- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

#13561 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the input. I've had the demo downloading but I wasn't sure if there were things in the game that aren't in the demo that caused issues for some people.

The demo runs you through a pretty representative sample of the game. The only major thing the demo doesn't do is driving (fairly standard GTA/SR3 type driving). That said I took taxis a lot (timesaver).

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13562 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Most people disagree with me and say you need a controller, but I thought it controlled just fine with KB+M.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13563 Severose   I'm okie dokie and loopy CAGiversary!   2428 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

For your own personal enjoyment, I bring you shiny yellow-colored keys for Edgeterritory II.

PC:
KBCBB-BFFWC-HKXBT-3TBTJ-9XZ3C
C35TB-ZWFCW-HCF3T-TTBTJ-RHWT6

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13564 RollingSkull   No Decisive Evidence CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

What the heck is Edgeterritory?
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#13565 The End   Has been playing Barbie Dreamhouse Party
PC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

I have no clue, but those appear to be Borderlands 2 Shift keys.

EDIT: oh, Edgeterritory II = Borderlands II. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. This dispite the fact that I spotted the keys as borderlands 2 keys right away. What can I say, I'm an idiot sometimes. lol

Edited by The End, 28 January 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#13566 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I have no clue, but those appear to be Borderlands 2 Shift keys.

EDIT: oh, Edgeterritory II = Borderlands II. I'm an idiot sometimes. lol

Less than two hours old. I'll admit, I still don't get it. Edge because of the cell shaded graphics?

http://orcz.com/Bord...est_Shift_Codes

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#13567 The End   Has been playing Barbie Dreamhouse Party
PC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Less than two hours old. I'll admit, I still don't get it. Edge because of the cell shaded graphics?

http://orcz.com/Bord...est_Shift_Codes

Edge = Border
Territory = Lands

#13568 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

>.> InterstitialZones imo

#13569 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   8100 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

I've gotten too lazy to redeem those things -- if only you could copy/paste.

#13570 The End   Has been playing Barbie Dreamhouse Party
PC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

What do you mean? To a redemption page on a website or something instead of in-game?

If you're talking about not being able to copy & paste it into the in-game redemption, all you gotta do is do Ctrl+C to copy & Ctrl+V to paste.

#13571 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   8876 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty
PS4

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

It looks like licensing with Hitman: Contracts will be sorted very soon.

I don't know, it comes out on Tuesday and I would of thought if they were bringing back vanilla Contracts to PC they would of done it on Hitman day on Steam. Since they had to rebuild it they probably just replaced the music with a different song and thus we are screwed out of a PC version. Such a shame as Traditions of the Trade (set in a hotel) is one of the most enjoyable missions of the franchise.

Guardian_owl.png

#13572 sleeping_lights_on   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

sleeping_lights_on

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

For sleeping dogs? Its there much of a collection or addictive element to the game? Say Vice Cities businesses or multiple safe houses? Cars to collect etc? Wealth to accum? I'm thinking of getting it. Is exploration rewarded?

#13573 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

What's that sound!?! OMG! Watch your head, it's a code drop!

Alien Shooter 2: Conscription

Spoiler

Duke Nukem Forever
Spoiler

Greed: Black Border
Spoiler

Magicka
Spoiler

Trapped Dead
Spoiler

Trine
Spoiler

Twin Sector
Spoiler

Victoria II:
Spoiler

Zombie Shooter
Spoiler

FYI, the Victoria II key is already redeemed. Thanks, though!

#13574 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14078 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Escape Dead Island
PC

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

For sleeping dogs? Its there much of a collection or addictive element to the game? Say Vice Cities businesses or multiple safe houses? Cars to collect etc? Wealth to accum? I'm thinking of getting it. Is exploration rewarded?

I would say so. A lot of the achievements are based on collecting all the cars, amassing a certain amount of wealth, winning so much money in cock fights, and trying every food dish offered in the entire city. I enjoyed all those aspects of it.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  Fortresscraft Evolved, Killing Floor, Once Bitten Twice Dead, Battlestations Midway

#13575 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13223 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Most people disagree with me and say you need a controller, but I thought it controlled just fine with KB+M.

It controls great with keyboard/mouse, although you may have to change a few of the key bindings around (I use a Logitech G700 and Logitech Setpoint which fixed any issues I had with the key bindings). The aiming accuracy with guns is perfect with mouse. They were good enough that they made me not want to play it with a controller.

#13576 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I don't know, it comes out on Tuesday and I would of thought if they were bringing back vanilla Contracts to PC they would of done it on Hitman day on Steam. Since they had to rebuild it they probably just replaced the music with a different song and thus we are screwed out of a PC version. Such a shame as Traditions of the Trade (set in a hotel) is one of the most enjoyable missions of the franchise.

I think you're being overly pessimistic. More factually, the PS3 & 360 HD re-release is certainly more $$$ important to them, and they wouldn't want to overshadow it by re-releasing the PC version of Contracts first. At this point PC version would certainly be more of an secondary priority/afterthought. At this point we don't even know if they re-licensed or changed the soundtrack, but we will soon. It was released on PC, so any avid fan can hunt down a used copy.

#13577 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10395 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

What do you mean? To a redemption page on a website or something instead of in-game?

If you're talking about not being able to copy & paste it into the in-game redemption, all you gotta do is do Ctrl+C to copy & Ctrl+V to paste.

You can copy-paste Shift codes. Sometimes, you might have to use the keyboard to navigate to enter the Shift code, else the cursor doesn't show up.

elessar123.png

#13578 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

I think you're being overly pessimistic. More factually, the PS3 & 360 HD re-release is certainly more $$$ important to them, and they wouldn't want to overshadow it by re-releasing the PC version of Contracts first. At this point PC version would certainly be more of an secondary priority/afterthought. At this point we don't even know if they re-licensed or changed the soundtrack, but we will soon. It was released on PC, so any avid fan can hunt down a used copy.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item337bf9c3eb

Not that bad of a price for something that's technically "out of print"

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#13579 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4928 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Moon Patrol

Syntax Error

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

I've copied/pasted all of my codes but sometimes it's flaky, refuses to acknowledge my pasting and gives me an error.

One of these days I'll need to actually play BL 2 and not just collect Shift codes for it. Just wrapping up Borderlands now after it sat in my backlog forever.

#13580 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Just wrapping up Borderlands now after it sat in my backlog forever.

Ha! Same here - I finished the main game three-four weeks ago (every single damn mission) and today finished the main missions and most of the side quests in DCL4 - and finally had enough of it. We're partying like it's 2009!

#13581 oman19   Master of the Universe CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Ha! Same here - I finished the main game three-four weeks ago (every single damn mission) and today finished the main missions and most of the side quests in DCL4 - and finally had enough of it. We're partying like it's 2009!

Lol I just started playing it about a week ago myself. Been wondering though if I'm missing something by not playing co-op.

#13582 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

I thought BL2 was pretty enjoyable (esp playing new game + with friends), but after beating TVH mode, I'm not sure I want to shell out for DLC. Is it really worth it? I know it was $7.50 at GMG before but I passed on that.
Posted Image

#13583 MillerTime2523   FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND CAGiversary!   8387 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Trials Fusion
XONE

MillerTime2523

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

+1 for Borderlands. I really love it a lot, I just have one more DLC to play through but overall it's been a blast. I was thinking about picking up Borderlands 2 for $15 on the trading thread but I don't want to get too burnt out by it, so I figure my backlog should keep me busy until BL2 hits 5 or 10 bucks.

I really hated the lack of fast travel in the General Knoxx DLC, but everything else was just fantastic.

#13584 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10395 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Lol I just started playing it about a week ago myself. Been wondering though if I'm missing something by not playing co-op.

It's ok single player. Co-op makes it much more fun though. Not just with randoms, but someone you level with, that's on the same quests as you, and same level, etc.

I thought BL2 was pretty enjoyable (esp playing new game + with friends), but after beating TVH mode, I'm not sure I want to shell out for DLC. Is it really worth it? I know it was $7.50 at GMG before but I passed on that.

Torgue (#2) is a good expansion in terms of story, and the equipment is good for explosive users. Hammlock (#3) is really really boring, and the new loot is horrible. Scarlett (#1) is mediocre, but you can farm gear in it like Knoxx.

elessar123.png

#13585 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   8100 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

That works? Tried it a bunch of times and it doesn't for me. Odd.

#13586 The End   Has been playing Barbie Dreamhouse Party
PC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, it works. If you're running into trouble doing that, make sure you didn't accidentally copy an extra space at the end of the key. I don't know why, but sometimes there is a space at the end that gets copied by mistake. Also, I sometimes have to hit Ctrl+V a couple of times for it to get entered into the key field.

It's a hell of a lot easier than writing the codes down and entering them manually. I would have given up ages ago withe the shift keys if Severose hadn't clued me in to the Ctrl+V method of pasting the keys.

#13587 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

I really hated the lack of fast travel in the General Knoxx DLC, but everything else was just fantastic.

Yeah, I gave up on that DLC around half-way for that reason but there's a mod for fast travel if you're interested:

http://forums.gearbo...ad.php?t=113184

#13588 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14078 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Escape Dead Island
PC

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Yeah, it works. If you're running into trouble doing that, make sure you didn't accidentally copy an extra space at the end of the key. I don't know why, but sometimes there is a space at the end that gets copied by mistake. Also, I sometimes have to hit Ctrl+V a couple of times for it to get entered into the key field.

It's a hell of a lot easier than writing the codes down and entering them manually. I would have given up ages ago withe the shift keys if Severose hadn't clued me in to the Ctrl+V method of pasting the keys.

I second this. It is very very easy to copy an extra space either in front or behind the shift code from CAG. I think maybe it's the forum or something, but even one space doesn't let you paste it. So you have to be very careful you don't copy any spaces. Then you can paste it easily. Sometimes I copy and paste using the Steam browser since it is easier to give it a second go if I messed up.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  Fortresscraft Evolved, Killing Floor, Once Bitten Twice Dead, Battlestations Midway

#13589 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   8100 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Aha, the space was the issue.

#13590 The End   Has been playing Barbie Dreamhouse Party
PC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I second this. It is very very easy to copy an extra space either in front or behind the shift code from CAG. I think maybe it's the forum or something, but even one space doesn't let you paste it. So you have to be very careful you don't copy any spaces. Then you can paste it easily. Sometimes I copy and paste using the Steam browser since it is easier to give it a second go if I messed up.

Usually, what I do is copy it from the post, then paste it into the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page. Then I copy it again from there.

I find it easier to see if I'm copying the space when I copy from the Quick Reply area.