Skittles candy pack - Free Xbox Avatar prop

COLDblood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
(USA promo, maybe UK also)

On the Xbox dashboard there is a ad running for Skittles candy, when you click on the ad you can download a free avatar prop (along with a theme and gamer pics)

THE ONLY WAY to get this avatar prop is to find the ad on the dashboard. There are reports that this ad is not appearing on the new Beta dashboard yet.

(The below method no longer works as its been patched with the newest update)
FOUND A NEW WAY for the dashboard beta people to view the old dash board style ads thanks to CertifiedNinja1

For ads on the new dash: Press guide button, tap left twice and go to the "xbox store" tab, select "games store" it will then show you the old style dash, refresh until you see the ad.
thumblg.png

Here is a link to the prop- if you try to use the link to purchase the item it will show region locked no matter what country you are in.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Skittles-Candy-Pack/00001000-8c5b-22e3-cc09-498158570a11?noSplash=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, of course now that we are out of the dry spell of free stuff us beta people are missing out on all sorts of junk. Blah

[quote name='r3dreck']Man, of course now that we are out of the dry spell of free stuff us beta people are missing out on all sorts of junk. Blah[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this is really pissing me off that they are giving out a bunch of free stuff via ads now that the beta testers don't get...

Ad count thus far-
Marines: 35
Olympus: 4
Verizon: 7
Lipton Tea: 4
Internet Explorer: 3
Movie Ads: 12
Mtn. Dew: Batman: 7
Car ads: 4
Dove Men: 2
Acuvue: 12
Diablo 3: 4
Micro 5 Gum: 5
Mobil 1: 1
Dr. Pepper Shack: 1
Academy of Art: 1
Axe ads: 4

I REALLY hate ad searching! >.< :bomb:

[quote name='r3dreck']Man, of course now that we are out of the dry spell of free stuff us beta people are missing out on all sorts of junk. Blah[/QUOTE]

No kidding. The new dashboard really doesnt even offer anything worth using. Hopefully towards the end of the beta they will give us all something good to make up for all these lost freebies.

[quote name='musha666']No kidding. The new dashboard really doesnt even offer anything worth using. Hopefully towards the end of the beta they will give us all something good to make up for all these lost freebies.[/QUOTE]

Ya for sure, IE is worthless, or close to it...other than that why did I bother ha

[quote name='Tailswisher']Ad count thus far-
Marines: 35
Olympus: 4
Verizon: 7
Lipton Tea: 4
Internet Explorer: 3
Movie Ads: 12
Mtn. Dew: Batman: 7
Car ads: 4
Dove Men: 2
Acuvue: 12
Diablo 3: 4
Micro 5 Gum: 5
Mobil 1: 1
Dr. Pepper Shack: 1
Academy of Art: 1
Axe ads: 4

I REALLY hate ad searching! >.< :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I was searching for over an hour earlier. I guess I'll try again later... :roll:

i missed out of the gamestock stuff. i really wanted a kinect prop, and i cnnot for the life oo me find the vampire hunter ad! or this skittles one

[quote name='COLDblood'](USA promo, maybe UK also)

On the Xbox dashboard there is a ad running for Skittles candy, when you click on the ad you can download a free avatar prop (along with a theme and gamer pics)

THE ONLY WAY to get this avatar prop is to find the ad on the dashboard. There are reports that this ad is not appearing on the new Beta dashboard yet.

thumblg.png

Here is a link to the prop- if you try to use the link to purchase the item it will show region locked no matter what country you are in.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Skittles-Candy-Pack/00001000-8c5b-22e3-cc09-498158570a11?noSplash=1[/QUOTE]

I Have been all over the Dashboard changed profiles refreshed cleared Cache this is like the only Promo not coming up for me and Yes i Live In US :p :whistle2:#

haven't found it yet either. though i'd throw it out there, there are more ads under the games marketplace. might be worth checking there too before refreshing. crossing my fingers and good luck to everyone els.

Funny story:

Looked for the Paranorman dog for a while with zero success.

Looked for this Skittles ad once and found the Paranorman dog lol.

Thanks for the heads up and after about 50 refreshes, nothing yet

[quote name='keklar']Exactly, this is really pissing me off that they are giving out a bunch of free stuff via ads now that the beta testers don't get...[/QUOTE]

Ditto. What the fuck? I mean, I know it's just an avatar prop, but seriously, what the fuck?

I got my paranorman and abe lincoln prop about a week after someone posted it here, so I wouldn't be surprised if it pops up later for some of you who are constantly refreshing the dashboard.

[quote name='mrx001']When I try to purchase through the link it says not available in my region.My region is US.[/QUOTE]

You can only get it through the ad on the dashboard

I finally got it, it was on the next to last page, before the settings page. About an hour ago.

Still can't get the ad to show up, its crazy when you have 6 panes with Batman in IMAX but can't get 1 of the other..they need to fix their system

[quote name='tokyostomp']not sure what your code was for pun but it has already been redeemed[/QUOTE]

for the kinect avatar prop here is another one.

4HC7M-9CRR6-KP3Y3-JX96X-DJ6MZ

[quote name='pun123']for the kinect avatar prop here is another one.

4HC7M-9CRR6-KP3Y3-JX96X-DJ6MZ
[/QUOTE]Dangit. Already taken :(

[quote name='mysticfail']Still can't get the ad to show up, its crazy when you have 6 panes with Batman in IMAX but can't get 1 of the other..they need to fix their system[/QUOTE]

I Have seen the Military video about 1000 times everything else 250-500 times done all i can delete cache refreshed I applaud the lucky few too get the prop but its just as bad as winning that scratch off game i have yet to win anything at :p:applause:

Lots of people complained before about there being too many ads, now people are saying they don't get them enough. Make up your minds. I'm in the beta and don't care for some avatar props that really don't do anything for you and they really hold no value.

I can't find the ad either. However, I know it'll show up eventually. For a while the Fasterpiece Theater ad was hard to find, but now it is everywhere.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Lots of people complained before about there being too many ads, now people are saying they don't get them enough. Make up your minds. I'm in the beta and don't care for some avatar props that really don't do anything for you and they really hold no value.[/QUOTE]

One its FREE too its skittles who doesnt wanna hold some skittles. also Shouldnt an Xbox Ambassador be more guna ho about xbox stuff

[quote name='digitalplague']One its FREE too its skittles who doesnt wanna hold some skittles. also Shouldnt an Xbox Ambassador be more guna ho about xbox stuff[/QUOTE]

It's just another one of those people who claim they don't care. Reading the thread title and moving on isn't enough for them. They can't help but come in with some snotty, none sense remark. It makes them feel better about themselves, during their poor existence. Just go with it.

Back to the OP at hand, I still haven't found it, I've refreshed during different times in the day, but nothing. Oh well, I'll keep trying to get my FREE virtual item that holds no value.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Lots of people complained before about there being too many ads, now people are saying they don't get them enough. Make up your minds. I'm in the beta and don't care for some avatar props that really don't do anything for you and they really hold no value.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have anything to do with people not being able to make up their minds about ads. I'm pretty sure that the general consensus is that ads on the dash are annoying. I'd know I don't want my dash clogged with 250 ads for enlisting and get shot in some random desert or don't like having a Mountain Dew can scream at me at full volume if accidentally move to that tile.
That being said, getting something for free from those ads makes them a bit more tolerable for some of us. Some people like free avatar items, themes or gamer pics.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']It's just another one of those people who claim they don't care. Reading the thread title and moving on isn't enough for them. They can't help but come in with some snotty, none sense remark. It makes them feel better about themselves, during their poor existence. Just go with it.

Back to the OP at hand, I still haven't found it, I've refreshed during different times in the day, but nothing. Oh well, I'll keep trying to get my FREE virtual item that holds no value.[/QUOTE]

Skipping my comment wasn't enough for you, was it? I don't care if I get the skittles prop or not, I have plenty of avatar items and they won't be useful in the future anyways so enjoy it while you can just like themes. You still haven't gotten it yourself, so just keep refreshing and trying to get it. Good luck :cool: By the way, a friend isn't in the new dashboard beta and he got it suddenly so it sure does vary.

Ive noticed Ive rolled hells of Paranorman and Magic: The Gathering in the Game Marketplace but all the main dash ever is is Marines and Axe. I think theyre different sets of ads.

FOUND A NEW WAY for the dashboard beta people to view the old dash board style ads, thanks to CertifiedNinja1

For ads on the new dash: Press guide button, tap left twice and go to the "xbox store" tab, select "games store" it will then show you the old style dash, refresh until you see the ad.

[quote name='Tailswisher']What's this about a Magic the Gathering ad? Is there something free from them that I don't know about? o_O?[/QUOTE]

nope i seen it about an hour ago. Link to demo, trailer and I think another trailer, IIRC.

At first when trying this method, I too was getting the inactive grey tiles. Cleared my cache, that didn't work. So I went into the beta games section and scrolled back and forth, then used the guide method while still in that section, and they started popping up. Still no Skittles, but its a start! Hope this helps.

To anyone that actually has it, am I looking for a video tile or a still picture?

bread's done
Back