* * * * * 20 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

#12121 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

You're just saying that so you can get the bundle on the cheap after I ensure its existence by getting in on this deal.  ;)

Hey, sometimes you just have to take for the team...

#12122 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I am a math minor, but you don't see me buying You Need A Budget and or the latest Microsoft Calculator Simulator 2014.  

Just because we didn't see you doesn't mean you didn't do it.  We can't monitor your activities 24/7 you know.  We have backlogs to attend to.

#12123 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

*off-topic alert*

http://jeff-vogel.bl...popping-of.html

dude who made the geneforge games and other indie games wrote this saying he thinks the indie game "bubble" will burst soon. dunno what this means about the number of indie games that get made from here on out or the amount of indie game bundles out there, but it's an interesting read if you have some spare time.

#12124 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Daily Deal
Portal Bundle$24.98 $6.24 (-75%)
  • dfg likes this

#12125 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

*off-topic alert*

http://jeff-vogel.bl...popping-of.html

dude who made the geneforge games and other indie games wrote this saying he thinks the indie game "bubble" will burst soon. dunno what this means about the number of indie games that get made from here on out or the amount of indie game bundles out there, but it's an interesting read if you have some spare time.

Jeff's a nice guy and he's honest about his (current) views, but he's been wrong and has changed his mind several times over the years (about Steam, bundles, etc.)

#12126 spoderman  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Survivor Squad Steam keys have been added to Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 and IGS.

#12127 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Survivor Squad Steam keys have been added to Groupees Bundle of the Damned 2 and IGS.

Sweet!  Now I want my Frozen Hearth and Zigfrak keys.  Please.

#12128 spoderman  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm not sure if I'll bother playing Survivor Squad yet. There's a stupid bug that exits the game if you hit the ESC key.. and you need to hit ESC if you wanna access the menu/options while in any of the game modes. I wish devs wouldn't have such obvious bugs in their games on release.

EDIT: You can temporarily fix this by binding the menu key to a different key.. still a pretty lame bug.

#12129 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Has Indie Gala ever provided Steam keys retroactively? I sort of remember a big fuss about some games getting on Steam and IG never bothering to post Steam keys for them...

#12130 Motiv  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'll just put this out there...

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Steam) is $4.99 at GameFly Digital.

Toss in the GFDNOV20 coupon to knock it down to $4.00 plus you get Hell Yeah! for free.

Edit: According to IsThereAnyDeal that would be the lowest price historically.

#12131 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Earth 2150 and Knights and Merchants keys are up for folks who bought the Groupees Topware Interactive bundle.

#12132 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Toss in the GFDNOV20 coupon to knock it down to $4.00 plus you get Hell Yeah! for free.

That… that may finally be my price. I was gonna wait for the probable bundle on amazon on black friday or winter sale, but man have I been wanting to play this trash :)

#12133 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'll still hold out for the version with most DLC packs included.

#12134 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21223 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Man, that Hell Yeah! deal almost puts it over the edge for me, but I'll regret it for the eventual amazon bundle, or worse yet, the Sega HUmble.  

#12135 MrSneis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Maybe I am late to the game on this but Hotline Miami is only $2.50, soundtrack is also $2.50.  Seems to be good through the weekend.  Most fun I've had with a game of this caliber since Terraria.

#12136 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6743 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Has Indie Gala ever provided Steam keys retroactively? I sort of remember a big fuss about some games getting on Steam and IG never bothering to post Steam keys for them...

They did one time I can remember and that was for postal. Those Italians can't be bothered with adding keys,

#12137 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Earth 2150 and Knights and Merchants keys are up for folks who bought the Groupees Topware Interactive bundle.

Neuro gave me a K&M Steam key recently so if anyone passed on this bundle and would like my key just send me a PM.

Thanks again Neuro!

Edited:  Key is gone now.

#12138 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5690 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

What I want to know is does this game have

a) someone saying, "Game over, man, game over!"

and

b) an android with pus-like blood moving a knife among his fingers at a really high rate of speed. 

If not. . . I may get it anyway, but I'll probably egg Randy Pitchford's house.

#12139 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Maybe I am late to the game on this but Hotline Miami is only $2.50, soundtrack is also $2.50.  Seems to be good through the weekend.  Most fun I've had with a game of this caliber since Terraria.

I wanna try this game, but I think I read something about it being frustrating. Like if you died you would either have to start over or something about it being really difficult. Whatever I read turned me off, but it looks pretty cool in videos.

#12140 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10544 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I wanna try this game, but I think I read something about it being frustrating. Like if you died you would either have to start over or something about it being really difficult. Whatever I read turned me off, but it looks pretty cool in videos.

It's a cross between strategy and twitch based gameplay. And personally, I found it more difficult and frusterating than Dark Souls. It's satisfying when you complete a level, but I suck, so it wasn't very satisfying.

#12141 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4092 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yes, you die a lot. But it has that "something" that makes you try again and again and again. It's hard, but is VERY funny... anf if I could finish it...

#12142 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10544 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

What I want to know is does this game have

a) someone saying, "Game over, man, game over!"

and

b) an android with pus-like blood moving a knife among his fingers at a really high rate of speed.

If not. . . I may get it anyway, but I'll probably egg Randy Pitchford's house.

I'll say this, while he may not have enjoyed the gig, Michael Biehn gave one of the worst voiceovers I've heard from a "professional".

#12143 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yes, you die a lot. But it has that "something" that makes you try again and again and again. It's hard, but is VERY funny... anf if I could finish it...

Dying in Hotline Miami is like dying in SuperMeatBoiee - it's part the game.

#12144 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

I tried the PC version and didn't get very far before I gave up.  Then PS+ added the game for "free" so I decided to try it again on my PS Vita.  I definitely like using a controller for play much better than kb/m and while you do die a lot you don't start back at the very beginning of the game, just back at the beginning of the most recent level that you failed.  At least the Vita version plays this way.

Edited:  Oh, and it took me a while to stop going BLAM BLAM when shooting someone with a gun.  BLAM was enough for a kill and left me with needed bullets.  Nothing worse than an empty shotgun when you are surrounded by guys waiting to shoot you and you have nothing but a bat or club and no hope for stealth movement.  I won't admit to how many times I died before I caught on to this.  Me and strategy don't always mix well.

#12145 MrSneis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

As of last night I am on chapter 11 (out of 19?) and have been playing for two days on my Vita just trying to breeze through it without finding the secret stuff or dealing with the puzzles.  I also have probably put maybe 3-4 hours in it across those couple of days.  Good enough for me!  It is very much twitch and strategy and luck.  The music is so good it keeps you pumped the entire time.

The restarts are instantaneous and I found myself getting killed by the LAST guy on several occasions.  I just can't put it down.

#12146 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

As of last night I am on chapter 11 (out of 19?) and have been playing for two days on my Vita just trying to breeze through it without finding the secret stuff or dealing with the puzzles.  I also have probably put maybe 3-4 hours in it across those couple of days.  Good enough for me!  It is very much twitch and strategy and luck.  The music is so good it keeps you pumped the entire time.

The restarts are instantaneous and I found myself getting killed by the LAST guy on several occasions.  I just can't put it down.

I tried the PC version and didn't get very far before I gave up.  Then PS+ added the game for "free" so I decided to try it again on my PS Vita.  I definitely like using a controller for play much better than kb/m and while you do die a lot you don't start back at the very beginning of the game, just back at the beginning of the most recent level that you failed.  At least the Vita version plays this way.

Edited:  Oh, and it took me a while to stop going BLAM BLAM when shooting someone with a gun.  BLAM was enough for a kill and left me with needed bullets.  Nothing worse than an empty shotgun when you are surrounded by guys waiting to shoot you and you have nothing but a bat or club and no hope for stealth movement.  I won't admit to how many times I died before I caught on to this.  Me and strategy don't always mix well.

Dying in Hotline Miami is like dying in SuperMeatBoiee - it's part the game.

I really enjoyed Hotline Miami.  I powered through it over the course of a few days.  Frustrating but compelling and satisfying and entertaining throughout.  And the music is great.  Controller is a must.

#12147 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11058 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Jeff's a nice guy and he's honest about his (current) views, but he's been wrong and has changed his mind several times over the years (about Steam, bundles, etc.)

He constantly railed against the 'race to the bottom' then changed his tune when he made hundreds of thousands of dollars on Steam.  Anyway, since Geneforge his games have been bland and subpar.  iOS RPGs for casual players.

#12148 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

You do die a ton, but as someone already said, it's sorta like Super Meat Boy in that it's so instantaneous and the core gameplay so satisfying that it isn't annoying the way dying is in most games, and instead makes it all that much more satisfying to finally clear an area. I should probably get back to it sometime, since I was only playing it until I'd gotten all my card drops, but what I played was very good (in a macabre, sadistic sort of way).

#12149 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1990 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but the Humble bundle with Neighbors from Hell finally added it's steam key.

#12150 anycolourfloyd   straya m8 CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

anycolourfloyd

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

i was also unsure about whether to get hotline miami (i'm not a patient lad at the best of times), so i waited until it came down to $2.50.

glad i did. game was great, i was disappointed when i reached the end, so i started playing for A+ on every level. at the time, i looked for user made maps - the functionality wasn't quite there. is this a thing now?