God of War Saga $19.99 new @GS w/ PowerUp card

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga/104052

Half off for the Saga. It works in store, no pro membership needed. Just picked it up last night.

Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.
Vouchers work until 3/31/13

Nice find! I lost my physical card; would it activate the discount just by having the employee enter my phone number tied to the card?

$19.99 is a steal for this... although I'm sure they'll be a complete compilation including ascension at some point

Does it cost money to join Power Up?
I had a card once by gamestop - about 4-5 years ago that I lost - they werent able to find my information no matter what.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nice find! I lost my physical card; would it activate the discount just by having the employee enter my phone number tied to the card?

$19.99 is a steal for this... although I'm sure they'll be a complete compilation including ascension at some point[/QUOTE]

Most of the time i just give phone number and it links the card. You could buy it online, the card should be attached to your account. :)

I'm guessing this deal only works if you are a Power Up Rewards Pro Member?
Edit: Nvm. I don't have Pro, and it still worked! Thanks OP! I'll pick one up later today.

Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']FYI everyone planning on picking on this. The 1 free month of PS+ included with this expires on 3/31. Make sure to use it by then.[/QUOTE]

From my experience the PS Plus membership is very hit and miss now, as in its not in many cases. (Wasn't in mine)

And according to the voucher the 2 PSP games (which come as downloads) expire on 3/31.....

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I Love god if war but that collection is 5 games that all play VERY similarly... I couldn't handle it[/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with you there. I honestly cant tell the games apart sometimes, except for the better graphics on GoW3. Anyhow, I own all of these on their separate collections, so its not for me. Recommend it if you never played a GoW game, but I hope you enjoy the gameplay, cause all 5 games are extremely similar IMO.

Does this work in store? I never played a signle God of War game so this collection would be great for me to pick up. Also if I activated the two psp games on my psn account, can I download them later since I don't have much space? (I don't know how ps3 drm works since i usually buy stuff on xbox live.)

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Does this work in store? I never played a signle God of War game so this collection would be great for me to pick up. Also if I activated the two psp games on my psn account, can I download them later since I don't have much space? (I don't know how ps3 drm works since i usually buy stuff on xbox live.)[/QUOTE]
yes and yes.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Didn't drop down to $20......
I have my card applied...[/QUOTE]

Mine is doing the same thing, and I know I'm a Pro member. Does it matter that I'm on EBGames instead of GameStop? GS is blocked at work, but EBG isn't.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Mine is doing the same thing, and I know I'm a Pro member. Does it matter that I'm on EBGames instead of GameStop? GS is blocked at work, but EBG isn't.[/QUOTE]

it didnt work at first for me either, got mad and left the site, came back clicked on cart and the discount had then been applied. might try that

Might have to see about trading in some stuff to pick this up. Great price for great games.

In regards to the games playing too similarly, can't the same be said for CoD, Gears, Halo, (insert any game that has had multiple entries into the series), etc... I think the biggest thing to take away from the God of War games is the awesome story.

Try logging out and back in to your account if the promo isn't applying to your cart. That tends to work for me when the PUR discount won't show up.

[quote name='JoshTX']Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.[/QUOTE]

that's why I didn't like the saga since you could've already scored both GOW coll & GOW origins for $15 each and everything is on disc. Sell the codes call it a day. Plus BB has the controller bundles for $30.

[quote name='Enuf']that's why I didn't like the saga since you could've already scored both GOW coll & GOW origins for $15 each and everything is on disc. Sell the codes call it a day. Plus BB has the controller bundles for $30.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see the controller bundles for $30? I'd be interested in picking one up.

Was actually thinking about picking this up a few weeks ago. Want to try to platinum every GOW game since it's my favorite PS series. Hope Ascension doesn't throw a wrench in my plan by having MP trophies :(

Darn, the only ones I haven't played are the PSP games, but my PS3 craps out all the time (it won't even finish the 24MB DL to update the store) so the vouchers are a deal breaker for me. Oh well, guess I'll just stick with Ascension.

Wait, so if I don't get this by 31/13 I will never be able to get the complete collection? That effin sucks, I've got so many games to play:( any chance of PMing with Amazon?

On the topic of digital redemption... is there a way to check and see if the codes work before actually redeeming them? I have the GOW Saga coming from a cowboom deal, and I wanted to sell the CoO and GoS along with some other digital vouchers I had, but first I wanted to make they weren't already used.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Where do you see the controller bundles for $30? I'd be interested in picking one up.[/QUOTE]
Clearance BB ordered too many that's why all of them where $40 a few weeks back.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Darn, the only ones I haven't played are the PSP games, but my PS3 craps out all the time (it won't even finish the 24MB DL to update the store) so the vouchers are a deal breaker for me. Oh well, guess I'll just stick with Ascension.[/QUOTE]
just get the GH origins it's $20 MSRP but use a TRU buy 1 get 1 50% off $20 type deal.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Darn, the only ones I haven't played are the PSP games, but my PS3 craps out all the time (it won't even finish the 24MB DL to update the store) so the vouchers are a deal breaker for me. Oh well, guess I'll just stick with Ascension.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried resetting the settings? And do you have enough free space? I'm almost certain that if you go under Account Management on the XMB, you can enter and redeem codes without ever entering the store. I suppose if you can't download stuff, this might not work anyway. Maybe reboot your router, that always works for me:)

[quote name='Enuf']Clearance BB ordered too many that's why all of them where $40 a few weeks back.
[/QUOTE]

Well if they are now $30 in-store I may be hunting for one as I have $15 in reward-zone certs to use. I know of at least one store around me that easily had 3 rows of pegs packed with them. Thanks for posting this, $30 for a controller and the game is a much better deal. Also I don't have to deal with a potentially gutted copy which is more likely to happen at Gamestop.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Have you tried resetting the settings? And do you have enough free space? I'm almost certain that if you go under Account Management on the XMB, you can enter and redeem codes without ever entering the store. I suppose if you can't download stuff, this might not work anyway. Maybe reboot your router, that always works for me:)[/QUOTE]

I've tried everything. Reset setting, reset router, reset modem, go through wired connection, go through wireless connection, it just always craps out. Like it downloads part of it, says there are like 4 seconds remaining, stops, begins counting up (I've seen it say up to 15 minutes remaining for the update), then eventually just disconnects me.

Haven't been able to figure it out at all. Worked fine over wireless when I was at college. All other devices in the house (Vita, laptop, Kindle, Wii, 3DS) work fine over wireless and my 360 works no problem with my wired or wireless connection. I doubt it's anything wrong with the system because I've had no problems with it in at least two other locations, just always fucks up at my house.

Do the voucher codes for GoW: Chains of Olympus expire at the end of the month (3/31)? If so, I wonder what retailers will do with copies left on the shelves after then.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Do the voucher codes for GoW: Chains of Olympus expire at the end of the month (3/31)? If so, I wonder what retailers will do with copies left on the shelves after then.[/QUOTE]

Probably convert them to used. As far as I know GS sells used copies of the Saga collection already that likely have had the vouchers used already. Still collects the HD collection of the original games with GoW3 on disc, so it's not like they are completely without value.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Do the voucher codes for GoW: Chains of Olympus expire at the end of the month (3/31)? If so, I wonder what retailers will do with copies left on the shelves after then.[/QUOTE]

I still don't know why PSN has their content codes expire. I can understand on promotional codes, retail ones package with games make no sense. At my nearest Wally World has three titles on display with expire codes in them. If anyone actually does buy them their just going to be returned immediately.

I'm on the fence on this one. I'm not squeamish, but I've heard GoW3 is plain old gross at time. I don't want to get something that will make me uncomfortable while playing it. Could I get some opinions on this?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm on the fence on this one. I'm not squeamish, but I've heard GoW3 is plain old gross at time. I don't want to get something that will make me uncomfortable while playing it. Could I get some opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

The most gruesome part is you get a full frontal shot of Kratos ripping a guy's head off. Depends how uncomfortable a CGI scene like that would make you. Kratos kicks ass yo!

[quote name='Donut2922']The most gruesome part is you get a full frontal shot of Kratos ripping a guy's head off. Depends how uncomfortable a CGI scene like that would make you. Kratos kicks ass yo![/QUOTE]

I played the demo, is that as bad as it gets? is it weird that as soon as I read full frontal I imagined Kratos naked? (no homo)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm on the fence on this one. I'm not squeamish, but I've heard GoW3 is plain old gross at time. I don't want to get something that will make me uncomfortable while playing it. Could I get some opinions on this?[/QUOTE]

It's gross in a lot of times, but the kratos getting laid mini game is there to wash the gross away for a moment.:)

EDIT: No, I don't remember seeing kratos buck naked in the game.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I played the demo, is that as bad as it gets? is it weird that as soon as I read full frontal I imagined Kratos naked? (no homo)[/QUOTE]

you like seeing intestines spill out in high detail ? the game has that in droves ! legs getting cut off with the meat hanging from them ? yep that too. also the aftermath from the fight with mr kevin sorbo is kinda nasty lmao. and of course the raunchiest sounding sex scene in gow history :)

bread's done
Back