Amazon FUNimation Sale?

So is King of Thorn and I'm intrigued since it's supposed to be a sci-fi take on Sleeping Beauty. Can anyone chime in on this anime because I'm this close to a blind buy.

Screw it, manipulated my quick picks and got it for almost another dollar off. Hope it's as good as the reviews say!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Girl Season 1 is $25 and Season 2 is $31 also. The first 3 seasons of DBZ Kai are $28 (Blu-ray only, the DVD versions aren't discounted further for some reason).

[quote name='Jodou']So is King of Thorn and I'm intrigued since it's supposed to be a sci-fi take on Sleeping Beauty. Can anyone chime in on this anime because I'm this close to a blind buy.

Screw it, manipulated my quick picks and got it for almost another dollar off. Hope it's as good as the reviews say![/QUOTE]

After you watch it, would you mind sharing your perspective? I am intrigued as well but wonder what it would compare to.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh? How so?[/QUOTE]

Watching watched 800 series (half of them to completion), I can easily say that Black Lagoon is one of the best.

Edit: It's a hyperviolent show about mercenaries and their jobs. It's arc-based and well paced. At worst it's entertaining. At best, it's really entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']Not picking up Black Lagoon at that price would be a travesty.[/QUOTE]
I've seen the first season and can't honestly remember anything about it lol. I think it must've been one of those turn your brain off series and just enjoy.

[quote name='Jodou']I've seen the first season and can't honestly remember anything about it lol. I think it must've been one of those turn your brain off series and just enjoy.[/QUOTE]
Season 2 is much better and the main part people remember when they think of the show. Those creepy twins...

Anyway, at this price I could probably sell off my old Black Lagoon DVDs and get the Blu-ray at a profit lol

C?a hÃ$ng Chuyên Copy Phim - Copy Phim HD Gia Re - Copy Phim 3D Giá R? giá r? nh?t sÃ$i gòn

m?i ngu?i ?ng h? nha

?ng H? Chép phim V?i Nha

M?i Thông Tin Th?c M?c Xin Liên H?
Mr .Sang : 090.900.2107 - 090.300.2107
Add: 358/4 Cách M?ng Tháng Tám, P.10, Q.3, Tp.HCM
Map(1).jpg

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Season 2 is much better and the main part people remember when they think of the show. Those creepy twins...

Anyway, at this price I could probably sell off my old Black Lagoon DVDs and get the Blu-ray at a profit lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah those Geneon Black Lagoon steelbooks still fetch a pretty penny....

They're so nice though D:

Can anyone compare the quality of the Black Lagoon blu-rays vs the dvds, I have the 2 geneon steelbooks and hate having the same show on dvd and blu-ray.

[quote name='clawfrombelow']Can anyone compare the quality of the Black Lagoon blu-rays vs the dvds, I have the 2 geneon steelbooks and hate having the same show on dvd and blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely a noticeable upgrade, not to mention you'll be getting DVDs in this set also, so value wise you really can't go wrong. :eek:

[quote name='Capocci 007']Is Black Lagoon worth a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

Well I can't say as how this release holds up as I have the Geneon dvds. But as far as storyline content, yes definitely. :)

I owned Geneon Season 1 is kick ass. Season 2 is too expensive and it go OOP. Now it's time to pick up both season on blu-ray for low price ;)

[quote name='Capocci 007']Is Black Lagoon worth a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

It depends on your taste, really. I actually did not enjoy the series. Before buying the series, I highly suggest watching a few episodes for free (legally) on Hulu HERE

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']May be a dumb question but how different is Hellsing Ultimate compared to the original series?[/QUOTE]
Hellsing Ultimate follows the manga, while the original series followed the manga up to episode 5 or so before making shit up. Ultimate has fantastic animation, but the ending stumbles and falls apart since the manga ending also falls apart and makes no sense. So if you're a fan it's worth a shot, just be prepared to come out angry and confused over Alucard and many other things.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']May be a dumb question but how different is Hellsing Ultimate compared to the original series?[/QUOTE]

Best example to compare it to is FMA and FMA Brotherhood, so the answer is big difference.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Is fafner worth a blind buy at 29.99 for blu?[/QUOTE]

This series has some bad pacing problems...I didn't enjoy it myself, but I have heard other people who liked it. I don't recommend this as a blind-buy, unless you're really itching to spend $30 on something

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn you all, in for a copy of Black Lagoon on a blind buy. :wall:[/QUOTE]
Go watch it on youtube lol.

Add me to the list for a blind buy of Black Lagoon. Thanks OP and others in the thread for the recommendation. Looks like a quality show. Now I just need to sit down and finish watching Planetes.

Does anyone know if funi will be releasing the black lagoon ova? I already have black lagoon season 1 and 2 on dvd, but I'm still thinking about getting it on blu.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Does anyone know if funi will be releasing the black lagoon ova? I already have black lagoon season 1 and 2 on dvd, but I'm still thinking about getting it on blu.[/QUOTE]

I know they announce having the rights to the OVA. As to when we'll see it that;s up for question.

Grabbed Black Lagoon. I've seen the first 3ish episodes and enjoyed those so it seems like a good enough deal to me for the rest of it.. Thanks OP!

While BL may be featured, Steins Gate Part 2 is no slouch either. It is currently $10 cheaper than the usual price.

Why even bother picking up Steins;Gate when they'll release a complete collection later down the road that you can pick up for the price of either of the two parts right now?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Does anyone know if funi will be releasing the black lagoon ova? I already have black lagoon season 1 and 2 on dvd, but I'm still thinking about getting it on blu.[/QUOTE]

They announced they're trying to get back the original voice cast for the English dub.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Why even bother picking up Steins;Gate when they'll release a complete collection later down the road that you can pick up for the price of either of the two parts right now?

They announced they're trying to get back the original voice cast for the English dub.[/QUOTE]

b/c the Steins;Gate complete collection probably won't happen for a while.

No reason to waste money now though. CAGs go for the best deal.

Well... unless you didn't watch while it was airing/haven't seen it already. In which case, you're too much of a normal for the show anyway.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Why even bother picking up Steins;Gate when they'll release a complete collection later down the road that you can pick up for the price of either of the two parts right now?[/QUOTE]
Because I got Part 1 for cheap and can sell off the DVD version.

Why bother getting Black Lagoon now when they will release a collection with the OVA eventually?

bread's done
Back