Gamestop PS2 B2G2 (only 3.99 and under?) + ps2 game conversions from new to used

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Was just at my GS today and bought some ps2 games. To my surprise they rang up as Buy 2 Get 2 Free. There were no signs and I didn't see anything advertised online.

Some reports coming in that the B2G2 isnt applying to all games. This may just be the old B2G2 for PS2 games 3.99 and under still in the system, so it looks as though it may not be B2G2 on everything...

-------

ALSO the games I bought were converted to used. This was recent (today in fact) AND it just so happens that the ones I bought were all the 2 cent ones. So it seems that any 2 cent used PS2 game's new version has now been converted. There may be other conversions too for more expensive games so feel free to mention them.

NOT ALL CONVERTED GAMES ARE 2 CENTS

The ones I got were converted and 2 cents each (+ B2G2):

Friends Trivia (lol dont judge)
RTX
Space Channel 5 Special Edition
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Pipe Mania
State of Emergency
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Sons of Liberty not Subsistence)
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Jet X2O
Jampack vol 12
Jampack vol 10

EDIT: most new games online for ps2 are coming up out of stock even though Ive seen them new in my area...this may mean that all new ps2 games have been converted to used. Note that this does NOT mean they are all 2 cents guys lol they would be whatever the used value is.

Edit 2: it seems that not everyone knows about the penny games at GS so Ill explain: back when gamestop still had 99 cent ps2 games they did a crazy sale where it was buy 10 for a dollar for all 99 cent ps2 games. After a certain point in October these games were no longer carried by GS and so they were sent back to Headquarters or destroyed. (it is similar to penny guides). However, there are still many in the wild and they will ring up as 2 cents if found. There is a list of ~200 ps2 games that are now 2 cents at GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo. This is interesting and awesome if its true.

Dang, I wish I knew which Games were marked down to 0.02 so I can see if my local store has it. :lol:

B1G50OFF - PS2 - Buy any pre-owned PS2 game, get the second 50% off! Expires 2/17/13

is whats coming up for me on the site. Maybe they are getting it changed over to this since the date doesn't make sense.

They are marked down to 2 cent's, used for the employee to scan so they can trash it when they find it. All the 2 cent games are de listed online.

i hope this is true as im always looking to pad my game collection and I have numerous gamestops within 15-30 min from my house, like at least 6. lol What sucks is I was just at one the other day, had decent PS2 games but of course they still have some for their eBay prices like $40 RPGs. Im sorry gamestop, just sell them for the price based on their age and get them out of your store. Drives me nuts seeing them for that price. lol but if its b2g2 it could be worth it if i can find 4 good games. probably ymmv though

thats what im gonna do this thursday when im off from work lol there's 3 gamestops within 2 min of one another (2 inside a mall and one in a plaza just before the mall), and then there's 2 ab 30 min from me near my fiance's sisters house, and then there's one about 20 min from my house in the opposite direction. lol so I hope this sale is true, if not, well it's a fun car ride anyway

[quote name='J7.']Cool so how do we know which will be 2 cents?[/QUOTE]

If it's not showing online in a search, like it doesn't exist, BAM it's one of them. This IS gamestop's PS2 firesale, they stop taking ANY ps2 games april 1st (no not a joke I know...) I saw this coming for a while and have been grabbing what I can while it's still in the wild. I'd suddgest someone get a thread going in the Discussion's forum for a list of must get games/ PS2 games ppl want/picked up and will trade. A thread like that helped a few ppl during the GCN 75% off firesale.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']i hope this is true as im always looking to pad my game collection and I have numerous gamestops within 15-30 min from my house, like at least 6. lol What sucks is I was just at one the other day, had decent PS2 games but of course they still have some for their eBay prices like $40 RPGs. Im sorry gamestop, just sell them for the price based on their age and get them out of your store. Drives me nuts seeing them for that price. lol but if its b2g2 it could be worth it if i can find 4 good games. probably ymmv though[/QUOTE]

Well as I assume they all got converted to used, have fun!

i shall keep people posted on my adventure to 6 gamestops this thursday. haha Although with my luck thursday is too late to check but whatever, got nothing else planned so a fun drive for my girlfriend and I.

[quote name='Vigilante']So should I just stop by a GS, pick 4 :ps2: games that interest me, and see if they ring up $0.02 each? :???:[/QUOTE]

only the select 200 that I mentioned are 2 cents and you probably wont find many of those...certainly not if you dont know what youre looking for. Take the games I listed for example, if you find copies of those, yes, they will ring up 2 cents. Others include bad ones like madden 2001-2007, etc. Basically any that are NOT on the gamestop site.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware most of these are likely to be caseless. GS has been throwing away cases to PS2 that sell for under $5 for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Noticed this as well, this saddens me. The GS in my area stopped holding older generation games since 2012 altogether. I haven't seen a PS2 or GC game here in quite some time. Might have to trek to another county. lol

[quote name='Namurashi']Noticed this as well, this saddens me. The GS in my area stopped holding older generation games since 2012 altogether. I haven't seen a PS2 or GC game here in quite some time. Might have to trek to another county. lol[/QUOTE]

Although this is a GS thread, I can't help but point out that if you want a pristine conditon older generation game, you just have to check Gamedude @ Burbank CA.

They've got a pretty high standard when it comes to buying off your used games. They don't accept used discs with scratches. They don't accept games without their original cases. They don't accept games without their manuals. So what you get is a game that's in mint, perfect condition.

I've stopped myself from buying used games from GS ever since getting a disc that's been scratched out by Wolverine

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware most of these are likely to be caseless. GS has been throwing away cases to PS2 that sell for under $5 for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Every now and then you'll strike gold though. I got a CiB copy of Haunting Ground about 2 weeks ago that somehow rang up for $4.xx. Could not believe my luck on that one :bouncy:

If anyone has this list of 200 two-cent games it would really help

The following are still on gamestop's website and at $0.02
Pipe mania
World Poker tour
Technic beat
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Ruff Trigger: the vanocore conspiracy
RTX Red Rock
Jampack volume 12
Friends: the one with all the trivia

Hm... nothing available anywhere near me. There were a few good games a few days ago but guess they've already been snatched up.

BTW, all of the GS near me dumped all of their PS2 games into sleeves. Anyone else find their GS doing that? I can understand some of the smaller GS doing it but all of them near me did it. They never did that with GC games (the one store that still has GC games still have them in cases).

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... nothing available anywhere near me. There were a few good games a few days ago but guess they've already been snatched up.

BTW, all of the GS near me dumped all of their PS2 games into sleeves. Anyone else find their GS doing that? I can understand some of the smaller GS doing it but all of them near me did it. They never did that with GC games (the one store that still has GC games still have them in cases).[/QUOTE]

yeah, this happened a while ago. I found a ton of games I want near me (nothing hard to find of course), but I'm kinda wondering if it's worth buying in store and having to find a bunch of cases to put them in. At least online you get a generic case:/

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']This may be the old $.99 and under b2g2 just lingering in the system. I ran across some $.02 ps2 games the other day that rang up as b2g2 also.[/QUOTE]

im thinking this is what it is too...the B2G2 was for games 3.99 and under at that time I believe.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']im thinking this is what it is too...the B2G2 was for games 3.99 and under at that time I believe.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm going to try on thursday with some $2 and $3 games I've been wanting. Question: Is the B1G50% off online only? I don't want to go and have to put them back if the B2G2 isn't happening, but I also want to get the best possible deal (this is CAG obviously)

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... nothing available anywhere near me. There were a few good games a few days ago but guess they've already been snatched up.

BTW, all of the GS near me dumped all of their PS2 games into sleeves. Anyone else find their GS doing that? I can understand some of the smaller GS doing it but all of them near me did it. They never did that with GC games (the one store that still has GC games still have them in cases).[/QUOTE]

That is because Gamecube Games are MUCH more prone too shrinkage (theft) than PS2 games if they left them out on the floor to be sorted through, because of the size difference

[quote name='SEGAMew']Yeah came back from Gamestop, affects only the 3.99 and under games.[/QUOTE]

Still seems pretty good with all the games that low. Wouldn't bother spending more than that for just a disc anyway. Definitely getting something next gamestop trip, before it becomes like the gamecube wasteland

[quote name='zerobscure']Although this is a GS thread, I can't help but point out that if you want a pristine conditon older generation game, you just have to check Gamedude @ Burbank CA.

They've got a pretty high standard when it comes to buying off your used games. They don't accept used discs with scratches. They don't accept games without their original cases. They don't accept games without their manuals. So what you get is a game that's in mint, perfect condition.

I've stopped myself from buying used games from GS ever since getting a disc that's been scratched out by Wolverine[/QUOTE]
There's one in Hollywood but that's about an hour+ away from me. I'm in between San Diego and the Inland Empire.

Going to check if there are any 3.99 and under games. I'm down for some cheap games to add to the collection. Here's hoping they're boxed.

The 2 cent games are going to be your sports games...most of the maddens, tiger woods golf games, nba live, nhl, mlb baseball games and a bunch of lower quality games. For 2 cents though might be worth getting some of them.

In my area, they've shipped all of the PS2 games to one store. Last time they had the 10 for $1 deal, I just had them print me off their inventory of PS2 games and looked through it. It was nice with the list because it listed to current price on the game vs. the outdated stickers on the cd-sleeves the games were in.

Not sure I want to dig through all of the games again. I wish they'd just drop the more valuable ones down to .02. I would be all over getting the Fatal Frame games disc only for .02 each. My store had them all :drool:. Also a bunch of the valuable DBZ games.

I got some decent games then and ended up trading most of them to Best Buy on the 100% trade in + 10% unlocked bonus for a decent haul of store credit.

So I went to gamestop today, and boy, their PS2 games are a mess. Scattered about the score, ripped envelopes, discs just being tossed around in the bin. I spent a good 15 minutes digging through them like a homeless good, and only managed to find two of the titles that were supposed to be there. I finally just said screw it, and will probably just order them online when I buy something else.

this seems interesting. i think after work tomorrow i'll look through the ps2 section see what i can find.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So I went to gamestop today, and boy, their PS2 games are a mess. Scattered about the score, ripped envelopes, discs just being tossed around in the bin. I spent a good 15 minutes digging through them like a homeless good, and only managed to find two of the titles that were supposed to be there. I finally just said screw it, and will probably just order them online when I buy something else.[/QUOTE]

You could say that again. Gamestop would have been better off keeping them in the cases, people would actually find something they want. I did not see any way to tell if any games had been converted to used. Did not find any 2 cent games.

I see some PS2 games showing up in stores, what exactly is the sale going on? B2G2 or are games really going to be $0.02?

so i went to my store and the only thing in effect was the B2G2 under $4. no games for 2 cents but either way i grabbed the games i thought were good while i can. ended up with 36 games for $70. they had a shitttt ton of Guitar Hero games and old ass sports games but found a few gems in the turds.

[quote name='sublime90']so i went to my store and the only thing in effect was the B2G2 under $4. no games for 2 cents but either way i grabbed the games i thought were good while i can. ended up with 36 games for $70. they had a shitttt ton of Guitar Hero games and old ass sports games but found a few gems in the turds.[/QUOTE]

What were some that you got?

[quote name='sublime90']so i went to my store and the only thing in effect was the B2G2 under $4. no games for 2 cents but either way i grabbed the games i thought were good while i can. ended up with 36 games for $70. they had a shitttt ton of Guitar Hero games and old ass sports games but found a few gems in the turds.[/QUOTE]

dang, good haul. And that's a huge understatement IMO, at least in my store it was probably 15:1 guitar hero/anything else:cold:

one store I was out few weeks ago had some good games that I'm sure aren't $3.99 or less. I wonder when ps2 games are going to be cleared out

bread's done
Back