God of War Saga $19.99 new @GS w/ PowerUp card

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga/104052

Half off for the Saga. It works in store, no pro membership needed. Just picked it up last night.

Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.
Vouchers work until 3/31/13

[quote name='TeamSwish']Mine was sealed but without the month of plus code. Slightly bummed.

I found it purely on accident. I just got a ps3 and I bought the collection that was just GoW 1 & 2 but I decided to take it back and get the Saga instead. Checking the location checker I came across the bonus discount. I was very happy about that.

I have Ascension Collector's preordered. Yeah it might be GoW overkill for me.[/QUOTE]

None of the new run Collections have the ps plus vouchers in them. However, if you contact Sony they will get you one......eventually..... Just have to wait like 3-5 days....stupid!

Reason they have to give you one is they still advertise it on their web site, and it's probably still on gamestops page as well... (Not checking ATM, haha)

[quote name='Slight Defect']you do realize that the PS4 announcement thing he was trying to sign you up for was simply a email to let you know when they start PS4 preoders and costs NOTHING right? :roll:[/QUOTE]

It is the PRINCIPLE of the matter here. He reached over picked up the pen, hitting accept as it came up, giving me NO OPPORTUNITY in which to do so myself.

Cashiers at Kmart have done this, with printing no receipt; an employee acting in such a manner is a completely unacceptable business practice.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']None of the new run Collections have the ps plus vouchers in them. However, if you contact Sony they will get you one......eventually..... Just have to wait like 3-5 days....stupid!

Reason they have to give you one is they still advertise it on their web site, and it's probably still on gamestops page as well... (Not checking ATM, haha)[/QUOTE]

Address for Sony ad

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-PlayStation-Action-Adventure-Game/en/p/PS399069

clearly states 1 month of ps plus >.>

[quote name='Bigmeat23']From my experience the PS Plus membership is very hit and miss now, as in its not in many cases. (Wasn't in mine)

And according to the voucher the 2 PSP games (which come as downloads) expire on 3/31.....[/QUOTE]

So I guess that means anyone who buys the saga after that date misses out on the PSP games and only gets a God of War trilogy. As for the PS Plus voucher, I'm guessing it's hit and miss now since it was originally included to give people a chance to play the Ascension beta that was on Plus.

[quote name='Judge Magister']So I guess that means anyone who buys the saga after that date misses out on the PSP games and only gets a God of War trilogy. As for the PS Plus voucher, I'm guessing it's hit and miss now since it was originally included to give people a chance to play the Ascension beta that was on Plus.[/QUOTE]

Yea idk. I mean I have my copy right here and my couches c,early shows the 3/31/13 date fr the 2 HD PSP games. (Luckily I've already downloaded them)

As for the PS Plus. Yes I think you're right and it was only included in the "first run" copied of the game but they still advertise it everywhere. Like I said it clearly says it right on Sonys page, and where I bought it off amazon.

I contacted amazon and Sony and after a week I got it taken care of. They have to give it to you when they are still advertising it.

Just an FYI people. The discount applies during CHECKOUT once you reach the payment options page.

not in your cart.

At least it did the first time. Now when I add it to cart it shows it in cart.

Weird.

are these 5 separate ps3 games with 5 separate trophy lists? this is important lol

i'm reading you all say these are psp games but i see these games for purchase on psn for ps3... i may be reading something wrong though

[quote name='Tom Jane']Awesome deal; must buy. I got it when it was on sale back for Gamers Unlocked at BBY. It was around this price ($15 or $20). Easily worth the $40, for $20 no brainer.[/QUOTE]Almost all the good HD collections where damn near 50% or more from BB either thru ad, RZ coupon, DOTD or @gamer coupon. Both of the GOW ones, Ico/SOTC were $15 w/i 3-4 weeks of release.

[quote name='hle078']i wonder if the origins collection will ever go on sale... too cheap to buy the saga since i already have 1,2, 3 and doesnt make sense to pay 20 for origins when the saga is 20...[/QUOTE]The best way to get $20 MSRP titles cheap is too do the TRU b1g1 40%-50% off with a like title. There's generally always a $20 or less game that makes the deal.

[quote name='Pravado']are these 5 separate ps3 games with 5 separate trophy lists? this is important lol

i'm reading you all say these are psp games but i see these games for purchase on psn for ps3... i may be reading something wrong though[/QUOTE]
yes and yes. all ps3 games.

Just letting people know, to calm this mass hysteria .....

Sony's codes do not usually expire on the date printed. I have entered codes way beyond the date expired and the code worked.

Another reason is that Sony knows of the upcoming expiration and thus INCREASES the date. It's fully within their power to do so.

[quote name='doc_j88']Just letting people know, to calm this mass hysteria .....

Sony's codes do not usually expire on the date printed. I have entered codes way beyond the date expired and the code worked.

Another reason is that Sony knows of the upcoming expiration and thus INCREASES the date. It's fully within their power to do so.[/QUOTE]
true, but it's always good to be safe than sorry.

[quote name='doc_j88']Just letting people know, to calm this mass hysteria .....

Another reason is that Sony knows of the upcoming expiration and thus INCREASES the date. It's fully within their power to do so.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I might have already said this in this thread... >.> But I have a R&C Quest for Booty voucher included with the copy of All 4 One that I recently bought at Target, and the code has a listed expiration date of 12/31/12. Aaaaand it didn't work when I tried it about a week ago.

So, sorry to pour gas on the flames of mass hysteria, but yeah, there's a decent chance you could get screwed over if you dilly dally.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I feel like I might have already said this in this thread... >.> But I have a R&C Quest for Booty voucher included with the copy of All 4 One that I recently bought at Target, and the code has a listed expiration date of 12/31/12. Aaaaand it didn't work when I tried it about a week ago.

So, sorry to pour gas on the flames of mass hysteria, but yeah, there's a decent chance you could get screwed over if you dilly dally.[/QUOTE]

Target exclusive code versus every copy has a code (details make a difference)

[quote name='Shimrra']What is the expiration date on the PSP games included with the game?[/QUOTE]

:dunce: ...have you checked the 1st post?

[quote name='NINJA V']:dunce: ...have you checked the 1st post?[/QUOTE]

v5lily.jpg

Haven't had my coffee yet.

^ lol - now that is hilarious + nice kate upton gif drooooooooool. she may have kicked down jenny mccarthy off my #1 spot.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Target exclusive code versus every copy has a code (details make a difference)[/QUOTE]

THIS^^

I was in target and saw the case with the voucher and thought it was strange because i never seen it before. It definitely wasn't on my copy of R&C All 4 one i purchased from Gamestop.

Limited edition and Store exclusive codes are different, because they are usually included in the first "batch" of the game where their purpose is extra incentive for the consumer to buy the game when it first releases. Not two years after the game has dropped.

GOW Saga is different with the simple fact that the case/purpose of the collection advertises 5 games, even on the back.

For Sony to forsake that, opens them up to many false advertisement claims and the strong likelihood of being sued.

I doubt your codes will expire

[quote name='doc_j88']GOW Saga is different with the simple fact that the case/purpose of the collection advertises 5 games, even on the back.

For Sony to forsake that, opens them up to many false advertisement claims and the strong likelihood of being sued.[/QUOTE]

In my defense, there is absolutely nothing on the All 4 One case implying that the code is a limited time offer. But then you look at the slip, and egads! There's an expiration date. Also, it's not like Target themselves cranked out these codes... that's still Sony's dealio.

All I'm saying is I would suggest that you err on the side of caution; given what I do know (not much, granted) from my own experience and The Internets, there's a decent chance they'll forgive you and a better chance they'll screw you on those codes.

I haven't tried pestering anyone to see if I could nab a replacement code, so I can't speak for that process.

Got a sealed copy at Gamestop yesterday, Thanks OP!

Went home to try to redeem Origins code but was hit with an invaild code. :cry:
Going to have to try & excahnge it for another sealed copy at gamestop today.
Odd how the voucher didn't work and it says it expires on 3/31.

[quote name='Dragonball']Got a sealed copy at Gamestop yesterday, Thanks OP!

Went home to try to redeem Origins code but was hit with an invaild code. :cry:
Going to have to try & excahnge it for another sealed copy at gamestop today.
Odd how the voucher didn't work and it says it expires on 3/31.[/QUOTE]
Shit, guess I should crack my copy open and try mine out. Let us know how your exchange goes.

Picked up a sealed copy last night.

Ended up trading in some of those .99 cent pre-owned psp games that I picked up from Best Buy with a couple of old PS3 games laying around and got that extra $10 promo x 2. Pre-orderd black flag to get the free poster and renewed my Pro membership that they've been harassing me about for a month now. Bet the clerk was thrilled to get a pre-order AND a renewal added to his numbers!

[quote name='gldoorii']I have a Power Up points cards, but not the subscription one. Will it still get me this lower price?[/QUOTE]

Ye I have the black (free) card and got one for $20

[quote name='dark_inchworm']In my defense, there is absolutely nothing on the All 4 One case implying that the code is a limited time offer. But then you look at the slip, and egads! There's an expiration date. Also, it's not like Target themselves cranked out these codes... that's still Sony's dealio.

All I'm saying is I would suggest that you err on the side of caution; given what I do know (not much, granted) from my own experience and The Internets, there's a decent chance they'll forgive you and a better chance they'll screw you on those codes.

I haven't tried pestering anyone to see if I could nab a replacement code, so I can't speak for that process.[/QUOTE]

You could always contact sony as to regards of the code, I have heard they are pretty good with that sort of thing ( never personally have done it)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Shit, guess I should crack my copy open and try mine out. Let us know how your exchange goes.[/QUOTE]

Went to exchanged my GoW Saga; it was fast and no questions asked. This time the voucher actually worked! Not sure what was wrong with the other code but I'm happy that I got the GoW saga for $20. :D

[quote name='Dragonball']Went to exchanged my GoW Saga; it was fast and no questions asked. This time the voucher actually worked! Not sure what was wrong with the other code but I'm happy that I got the GoW saga for $20. :D[/QUOTE]

My voucher for GoW: Origins doesn't work either. Sent Playstation Support an email to address the issue and also the missing voucher for PS+ one month free trial. Maybe bother to change one copy from Gamestop when weather turns better.

The code for the Origins Collection shouldn't expire. I picked up a used copy of Uncharted 2 GOTY editon at Gamestop a few weeks ago so I could flip it to Best Buy. It had the voucher in it for all of the GOTY content but I thought since it's a used game I'm pretty sure the previous owner already used it. To add to this it had an expiration date in November of 2012 so I now I really thought it wouldn't work but still I thought what the hell I'll just try it anyways. Well, it worked. This makes me think that Sony is really lax about the expiration dates on their codes.

[quote name='bige562']The code for the Origins Collection shouldn't expire. I picked up a used copy of Uncharted 2 GOTY editon at Gamestop a few weeks ago so I could flip it to Best Buy. It had the voucher in it for all of the GOTY content but I thought since it's a used game I'm pretty sure the previous owner already used it. To add to this it had an expiration date in November of 2012 so I now I really thought it wouldn't work but still I thought what the hell I'll just try it anyways. Well, it worked. This makes me think that Sony is really lax about the expiration dates on their codes.[/QUOTE]

Not for me. My copy of Uncharted 2 GOTY had the codes as well. I was unaware of the expiration date. Bad on my part. I tried to use the codes about 3 months ago and they didn't work.

Again, bad on me for not checking the dates. :dunce:

So I emailed Sony about the missing month trial of ps plus... Got the run around a few times "you emailed the wrong dept" etc etc. Someone told me the free month is included with the download code for the two games and for me to check my subscription info to make sure the free month was there. I thought that was funny and checked. Nope not there. I emailed again. I wonder if I'll end up getting it.

I hate those psn codes that may or may not have expired. At least I don't have to worry about GOW Saga, as I already own the Origins collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hvae a powerup rewars card, dont care if its free, that they could pm me? Cant find my physical one ad dont have time to run to gamestop to get one

[quote name='Punisher138']I think this deal is dead, no? It shows up as 39.99 even after I enter all my power up info.[/QUOTE]

Website is still showing the bonus, so deal is still live as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Website is still showing the bonus, so deal is still live as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its working now. I guess I had to go all the way through the checkout.

In for one. Just picked up GoW Saga in-store. Got the half off discount, but the clerk did ask to see my power up card.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Target exclusive code versus every copy has a code (details make a difference)[/QUOTE]

Tell that to people who picked up the Killzone 3 CE on clearance and had codes that didn't work. Same with the Uncharted 2 GotY edition recently.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Tell that to people who picked up the Killzone 3 CE on clearance and had codes that didn't work. Same with the Uncharted 2 GotY edition recently.[/QUOTE]

I used my uncharted 2 code (expiration date 12/31/12) in February and it worked, they are only guaranteed until the expiration date.

The code that are widespread, are more likely to be usable after the date.

bread's done
Back