Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
CoD titles are typically "silent" members of these promotions. Activision doesn't want best buy advertising the deal but allow them to run it.

edit: Based on this promo, I think I'll probably wait to launch, get 1 game that will take a while (Watch Dogs) and sit and wait for BF deals on the other titles I want (Killzone, Knack, BF4, AC4).

And the Best Buy bankruptcy gets even closer
I certainly hope not. This is a crappy deal, sure, but Best Buy has also been the ONLY store to give decent deals at other times. Like others have said, all Amazon ever does is match stuff now, and Gamestop pretty much sucks, as always. If Best Buy is gone, we can say bye to a large amount of the deals that CAG sees now...that's why I avoid giving money to Amazon as much as possible, regardless of if they match or not.

My guess is that the $20 GCU preorder bonus will return as an incentive to subscribe. Then people who bitch and moan about spending the $15 for a sub can get a preorder deal for free. Win-win-win.

If the $10 bonus is all we get going forward I'll still stay with BB since RZ is the best loyalty program for buying new games/hardware.

I certainly hope not. This is a crappy deal, sure, but Best Buy has also been the ONLY store to give decent deals at other times. Like others have said, all Amazon ever does is match stuff now, and Gamestop pretty much sucks, as always. If Best Buy is gone, we can say bye to a large amount of the deals that CAG sees now...that's why I avoid giving money to Amazon as much as possible, regardless of if they match or not.
Exactly this. I'm not a BB honk but I have really liked their $20 RZ back on pre-orders, their "free games" and their DOTD $5-10 cheapies. These guys have had some great deals the last couple of years and I'd like to continue to see deals from them. Listen up BB!

Looks like I will be canceling my pre order of Call of Duty Ghosts and Watch Dogs, and I'll just wait till Black Friday for those. Also it seems Call of Duty Ghosts is also part of the $10 promo, says so on the website.

Looks like I will be canceling my pre order of Call of Duty Ghosts and Watch Dogs, and I'll just wait till Black Friday for those. Also it seems Call of Duty Ghosts is also part of the $10 promo, says so on the website.
A Black Friday sale for a Call of Duty game?! Good luck with that. Watch Dogs, maybe. CoD, I wouldn't bet my money on it.

The $10 in Certificate are only for people who have the a rewardzone membership. The GCU membership already doubles points for games anyway right? So were basically still getting $20 for pre-ordering if you have a GCU membership.

I actually don't mind this too much since I don't have GCU. May preorder Watch Dogs for PS4 but other titles I think I will wait for drops.

ugh the sub gets even weaker smh. theres no point pre ordering ass creed from this anyway as bestbuy always puts each new one in the series at 34.99$ on black friday. if beyond two souls was on this list i might have bitten on it as i want it at launch anyway. i still think its garbage how a bunch of these games were advertized to give you 20$ throughout this whole year and now they drop it to 10. now thats bait and switch :(

ugh the sub gets even weaker smh. theres no point pre ordering ass creed from this anyway as bestbuy always puts each new one in the series at 34.99$ on black friday. if beyond two souls was on this list i might have bitten on it as i want it at launch anyway. i still think its garbage how a bunch of these games were advertized to give you 20$ throughout this whole year and now they drop it to 10. now thats bait and switch :(
You still get $20 for GTA V, South Park and Splinter cell.

Battlefield, AC IV, Batman, Watch Dogs, NBA 2k14, Madden 25 were never offered in the $20 promo.

The $10 in Certificate are only for people who have the a rewardzone membership. The GCU membership already doubles points for games anyway right? So were basically still getting $20 for pre-ordering if you have a GCU membership.
This.

You receive 500 points initially for the $10 promo, but if you're a GCU member, wouldn't you receive 1000 points instead? Thus, $20?

You only get double points on what you spend. So 59.99 would give you 59 points. 59x2 would give you 118 points. So you would give 618 points total.

And thats if you pay for the game all in cash. If you use certs or gift cards to pay part/all of it, you will get less points.

You won't get double points on promo points. If that were the case, then we would have been getting $40 before.

The $10 in Certificate are only for people who have the a rewardzone membership. The GCU membership already doubles points for games anyway right? So were basically still getting $20 for pre-ordering if you have a GCU membership.
No. It doubles your base points. Not your bonus points. So you get 1120 points if you are a standard non-Silver GCU Member which equates to roughly $12 in certificates.

The deal is disappointing but I agree with your post. All things equal, I would preorder at Best Buy to support them over Amazon. I think the bigger loss than the reduced $10 certificate is losing the ability to PM for at least 30 days. The PM opportunities over the last 2 years were ridiculous.

TRU may offer some great deals with Josh back in the fray.

Htz - can we add the release dates and sort them in order just like your last thread? It was helpful for people to keep up with the upcoming promos. TIA.

Thanks HTZ for the update. Will still preorder Watch Dogs, BF4, and COD:Ghost all for PS4 since I was gonna buy them day one anyways. I just have to cancel my preorders from GS.

Htz - can we add the release dates and sort them in order just like your last thread? It was helpful for people to keep up with the upcoming promos. TIA.
Yeah sure, working on them right now.

Where in the FAQ does it say the $20 preorder for unlocked is ending and no games will be added to it?

Since there's lots of angry comments about that. I didn't see it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Reward-Zone-Gamers-Club-Offer/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003&DCMP=rdr18396

The direct link to the $20 RZ Certificate promotion is dead now, was still working earlier this morning. Only mention of the $20 RZ Certificate promotion left now is from myrz.com. It appears more and more likely that Best Buy will not extend the $20 RZ Certificate promotion for Unlocked members. :whistle2:(

Yeah sure, working on them right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Reward-Zone-Gamers-Club-Offer/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003&DCMP=rdr18396

The direct link to the $20 RZ Certificate promotion is dead now, was still working earlier this morning. Only mention of the $20 RZ Certificate promotion left now is from myrz.com. It appears more and more likely that Best Buy will not extend the $20 RZ Certificate promotion for Unlocked members. :whistle2:(
So wait if I didn't pre-order GTV before today I wouldn't be getting $20 RZ Credit back just $10??? I tried adding it to my cart online and its only saying 10 in Reward Certificates now :whistle2:(

So wait if I didn't pre-order GTV before today I wouldn't be getting $20 RZ Credit back just $10??? I tried adding it to my cart online and its only saying 10 in Reward Certificates now :whistle2:(
Q2: I am currently a Reward Zone® program Gamers Club Unlocked member, do I still qualify for $20 Reward Zone certificates for my purchases on the "Get $20" promotion?
A2: If you are already a Gamers Club Unlocked member and pre-order any of the qualifying "Get $20" games prior to their release date and purchase them within 7 days of when they become available, you are still eligible for $20 in certificates. Qualifying titles for the "Get $20" promotion include: Grand Theft Auto V, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

After GTA V, I wont be renewing my subscription as well when its up in Feb, unless the next batch of games are announced to include the $20 promo.

Add me to the dumping GCU list.  Trade in are spotty for extra 10% since most employees are clueless to the promo.  Coupons aren't as frequent and a lot of them have not interest me.  With the $20 promo dead and the free $10 promo in, there is literally no reason to be apart of it.  Luckily my sub expires end of GTAIV release day so I will still get my $20 for it. 

As to the question, the deal isn't strong enough for me to preorder that far in advance.  I will wait each week for the preview ads to see what the best offer is or potentially wait (which I didn't have to do in the glory days of the REAL Best Buy).  ACIV is a given for a wait since every AC game can be found $35 or cheaper during BF weekend.  The rest I will have to pick the battles.  Batman is a potential holiday sale item. 

It's always nice to see CAG members get upset over a fantastic deal turning into a decent deal. You know, considering Bestbuy is the only retailer to offer incentives for these games. Please tell me where you will find these same titles with a $10 gift card. I guess some retailers will have them for specific games, but come on. It's still a decent deal.

I understand the disappointment with the membership unlocked thing.

It's always nice to see CAG members get upset over a fantastic deal turning into a decent deal. You know, considering Bestbuy is the only retailer to offer incentives for these games. Please tell me where you will find these same titles with a $10 gift card. I guess some retailers will have them for specific games, but come on. It's still a decent deal.

Well to be fair, Newegg usually has 15 dollars off pre-orders 59.99 or more, no matter what game/system so that seems to be the "best" deal after this if BB doesn't renew the 20 dollar thing for GCU members, (I live in California so i get taxed on amazon/newegg, used to love amazon before, automatic 9% savings on anything)

I don't know why they made it 10 dollars for everyone instead, seems like more people would take advantage of this deal than the 20 dollar one and they don't get 15 dollars back in subscriptions for it. I'd like to see the business sense in that.

Does anyone know the Reward Zone Silver price match length? I'm guessing 30 days, since it was twice as long before (if I remember correctly).

People pay money for this program. If the program is no longer worth it for its members, why shouldn't we be upset? $10 credit with preorder is not much of a deal considering most games go on sale within the month anyway. BB was once very competitive and used to be the best deal when it came to new releases, but now it no longer is

Oh thank God. I received the email about this from Best Buy... and was wondering if I still qualified for the $20 for Blacklist, GTAV, and Stick of Truth. Well... might as well reserve my PS4 copies of AC4 LE, BF4, and Watch Dogs LE then.

I guess it was inevitable. The economy is improving so we may not see as many big promos and deals outside of holiday sales. A few years ago Amazon had something similar with a $20 credit with game pre-orders but that's gone too, replaced with an occaisional $5-10.

People pay money for this program. If the program is no longer worth it for its members, why shouldn't we be upset? $10 credit with preorder is not much of a deal considering most games go on sale within the month anyway. BB was once very competitive and used to be the best deal when it came to new releases, but now it no longer is
Every time I see people complain about the program, they always say "Well I don't trade into best buy so the 10% is pointless, or I don't buy used games from them/etc." Almost ever @gamer comes with a $10 off used $29.99 or more, the renewal/welcome packet comes with a B2G1 NEW and B2G1 USED!!! B2G1 NEW? Seriously, that right there justifies it alone, sure the free game can only be up to $40 but regardless, everything besides that should be just the toppings on the cake.

People complain the @gamer isn't giving them free games or amazing and crazy deals like it used to, or how best buy hasn't extended the $20 RZ certs for GCU preorders, well if you want them to extend it, go to the forums and VOTE for them to extend it. http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Even-More-Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered/idi-p/678895 (for those who want to).

Don't give me "Well x usually will run this type of deal on new releases" until they do though, best buy with this, remains the BEST place to pre-order a large number of those games, and HOPEFULLY they will renew victory can be pre-ordered, but if not, I will live, except I won't pick up quite as many day 1 as I was able to. Their used prices on many games are great, they have ton's of b2g1 used (The last universal b2g1 game stop had was in November?) and some of the sale prices they DO have are nuts. (Also free tank! tank! tank! XD).

But yeah until they get rid of the welcome packets (If you never got yours complain on the forums) and it pays for itself easily.

Every time I see people complain about the program, they always say "Well I don't trade into best buy so the 10% is pointless, or I don't buy used games from them/etc." Almost ever @gamer comes with a $10 off used $29.99 or more, the renewal/welcome packet comes with a B2G1 NEW and B2G1 USED!!! B2G1 NEW? Seriously, that right there justifies it alone, sure the free game can only be up to $40 but regardless, everything besides that should be just the toppings on the cake.

People complain the @gamer isn't giving them free games or amazing and crazy deals like it used to, or how best buy hasn't extended the $20 RZ certs for GCU preorders, well if you want them to extend it, go to the forums and VOTE for them to extend it. http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Even-More-Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered/idi-p/678895 (for those who want to).

Don't give me "Well x usually will run this type of deal on new releases" until they do though, best buy with this, remains the BEST place to pre-order a large number of those games, and HOPEFULLY they will renew victory can be pre-ordered, but if not, I will live, except I won't pick up quite as many day 1 as I was able to. Their used prices on many games are great, they have ton's of b2g1 used (The last universal b2g1 game stop had was in November?) and some of the sale prices they DO have are nuts. (Also free tank! tank! tank! XD).

But yeah until they get rid of the welcome packets (If you never got yours complain on the forums) and it pays for itself easily.
The only incentive left in the program of value now is the 10% trade in bonus and I don’t find myself doing enough trade ins to justify it. Ive realized that the number of games I trade in has declined bc Im not buying as many games (due to various factors like less promos, coupons, change in PM policy, etc…) Plus bc of where I live, I have to have purchased the game trading in from BB in order to trade it in with them and if they aren’t the best deal anymore I don’t use them as my first choice.

I don’t buy used games. I do prefer to support the developers so I tend to buy new and used prices aren’t that much cheaper so I don’t bother. I have a large backlog anyway so I can wait for most prices to go down. The $20 promo was the main reason I didn’t wait for many games.

You may still find value in the program and that’s great for you but unforuntatley that’s not the case for me and many gamers. I was forgiving when I saw the quality of the coupons dwindle and even after the PM policy change, I still stuck with BB for my gaming purchases as the $20 was more than enough to satisfy me but without it, the program would be a waste of money for me. There is nothing there to justify the cost that I would take advantage of. I have an option of either renwing and complaining about something im not satisfied with, or being appreciative of the value I had with it while a member and dropping it when my subscription lapses. Unless the next batch of games is announced with the $20 promo back, I will be choosing the latter come this February.

The only incentive left in the program of value now is the 10% trade in bonus and I don’t find myself doing enough trade ins to justify it. Ive realized that the number of games I trade in has declined bc Im not buying as many games (due to various factors like less promos, coupons, change in PM policy, etc…) Plus bc of where I live, I have to have purchased the game trading in from BB in order to trade it in with them and if they aren’t the best deal anymore I don’t use them as my first choice.
You just glossed over some of the main reason of my post, the welcome packet, that alone justifies the cost. Use the B2G1 coupon on some $40 games you were on the edge about, and then it has paid for itself.

You just glossed over some of the main reason of my post, the welcome packet, that alone justifies the cost. Use the B2G1 coupon on some $40 games you were on the edge about, and then it has paid for itself.
I didnt just gloss over it. Its not an incentive for me. A one-time coupon that expires shortly after renewal, which Ive never used in the past isnt something thats going to get me to pay a yearly subscription fee which I dont see myself using the way I have in the past. The fact that the coupon caps out at $40 makes it even less attractive. There arent a whole lot of recent games I havent already purchased for $40 around early spring. I dont expect that to change this coming year. Besides Im not a fan of B2G1, deals. It causes me to spend more money than I normally would at one time for stuff I likely wont use.

I didnt just gloss over it. Its not an incentive for me. A one-time coupon that expires shortly after renewal, which Ive never used in the past isnt something thats going to get me to pay a yearly subscription fee which I dont see myself using the way I have in the past. The fact that the coupon caps out at $40 makes it even less attractive. There arent a whole lot of recent games I havent already purchased for $40 around early spring. I dont expect that to change this coming year. Besides Im not a fan of B2G1, deals. It causes me to spend more money than I normally would at one time for stuff I likely wont use.
Also, who has time to play 3 games at once? The only time I jump on B2G1 is if there's one game I want, and good TIVs on the other two games.

Let's make a deal. The people who like the program keep renewing and dont talk about how great the program is and the people who don't stop renewing and stop complaining about how useless it is.

And let's all go about our merry way.

...unless those 40 dollar games are way cheaper elsewhere. Which unless you're buying some first party Nintendo titles, they probably are.

Whats funny, the people who say "well, im not going yo renew GCU as it just isnt as good as it used to be" aren't trying to tell everyone that they should do the same.

But the people who still like GCU get offended and then go on and on trying to convince people what a great value it really is.

Value is subjective and different for everyone. If someone says they don't plan to Renew due to X and Y reasons, don't take it as a personal attack on you for still finding value with GCU.

Whats funny, the people who say "well, im not going yo renew GCU as it just isnt as good as it used to be" aren't trying to tell everyone that they should do the same.

But the people who still like GCU get offended and then go on and on trying to convince people what a great value it really is.

Value is subjective and different for everyone. If someone says they don't plan to Renew due to X and Y reasons, don't take it as a personal attack on you for still finding value with GCU.

Can I get an AMEN!!!!

Is there a thread on the Best Buy forums about the new deals so we can leave feedback?
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/No-quot-Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-quot-Promotion-for-Fall-2013/td-p/695720

^Somebody made a thread, you can post your feedback there.

Well to be fair, Newegg usually has 15 dollars off pre-orders 59.99 or more, no matter what game/system so that seems to be the "best" deal after this if BB doesn't renew the 20 dollar thing for GCU members, (I live in California so i get taxed on amazon/newegg, used to love amazon before, automatic 9% savings on anything)

I don't know why they made it 10 dollars for everyone instead, seems like more people would take advantage of this deal than the 20 dollar one and they don't get 15 dollars back in subscriptions for it. I'd like to see the business sense in that.
Newegg most likely won't get your game to you on release date or allow you to pick it up at midnight. This promotion from Best Buy allows you to save some money while getting it as soon as possible, and best of all you don't have to pay for the unlocked subscription. I will admit the benefits of unlocked is eroding away slowly but majority of Best Buy's great deals are FREE to everyone(Buy 2 Get 1 Pre-owned, Deal of the Day, Pre-owned Deals of the Week, Double RZ Points, Special 2-day Sales, 50% trade in or 100% trade in bonus,etc...). Shouldn't we be happy that Best Buy is trying to offer more great deals to everyone without paywalling?

P.S. I have got confirmation from a Best Buy connector that Call of Duty Ghosts is part of the $10 Reward Certificates promotion. :)

Does anyone know the Reward Zone Silver price match length? I'm guessing 30 days, since it was twice as long before (if I remember correctly).
Hemi just posted (see above) the thread.

It's a little late in my opinion since the program is set up already but I suppose things can always change after the fact. It's pretty lame only 30+ members voted on that thread when hundreds have viewed this thread alone. Not calling you out, but it's the inactivity and laziness of gamers not speaking up when we had plenty of time to do so. Now, we get offered this $10 RZ certificate program as a result. Bravo cag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back