GameStop Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition $29.99

I think I'm also in at $20. But then I'd have to get the previous games too. Only played the first remake on Xbox. Thought it was fun but so hard I couldn't enjoy it. Too punishing and unforgiving. I heard they added an easier mode in later releases. Guess I'll try out the free Vita version I picked up yesterday with PS+ and see.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Thought it was fun but so hard I couldn't enjoy it. Too punishing and unforgiving.[/QUOTE]
That's the fun of the series, well, before NG3.

I think everyone should wait for $20, the core game can be bought pretty cheap, so the best deal would be to wait for the overall price for this thing to go down.

[quote name='trunks982']I heard this one is bad but the Wii U version is better.[/QUOTE]

You heard correct. The Wii U version actually feels like NG...not as good as NGB and NG2 but better than NG3 and IMHO Sigma 2.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I think I'm also in at $20. But then I'd have to get the previous games too. Only played the first remake on Xbox. Thought it was fun but so hard I couldn't enjoy it. Too punishing and unforgiving. I heard they added an easier mode in later releases. Guess I'll try out the free Vita version I picked up yesterday with PS+ and see.[/QUOTE]

The original creator's (Itagaki) games have no easy modes. That list consists of:

Ninja Gaiden (Original Xbox)

Ninja Gaiden Black (Original Xbox)

[quote name='trunks982']I heard this one is bad but the Wii U version is better.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='plus1zero']You heard correct. The Wii U version actually feels like NG...not as good as NGB and NG2 but better than NG3 and IMHO Sigma 2.[/QUOTE]

As a big fan of the rebooted series, I have every single game released, even the broken NG3. I was almost ready to buy a Wii U just for this game to see how much the game has been corrected but decided against that idea because there are only 2 games I really want to play on the system (NG3 RE and Bayonetta 2). It's just not worth it to invest in a system for only 2 games, and an already obsolete one at that right from the start. Also, Nintendo online still can't do things right. Xbox Live of 2002 was better than what Nintendo is currently doing. I'll just patiently wait for Sigma 3 which is bond to happen. Don't believe NG3 RE is selling that well on the Wii U so Tecmo will find more ways to milk it. It's the trend post Itagaki by the new Team Ninja and new Tecmo/Koei.

There were 2 issues with these if memory serves.

A lot of statues were either broken in the box or missing weapons (cant honestly remember which, i just remember having to refund a few)

Also, some wire missing online pass'.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I think everyone should wait for $20, the core game can be bought pretty cheap, so the best deal would be to wait for the overall price for this thing to go down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the game was 10 dollars on Black Friday at Microsoft store.

[quote name='argyle']Man, if you guys are calling NG2 *polished* compared to this, I need to avoid this POS like the plague. ;)[/QUOTE]
When portions of the game have me struggling to find Ryu among a sea of similarly dressed enemies, fights where I literally just mash X while I surfed the web, preplanned parts where Ryu takes up half the screen and the game turns to a slow moving mess of Ryu slowly finding enemies to kill so he can move on and many other problems then yes, it is a fucking mess of a game. The fact that Team Ninja went for the longest time promoting the game as to having "character work" and trying to humanize Ryu, when instead it made the game worse with it's annoyingly awful begging enemy sequences that just makes you want to kill the enemies quicker to get it over with, means they had no idea what the fuck they were doing from the beginning.

I bought this on Jan 18th for $40 and was a little bummed out about the quality of the statue. It's pretty pathetic and the stand is just an ugly piece of plastic. Haven't even played the game yet. Was wondering if gamestop does price adjustments?

EDIT Just called. They will adjust the price.

[quote name='cobaltD']I bought this on Jan 18th for $40 and was a little bummed out about the quality of the statue. It's pretty pathetic and the stand is just an ugly piece of plastic. Haven't even played the game yet. Was wondering if gamestop does price adjustments?

EDIT Just called. They will adjust the price.[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked. GameStop never does that :shock:

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I'm shocked. GameStop never does that :shock:[/QUOTE]

They will if its within 14 days usually. Ive had them do it upto 30.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Yeah the game was 10 dollars on Black Friday at Microsoft store.[/QUOTE]

Not to defend NG3 or anything but a lot of games were $10 on black friday, good or bad. Couple notable ones were only $15 each released within a month or two.

So after 26 posts... No one decided to buy the collectors edition price of 29.99! I guess ill pass again since my gamestop still has a lot of these.

I bought it for this price months ago at my GS. Only problem with mine was that Ryu's sword was broken off, but with some good super glueing it looks like the sword is breaking as it slices the other guys arm.

[quote name='Reraise']They will if its within 14 days usually. Ive had them do it upto 30.[/QUOTE]

I work there and would be in huge trouble if I did that so... :|
Lucky u I guess? haha

I wonder if they'll make a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 with all the Wii content for the PS3/360 one day.

I'd probably buy it then. Playing as Kasumi is nice, but there is no way I'm buying a WiiU just for that.

[quote name='Kaiser499']That's alright, Sigma 3 will be out for the PS3 & 360 soon enough.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aerozero']I wonder if they'll make a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 with all the Wii content for the PS3/360 one day.

I'd probably buy it then. Playing as Kasumi is nice, but there is no way I'm buying a WiiU just for that.[/QUOTE]
I believe it was Nintendo who funded the development of 'Razor's Edge'. Which would seem to be that it'll stay exclusive to the Wii U, unless if Tecmo pays Nintendo to have it ported? But yes, I'd love Razor's Edge on PS3/Xbox 360, too. :(

I bought it when it was $39.99 as my Lamestop only had 1 copy left... This game is pure trash to anyone who enjoyed the previous NG games... my statue/figures sword was broken (common problem) as well as missing the craptastic "Online Code" (common problem). I only bought it because I owned both the NG Sigma Collector's Editions and felt like I needed to complete the trifecta... Buyer beware! :p

the regular edition is $16 on amazon...I think that's still asking too much. Personally, I'm not on the NG train as many others are. I felt there were serious gameplay flaws in both NG1 and 2 that people looked past because they were viewing the series with rose tinted glasses.

Demon's Souls / Dark Souls is a hard game...they don't deny it and I agree, it's artfully done. NG, on the other hand, is infuriating. It's not hard, it's cheap. It's Capcom fighting game end-boss cheap.

[quote name='KryllFood']the regular edition is $16 on amazon...I think that's still asking too much. Personally, I'm not on the NG train as many others are. I felt there were serious gameplay flaws in both NG1 and 2 that people looked past because they were viewing the series with rose tinted glasses.

Demon's Souls / Dark Souls is a hard game...they don't deny it and I agree, it's artfully done. NG, on the other hand, is infuriating. It's not hard, it's cheap. It's Capcom fighting game end-boss cheap.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden 1 was not cheap at all, Demon/Dark souls are a different kind of difficult, with tactics and patience. NG1 is about reflexes, speed, and reaction. If you get the skills for it, it's a very rewarding game.

NG2 on the other hand is incredibly cheap, 50% skill and 50% luck with some of the unpredictable attacks you receive and enemy types. It's like they thought of ideas for "challenges", and implemented them without a second thought. It felt very rushed.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Ninja Gaiden 1 was not cheap at all, Demon/Dark souls are a different kind of difficult, with tactics and patience. NG1 is about reflexes, speed, and reaction. If you get the skills for it, it's a very rewarding game.

NG2 on the other hand is incredibly cheap, 50% skill and 50% luck with some of the unpredictable attacks you receive and enemy types. It's like they thought of ideas for "challenges", and implemented them without a second thought. It felt very rushed.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with your comment. NG1 and NG2 were created by a very capable producer and his team. The issues in NG2 was because Itagaki had some serious problems with the company he worked with at the time of NG2's development. With stress, low morale, and impending resignation, it's surprising NG2 turned out the way it is. Seriously, if I'm being treated like that in my company and know I'm going to resign, I won't even do anything until that day. ;) Remember, he resigned the day his game was released, so he actually timed his resignation so that his final project at Tecmo was finished and out of the gate. That is dedication! He could have left the company earlier and let Hayashi take over NG2 (the thought of that just makes me cringe). If he didn't have beef with Tecmo, NG2 would turned out just as perfect as NG1 and we wouldn't have that trashy game known as NG3 now. Itagaki likes to design his game based on the hardware most capable of realizing his goals, not multiplatform just to make few more bucks. It makes perfect sense because each hardware has its pluses and minuses. To make a game for both systems, design would have to be altered to meet that goal. IMO, his philosophies are proper for developers and for the fans, but I'm sure Tecmo didn't like them for financial reasons. He probably wasn't very liked by upper management people even though he was the one who saved the company from going belly up a decade or two ago.

Like ... I want this ... but also like ... I already have the game (unopened) ... and I hear the game sucks ... but I like figurines ... ugh. Dilemma.

I may bite it for $20-ish just for the extra. The game itself not worth $10 on my book. I picked up $10 from Microsoft. I think i paid little too much for this game! :)

[quote name='Desousa93']Question. Does the game suck 100% or does it suck as a NG game?[/QUOTE]
I Say 100%. Not a single damn thing I can say is good about the game.

Got one, thanks for the heads up. Idk if they are going fast, but when I bought mine, the cashier said that they had 4 of them sitting in there forever, and that two other people bought one, and I was the third. Right as I was buying it, another gamestop called them wondering if they had any left in stock. So I don't know if it's my area, or if $30 was just the sweetspot for people to start buying them, so if your store only has a few left, now might be the time.

I might grab it if my local GS has it, I like figurines(I know it might be broken) and I've never been great at the NG games, so finishing one might be kinda nice haha.

I really hated the game. Really, REALLY hated this game. I'm tempted to get it just for the statue though. I really like statues(don't have the space for them tho lol). GS near my house has low stock and 1 of 2 GS near my workplace has it listed as just in stock. I don't know if I should get one now or wait for it to drop just a bit lower. I could always check it out tomorrow after I get off work.

Picked one up today on ps3. Had already beaten it on 360 but I liked the extras so ill open it to make sure it's not broken. Okay game but disappointing. Still have yet to play Sigma 2 so ill get to that as well.

[quote name='aerozero']I wonder if they'll make a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 with all the Wii content for the PS3/360 one day.

[/QUOTE]

That day is 4/2/13.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/06/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-coming-to-360-and-ps3

Hopefully, it won't be a $60 title. I already paid $60 for the beta version so MSRP should not be more than $40. The vanilla Ninja Gaiden on the original xbox was $50, then NGB (updated title) was retailed at $30. Hope Tecmo follows that tradition.

bread's done
Back