* * * * * 14 votes

Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Poll: Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (1656 member(s) have cast votes)

What games are you planning to pre-order?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2521 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2481 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Need to get around to ordering Destiny. Thought the Chief Collection had the promo.

#2522 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37202 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

just call the BBY elite line and was transfer to post purchase support. CSR lied and say BBY don't pm sales price. FN BS. Man, there are so many ignorant people that can't comprehend simple company policy and have to resort to lying. 

Tell them it's right on the Low Price Guarantee page: "If we lower our price during the return/exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request."

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

Probably talking about Wolfenstein

No, I was talking about Watch Dogs, which is $49.99 on PS3 and therefore $39.99 after GCU.

#2523 Darkpast600ad   Supreme Itachi CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Darkpast600ad

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

This just for elite plus members only cause I'm only elite

#2524 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Need to get around to ordering Destiny. Thought the Chief Collection had the promo.

It did then they removed it. I wish they had it and forza horizon 2 included. While most games are multiplatform so they use that as an excuse, sunset overdrive and halo 5 are there so the other 2 should def be included. Plus it gives people more of an incentive to buy a racing game

#2525 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4685 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

For everyone else that was told that PM need to be refered to a different dept. I would suggest you call back. I called them Sunday and waited til today but still nothing so I called back and after 5 mins on the phone got my PM.

I need to make sure I hit Elite plus again next year especially now that PM is back.

I called back this morning but when they pulled up the order they could see that the PM was already in process. So calling back didn't do anything for me. Maybe they gave it to you right away since you already waited most of a week. I'll just be patient for now. 

#2526 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Anytime I ever pmed over the phone they gave it to me right away. The people that are waiting have a rep that didn't know what they were doing.

#2527 ghost1914  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

This just for elite plus members only cause I'm only elite

It would work for us who are just elite too if it was within 30 days since that's our return period. But since it's past 30 and within 45 only elite plus people can do it now.

#2528 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

No, I was talking about Watch Dogs, which is $49.99 on PS3 and therefore $39.99 after GCU.

Talking about Jav0r's post

Wolfenstein is $39.99 but GCU is 31.99 but they'll only PM to the $39.99

It was the same problem I was having...which reminds me I need to call again about it -sigh-

#2529 ghost1914  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

It was the same problem I was having...which reminds me I need to call again about it -sigh-

If the rep won't do it just go to a manager

#2530 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

The official corporate employee response is $31.99 should be the new price because you are a GCU member.

http://forums.bestbu...GCU/td-p/823326

#2531 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

The official corporate employee response is $31.99 should be the new price because you are a GCU member.

http://forums.bestbu...GCU/td-p/823326

Sweet, I was hoping for official confirmation.

#2532 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I still think it's going to be hard to convince phone and in-store reps this is legit though.  I have a feeling many employee don't know about the Best Buy forums.

#2533 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Well, if we keep phoning in and they keep denying us I'll just keep posting complaints about it on the board and having the board mods resolve it instead. Eventually they'll have to be retrained on this if complaints become frequent.  

#2534 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Was there a bonus for Dragon Age: Inquisition? I swear there was. If anyone knows the answer, that would be appreciated!

#2535 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37202 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Was there a bonus for Dragon Age: Inquisition? I swear there was. If anyone knows the answer, that would be appreciated!

No, and it's weird that it doesn't have one.

#2536 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

No, and it's weird that it doesn't have one.

Thanks Vigilante. It is odd since I think it's one of the bigger releases. Odd that XB1 exclusives get the deal but no other platform gets their exclusives on here.

#2537 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

I'm sure Best Buy would be open to having Sony/Nintendo exclusives on the list but they aren't working together. It's not like they said "Oh lets get Microsoft's exclusives and nobody else".

#2538 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

I'm sure Best Buy would be open to having Sony/Nintendo exclusives on the list but they aren't working together. It's not like they said "Oh lets get Microsoft's exclusives and nobody else".

Exactly, it isn't as easy as BBY just saying "This game gets $10" they need to get authorization from the publisher to do so sadly. I am sure if BBY could get more games with $10 back they would easily do it.

Them giving $10 back ensures you shop with them again. A $10 discount for a guaranteed repeat customer is worth it to them.

#2539 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

Exactly, it isn't as easy as BBY just saying "This game gets $10" they need to get authorization from the publisher to do so sadly. I am sure if BBY could get more games with $10 back they would easily do it.

Them giving $10 back ensures you shop with them again. A $10 discount for a guaranteed repeat customer is worth it to them.

BB could`ve used a workaround thru GCU to get $10 offers on any game we wanted then take the high pre-order #`s to each publisher to get them on board on the backend.

It`s as simple as providing 1-3 $10-$20 pre-order/purchase coupons in the welcome kit coupon packs. Improving the welcome kit coupons across the board alone would move more $120 subs plus if they made them available instantly in-store/online ppl would consider their 1st purchase as a deduction of the $120.
http://forums.bestbu...ub/idi-p/820120

#2540 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6428 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Nope, and I've decided I'm not picking it up at release unless it does.  Too much coming out this fall that I want that has the bonus (including Shadow of Mordor, which releases the same day) plus EA games usually get good Black Friday prices.  But if they do add the bonus to this one I'll most likely bite, same goes for Alien: Isolation.  

#2541 LoveAndBeer   AKA: jstew9 CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

LoveAndBeer

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Somehow I missed the news that BB now officially supports PMing during the full Elite/Elite Plus return window -- thanks to this thread for the news.  I PMed the BB online rep per his post on the boards about PMing Wolfenstein.

Hopefully the news gets out to the stores eventually.

PS: With PM Wolfenstein for $31+ $20 PO bonus + $5 to make up for the cat figure is the steal of the year for a surprisingly great game.

#2542 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37202 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Somehow I missed the news that BB now officially supports PMing during the full Elite/Elite Plus return window -- thanks to this thread for the news.  I PMed the BB online rep per his post on the boards about PMing Wolfenstein.

Hopefully the news gets out to the stores eventually.

PS: With PM Wolfenstein for $31+ $20 PO bonus + $5 to make up for the cat figure is the steal of the year for a surprisingly great game.

It wasn't exactly displayed prominently, but when I was at a Best Buy yesterday to trade in Watch Dogs, I noticed that the Low Price Guarantee "placemat" that they usually have at Customer Service had the added line that specifies PMing during the return period, so it's definitely out there.

#2543 ritchardf  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Nope, and I've decided I'm not picking it up at release unless it does.  Too much coming out this fall that I want that has the bonus (including Shadow of Mordor, which releases the same day) plus EA games usually get good Black Friday prices.  But if they do add the bonus to this one I'll most likely bite, same goes for Alien: Isolation.  

add drive club and the 2 new nba games to that same day as well, all of october is packed really. easy to wait on a few games for black friday when everything is coming out at once.

#2544 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

yeah i'm not gonna go crazy on pre-ordering since i know TLOU will keep me busy in august and Destiny will keep me busy in Sept, still got MK8 going strong.  Everything else will be gettable cheaper during black friday, no point in buying early and sitting on a game I don't play while its value drops.  

Only game I know I would keep longer is GTA5 for ps4, waiting to see if any steelcover editions come out

#2545 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Just a FYI for everyone here, I described earlier how Bestbuy was constantly charging my card $800-900 from pre-ordering every game on their $10 list every week or two which pissed me off since my bank would constantly contact me about fraud charges.

Anyways.... So yeah, I was finally able to cancel the preorders directly on the website (cancel box wasn't grayed out anymore).   Went ahead and canceled any game not coming out in the next 2 months and guess what?    I just discovered that Bestbuy had charged my card fully in the previous months for 4 of my preorders.   Didn't catch it until now until I went over my statements.   

So yeah, if you preordered you might want to look at your statements.   You might have been charged the full amount already on some of them.   I apparently was charged fully for four of them (not counting my previous preorders).

#2546 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37202 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Just a FYI for everyone here, I described earlier how Bestbuy was constantly charging my card $800-900 from pre-ordering every game on their $10 list every week or two which pissed me off since my bank would constantly contact me about fraud charges.

Anyways.... So yeah, I was finally able to cancel the preorders directly on the website (cancel box wasn't grayed out anymore).   Went ahead and canceled any game not coming out in the next 2 months and guess what?    I just discovered that Bestbuy had charged my card fully in the previous months for 4 of my preorders.   Didn't catch it until now until I went over my statements.   

So yeah, if you preordered you might want to look at your statements.   You might have been charged the full amount already on some of them.   I apparently was charged fully for four of them (not counting my previous preorders).

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but I appreciate the heads-up on cancellation being possible now on preorders--I canceled my preorder for the Witcher 3 CE for PS4 and re-preordered it with the $20 certificate that I initially wanted to use on it. :D/

#2547 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but I appreciate the heads-up on cancellation being possible now on preorders--I canceled my preorder for the Witcher 3 CE for PS4 and re-preordered it with the $20 certificate that I initially wanted to use on it. :D/

Nice, yeah the whole thing was only annoying over the fact that my bank kept bringing it to my attention and it wasn't necessary on bestbuy's part.

I plan on preordering all of these again, just closer to launch now (especially if they continue to add in other bonus sales with the games).

#2548 ghost1914  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Anyways.... So yeah, I was finally able to cancel the preorders directly on the website (cancel box wasn't grayed out anymore). Went ahead and canceled any game not coming out in the next 2 months and guess what? I just discovered that Bestbuy had charged my card fully in the previous months for 4 of my preorders. Didn't catch it until now until I went over my statements.

So yeah, if you preordered you might want to look at your statements. You might have been charged the full amount already on some of them. I apparently was charged fully for four of them (not counting my previous preorders).

I wonder if it has to do more with the banks system then best buy. Like I've mentioned I have made pre orders months in advance and don't get the constant recurring charges. Only get the initial pending charge then one a week before release then get charged the night before release. I use a local credit union though and none of the big national type banks.

#2549 E_Man   Classically Trained!! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Is it me or am I not seeing GTA V for PS4 no longer offering the $10 reward for pre-ordering?

#2550 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

yeah i'm not gonna go crazy on pre-ordering since i know TLOU will keep me busy in august and Destiny will keep me busy in Sept, still got MK8 going strong.  Everything else will be gettable cheaper during black friday, no point in buying early and sitting on a game I don't play while its value drops.  

Only game I know I would keep longer is GTA5 for ps4, waiting to see if any steelcover editions come out

If it comes.with instant credit in any form it still pays to pay n play or pay n trade assuming you have the credit/funds to seed. Once Black Friday comes you`ll be sitting on an extra $75-$200 credit which would cover alot of your BF shopping.

Is it me or am I not seeing GTA V for PS4 no longer offering the $10 reward for pre-ordering?

Nope, it`s still there pictured & in writing
http://forums.bestbu...ce-view=desktop