works as a fighter in Smash Ultimate, by the way.

#900 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3951 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

Plainfield, Indiana

Greenwood, IN

Castleton, IN

These three Five Below stores had a large assortment of amiibos as of this weekend, not just the Animal Crossing amiibos.  They had big displays of them at the front of the stores and then more back with the video games.

I saw all Animal Crossing singles, Animal Crossing 3-pack, Rob, Lucas, Falco, Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon Boy, and some others.  Looks like they got a big restock.

The Greenwood location is like 10 minutes from my house. I'll have to stop in and pick up a few Amiibo. Did you see any games worth picking up?