* * * - - 2 votes

Five Below $5 games

#1201 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:31 AM

Dang, you can't play with just 1 person... that stinks

You can play Triforce Heroes solo.

What's he's saying is that for the multiplayer mode, you do need a group of 3. It can't be just you and a buddy with an AI or an online random for the 3rd. Which is, in fact, annoying.

Decent game solo if you don't mind lots of tapping the touch screen to switch between your 3 characters, game is definitely better multiplayer and you CAN play with online randoms. I don't know how active the community is now though, I played back when it was new.

#1202 Cybernator  

Cybernator

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:10 AM

Recent finds: 

Yo-Kai Watch (Nintendo 3DS) .... $5.55

#1203 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14186 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:00 PM

You can play Triforce Heroes solo.

What's he's saying is that for the multiplayer mode, you do need a group of 3. It can't be just you and a buddy with an AI or an online random for the 3rd. Which is, in fact, annoying.

Decent game solo if you don't mind lots of tapping the touch screen to switch between your 3 characters, game is definitely better multiplayer and you CAN play with online randoms. I don't know how active the community is now though, I played back when it was new.

The other thing that stinks about having random people online, is, a lot of them have already played it. So if you’re going in new, they tend to rush to where they need to go, and then basically figure out all the puzzles for you (where they can).

#1204 SplicedBunny   TheWildBunny CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

SplicedBunny

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:44 PM

Around 8 copies of Fallout 4 (PS4) left at my Dollar tree yesterday and saw 2 other people grab copies before I left. Actually bought it at launch and didn't have time for it so I sold it. For $5.50 with tax i'll try to get into it again since I have time now. 

#1205 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5552 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

All I saw was NBA 2K19 on Xbox One and Lego Chima for 3DS with the minifigure.  Didn't pick up either.

Kind of surprised to see that Lego game minifigure bundle still.  I thought that I saw that in February.

#1206 Cybernator  

Cybernator

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:41 AM

I went to a Five Below store and noticed some renovations. I asked an employee and he said that they are going to setup a small esports gaming center. So, is anyone aware that this is happing at their local store? 

Latest Updates:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition (PS4) for $10 and LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey with Crawley Minifigure (Nintendo 3DS) for $5.55 which are available at Five Below.

#1207 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

I went to a Five Below store and noticed some renovations. I asked an employee and he said that they are going to setup a small esports gaming center. So, is anyone aware that this is happing at their local store? 

Latest Updates:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition (PS4) for $10 and LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey with Crawley Minifigure (Nintendo 3DS) for $5.55 which are available at Five Below.

I'm actually a little surprised Shadow of War landed there.  I got a Gold Edition when they did a DPCI merge at Target awhile back, but maybe I'll swing by and grab a PS4 copy for a friend or something.

5B isn't exactly what comes to mind with "esports", though, unless they want to showcase the "quality" of their $5 headsets.

#1208 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2339 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:34 AM

I went to a Five Below store and noticed some renovations. I asked an employee and he said that they are going to setup a small esports gaming center. So, is anyone aware that this is happing at their store?

My local store already had this gaming setup in the back of the store for almost 2 years now actually. PS4 and X1 hooked up to a TV using 3rd party controllers they would sell and have right next to the console.