God of War Saga $19.99 new @GS w/ PowerUp card

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga/104052

Half off for the Saga. It works in store, no pro membership needed. Just picked it up last night.

Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.
Vouchers work until 3/31/13

How I hate DLC codes... but this is a pretty good deal. If I hadn't already played all the games I wouldn't be so on the fence and probably would have jumped at the opportunity to get this.

Sony/Playstation wants me to email them a picture of the barcode and the receipt from the game and supposedly they will give me a month of PS plus that was missing from the game.

Picked this up today, thanks for the heads up, OP. It's a goddamn steal. I'm assuming they're selling this at such a discounted price because the vouchers for the Origins games expire at the end of the month.

My voucher didn't end up working, either. Sigh. What is the support email? I can't find it on the website.

[quote name='kojiro']Got mine! Code worked without issue, though there was no PS+ code.[/QUOTE]

was yours sealed or opened ? ive been worried that employess are possibly taking out the ps+ codes out of the opened copys which isnt fair

[quote name='strait edge follower']was yours sealed or opened ? ive been worried that employess are possibly taking out the ps+ codes out of the opened copys which isnt fair[/QUOTE]

Mine was sealed and had no evidence of ever being opened and my code didn't work. You just get lucky, I guess. :p

[quote name='strait edge follower']was yours sealed or opened ? ive been worried that employess are possibly taking out the ps+ codes out of the opened copys which isnt fair[/QUOTE]

It really does make you wonder, though. Why do they open "new" games and take the disc out, and put it in a sleeve, and THEN sell it as "brand new"? My copy of Arkham Asylum GOTY was that way. Everything worked as it was supposed to, but it just makes me wonder...

This game came out last summer (July or August). Why would they have it set up so that the code for the Origins games expires at the end of March?

Wouldn't that make the set relatively worthless? Wouldn't retail stores need to advertise the fact that two of the games won't work next month?

I was trying to input the code SAVER someone suggested to get free shipping but it says it expired on 2/28/13. Anyone know of any others codes that might work? Or is there a certain amount you can spend to get free shipping?

[quote name='marjincharge']I was trying to input the code SAVER someone suggested to get free shipping but it says it expired on 2/28/13. Anyone know of any others codes that might work? Or is there a certain amount you can spend to get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's over $25. Just go B&M, that's what I did.

I just spoke to customer support about my non-valid voucher for Origins. I had to send them a photo of my receipt and of the voucher/code itself. The guy helping me via live chat said it takes about 4-6 days to process. Bleh. I wanna play it now!

Anyone that had to do this get a working code yet?

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']I believe it's over $25. Just go B&M, that's what I did.

I just spoke to customer support about my non-valid voucher for Origins. I had to send them a photo of my receipt and of the voucher/code itself. The guy helping me via live chat said it takes about 4-6 days to process. Bleh. I wanna play it now!

Anyone that had to do this get a working code yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't read the whole thread so excuse me, but are the people that are having problems with the Origins DLC code buy New/Sealed copies or "Gamestop New"?

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']I believe it's over $25. Just go B&M, that's what I did.

I also added Red Faction: Armageddon to my cart making the total $25.98 and still didn't get free shipping. Guess I'll have to go in store, hopefully they still have them in stock.

[quote name='marjincharge']I also added Red Faction: Armageddon to my cart making the total $25.98 and still didn't get free shipping. Guess I'll have to go in store, hopefully they still have them in stock.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it says expired, but go checkout. When you get to the shipping speed selection screen, it will show Value shipping for $0. So, it works.

Just went through this myself. Bought a new sealed copy earlier today and my code came up "not correct or no longer valid". There was no PS+ code either, but thinking there might have been multiple production runs of this. I could have sworn the release copies mentioned the PS+month trial on the cover, where my copy has no mention of it.

[quote name='bebop242']Just went through this myself. Bought a new sealed copy earlier today and my code came up "not correct or no longer valid". There was no PS+ code either, but thinking there might have been multiple production runs of this. I could have sworn the release copies mentioned the PS+month trial on the cover, where my copy has no mention of it.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm there are at least two printings. The first included the 1 month of PS+ and the second didn't.

I also think the first had some error about all the games being 3D compatible when they weren't.

It is odd that the Origins codes aren't working. Not sure why you would release a game in a digital / physical combo and have the codes expire 8 months later.

Finally had a chance to redeem my code, I got a working one.

So for anyone that's played all these games. What's the best order to play them in?

[quote name='Brother Daz']So for anyone that's played all these games. What's the best order to play them in?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played GOW3 yet, but as far as the others go, I say just play them in the order they were released.

I had to jump on this. I stopped by BB on the way to pick up the DBZ Kinect game to trade in along with my original GoW Collection and a junk $2 game (so I could get the $10 bonus) to get enough to upgrade. Great price for so much content!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Finally had a chance to redeem my code, I got a working one.

So for anyone that's played all these games. What's the best order to play them in?[/QUOTE]

You really can't go wrong.. I wouldn't play 1 before 2 or COO before Ghost of Sparta but other then that it doesn't matter.

I played the consoles (1, 2, 3) before the PSP titles but just pick an order and play them. Great games and unless you're a completionist you should be able to power through them in 6 or so hours each game.

[quote name='blindinglights']I haven't played GOW3 yet, but as far as the others go, I say just play them in the order they were released.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']You really can't go wrong.. I wouldn't play 1 before 2 or COO before Ghost of Sparta but other then that it doesn't matter.

I played the consoles (1, 2, 3) before the PSP titles but just pick an order and play them. Great games and unless you're a completionist you should be able to power through them in 6 or so hours each game.[/QUOTE]

Also, and I know this is somewhat obvious, playing them in the order they were released allows you to experience the improvements they made along the way. While all of these are basically the same game, going backwards can be jarring sometimes if they made a key improvement in a certain area.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Finally had a chance to redeem my code, I got a working one.

So for anyone that's played all these games. What's the best order to play them in?[/QUOTE]

I've been playing order of release so it keeps in Taft anything that could be given away another way. That order would be:

God of War
God of War II
God of War Chains of Olympus
God of War III
God of War Ghost of Sparta

In the last 2-3 weeks I have beaten all but "Sparta". The games are amazing! And I'm playing them for the first time just in time for Ascension!

[quote name='Zolor23']Actually, it says expired, but go checkout. When you get to the shipping speed selection screen, it will show Value shipping for $0. So, it works.[/QUOTE]

I ended up just going to the store to pick up both games.

im doing the same thing... kind of ridiculous if you ask me... if they cant figure out digital distribution, they should have just included it on disc... but eh as long as they fix it ill be happy

Sealed, though I have to say it was a rather loose seal and I've never had a ps3 game sealed the way this one was.

Not sure if this is a bogus response from Sony support, but I was just told there was a glitch in the store for people having trouble with the voucher to download COO and GOS. When I called about the GOW Saga collection, tech support immediately interrupted me and asked if I can't redeem my code and that's when he explained there is a fix in the works and by Tuesday it should be fine.

Any of you call Sony and had the same thing said to you?

Hmm seeing all these posts about the codes not working is disturbing, tempted to just return my copy while it is still sealed, just got it in the mail today.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Hmm seeing all these posts about the codes not working is disturbing, tempted to just return my copy while it is still sealed, just got it in the mail today.[/QUOTE]

sony will have to do something about it, the expiration date isnt until the 31st. not like you are just going to get screwed out of those games. id also be more concerned if some worked, some didnt, at this point it seems like none are working.

[quote name='ritchardf']sony will have to do something about it, the expiration date isnt until the 31st. not like you are just going to get screwed out of those games. id also be more concerned if some worked, some didnt, at this point it seems like none are working.[/QUOTE]

I posted yesterday that my code worked just fine. (Non ps+ version)

I bought 2 with win2013($10 off) and got them for $35.06. My tax was based off the $80 msrp instead of the total - how do I get this adjusted?

I'm tempted to go and exchange it at a retail GameStop, but I feel like that'd be a waste if (from anecodtal evidence) it sounds like most won't work until Sony fixes it anyway.

I also got a sealed non PS+ copy and the code didn't work. contacted Sony chat support and they had me email in a picture of my receipt and download slip. here's hoping they sort it out.

This package is a complete fail on sony's part. Not only did my origins code not work, but the second disc, GoW 3, just shows the opening credits and then a blank screen. I have tried it with and without the update and going offline. Disc 1 works fine, but disc 2 is unplayable. What kind of response should I expect from gamestop?

If you're lucky enough to have gotten the coupon for 15% off a new game, it stacks on top of the $20. So I was able to pick up god of war saga for $18 after taxes.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Darn, the only ones I haven't played are the PSP games, but my PS3 craps out all the time (it won't even finish the 24MB DL to update the store) so the vouchers are a deal breaker for me. Oh well, guess I'll just stick with Ascension.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like overheating. Probably need new thermal paste.

You guys are making me worried. I won't be able to open my copy until late April (when I get back from school). I missed it when GS had it for $15 so i had to get it now.

bread's done
Back