God of War Saga $19.99 new @GS w/ PowerUp card

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga/104052

Half off for the Saga. It works in store, no pro membership needed. Just picked it up last night.

Keep in mind that the COO and GOS (the psp ports) in this set are digital and are included with vouchers only, not on disc. It's good for people to know this in case they have limited hard drive space or don't have an active connection where their PS3 is at, so they won't be in for a rude awakening.
Vouchers work until 3/31/13

Awesome deal; must buy. I got it when it was on sale back for Gamers Unlocked at BBY. It was around this price ($15 or $20). Easily worth the $40, for $20 no brainer.

You can always get the God of War: Origins Collection which are the 2 psp games playable PS3 with if you are worried about the code expiring for those who want the disc copy after March 31 2013. Not as amazing as getting all the games in one bundle for $20 but it's an alternative for those who want a hard copy

[quote name='strait edge follower']you like seeing intestines spill out in high detail ? the game has that in droves ! legs getting cut off with the meat hanging from them ? yep that too. also the aftermath from the fight with mr kevin sorbo is kinda nasty lmao. and of course the raunchiest sounding sex scene in gow history :)[/QUOTE]

I like how you changed the wording to make it sound even more offensive lol I think I will probably wait until it's either A. this price on amazon or B. code expires and I buy them separately. I'd have to buy something else to get free shipping, and as other CAGs have pointed out, it'll no doubt by gutted. I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes the feeling of opening a brand new game:bouncy:

I'm beginning to think Gamestop just hates me for letting my Pro membership expire. I would rather buy online and have it guaranteed sealed, as opposed to getting out in the Heavy Rain and having some college freshman put his greasy fingers all over my "new" copy. But, sigh. Just might resort to that.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'm beginning to think Gamestop just hates me for letting my Pro membership expire. I would rather buy online and have it guaranteed sealed, as opposed to getting out in the Heavy Rain and having some college freshman put his greasy fingers all over my "new" copy. But, sigh. Just might resort to that.[/QUOTE]

Is it guaranteed sealed online?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I like how you changed the wording to make it sound even more offensive lol I think I will probably wait until it's either A. this price on amazon or B. code expires and I buy them separately. I'd have to buy something else to get free shipping, and as other CAGs have pointed out, it'll no doubt by gutted. I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes the feeling of opening a brand new game:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I had it in my cart this morning and was able to apply saver for free shipping. Like I said earlier though, I just ended up getting it in store.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I had it in my cart this morning and was able to apply saver for free shipping. Like I said earlier though, I just ended up getting it in store.[/QUOTE]

Tried that and it says over $25 to qualify

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is it guaranteed sealed online?[/QUOTE]

Well, not explicitly guaranteed but I've never purchased a "New" product from Gamestop's website and had it already opened, which of course is dissimilar to the in-store experience.

ordered one, couldnt resist at $20, already have the origins downloads, so if anyone is looking just for those pm me, ill be looking to sell.

also, looking at the invoice it shows a $3.49 credit for saver, but it shows i used value shipping which was free anyway. or maybe they are the same? havent ordered off their site very often.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is it guaranteed sealed online?[/QUOTE]

No.

I bought FFXIII when it was on sale at Gamestop.com and both copies I received were gutted. Both! ffs.

[quote name='Donut2922']No.

I bought FFXIII when it was on sale at Gamestop.com and both copies I received were gutted. Both! ffs.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That blows.

I am STILL not seeing the $19.99 price for whatever goofy reason, so yup, it's time to hit the road after these delicious french fries are gone.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Wow. That blows.

I am STILL not seeing the $19.99 price for whatever goofy reason, so yup, it's time to hit the road after these delicious french fries are gone.[/QUOTE]
Have you logged in with you power up card? (Not trying to ask a dumb question but possibly overlooked)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Have you logged in with you power up card? (Not trying to ask a dumb question but possibly overlooked)[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for that, at least you weren't snarky about it :lol: Yeah, I've had that taken care of from the start. So I am absolutely stumped. I wouldn't even give a damn (and frankly shouldn't be spending too much more money) but I'd like those vouchers before they're worthless.

So, SAVER isn't working. I think it's because it says "Expires 2/28/2013"...so any other codes?

NVM, going to checkout shows Value shipping for free

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']I've been waiting for this to drop to 20 but I just started Skyrim the other day so I should probably hold off?[/QUOTE]

I'd say buy it, since the codes will probably expire soon. You can at least buy it, use the codes for the two PSP games, then sell off the rest if you really don't have time for it.

Wow the two download games are like 7.5 gb and 9gb. I was hoping they would be small since they were originally psp games. Looks like I need to buy a new ps3 hdd.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Wow the two download games are like 7.5 gb and 9gb. I was hoping they would be small since they were originally psp games. Looks like I need to buy a new ps3 hdd.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm in the same boat with you. My plan is whenever I get around to play them, I'll install one, play through it, then immediately delete it. It's a bitch that they're so large.

Thank you very much OP, I picked this up after I got my Tomb Raider preoder from Best Buy. Glad I checked CAG on my phone while I was eating lunch!

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Probably convert them to used. As far as I know GS sells used copies of the Saga collection already that likely have had the vouchers used already. Still collects the HD collection of the original games with GoW3 on disc, so it's not like they are completely without value.[/QUOTE]

yeah for $35

also picked one up today, employee tried to sign me up for ps4 announcement, and then he asked why I didn't want it >.>

i wonder if the origins collection will ever go on sale... too cheap to buy the saga since i already have 1,2, 3 and doesnt make sense to pay 20 for origins when the saga is 20...

[quote name='Kovorkian']yeah for $35

also picked one up today, employee tried to sign me up for ps4 announcement, and then he asked why I didn't want it >.>[/QUOTE]

you do realize that the PS4 announcement thing he was trying to sign you up for was simply a email to let you know when they start PS4 preoders and costs NOTHING right? :roll:

[quote name='Slight Defect']you do realize that the PS4 announcement thing he was trying to sign you up for was simply a email to let you know when they start PS4 preoders and costs NOTHING right? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Why roll your eyes? It costs time in that it might be a nuisance to get the email. When preorders are available, you can be sure CAG and other game sites will be buzzing with the news anyways.... Besides, at the current rumored pricing, maybe he doesn't want to preorder it.

Rad, I think I'll grab this. I don't love the GOW series but I've been meaning to play 3. Should equate to a free rental when all is said and done since I don't care to activate the digital codes for the psp ports.

Thanks for the heads up OP, grabbed one in store.

They should have really left the Origins voucher active for at least a year IMO.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']They should have really left the Origins voucher and every other code they distribute active indefinitely[/QUOTE]

I agree ;)

Finally managed to make it to the nearest GS and pick up a copy - sealed, to my delight (but without PS+, to my disappointment). So thank you, OP!

i work at Gamestop and went in my store to get this, we had about 3 in stock... none of us employees even knew about this! our floor tags all say 39.99
i picked one up, and with my employee discount it was about 16 for a sealed copy, thanks OP!

Mine was sealed but without the month of plus code. Slightly bummed.

I found it purely on accident. I just got a ps3 and I bought the collection that was just GoW 1 & 2 but I decided to take it back and get the Saga instead. Checking the location checker I came across the bonus discount. I was very happy about that.

I have Ascension Collector's preordered. Yeah it might be GoW overkill for me.

Stupid question. I have one of those cards to get the points, but not the paid service for the extra 10% blah blah. Is that good enough or do I need the paid version?

[quote name='esalw822']Just fyi, if you're ordering online, code WIN2013 gets you $10 off 2 copies making them $15 each. Ripped from SD...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, got two!

bread's done
Back