* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

#391 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

Gotta admit, I'm kicking myself for procrastinating and now I'm checking the website to see if it restocks.

Also for unashamed yet discerning collector, here is the CE strategy guide.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/0804162972

#392 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Heh.  Just found this and now I know what squad members I want to choose from....

Spoiler

Ahhh, a boy can dream.

#393 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Also for unashamed yet discerning collector, here is the CE strategy guide.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/0804162972

Thanks, preorder'd. I wonder what the bonus DLC is.

#394 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Thanks, preorder'd. I wonder what the bonus DLC is.

I assume it's added media content, not actual DLC for the game.

#395 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

I assume it's added media content, not actual DLC for the game.

Hmm, yeah you're probably right. Ah well.

#396 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

It's funny.  I miss having special DLC with things like this....but at the same time, we used to bitch about unique DLC with things like this if you didn't want to purchase the guide, controller, whatever. 

Still, I'm preordering the LE guide.  Gott have it.

#397 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

It's funny.  I miss having special DLC with things like this....but at the same time, we used to bitch about unique DLC with things like this if you didn't want to purchase the guide, controller, whatever. 

Still, I'm preordering the LE guide.  Gott have it.

Ditto.  I just hope it'll go down to the lower 20s for price once it releases, though there have been some LE guides that didn't get any cheaper than $26-27 when they released.

#398 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Oh, here's another one to pick up from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1616551860/

Art book. :bow:

#399 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Latest party member writer interview, this time with Patrick Weeks on Solas.

solas-blog-screenshot-en.jpg

http://www.dragonage...r-profile-solas

I have to say, I had zero interest in this guy before reading this.  The banter with him and Cole will be very interesting from an academic and lore-nerd perspective!!

#400 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

Two new character profiles.  This time for two of the Inquisitions advisors, Leliana and Cullen.  Note that I believe these are not party members, but very significant members of the Inquisition representing major factions in Thedas. 

Cullen:

cullen-screenshot1_v1.jpg

http://www.dragonage...s=1404598797363

Leliana:

screenshot1.jpg

http://www.dragonage...profile-leliana

#401 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'm really hoping that I can sabotage Cullen and get him killed, so he'll stop popping up in my games.

And Leliana can stay forever :drool:

#402 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Well this is badass. The surname for a human Inquisitor is Trevelyan.

I will now be naming my character Alec.

295604-alec_trevelyan.jpg

#403 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

Dat Josephine, though.

#404 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

At this point, who is left for them to profile?  Only people I can think of are Morrigan and Flemeth.  Unless of course they want to throw the fans a bone and include Shale and Sandal in there for grins and giggles.  As much as I enjoy reading these writer interviews and character profiles, I seriously would like some surprise going in.  It might be time to go radio silent, methinks.

#405 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

At this point, who is left for them to profile?  Only people I can think of are Morrigan and Flemeth.  Unless of course they want to throw the fans a bone and include Shale and Sandal in there for grins and giggles.  As much as I enjoy reading these writer interviews and character profiles, I seriously would like some surprise going in.  It might be time to go radio silent, methinks.

Fans asked for it so they got it. I don't feel too bothered by it.

#406 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

No one is talking about the E3 demo video?!?

#407 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Only showing basic Q&A and a couple screenshots is about all I'd want anyways. Enough to whet my appetite and let me know who I want in my party, but not enough for me to sit there and feel like "oh, I already know your entire story" when I run into them. For the most part, we don't even know what most of the companions even sound like. If they hold out until launch with this much info about each companion, then I'd consider this one of the better leadups to a game that BioWare has had.

#408 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

No one is talking about the E3 demo video?!?

Just watched it.  That is beautiful.  Seems like they are definitely channeling some Red Dead Redemption and I like the result.  Kinda weird seeing a horse in Thedas though.  

#409 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Part 2

#410 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Part 2

Iron Bull is a beast. That is all.

#411 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Some of the story stuff shown was interesting. It sure looked like Iron Bull and Sera were sent to their deaths to make time for Dorian to cast whatever that spell was. And Leliana made her own decision to murder her hostage even though the player ordered her not to! :lol: But presumably the scene could play out completely differently if you didn't happen to bring Dorian with you on that mission, or if you had sent another character instead of Leliana to get captured. Very interested in the possibilities.

#412 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Some of the story stuff shown was interesting. It sure looked like Iron Bull and Sera were sent to their deaths to make time for Dorian to cast whatever that spell was. And Leliana made her own decision to murder her hostage even though the player ordered her not to! :lol: But presumably the scene could play out completely differently if you didn't happen to bring Dorian with you on that mission, or if you had sent another character instead of Leliana to get captured. Very interested in the possibilities.

I thought I saw the PC give the amulet ultimatum in that scenario. That being said, Leliana is willful enough to do it anyway ;)

#413 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

If I read the options right, there was a "Kill him right away" line as well as a "We'll trade him for the amulet" line, and the player chose the latter, only to have Leliana immediately kill the guy without any negotiation.

Btw are you anexanhume on NeoGAF also? If so thanks for defending the pulpy dialogue in BioWare games. :lol: Like you (?) said, not sure what people are expecting from this or if they've just never played a BioWare game before.

#414 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

If I read the options right, there was a "Kill him right away" line as well as a "We'll trade him for the amulet" line, and the player chose the latter, only to have Leliana immediately kill the guy without any negotiation.

Btw are you anexanhume on NeoGAF also? If so thanks for defending the pulpy dialogue in BioWare games. :lol: Like you (?) said, not sure what people are expecting from this or if they've just never played a BioWare game before.

That's me everywhere. I've not seen anyone steal it after 10+ years :D

#415 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

I only watched a little, just to see real-time in-game footage, but wow.  The game looked damn, DAYUM, good!  Both in the visuals department and the flexibility in the battle system.  Good show, Bioware. 

#416 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

55 minute (audio) interview with lead writer David Gaider from GaymerX

#417 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Polygon invites you to be offended by the killing of imaginary monsters in Inquisition. Because it's not a BioWare game without some trumped-up controversy du jour, and I guess the whole gay romance angle isn't getting as much traction as it used to.

#418 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

All I can say to that piece of sensational media is : Fuck off!  Always something.  I thought better of Polygon.  Everybody is free to their opinion.  It's just that his is shit. 

#419 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

All I can say to that piece of sensational media is : Fuck off!  Always something.  I thought better of Polygon.  Everybody is free to their opinion.  It's just that his is shit. 

Agreed, chubby.  He's trying to find an issue with a game where there hasn't been one to date.  The fact that he fact-reaches back to RDR and tries to draw analogies into DA: I is ridiculous.  What happened with the bison in the Old West is correct for how it's portrayed in RDR, as that was how it went down.  Sheesh. 

The guy is trying entitled to his opinions, though yes, he's trying to stir up trouble where there isn't any and doesn't need to be any.

#420 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I was playing a little bit, I mean the meat of the article isn't quite as sensational as the headline and first few paragraphs. He actually has some praise for games like Red Dead Redemption and DAI that have more complicated ecology models than just "everything respawns forever" and wants to see more games explore that further, so that's all well and good. Still, seems pretty half-cocked to watch a 10-minute demo of a game that's not out yet and throw around words like "guilt," "murder," and "seething with anger" before playing the game to see if the situation actually merits that emotional response. And maybe it does, maybe killing that dragon will be a totally Renegade thing to do. :lol: But let's give the dang game a chance to actually come out first.

And really, I'm just not a fan at all of the whole "I'd rather be writing about identity politics and social issues but instead I'm stuck writing about these dumb video games so I'm going to just shoehorn my pet issue into this game preview" strain of games blogging.