* * * * * 4 votes

If you can't slam with the best (aka RPG Thread XVIII), then jam with the rest!

#6 RKasa   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

I still have a pretty big DS backlog, and it's looking like my now-small 3DS one might be just as large within a few years. It never ends @_@

Speaking of 3DS, we might be getting Fantasy Life! Fingers crossed!

#11 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Watch me give them no money...

Because it went to that awesome GOG.com deal that is going on.

http://www.gog.com/p...nd_promo_050413

#17 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

... and then it goes into a nighttime version of the interior of the crystal ball, yes.

Anyway. The Kickstarter is over.

Posted Image

$4.189 million via Kickstarter. The PayPal total is unknown, but based on what it was earlier today, I'd guess somewhere around $135,000. Another $200,000 out of the pocketbooks of inXile's CEO Bryan Fargo and this crazy motherfucker. Estimated release date is early 2015.

But man, you know who's gotta be happy about this? Fuckin' Monte Cook, that's who. Dude used to be a major designer at TSR/WotC, did a shitload of Planescape and 3e stuff, left in defeat, and decided to make his own thing from the ground up. Not only did that turn out way better than he expected, but now Torment is basically a $4.5 million advertisement for his project.

#19 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

They can take as much time as they need. Hell, I'll be fucking shocked if PE hits its April 2014 projection.

Spoiler

EDIT: But it's not too late to put a bit more money in!

#21 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

No, but that doesn't stop western developers from creating games similar to some of the older games from Japan such as this (which is a mix of a few games):

http://www.kickstart...s/shovel-knight