God of War Saga $19.99 new @GS w/ PowerUp card

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga/104052

Half off for the Saga. It works in store, no pro membership needed. Just picked it up last night.

Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.
Vouchers work until 3/31/13

So my code was invalid as well. I called Sony Support and it concluded with me having to email a picture of the receipt and code to them. It seems to be on their part being that they said in some circumstances it said the code was valid and under other circumstances it wasnt (whatever that means).

Anyways I emailed them a photo of the receipt and code and they said I should get an email with a valid code in the next couple of days.

TL;DR call Sony support and they should help you out.

Code didn't work, game didn't come with one month of PS+ as advertised. At least my god of war 3 disc works

Gonna have to deal with sony support now, ugh

[quote name='purplepanda']Just wondering if anyone else had trouble with the second disc not playing?[/QUOTE]

Saw your post earlier and went to try my GOD 3 disk since my code was invalid and it seems to work.

To those saying they are missing the PS+ code, do you know that there were multiple pressings of this and only the first pressing has the PS+ trial included? Just a heads up.

I have added this to my cart several times and the discount isn't showing up. I've tried leaving the page and going back. No dice. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix?

EDIT: never mind. I just went through checkout and near the end the discount finally showed up. Now to decide if I really want to buy it... and why not. Submitted order. Thanks OP! It says this deal ends today, BTW.

[quote name='revsmitty']Bah, code didn't work here either. Had to send in pretty photos to Sony support.[/QUOTE]

i had to do the same, i mentioned the missing code for playstation plus and they checked the product page and said it does show a month should be included. they had me include in the email with pictures a note saying i didnt get it. they said that way it could be fixed both in one email.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Do you need the disk still to play the Origins downloads?[/QUOTE]

no, they download to your system, dont ever need a disk for them

Ended up returning the unopened game to gamestop. Buying and playing a game should be fun, not a hassle and introduction to more work.

My Origins code worked fine last week. The downloads took forever though.

I might have to check the second disc sometime this week to back sure it works.

I checked my GOWIII disc and it seemed to work fine. I ended up sending Sony pictures of my reciept/voucher code too, so hopefully that works itself out soon.

I may be the only one who got in on this deal who doesn't actually care about the PS+ code and whether or not it should have been included. The two download games redeemed fine, so I'm good.

[quote name='plus1zero']So mine didnt have the PS+ code. What do I need to do, just contact Sony support?[/QUOTE]

Only the first print run had PS+ codes. It shouldn't have been implied by anyone that these would have the codes unless your store happened to have a really old copy.

Code worked fine and played through the first boss of GOW3 just to make sure that was fine. I got my copy with a PM at Best Buy, though. Maybe Gamestop got a bad batch?

[quote name='SackAttack']I may be the only one who got in on this deal who doesn't actually care about the PS+ code and whether or not it should have been included. The two download games redeemed fine, so I'm good.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about it either. It didn't say anything on the box about it so I am entitled to nothing.

Awesome deal for me! I had purchased the origins collection on sale digitally at one point around christmas and I flipped the code included for 18 bucks. So I only paid around 3 dollars for GoW 1-3!

umm I guess I will have to put the GOW III disc to try it out. I bought the saga a few months back when all the sony collections were 50% w/ the coupon. Since I had already finished GoWIII on the original disc that I later traded it in for the collection I have never played the one that came in the saga.

[quote name='tangodown09']Awesome deal for me! I had purchased the origins collection on sale digitally at one point around christmas and I flipped the code included for 18 bucks. So I only paid around 3 dollars for GoW 1-3![/QUOTE]

About 75% of people who bought this, have said that their codes didn't work, so chances are you just sold someone a dud.

[quote name='spacebooger']Mine came with no book and the code does not work. Should this game have come with a manual and working codes?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't surprised with the manual bit -- a lot of games these days just put in a slip of paper and a digital manual on disc. But working codes? Yes. Contact Sony.

Hey all, just a quick heads-up on the promo codes not working thing. I just ended a chat and it appears Sony knows about the issue. The rep told me this:

"I'm aware of an issue with a few of these codes in that they will not work until tomorrow. I'd recommend trying to put in the code tomorrow and I bet it will work. If it does not then, we can go ahead and set up a process to fix it."

I'll wait until tomorrow's PSN update to see if this all shakes out.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Only the first print run had PS+ codes. It shouldn't have been implied by anyone that these would have the codes unless your store happened to have a really old copy.[/QUOTE]

it wasnt implied by anyone, it is blantantly stated on gamestop.com and the sony site for god of war saga that a monh of ps plus is included. i dont care if it was a first run thing, because if that is true, they shouldnt advertise it as being included.

Just tried my Origin code now and it works! Either Sony fixed something on their end or, for some strange reason, the Saga DLC codes were tied/in conflict with GOW: Ascension -- I have an early copy of Asenscion whose online pass wasn't redeemable until now.

My code is now working too. Definitely fixed.

I'm guessing the older copy codes properly expired at 3/31/13, but the second run were entered incorrectly and expire early.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Where the hell do I contact sony support!

I've checked all three of their sites. Nothing is useful for helping me with my codes.....[/QUOTE]

You didn't look. I was able to find PSN support within 30 seconds

My order shipped yesterday. Which is too bad because I'd decided to cancel and tried to. I tried the online cancel but it didn't work and so I sent an email, but they denied me. At the time it hadn't shipped, but they said it was packaged for shipment. Oh well. I just have too many games already. Didn't really need 3 more.

[quote name='crunchewy']My order shipped yesterday. Which is too bad because I'd decided to cancel and tried to. I tried the online cancel but it didn't work and so I sent an email, but they denied me. Oh well. I just have too many games already. Didn't really need 3 more.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean 5?

bread's done
Back