* * * - - 2 votes

Five Below $5 games

#1201 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:31 AM

Dang, you can't play with just 1 person... that stinks

You can play Triforce Heroes solo.

What's he's saying is that for the multiplayer mode, you do need a group of 3. It can't be just you and a buddy with an AI or an online random for the 3rd. Which is, in fact, annoying.

Decent game solo if you don't mind lots of tapping the touch screen to switch between your 3 characters, game is definitely better multiplayer and you CAN play with online randoms. I don't know how active the community is now though, I played back when it was new.

#1202 Cybernator  

Cybernator

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:10 AM

Recent finds: 

Yo-Kai Watch (Nintendo 3DS) .... $5.55

#1203 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14236 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:00 PM

You can play Triforce Heroes solo.

What's he's saying is that for the multiplayer mode, you do need a group of 3. It can't be just you and a buddy with an AI or an online random for the 3rd. Which is, in fact, annoying.

Decent game solo if you don't mind lots of tapping the touch screen to switch between your 3 characters, game is definitely better multiplayer and you CAN play with online randoms. I don't know how active the community is now though, I played back when it was new.

The other thing that stinks about having random people online, is, a lot of them have already played it. So if you’re going in new, they tend to rush to where they need to go, and then basically figure out all the puzzles for you (where they can).

#1204 SplicedBunny   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

SplicedBunny

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:44 PM

Around 8 copies of Fallout 4 (PS4) left at my Dollar tree yesterday and saw 2 other people grab copies before I left. Actually bought it at launch and didn't have time for it so I sold it. For $5.50 with tax i'll try to get into it again since I have time now. 

#1205 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5608 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

All I saw was NBA 2K19 on Xbox One and Lego Chima for 3DS with the minifigure.  Didn't pick up either.

Kind of surprised to see that Lego game minifigure bundle still.  I thought that I saw that in February.

#1206 Cybernator  

Cybernator

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:41 AM

I went to a Five Below store and noticed some renovations. I asked an employee and he said that they are going to setup a small esports gaming center. So, is anyone aware that this is happing at their local store? 

Latest Updates:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition (PS4) for $10 and LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey with Crawley Minifigure (Nintendo 3DS) for $5.55 which are available at Five Below.

#1207 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   634 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

I went to a Five Below store and noticed some renovations. I asked an employee and he said that they are going to setup a small esports gaming center. So, is anyone aware that this is happing at their local store? 

Latest Updates:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition (PS4) for $10 and LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey with Crawley Minifigure (Nintendo 3DS) for $5.55 which are available at Five Below.

I'm actually a little surprised Shadow of War landed there.  I got a Gold Edition when they did a DPCI merge at Target awhile back, but maybe I'll swing by and grab a PS4 copy for a friend or something.

5B isn't exactly what comes to mind with "esports", though, unless they want to showcase the "quality" of their $5 headsets.

#1208 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2362 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:34 AM

I went to a Five Below store and noticed some renovations. I asked an employee and he said that they are going to setup a small esports gaming center. So, is anyone aware that this is happing at their store?

My local store already had this gaming setup in the back of the store for almost 2 years now actually. PS4 and X1 hooked up to a TV using 3rd party controllers they would sell and have right next to the console.

#1209 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8840 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 04 October 2020 - 07:09 PM

Went to a Five Below on Friday. Surprisingly they had like 2-3 Zero Suit Samus, 3-4 Inking Boy and a bunch of Animal Crossing ones (forgot which ones).Walked away with Zero Suit Samus and Kapp'n. I wasn't going to get any Animal Crossing ones but I liked how Kapp'n looked.

Their video games however were garbage. I forgot what they had but it was terrible.

#1210 sublime90   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

sublime90

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:54 PM

mine has Fallout 4 (ps4), hitman absolution (xbox360) and COD Infinite warfare (xbox one)

last month they had surviving mars instead of fallout so i grabbed that, never played it before. 

#1211 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:24 AM

Bought a copy of Yokai Watch for $5 here recently.

Amazing how many copies they had....

#1212 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:16 PM

:360: Jagged Alliance, Survive Mars, Shadow of War Definitive, Darksiders 3

:ps4: Fallout 4

:3ds: Lego Chima

in a random Five Below I dropped in this afternoon checking for Amiiiiiboes

#1213 ec91762  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:22 PM

Got Zero Suit Samus amiibo yesterday!

#1214 ViridianIbis  

ViridianIbis

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:11 PM

A few more items added for the holiday rush.

Starlink Starter Pack (XB1)

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (3DS)

I'm actually a little surprised Shadow of War landed there.  I got a Gold Edition when they did a DPCI merge at Target awhile back, but maybe I'll swing by and grab a PS4 copy for a friend or something.

5B isn't exactly what comes to mind with "esports", though, unless they want to showcase the "quality" of their $5 headsets.

Conveniently, 5B has teamed with Bugha and are now marketing some premium gaming gear for $10. It's all LED, ranging from mouse, keyboard, mic, speaker, etc.

#1215 bloodstained3k  

bloodstained3k

Posted 17 January 2021 - 01:20 PM

Bought a copy of Yokai Watch for $5 here recently.

Amazing how many copies they had....

were these just overproduced or something?

#1216 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10530 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

Saw a million copies of Lego Lord of the Rings for the 3DS the other day.

#1217 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:52 PM

Found a lot of inventory to just be meh at best. Hoping better titles get put out soon enough

#1218 toadielurks   Working is for chumps. CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

toadielurks

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:54 AM

A few more items added for the holiday rush.

Starlink Starter Pack (XB1)

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (3DS)

Conveniently, 5B has teamed with Bugha and are now marketing some premium gaming gear for $10. It's all LED, ranging from mouse, keyboard, mic, speaker, etc.

My wife bought me one of those Bugha "gaming mouse" - completely busted after less than a month, bloody awful.. cheap plastic, no weight to the thing, very clicky (not in a good way either). Save your money

#1219 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 19 January 2021 - 03:21 AM

were these just overproduced or something?

I wouldnt be surprised, there were at least 30 of them in my local store and ironically enough I bought my copy a year after I found them in yet another location which also had a bunch.

#1220 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:03 AM

Mine got restocked with more Yokai Watch & Lego Chima 3DS games and strangely about 15 copies of Darksiders 2 for PS3.

Also when did Five Below start selling former Redbox rental DVDs?   Mine had copies of Star Wars: The Last Jedi & Solo: A Star Wars Story for $5 each.  I only know they're former rentals, as I bought both and they had the Redbox stickers on the discs.

#1221 ViridianIbis  

ViridianIbis

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:59 PM

Also when did Five Below start selling former Redbox rental DVDs?   Mine had copies of Star Wars: The Last Jedi & Solo: A Star Wars Story for $5 each.  I only know they're former rentals, as I bought both and they had the Redbox stickers on the discs.

Right after New Year's.

The store I work at received The Last Jedi and The Force Awakens, but no Solo.

#1222 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15334 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

Selling former rental DVD's for $5? What is this, 2007?

#1223 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

I wouldnt be surprised, there were at least 30 of them in my local store and ironically enough I bought my copy a year after I found them in yet another location which also had a bunch.

Yea, my kids went thru a terrible Yo-kai fad a few years ago. hate that damn watch sound and still find yo-kai medals around the yard.

Mine got restocked with more Yokai Watch & Lego Chima 3DS games and strangely about 15 copies of Darksiders 2 for PS3.

Wish more Links and Animal Crossings would come back, those were actually good games! 

#1224 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:55 PM

I saw starter kits for the X1 at the Winston-Salem south location yesterday.  Five bucks. I didn’t look close because I have a PS4.

Also had DS LOTR lego.

as usual for this location, nothing for the PS4.

#1225 Hessler1  

Hessler1

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:15 PM

I saw starter kits for the X1 at the Winston-Salem south location yesterday.  Five bucks. I didn’t look close because I have a PS4.

Also had DS LOTR lego.

as usual for this location, nothing for the PS4.

Which Starterkits the ones that come with 12 months Xbox Live, the 3 month one, the one with the headset. Should have looked closer if it comes with Xbox Live buy them all up and sell those codes at a discount and help the community.

#1226 CritcalJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CritcalJ

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

Damn.

Star link starter kits.

That changes the whole thing

#1227 kyoya   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:18 AM

Went into my local Five Below the other day and saw.

Lego Lord of the Rings for the DS

DarkSiders II for the Xbox 360

Scribblenauts Mega Pack for the PS4

Yokai Watch for the 3DS (because of course)

Xcom Enemy Unknown for the PS3

#1228 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:35 AM

I found Zone of Enders for PS4 the other day. Picked it up for the VR mode.

#1229 RocketChris  

RocketChris

Posted 15 March 2021 - 05:18 PM

I picked up Darksiders 2 for the Xbox 360 and a game I had never heard of, Jagged Alliance 2 Rage!, for the Xbox One.

#1230 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3823 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:08 PM

My store only had the Scribblenauts pack, but they had a shitton of them.

Edit: and now that I typed that, Google is throwing me ads for the game. Wonderful.